AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-18, 01:30   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
[Manga] How will Jiraiya and his students's fates shape the events to come?

Legendary ninja, gentleman, illustrous writter and open pervert, Jiraiya of the Sannin has finally met his end.
His life and choices shaped the universe as we know it and the deeds of his students will soon save or destroy the world.

What changes will his death bring? How will his final choice effect the prophecy? Which one of his students will be the destiny child fated to bring peace or destruction to the world?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 02:16   Link #2
Negs
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Which one of his students will be the destiny child fated to bring peace or destruction to the world?

You're kidding here, right?
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 02:37   Link #3
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
In Jiraiya's honor, I was expecting a wolf-of-mibu style thread start, but, I guess, I got my hopes too high...Still, this may be more effective than what I had in mind. Anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negs View Post
You're kidding here, right?
Who knows, what you have is still a guess after all...Kishi may want to finish the story with a bang, just like his dear Deidara, which means Pein may end up being the lucky one. You can also imagine a scenario where both do what is meant to be done as the child of prophecy (meaning, first some destruction by the first child of prophecy then a stop by the opposing child of prophecy).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 02:40   Link #4
Naotaka
Sensei
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negs View Post
You're kidding here, right?
Idk Hunter doesn't strike me as the type with a sence of humor =p. J/k

Though the answear is obvious. I still think it would be cool if Pain pulled a 180 simular to Gaara (or Sai / Neji) somewhere near the end of the fight. Then both could become the destined children creating a better world.

It would be such a shame to see the greatest of the 3 eye techniques get lost over a foolish ideal, that Pain has.

Though more importantly I want to know, why Jaraiya revealing Pain's real identity is going to be such a difference maker in the fight? I mean what difference could it really make if Pain was Nagato or someone else? I'm sure I'll find out soon, but right now I'm just not seeing the logic here.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=70686&dateline=119772  7988
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 05:58   Link #5
Naruto_spartan
epic hero
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
Pein, in his early years was a good kid, I doubt that someone can become as evil as that. Maybe he is under the influence/controled of/by something/someone else, you know waiting for Naruto to come and save him from this darkness.
__________________
Every man has the power to change the world as long as he has the heart for the truth and the guts to take what the world throws at him.
Naruto_spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 06:56   Link #6
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 32
destined child could also be both naruto and pein as parts of ying and yang , one would bring peace and one would bring chaos and destruction to the ninja world and it will be determined by their own fight...
__________________
ohh sasuke kun...please spare me...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 10:50   Link #7
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
destined child could also be both naruto and pein as parts of ying and yang , one would bring peace and one would bring chaos and destruction to the ninja world and it will be determined by their own fight...
haha I was thinking the same thing...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 10:53   Link #8
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
destined child could also be both naruto and pein as parts of ying and yang , one would bring peace and one would bring chaos and destruction to the ninja world and it will be determined by their own fight...
-Or they could be the yin and yang that are needed to defeat an even more sinister disaster. Light and darkness need one another as neither can exist without the other.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 11:15   Link #9
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Naruto is the detined child isn't he? I though that is what Jiraiya said...Now...what I'm confused on...Is it Jiriya's choice teh decideds the fate or teh world or the detined child's choice?
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 11:49   Link #10
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Davitz
it seems astho
one of these supposed
'destined childs' has inner evil and one inner good possibly
even tho this might not be relevant just syaing
that once the original rinnegan user nagato was good and that the beast inside naruto is very evil?
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\anime and manga\Davitz.jpg
"Ive to use it, because we cant be saved any other way." -Mishima

Manga - 666satan, Naruto, bleach, gantz, onepiece, aflame inferno, crimson sword.
Davitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:11   Link #11
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
I wonder what was that last move of Jiraiya that was supposed to be so important, i mean when he raises from death for a second to make a one finger seal on the back of the toad. It's supposed to be a move which he made to seal his choice of who is the destined child. Was it the key of the full-kyuubi? Was it the knowledge on Pein's identity for which Jiraiya had went back to fight Pein and die? He sacrificed his life to go back to the 5 remaining Peins and discover Pein's identity, so i think it's not the kyuubi-key that he did but the seal has information on Pein's identy or ability.

The destined child's ability to bring either destruction or peace to the world in case of Naruto seems simple: he either becomes the kyuubi by losing his control or he tames the kyuubi's power and becomes stronger than anyone else living by the ideals of the "will of fire".
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:45   Link #12
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 8
I think it was clear from the last chapter that the 'choice' jiraya made (to never give up) is also the choice that the character of his book (as per prophecy) made to never give up. By proxy the child of prophecy is Naruto and Jiraya chose him as such by naming him and therefore setting in motion a chain of events that would follow. He just realised all that in the very end when he linked the concept of never giving up > to the book he wrote > to the character therein > to Naruto the child of prophecy.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 16:18   Link #13
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
There are many things that are affected by Jiraiya's death. And, interestingly, most if not all of those will be related to Naruto. The child of prophecy is one of those.

