AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2009-06-17, 13:13   Link #721
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3 Send a message via Skype™ to Ca12nag3
What about that one shot thing? http://enigma.4rumer.net/portal.htm?pid=4

its about mion, this didnt get animated yet
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 13:50   Link #722
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca12nag3 View Post
What about that one shot thing? http://enigma.4rumer.net/portal.htm?pid=4

its about mion, this didnt get animated yet
There are loads of side-stories, however they're too disjointed to form a series. It's over. There will never be another Higurashi series.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 16:16   Link #723
Ca12nag3

Well if there is or is not going to be a new season or OVA depends on more, ill just wait and see ....not that im realy going to wait for it but it wouldnt surprise me.
Old 2009-06-17, 21:22   Link #724
Kobukson

Quote:
Well if there is or is not going to be a new season or OVA depends on more, ill just wait and see ....not that im realy going to wait for it but it wouldnt surprise me.
(-__-);;

Can't people just be satisfied with a job well done? Much as I love Higurashi, they completed it and did well. They only way they could do anything more with this series is to go the route of Kanon and get a KyoAni redo or invest in the PS2-exclusive arcs; both of which aren't needed at the moment.

You would think from all the responses that they'd left us on a edge like Kare Kano or Macross Frontier with incomplete resolution. :P

BE HAPPY and look forward to Unineko! Or, better yet, buy and read the actual VN since the anime glosses over a bit.
Kobukson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 06:50   Link #725
Ca12nag3

I dunno realy with Kai endings i was kinda contend like well its over but now they made Rei with only 5 epps sure its a OVA.
Spoiler for rei2/3:
. All im saying is they thats the animaters are kinda starting over with the OVA. So thats why im thinking...well a season 4 would be a good posibility.
Old 2009-06-18, 07:40   Link #726
Eryops

Quote:
All im saying is they thats the animaters are kinda starting over with the OVA. So thats why im thinking...well a season 4 would be a good posibility.
They're not starting over; it's an epilogue. And the production of more episodes was announced at the end of Kai and they still had Saikoroshi-hen, which followed on from Kai, to animate.

I give up; believe whatever you want.
Old 2009-06-18, 11:33   Link #727
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Listen to Eryops, it's not gonna happen. The same company is animating Umineko now, they have moved on. There's A LOT of material to work with in Umineko, and like Eryops said, Rei is an EPILOGUE. Meaning that it's the end, the finale, the last season of Higurashi ever to be animated. DEEN is only animating the MAIN series (Alchemist chapters and manga extras are just SIDE stories for the fans to enjoy, Deen will not be animating those most likely). If you want to hope for a new season for absolutely no reason then go right ahead, but be prepared to be very disappointed. =/

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 12:12   Link #728
Ca12nag3

Im not hoping for anything just keeping an open mind to anything. Its most likely not going to happen true. But shesh i dont need to get cracked down by people.
Old 2009-06-18, 18:03   Link #729
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I've noticed that the raw of Ep. 4 has appeared in various places on the internets. Is anyone subbing this, or are the groups only subbing the DVD versions? Do I really have to wait till the 24th? =/
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 03:28   Link #730
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I've noticed that the raw of Ep. 4 has appeared in various places on the internets. Is anyone subbing this, or are the groups only subbing the DVD versions? Do I really have to wait till the 24th? =/
You'll really have to wait till the 24th. Low-quality raws (originating from an online streaming of the episodes) appeared weeks in advance of the official release of every episode, but none ever got subbed.
Old 2009-06-20, 22:45   Link #731
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobukson View Post
(-__-);;

Can't people just be satisfied with a job well done? Much as I love Higurashi, they completed it and did well. They only way they could do anything more with this series is to go the route of Kanon and get a KyoAni redo or invest in the PS2-exclusive arcs; both of which aren't needed at the moment.

You would think from all the responses that they'd left us on a edge like Kare Kano or Macross Frontier with incomplete resolution. :P

BE HAPPY and look forward to Unineko! Or, better yet, buy and read the actual VN since the anime glosses over a bit.
No thank you. I don't even want KyoAni to touch the greatness that is Higurashi. I want more Shaft.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 23:19   Link #732
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
You'll really have to wait till the 24th. Low-quality raws (originating from an online streaming of the episodes) appeared weeks in advance of the official release of every episode, but none ever got subbed.
I wondered where the streams came from, since it's an OVA and isn't aired on TV. I haven't looked at them myself so I had no idea of the quality.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 23:35   Link #733
Marion
The Great Dine

I really hope Higurashi doesn't get milked like a cash cow. So many other series have been and it just doesn't turn out good in the end (Tenchi Muyo series for example).

I agree with Orophin. There can be spiritual sequels if they want but in the timeline and all Saikoroshi-hen is considered the epilogue of the Higurashi series. I'm satisfied with the ending myself and I rather not see any silly twist after Saikoroshi-hen's ending to make it different.

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 05:50   Link #734
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I really hope Higurashi doesn't get milked like a cash cow. So many other series have been and it just doesn't turn out good in the end (Tenchi Muyo series for example).
One can argue that Higurashi has already been milked like a cash cow. There's a ton of merchandise out there and quite a few of console versions of the VN have been released.

I don't think we'll be seeing any more anime though; the OVA serves as a conclusion and Studio Deen in now moving on to Umineko.
Old 2009-06-21, 08:37   Link #735
Ca12nag3

As long as the original makers/writers are making new stuff with Higurashi its still their thing and nothing bad would happen like poor quality like other series. Tho eventualy they need an income so if Higurashi would provide better then Umineko theyll make more Higurashi. Atm seems like Umineko will get more atention in the near future.

DBZ->DB-GT is another good example why not to go to far with milking it.
Old 2009-06-22, 16:56   Link #736
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
As long as the original makers/writers are making new stuff with Higurashi its still their thing and nothing bad would happen like poor quality like other series. Tho eventualy they need an income so if Higurashi would provide better then Umineko theyll make more Higurashi. Atm seems like Umineko will get more atention in the near future.

DBZ->DB-GT is another good example why not to go to far with milking it.
Higurashi is over. Unless Ryukushi and ONLY Ryukushi makes another Higurashi, which I highly doubt, then they might animate it. There are tons of spin off games and mangas and animating all of them would simply be too much.

Right now there is no plan to make another Higurashi game. Rei was the last Higurashi game 07th Expansion released and that was in 2006 - almost 3 years ago.

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 05:02   Link #737
Ca12nag3

True true id only like it if it were by Ryukushi tho who has the rights for it? I meen i hope not that they can do to it as they did with Dragonball-GT creating some horrid new season for the money.
Old 2009-06-26, 07:09   Link #738
Mint Kashiro

I personally wouldn't mind more OVAs of certain side stories, but really, I just want to get into Umineko already, and see how they deal with animating all of that.

They're right though, just let it go to When They Cry 3 already. It's still part of the same 'series', so let the characters of Higurashi rest a bit. Xp
Mint Kashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 06:54   Link #739
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Spoiler for Rei episode 4 ending:
Old 2009-06-29, 08:22   Link #740
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

There still could be hope for a bonus OVA or anniversity/special :P
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote