AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-14, 17:29   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
[MANGA] Bleach Volume Poems


With each Volume or Tankōbon KT has a habit of writing a little prose in honor of the events in the manga . These poems seem vague at first but have a deeper meaning . Each of these poems were painstakingly compiled and translated by ChiraChira . This is the same ChiraChira had compiled Bleach names for us


So this thread is an Compilation of Volume Covers and their respective poems .


Quote:
Vol 1 - 30
Spoiler for Vol 1- 5:


Spoiler for Vol 6 -10:




Spoiler for Vol 11-15:



Spoiler for Vol 16 - 20:


Spoiler for Vol 21 - 25:





Spoiler for Vol 26 - 30:
__________________

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-03-23 at 13:45.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 17:30   Link #2
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Vol 31 - ??
* In Progress

Quote:



31: DON'T KILL MY VOLUPTURE

cover: Szayel Aporro Granz



sekai ichi kirai da to itte kure


Spoiler for Translations:
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 17:31   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Extras
In progress

Quote:




SOULs: the rain drags black sun down,

cover: Kurosaki Ichigo



ten o tozasu taiyou


Spoiler for Translation:
Quote:


VIBEs: but the rain dried by white moon.

cover: Kuchiki Rukia



yoru o hazuru tsuki


Spoiler for Translations:
__________________

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-12-14 at 17:46.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:01   Link #4
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
This really is an awesome thread, it is bringing back alot of memories.

Like the bleach volume 07: THE BROKEN CODA, those lines were actually said by Rukia in the epiosde when Byakuya told her death sentence. Although if i recall correctly they changed it slightly, it was:

"We should not shed tears,
as that is just a sign,
of our bodies being defeated by our hearts"


dammit, i love bleachness.... :hearts:
__________________
Elegant Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:12   Link #5
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Truer words have never been spoken after reading the translated VOL 31.

BTW what are the extras?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:14   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Firstly Credits GOTO ChiraChira not me and I am just compilying his fantastic work . I will compile the entire 31 volumes as time permits me : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Destruction View Post
This really is an awesome thread, it is bringing back alot of memories.

Like the bleach volume 07: THE BROKEN CODA, those lines were actually said by Rukia in the epiosde when Byakuya told her death sentence. Although if i recall correctly they changed it slightly, it was:

"We should not shed tears,
as that is just a sign,
of our bodies being defeated by our hearts"


dammit, i love bleachness.... :hearts:
On topic of Byakuya there is also another wonderful poem in chapter 140 (clicky) of Vol 17: ROSA RUBICUNDIOR, LILIO CANDIDIOR

Quote:
I have always been afraid

Always pretending to follow you closely

Always pretending to sharpen my teeth

When the truth is ... I am

Scared to death treading on your shadow
If you ask me the best prose from KT is Never die Alone but sadly Vol 30: THERE IS NO HEART WITHOUT YOU doesnt feauture that poem : (
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 10:13   Link #7
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
On topic of Byakuya there is also another wonderful poem in chapter 140 (clicky) of Vol 17: ROSA RUBICUNDIOR, LILIO CANDIDIOR
Do you know, just because of you i went back and looked up that chapter because that was a beautiful poem ^_^ That was wonderful. Unless i missed my guess it looks like Renji is saying it to Byakuya and suits the chapter perfectly.

Quote:
If you ask me the best prose from KT is Never die Alone but sadly Vol 30: THERE IS NO HEART WITHOUT YOU doesnt feauture that poem : (
wait, if it doesn't feature that poem, what does it feature?

dam.... it seems this is going to be a habit of mine ^_^

*goes and looks it up*
__________________
Elegant Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 12:01   Link #8
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Hmm Kubo is indeed a great poet. My favorite is still the one in volume 4. The poem for volume 31 is pretty interesting though. Szayel's actions show this personality though, appearing to be defeated, then regaining to full health again, consistently giving hope to ishida and renji by appearing to let them find an escape route, then bringing back them to despair by appearing in front of them. But i think the thing we hate him most about is how his fight never ends >_>
__________________
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 11:46   Link #9
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
"I am merely practicing

saying goodbye to you."


That one always got to me...
__________________
Elegant Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 19:29   Link #10
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 24
That is a long poem man... can't wait for the manga to finish so I read all of the poem
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 20:11   Link #11
Amirali
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over the rainbow.
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Awesome work, Geta. Kubo's good with his poetry. I especially like how the characters choices on the cover seem so fitting to the poem. My favourite would have to be:

Quote:
We think the flower on the precipice is beautiful

because our fear make our feet stop at its edge

instead of stepping forward into the sky

like that flower.
That's pure Aizen..........the man without fear, a visionary. I can almost understand why the hollows revere him so. Admiration may be the furthest thing from understanding, but his charisma isn't all a mere facade. Even when his cold nature is truly known, he's still fascinating.

But the Kuchiki poem from volume 7 was beautiful too, as Elle said; its right up there as one of my favourites. I know it was rukia who said it, but I wonder whose sentiments it reflects? I suspect byakuya is pretty lonely. Rukia is the only family he has left; I hope he continues to open up to her.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 22:00   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Firstly Updated till 20 will :Banzai:

Quote:
If I were the rain

could I connect with someone's heart

just as it can unite

the eternally seperated earth and sky?
My fave poem from Memories in the Rain . So deep ne
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 13:28   Link #13
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
But the Kuchiki poem from volume 7 was beautiful too, as Elle said; its right up there as one of my favourites. I know it was rukia who said it, but I wonder whose sentiments it reflects? I suspect byakuya is pretty lonely. Rukia is the only family he has left; I hope he continues to open up to her.
I do feel it reflects Byakuya more than Rukia, but then i am somewhat bias as i love their relationship, Byakuya is such an overprotective brother

What i really like about that poem, was how lightly it treads, it could be that it reflects both of their emotions, Byakuya's and Rukia's, but what is really profound about it, is it shows alot of the thinking of the Kuchiki's household, and perhaps even soul society? That they are always trying to control their hearts by disciplining their bodies, but they realise on some level, that it is perhaps a futile effort. ^_^

I got to admit, i am enjoying the poem for volumn 16: NIGHT OF WIJNRUIT and volumn 19: THE BLACK MOON RISING.

16 shows the forecast of a the future, and a hint for us ^_< But it is almost like hitsu is 'hearing' this from someone and thus we can almost imagin his expression and response to this, and how he would be on his guard etc etc.

And i think 19 goes without saying ^_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
My fave poem from Memories in the Rain . So deep ne
Sorry, not my favourite *shakes head* i sort of liked it at the time but went more and more off it. It is almost too dreamy, there is such an air of well... silliness to it, that it feels off.
__________________
Elegant Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 22:19   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Poems till Vol 25 Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Destruction View Post
Sorry, not my favourite *shakes head* i sort of liked it at the time but went more and more off it. It is almost too dreamy, there is such an air of well... silliness to it, that it feels off.
I am a dreamer so yeah . Its fun to get away from reality and dream some time : D
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 01:31   Link #15
Vujacicfan
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Love Volume 24's poem.
Vujacicfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 14:10   Link #16
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
i don't quite get chapter 22's poem *shakes head*
__________________
Elegant Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 15:07   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
I dont know if this is right but this is my theory on it ...

Ulqi is emostatic/devoid of emotions or melancholic .Ulqi equates himself to zero or his entity void . Meaningless can be interpreted as a void in soul the reason for exsistence you get my drfit . Ulqi is searching his reason for being, with the word meaningless .

So it goes

World (HM) is meaningless so are its denizens . For these people to try to conceive a world in thier shadow is meaningless .

If we take world as a whole than HM it also makes sense . Ulqi is commenting on mankind as a whole .
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 06:11   Link #18
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
I dont know if this is right but this is my theory on it ...

Ulqi is emostatic/devoid of emotions or melancholic .Ulqi equates himself to zero or his entity void . Meaningless can be interpreted as a void in soul the reason for exsistence you get my drfit . Ulqi is searching his reason for being, with the word meaningless .

So it goes

World (HM) is meaningless so are its denizens . For these people to try to conceive a world in thier shadow is meaningless .

If we take world as a whole than HM it also makes sense . Ulqi is commenting on mankind as a whole .
Thank you, that does make sense, however, i keep feeling that the term 'world' is broader than just HM.

And on an entirely different note, YAY FOR YOUR AVATAR! I can see you finally joined the ulq club! ^_<
__________________
Elegant Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 10:25   Link #19
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Destruction View Post
Thank you, that does make sense, however, i keep feeling that the term 'world' is broader than just HM.

And on an entirely different note, YAY FOR YOUR AVATAR! I can see you finally joined the ulq club! ^_<
I concur ' world 'it makes more sense then HM . Ulqi isnt my fave chara I loved this pic so much I had to make an Icon , so ended up making a signature to go with it . The Pic (clicky)
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:36   Link #20
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
29's is the thunderwitch's
Spoiler for translation pics:
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.