I am more interested in the summon related issues that will be forwarded to Naruto. The first was the key left by Yondaime to Jiraiya as the temporary hiding place. That means, a small arc dealing with the training to unlock the key is to be expected. Another thing is what will happen to Jiraiya's summoning jutsu and the requirements that come with it. If Naruto is the only remaining alive human member of the toad summon familya, I expect Naruto to face the toad lords or elders, just like Jiraiya. If that ever happens, maybe we can learn a few other important issues directly from these elders. Information that cannot be obtained through normal means, even information on Kyuubi (Naruto was not forced to discuss that with Kyuubi, to learn about what happened before with him and Uchihas, even after the last Uchiha-Kyuubi confrontation). And, of course, I also wish a special summoning like what happened in hermit mode with Jiraiya but this time used by Naruto. It is not easy to make a comparison, but, I feel that may be as powerful as the cursed seal modes. (now that I think about it, maybe a bodily summon that can suck up Kyuubi's chakra at high rates without giving disturbance to the main host, Naruto, and making him go berserk, may become a great technique for Naruto)
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 17:59   Link #14
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
One thing should be done finally before all this matter becomes too ridiculous: somebody should tell Naruto about his parents already! Isn't this looking stupid that Jiraiya never talked to Naruto about his past. Jiraiya begins by saying that Naruto is like the 4th, but unlike the 4th he is stupid, but never again did he tell anything to Naruto about the truth. So this is either extremely stupid storytelling from Kishimoto or there is a very important reason behind this. I can only have some vague guesses, for example Jiraiya was thinking that Kushina betrayed the village and left them and Yondaime, or Kushina was the descendant of some unknown noble family so that she was forced to leave after Naruto was born, either way Jiraiya and Tsunade didn't tell about Yondaime being the fater because than Naruto would ask who the mother is and they don't want him to know about Kushina. But this sound still odd, it's really difficult to think of a beliveable reason. If the reason is some dark past than it would be an interesting plot twist if Naruto learning about that begins to question his faith in Konoha and being a hokage and starts thinking if this were his path. That way he would become a more complex personality, and of course his choice between saving everyone or doing something else would not be so clear anymore.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2007-12-18 at 18:49.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 18:59   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I'm really interested on how they approach unlocking Naruto's seal. Jiraiya said that Naruto went 4-tail after cracking the seal just a bit. If they were try to open it anymore than that, who knows what would happen. Nothing really seems to have changed since then in regards to how well Naruto controls the Kyuubi. Yamato can suppress the power but only up to a certain point.

Also I thought Jiraiya's outlook on his life was kind of puzzling. He felt bad because he couldn't match the accomplishments of the Hokage, yet, when he was offered the position of Hokage, he turned it down. I guess Naruto will accomplish everything Jiraiya didn't in his life: he'll stop Sasuke, save the world, become Hokage and hook up with Sakura. He'll never be as great when it comes to pervertedness though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
One thing should be done finally before all this matter becomes too ridiculous: somebody should tell Naruto about his parents already! Isn't this looking stupid that Jiraiya never talked to Naruto about his past. Jiraiya begins by saying that Naruto is like the 4th, but unlike the 4th he is stupid, but never again did he tell anything to Naruto about the truth. So this is either extremely stupid storytelling from Kishimoto or there is a very important reason behind this.
I don't think there's anything dark or shameful about Kushina because Tsunade's and Jiraiya's memories of her were obviously fond ones. And Tsunade said Naruto's personality was just like his mother's. She wouldn't have made that comparison if Kushina was someone traitorous.

Really, I think the reason that Jiraiya (like Sandaime, Tsunade, Kakashi and maybe others who knew about it) didn't tell Naruto about his father or mother is that the time simply wasn't right. Jiraiya wanted Naruto to concentrate on getting stronger and training, not being worrying about his past or possibly getting a swelled head. I think he intended to one day tell Naruto about his father, mother and the key to his seal all at one time, when he was mature enough. But up until now, it was best that Naruto just thought of the 4th as a Hokage to surpass.

Regardless the reason it was hid, I'm sure that Naruto will be told about his heritage soon. I really can't guess what his reaction will be. It'd be funny if it was something like "HA! I knew it! In your face Sasuke!" but I guess Jiraiya's death will make the news bittersweet for Naruto.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2007-12-18 at 19:09.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 19:30   Link #16
Goshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somehwre between this world and the next
Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
i think jiraiya turned down the hokage job because of the prophecy the toad said, you can't travel the world and observe nature if you are a hokage. i liked the fact that even though he did not have the title he still felt he had to be as great as one.

i also think that naruto won't make a big deal out of the 4th being his father. he prob won't care. /jiraiya/kakashi don't know which at this point but one of them already filled the roll of a father in naruto's virtual family, just like sasuke is brother. maybe it will be like HunterxHunter where gon did not feel like hearing his mother's voice because his aunt had already filled the mother spot

come to think of it, jiraiya could have already told naruto about his parents during their 3 years of trainning, and like i said above naruto did not care much..
__________________


"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 11:54   Link #17
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
i think jiraiya turned down the hokage job because of the prophecy the toad said, you can't travel the world and observe nature if you are a hokage. i liked the fact that even though he did not have the title he still felt he had to be as great as one.

