AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-06, 20:22   Link #61
NakedAngelX

Was quite fun...... if i didn't watch the comments from here, i would've thought he was a she lol...... acted so girl like in many ways~~
Old 2008-04-06, 22:08   Link #62
zalem

Amusing first episode, Miharu is hilarious. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one. I was kind of skeptical about Miharu's VA, but I think it works. LOL at her being the same VA for Nena Trinity.

edit: Only 13 episodes? Aw, well that sucks. Will have to get into the manga I suppose.
Old 2008-04-06, 23:20   Link #63
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
edit: Only 13 episodes? Aw, well that sucks. Will have to get into the manga I suppose.
J.C Staff aren't sequel shy as their upcoming Znt3 and Slayers 4 will show, so if it's popular I would expect a sequel some day especially since they won't be covering all the manga material in 13 episodes.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 00:39   Link #64
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

This series . . .only 13 epiodes? There's enough manga material . . how could they so sad
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 06:30   Link #65
Kaijin
かいじん

It hasn't yet been determined how many episodes this is getting.
Old 2008-04-07, 17:19   Link #66
DangerMouse

Great character design art and animation in episode 1 definitely impresses me and the snippets of Raimei's action scene in the preview look to continue the smooth animation, can't wait to be able to watch it.

Looking at the amount of manga and the OP characters and type of show this seems to be I'd be disappointed if it ended that quickly with more story to tell when they've given shows that I've had no interest in like Znt more episodes. I'd be very surprised if this show isn't a big success for J.C. Staff.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-04-07 at 17:54.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:27   Link #67
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'd be very surprised if this show isn't a big success for J.C. Staff.
They seemed to have hit jackpot with the Loveless crowd. It may be a cult hit at worst, the best rookie of the season at best.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 21:19   Link #68
Tworble

Just saw the first ep: REALLY impressed! I think this is the one I will be obsessed with this season. Between the amazing artwork, exhilerating fight scenes and beautifully drawn characters; I can't see it going wrong as I already like the manga.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 21:58   Link #69
funkyaristotle

A remarkable and impressive first episode.

The character design and the animation are good and remain consistent throughout the episode. The action scenes are fluid, succinct yet intense and nicely animated (as ninga fights should be).

The background art is certainly unique and add to the charm of the series. While I think the ending tune is adequate, I am totally loving the opening ( I really can not get enough of it ), one of the better opening songs of this season IMO.

While the story till now does not seem to be anything special (your typical protagonist with hidden powers battling the baddies), this episode has more than enough good points to keep me hooked
funkyaristotle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 22:15   Link #70
yozaku
Always Idle

Miharu somewhat like a Trap

is he a tsundere ?

Its seiyuu quite good, i can't tell its animation becoz I see it in nico2 with low quality

However it has good action

nice one
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 04:09   Link #71
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Oh wow, I thought I should watch this and give it a try and it was good. I like the action part with mixture of comedy

--> Wait, Miharu was a girl?

*waiting patiently for subs....*
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 07:39   Link #72
Pesche

This Anime has really potential, but only 13ep

I will watch it anyway
Pesche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 08:20   Link #73
DangerMouse

Where are some of you people getting the 13 episode count from?

If it's just ANN's listing for the series, where they have currently 13 episode titles (only 2 are actually filled in with the rest blank since episode titles haven't even been written on the official page yet and which will be filled in as the show continues and add 14+ if needed in the future like they've done on other shows with unknown episode counts), then that doesn't mean anything since they do not list that as "Number of Episodes" only as "Episode Titles" two different bullet points in all of their series entries in the encyclopedia. There's no "Number of Episodes" category for the show yet since they obviously don't know either at this early stage.

Is there a news story already reporting how many episodes Nabari no Ou is going to be in the Japanese Newtype or something or is it just rumor/guessing?

Given the excellent animation quality they could split it up into several seasons to make sure it remains popular before committing to it but I'm just curious because this looks really good and I hope it's not that short of a series and runs longer either right away or with multiple seasons.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-04-08 at 08:31.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 09:44   Link #74
zetsumei

Good first episode, look very promising. A lot of shows this season but a lot of them seem 'meh', but this one seem good though. Definitely, going to be following this series.
Old 2008-04-08, 10:15   Link #75
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I flipped the picture of Yoite and Miharu in the ending credits, because I thought something was off about it. It turns out my hunch is right!

Spoiler:

Nothing special, just a little present to the Yoite/Miharu fans.
Old 2008-04-08, 13:30   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Where are some of you people getting the 13 episode count from?....
Moon Phase doesn't list an episode count. Shoboi Calendar only goes up to ep13 (broadcast June 30), but doesn't indicate that that's the last episode. I'd say that we don't know yet how many eps there will be.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 20:45   Link #77
Ikusabe_Wataru
orooooo

Saiga Mitsuki x Kugimiya Rie. Someone heard my prayer XD Now I am die without regrets.
Simply because of that VA pair (my two favourite VAs!), I downloaded the raw right after it's out and watched it...
(Music by Ooshima Michiru <3)

Spoiler:

So, curious about the story, then I found the raw for manga vol 1-7 and skimmed through it last night after watching ep 1 raw...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ikusabe_Wataru; 2008-04-08 at 21:06.
Ikusabe_Wataru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 22:23   Link #78
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Am I evil if I was totally grinning when they showed

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
I'd be a bit more careful with that wording.

Spoiler:

Actually, I won't be surprised if things change along the way (like Miharu getting a female love interest). It's a sweet ride with Y/M right now, so I'm content with whatever comes later.
Old 2008-04-08, 22:39   Link #79
Ikusabe_Wataru
orooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Am I evil if I was totally grinning when they showed

Spoiler:
I sincerely thought that it was the staffs' conscience.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Actually, I won't be surprised if things change along the way (like Miharu getting a female love interest). It's a sweet ride with Y/M right now, so I'm content with whatever comes later.
Spoiler:
But yeah, it's not like Miharu/Raimei had no potential =P It got a fair bit of fans too and I don't really reject this pair. Either way I am fine with the story as long as Miharu/Yoite/Aizawa/Raimei don't die along the way.
Spoiler:
Ikusabe_Wataru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 22:51   Link #80
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler:
ZOMG you're kidding. Tell me more. Like now. Because coincidentally, I've just googled her to check out more of her works. XD

Quote:
But yeah, it's not like Miharu/Raimei had no potential =P It got a fair bit of fans too and I don't really reject this pair. Either way I am fine with the story as long as Miharu/Yoite/Aizawa/Raimei don't die along the way.
I agree, Raimei is freaking awesome, she's one of the few characters I'll turn gay for. I also don't mind Miharu getting together with Raimei though she seems to have more chemistry with Aizawa?

Quote:
Spoiler:
Ditto. It's like, okay, it's almost there... almost. But not quite. :P

Tags
action, shounen