AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-02, 08:59   Link #381
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I think she just died from lack of food and water. Plus, sun exposure and infection from that thing she carried around...
I love the fact her father lets her sail away with a bag that probably smelt like rotten meat.

Ahh, loving fathers. And of course they wouldn't question why she was going alone anyway

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-10-03, 12:39   Link #382
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
I love the fact her father lets her sail away with a bag that probably smelt like rotten meat.

Ahh, loving fathers. And of course they wouldn't question why she was going alone anyway
They didn't seem to even notice how she has been in a completely broken state for a several monthes. They aren't the most perceptive parents obviously.
Old 2010-10-05, 03:59   Link #383
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
They didn't seem to even notice how she has been in a completely broken state for a several monthes. They aren't the most perceptive parents obviously.
I wonder what the situation would be if Katsura ever returned home. It'll probably just be like

Crazy Katsura : Hey there dad! I just came back from sea with the severed head of my boyfriend who was murdered by my best friend who I killed later on and sliced open to check if she was pregnant or not!

Dad : *Reading newspaper* Yea thats great sweetheart, by the way you were an accident and I don't love you. Thats what happens when you forget to use a condom. But not like you would anything about condoms you slut!

Crazy Katsura : 0_o

Yea...great parents really.

- Lashloseus

Last edited by Hsadman; 2010-10-05 at 04:13.
Old 2010-10-05, 21:40   Link #384
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
I wonder what the situation would be if Katsura ever returned home. It'll probably just be like

Crazy Katsura : Hey there dad! I just came back from sea with the severed head of my boyfriend who was murdered by my best friend who I killed later on and sliced open to check if she was pregnant or not!

Dad : *Reading newspaper* Yea thats great sweetheart, by the way you were an accident and I don't love you. Thats what happens when you forget to use a condom. But not like you would anything about condoms you slut!

Crazy Katsura : 0_o

Yea...great parents really.
Now that is one really messed up father...
Old 2010-10-06, 13:11   Link #385
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I stick with the "Kick in the balls" idea. Or an iron can be used if kicking is not desired.
Just give me 15 minutes in a room alone with him and I'll fix him up. I'll need a crowbar, tape, rope, bat, pencil, feather, softball, and a bar of soap.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-10-15, 14:15   Link #386
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:

Quote:

you guys need to read on who the father is.
Old 2010-10-24, 19:36   Link #387
Spartanz1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
LOL! I think Kotonoha went to a mental institute.
To me it seems like she perished at sea, for all we know she is not coming back to face the music.
But for that aside Makoto did deserved to get punished, his social life already went to hell the moment Sekai told everyone she was pregnant and he was the father. So at that point many people would not talk to him, and he would had probably been expelled or moved away. Murder, however does not solve anything; it only makes things worse and this ending proves it. I was surprised the School or the authorities didn't take notice and keep an eye on them though, even I would had called the police or told their parents or the principle what was going on and asked them to keep an eye on them.
Old 2010-10-25, 06:08   Link #388
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanz1170 View Post
To me it seems like she perished at sea, for all we know she is not coming back to face the music.
But for that aside Makoto did deserved to get punished, his social life already went to hell the moment Sekai told everyone she was pregnant and he was the father. So at that point many people would not talk to him, and he would had probably been expelled or moved away. Murder, however does not solve anything; it only makes things worse and this ending proves it. I was surprised the School or the authorities didn't take notice and keep an eye on them though, even I would had called the police or told their parents or the principle what was going on and asked them to keep an eye on them.
That's what really bugs me. The adults in the anime seem to be incredibly stupid and blind. Plus their parents don't seem to grasp what was going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiritsugane View Post
JUST fifteen minutes Hsadman?

I doubt Kotonoha would come back anyways. Actually I'm almost certain she wouldn't because she had "Makoto" with her. So she was probably alright just dying on sea.

Murder is always wrong unless under the 'correct' circumstances.
15 minutes is long enough for me to steal his Man license :P

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-10-26, 16:58   Link #389
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author

Quote:
That's what really bugs me. The adults in the anime seem to be incredibly stupid and blind. Plus their parents don't seem to grasp what was going on?
I was just letting out huge sighs when things were happening all around these high-schoolers, and the adults barely had any involvement in it.... It just made me very surprised...
Old 2010-11-10, 22:59   Link #390
flowerthief

Well, School Days is a fantasy story. Its lack of realism never bugged me because I didn't take it seriously for a moment. Everything in the story is all just a vehicle to get to some H-scenes anyway. H-scenes which are too long! That's my only problem with it.
Old 2010-11-11, 10:42   Link #391
Dr. Casey

There's certain aspects of School Days here and there that are unrealistic, but I think that you're making the series out to be a lot dumber than it actually is. Not that you're alone on this, most people seem to think of School Days with "lol this series is so dumb it's just mindless drama the characters are terribly written and inconsistent even though they're actually not and the writers took a lot of effort to write the characters consistently minus a few hiccups here and there, I'm not actually going to explain or back up anything I just said by the way because empty arguments are the best."
Old 2010-11-11, 15:15   Link #392
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