i also think that naruto won't make a big deal out of the 4th being his father. he prob won't care. /jiraiya/kakashi don't know which at this point but one of them already filled the roll of a father in naruto's virtual family, just like sasuke is brother. maybe it will be like HunterxHunter where gon did not feel like hearing his mother's voice because his aunt had already filled the mother spot

come to think of it, jiraiya could have already told naruto about his parents during their 3 years of trainning, and like i said above naruto did not care much..
That's a very good point, I never thought of that...hmmm

I doubt it...He's going to be all shocked and and everything..that is if anyone accually tells him Minato is his father...See, this leaves me to wonder...Not many people must of known that Naruto was Minato's son, or they would of treated him better. And obviously they don't know about the whole "prophocie " thing or they would of treated him better because he holds the fate of the world. Then again, I'm guessing that the whole "him being shuned" as a child would be what makes him ready. Shuned as a child, so he wants to work harder to prove him self, so allowing people not to know about this "prophocie" and knowing he is not Minato's son, then they shun him in the tend resulting helping him either A. save the world, or B. Destroy it. Now what I want to know is Jiriaya wrote this book for this Prophocie correct? Well, does tis mean Naruto is following this set story line in the book? If so, that means that Jiraiya know's the ending does he not? Well, I mean, since he had to make a choice to get everything in play, That makes me think that Jiraiya diidn't finish the book, because if he had, and it is supposed to follow said path, then they would have known, so then Jiraiya wouldn't be worring so much.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 12:27   Link #18
sabret00the
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: London (UK)
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
There are many things that are affected by Jiraiya's death. And, interestingly, most if not all of those will be related to Naruto. The child of prophecy is one of those.

I am more interested in the summon related issues that will be forwarded to Naruto. The first was the key left by Yondaime to Jiraiya as the temporary hiding place. That means, a small arc dealing with the training to unlock the key is to be expected. Another thing is what will happen to Jiraiya's summoning jutsu and the requirements that come with it. If Naruto is the only remaining alive human member of the toad summon familya, I expect Naruto to face the toad lords or elders, just like Jiraiya. If that ever happens, maybe we can learn a few other important issues directly from these elders. Information that cannot be obtained through normal means, even information on Kyuubi (Naruto was not forced to discuss that with Kyuubi, to learn about what happened before with him and Uchihas, even after the last Uchiha-Kyuubi confrontation). And, of course, I also wish a special summoning like what happened in hermit mode with Jiraiya but this time used by Naruto. It is not easy to make a comparison, but, I feel that may be as powerful as the cursed seal modes. (now that I think about it, maybe a bodily summon that can suck up Kyuubi's chakra at high rates without giving disturbance to the main host, Naruto, and making him go berserk, may become a great technique for Naruto)
your post pretty much covers all of my thoughts on the matter of Jiraiya's death.

Reading the manga i was pretty irked by just how far Naruto's abilities were dumbed down since the second bell match against Kakashi and it looks like he might finally get his power back up to be on equal terms with sasuke. I'm really looking forward to him surpassing Sai. And I also can't wait to see him use hair and toad techniques.

Which in itself leads to the question of, why wasn't he taught the more complex toad summoning techniques before? Can only one person do such techniques at a time?

Someone raised a question regarding the secrecy of Naruto's parents and i think that their idea is perfect for this. The truth is revealed to Naruto, he's thrown into turmoil. Leaves the hidden village for a small while searching for Sasuke on his own and comes back an arc later chosing to fix Konaha with his re-found faith in his ability as a hokakge.

All in all. It will just be nice to see Naruto doing more than the same two techniques over and over again (henge and kage bunshin). Finally the authors been backed into a corner where by he has no choice but to give Naruto a power up.

Also thinking about it, Naruto will need to go and look at the whirlpool country and learn a few of their techniques, not to mention find out about his mothers Kage Bunshin fighting technique and assimilate that knowledge.

Last edited by sabret00the; 2007-12-19 at 19:47.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 21:04   Link #19
tkdtiger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Naruto is the detined child isn't he? I though that is what Jiraiya said...Now...what I'm confused on...Is it Jiriya's choice teh decideds the fate or teh world or the detined child's choice?
True Jiraiya stated that Naruto was the destined child, but at the same token for the longest time he thought Nagato was the destined child. I'm wondering if the choice he had to make turns out to be a choice of choosing Naruto or Nagato and in the end he chose Naruto...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 10:27   Link #20
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
True Jiraiya stated that Naruto was the destined child, but at the same token for the longest time he thought Nagato was the destined child. I'm wondering if the choice he had to make turns out to be a choice of choosing Naruto or Nagato and in the end he chose Naruto...
You know...I never thought of that....They never did say what exactly was supposed to be Jiraiya's "Choice." For all we knew his choice could of been to eat a bowl of chicken noodle soup... But yea, that is a very good possibility...Now, I must re think my whol thing of what could happen next based off this new data..(I'm going off of a lot more and comming up with possible answers So, tis be new data I can work from..YAY I have something to do instead of pay attention in math...((We are supposed to be working on some project but I'm done and my teacher is just going on and on....)
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.