AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-12, 15:51   Link #361
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 27
Basically you just resize the image to i.e. 800% then trace the lines and you should get the same result as a small image.
__________________
Eps~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 16:03   Link #362
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
Basically you just resize the image to i.e. 800% then trace the lines and you should get the same result as a small image.
What Eps~ said ^^

This is basically what I do myself, if I don't forget it. That's the biggest plus with vectoring imo.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-12, 16:08   Link #363
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
But I find it fun, so I'm going to find something else to try to vector. ^^
I suggest going for screencaps of characters faces.

There are easy to do (most of the time) and serve as a good practice before trying something a bit more complex.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 18:59   Link #364
Hakuryu
Klutz
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Age: 23
Thanks a lot for the help you guys. ^^ Now, I'll be looking for some screen caps to do.

Now some sigs because I was bored and experimenting~




And a sig from Escimo's tutorial. =3
__________________
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 19:35   Link #365
escimo
Paparazzi
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ice Box
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Thanks a lot for the help you guys. ^^ Now, I'll be looking for some screen caps to do.

Now some sigs because I was bored and experimenting~
Nice coloring. It has quite serene feeling to it. I like it.

Quote:
Hue of the render and the background don't match really well. Bg is quite yellowish green and the render is almost cyan. Levels of the render feel that they're a bit off as well. And overall maybe a bit too green for my taste. Very nice background though.

Quote:
And a sig from Escimo's tutorial. =3
Glad to see someone making use of the tutorial. Turned out nicely. (I think it's better than my tutorial pic.)
__________________
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 13:45   Link #366
Hakuryu
Klutz
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Age: 23
^Thanks for the feed back Escimo-san. =3
Wow, I notice now that the second one doesn't blend that well. Thank you for pointing that out. xD

Here's another vector in progress~
I used a screenshot from the game Okami to do this one.


Haha, Ammy's so silly.
__________________
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 14:44   Link #367
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
hah! I love that scene You forgot the little dot that marks her butt
The vector is looking great btw, oh, and are you ever going to use that last avi you did of Ammy?
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 18:25   Link #368
Hakuryu
Klutz
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
hah! I love that scene You forgot the little dot that marks her butt
The vector is looking great btw, oh, and are you ever going to use that last avi you did of Ammy?
Haha, I know I forgot that. xD Thanks though~

Oh, I made that for use on another forum, I'm not gonna use it here. ^^

'Kay, I put Ammy on hold and started another vector. This is being vectored from a screenshot of Kanokon. I cannot believe how long it takes to do these kind. Dx

I messed up a bit on her eyebrows...I know.
__________________
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 19:17   Link #369
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
This is being vectored from a screenshot of Kanokon. I cannot believe how long it takes to do these kind. Dx

I messed up a bit on her eyebrows...I know.
Cute!

You should try one where the eyes are visible in detail next!
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:15   Link #370
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post

I messed up a bit on her eyebrows...I know.
Still it looks really good
__________________

Avantoe's corner | My Anime List | Sig by Malin |
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 06:45   Link #371
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Dear god.. vector craze starts again.. Anyone remember back then when Lucky Star craze hit the road? Everyone made vectors of the characters.. Its beginning again >.<
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 11:50   Link #372
Hakuryu
Klutz
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Cute!

You should try one where the eyes are visible in detail next!
Kay, I'll try. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantoe View Post
Still it looks really good
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Dear god.. vector craze starts again.. Anyone remember back then when Lucky Star craze hit the road? Everyone made vectors of the characters.. Its beginning again >.<
Is that a bad thing...? >.>


Well, I somewhat finished it. I just have no idea how to shade it.
__________________
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 12:10   Link #373
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Dear god.. vector craze starts again.. Anyone remember back then when Lucky Star craze hit the road? Everyone made vectors of the characters.. Its beginning again >.<
Yeah, we all got a little psycho back then. I mean heck, I am still using the Akira one as my profile pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu
Well, I somewhat finished it. I just have no idea how to shade it.
How come? Is the original lacking shadows?
__________________

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2008-07-15 at 20:36.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 19:31   Link #374
Hakuryu
Klutz
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
How come? Is the original lacking shadows?
Here's the original screen.

The light is coming from behind so do I just add the high-lights? I don't know what to shade.

Oh and plus one simple sig. ^^
__________________
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 20:41   Link #375
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Here's the original screen.

The light is coming from behind so do I just add the high-lights? I don't know what to shade.
Now I see what you mean. If you were to shadow everything as it appears in the screencap, you will pretty much need to add the whole ligh effect around her to get a good result.

You can still made up your own shadows if the whole scene proves to be difficult.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 15:40   Link #376
Hakuryu
Klutz
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Now I see what you mean. If you were to shadow everything as it appears in the screencap, you will pretty much need to add the whole ligh effect around her to get a good result.

You can still made up your own shadows if the whole scene proves to be difficult.
I think I'll have to make up my own shadows. Seems like a mess just to shadow just about all of her anyway.

+1 sig

I suck at C4d or whatever they're called. Dx
__________________
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 17:58   Link #377
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
ATTTTTTTTTTTTTTACKKKKKKKKKKKK OF THE PHOTO FILTERRRRRRRRRRRR!

No though, that render is pretty awesome. And you'renot too bad at C4D, it just takes practice!
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 13:35   Link #378
Hakuryu
Klutz
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
ATTTTTTTTTTTTTTACKKKKKKKKKKKK OF THE PHOTO FILTERRRRRRRRRRRR!

No though, that render is pretty awesome. And you'renot too bad at C4D, it just takes practice!
Haha, that it is Marina-chan. x3 I really need to keep practicing with it though.

Alrighty, I've made my logo for my renders/vectors. And I bet you'd all NEVER guess who I would use.

Spoiler for Surprise! ...NOT!:



Oh, and another WIP~


+1 Simple sig also. ^^
__________________
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 13:39   Link #379
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Haha, that logo is awesome. Really nice work with it!
Imo the text could improve a bit, it actually took me some time to read the word vectors but that's just me.
Looking forward to more vectors in the future then
__________________

Avantoe's corner | My Anime List | Sig by Malin |
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 14:04   Link #380
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Alrighty, I've made my logo for my renders/vectors. And I bet you'd all NEVER guess who I would use.

Spoiler for Surprise! ...NOT!:
Zomg! Your logo is too adorable. D:
__________________
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avatars, okami

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.