I just truly sometimes don't understand why people wanted Makoto to die so bad. He did wrong, but death was NOT necessary and its was too far on Sekai's parts. Everyone in this anime is to blame. But everyone seems to target mostly Makoto. Let me point out two things. First, Makoto NEVER went out looking for sex. All the girls came to him for sex, and Sekai manipulated his mind to where he thought it was ok if the girl wanted it. Secondly, everyone who watched this series keeps talking about Makoto not caring about anyone and being a jerkass. The WHOLE point of episode 12 was for us to see that Makoto REALIZED that everything he's done was wrong, and realized how acting on lust is not right. He was redeeming himself to be with Kotonoha because he truly loved her from the beginning, not lusted her like with everyone else. But Sekai killed him before he could be a better person. So no, He didn't deserve it...because he was changing into a better person, but was still killed by someone who was suppose to love him....Murder is FAR more dirty than cheating

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 2010-11-11 at 15:28.
Old 2010-11-13, 22:30   Link #393
flowerthief

Oh, "dumb" is not a word I would use to describe School Days. I think its brand of complex multi-linear story branching into countless crazy scenarios is more demanding to write than people sometimes appreciate. Even if the characters were completely flat (a charge not made by me) I could still respect it for that, not to mention the fact that it is fully animated!

I just don't think realism is a high priority for writers of this sort of product. That's not as much of a criticism as it might sound given the target audience. Eroge players aren't necessarily looking for realism, ya know. They get enough realism in their real lives.
Old 2010-11-16, 16:10   Link #394
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
I just truly sometimes don't understand why people wanted Makoto to die so bad. He did wrong, but death was NOT necessary
Not "necessary", but certainly "well deserved" and "pleasurable"

Makoto is a jerkass of titanic proportions, so completely egocentric it reach monstrous levels. He doesn't even see the pain he causes because he doesn't care about others, only what they can bring to him. That's the ultimate failing in morality, not even seeing others.
Old 2010-11-18, 14:01   Link #395
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Not "necessary", but certainly "well deserved" and "pleasurable"

Makoto is a jerkass of titanic proportions, so completely egocentric it reach monstrous levels. He doesn't even see the pain he causes because he doesn't care about others, only what they can bring to him. That's the ultimate failing in morality, not even seeing others.
I would like to respectfully disagree... I don't think that the death was pleasurable, or well-deserved... I found it to be a horrid occurrence, and at the very most, I found it just slightly hard to feel sorry for him (and that was just "in the moment" around the part where people usually direct their rage at him the most). If anything, I actually found more "pleasure" (I use that term loosely) when Sekai died. If not for her, Makoto would be a normal, nice and loyal guy, and he and Kotonoha would have lived happily ever after...

Sekai was the one who tried so hard to convince him that doing it with girls who wanted it was okay, in an attempt just to steal Makoto from Kotonoha... And I find it annoying how Sekai got those two together in the first place, only to eventually tear them apart. If she hadn't intervened, perhaps she could have gotten to Makoto eventually, without either party feeling particularly bad.

For Makoto, I will say that I don't find him to be uncaring, though I do think of him as rather simply oblivious and not too bright... I got the feeling he viewed girls asking him for sex on the same level as them asking for help on their homework... Anyway, Tenchi Ryu made a good point on how Makoto finally realized all the f***ed up things he has been doing, and how he wanted to redeem himself. Before he could attempt to change things the way they were, before Sekai intervened in their relationship... Then, Sekai became mentally unhinged, the stress of events taking over her, and then Makoto and Sekai's untimely, unfortunate fates...
Old 2010-11-18, 15:09   Link #396
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
I would like to respectfully disagree... I don't think that the death was pleasurable, or well-deserved... I found it to be a horrid occurrence, and at the very most, I found it just slightly hard to feel sorry for him (and that was just "in the moment" around the part where people usually direct their rage at him the most).
Well, I'll happily recognize I'm very vindicative about people betraying others
I think that generally, people vastly underestimate the pain and damage of betrayal, and how someone has to be a wretch to actually do it.
Quote:
If anything, I actually found more "pleasure" (I use that term loosely) when Sekai died. If not for her, Makoto would be a normal, nice and loyal guy, and he and Kotonoha would have lived happily ever after...
I didn't cry about Sekai either, for sure.
But Makoto was already a jerk very soon, when Sekai was still trying to help him with Kotonoha, so no he would NOT be a nice guy. Remember he was starting to lose interest in her just because she didn't let him shag her the first two days, and he jumped on Sekai simply because he could pet and feel her up.
And he was never a "loyal" one, or Sekai would not have managed to get him when he was supposedly the boyfriend of Kotonoha
Quote:
Sekai was the one who tried so hard to convince him that doing it with girls who wanted it was okay, in an attempt just to steal Makoto from Kotonoha... And I find it annoying how Sekai got those two together in the first place, only to eventually tear them apart. If she hadn't intervened, perhaps she could have gotten to Makoto eventually, without either party feeling particularly bad.
Sure, but at least Sekai, as manipulative she was, was trying (at first) to be nice. Makoto has always been simply trying to have his way and fuck around (literally) without bothering about who he would hurt.
Sekai did hurt others because she loved Makoto. Makoto did hurt other simply because he didn't give a crap about them and wanted everything for himself. Both are suckers, but Makoto is more by orders of magnitudes.

I simply don't buy the "redemption" of Makoto at the end.
He simply found himself rejected by everyone, didn't want to take responsability for the baby, so he jumped at the first opportunity to still keep a girl and still wriggle out of his responsabilities. It's a new low if anything.
If he realized how bad he had been until now, he wouldn't act yet again as a jerk against the mother of his child. It just doesn't compute
Old 2010-11-19, 20:08   Link #397
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author

Quote:
I didn't cry about Sekai either, for sure.
But Makoto was already a jerk very soon, when Sekai was still trying to help him with Kotonoha, so no he would NOT be a nice guy. Remember he was starting to lose interest in her just because she didn't let him shag her the first two days, and he jumped on Sekai simply because he could pet and feel her up.
And he was never a "loyal" one, or Sekai would not have managed to get him when he was supposedly the boyfriend of Kotonoha

Sure, but at least Sekai, as manipulative she was, was trying (at first) to be nice. Makoto has always been simply trying to have his way and fuck around (literally) without bothering about who he would hurt.
Sekai did hurt others because she loved Makoto. Makoto did hurt other simply because he didn't give a crap about them and wanted everything for himself. Both are suckers, but Makoto is more by orders of magnitudes.

I simply don't buy the "redemption" of Makoto at the end.
He simply found himself rejected by everyone, didn't want to take responsability for the baby, so he jumped at the first opportunity to still keep a girl and still wriggle out of his responsabilities. It's a new low if anything.
If he realized how bad he had been until now, he wouldn't act yet again as a jerk against the mother of his child. It just doesn't compute
I also don't buy the redemption of Makoto in any way... He had his way with so many woman, and never once cared about any of them (especially Kotonoha, and Sekai) he was just a lust-driven monkey that believed solely on the word that Sekai told him "It's alright as long as the other person likes it" or something close to that, and that's what set him off to being a pervert that sleeps with other woman, and dumps the old ones.. By the end, before Sekai stabbed him in, he wanted to make "some" connection with Sekai, but it was just impossible with what he did...
Old 2010-11-28, 05:55   Link #398
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Well, I don't think Makoto was faking his love for Katsura at the end of the series, but I also don't accept that it alone could redeem him. I don't care for any of the other girls excluding Sekai and Katsura, the rest were just a bunch of whores. Anyhow, although it's nice to see Makoto accept his faults and seek forgiveness with the one he really owed the apology to, he still had to fix the issues with Sekai, since he possibly got Sekai pregnant. The end just shows how narrow his mind is, that he only focuses on one issue. Which at the end, was Katsura, which is nice to see. However, his main focus should be Sekai, and dealing with the child before going around in a sex frenzy again. But, we didn't get far enough to see if he was going to do anything about it. He still invited her so he's not completely denying her, just putting Katsura as a priority over her.

I do however believe his heart was in the right place, trying to redeem himself. He might have not reached that, and was going about it in the wrong way. But he was looking after who he should have, and trying to deal with the issues he's created.

I personally blame his Sex Ed. Classes. They obviously didn't teach him that if you cheat on your girlfriend, your best friend will get pregnant and through the lessons she gave you, you will engulf yourself in a sex frenzy possibly obtaining and spreading a fair amount of STD's while the original girlfriend will go depressed and partially crazy until you fix things with her and then shortly after you do you will be killed by your pregnant ex who will be killed by your now psycho girlfriend who will slice her open and declare her not pregnant who will also cut up your corpse and take it to sail using it as a pleasure tool.

That's the most important class of them all!

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-11-29, 17:34   Link #399
Hooves
~In Wonderland~
*Author

that seems to be true, Makoto surprised me when I finally understood what he was doing in the anime. It would have been nice to see what he would do for a little longer before being stabbed to death by Sekai.
Old 2010-11-30, 04:04   Link #400
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Is it bad that when I rewatched Makoto's death, I lol'ed at the robot blood before critically analyzing Sekai's actions and the plot which summed to the event?

I mean honestly. His blood looks like friggin' oil. No wonder he's capable of such a sex frenzy, he's a robot made for sexual intercourse. Probably omits some sort of pheromone which ignites female sex urges. But it malfunctioned and released a scent which causes women to go psycho.

- Lashloseus
Closed Thread