AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-19, 14:10   Link #21
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
And, the new joker looks like a man with bad makeup, unlike the original one with style. I can understand their attempt to erase the sign of the old broken series, but, with a cast like that they could have pulled better.
I agree, I liked better the makeup of Tim Burtonís Joker rather than this one, however, The director of this new Take on Batman (Nolan) is better than burtons, IMO. This new set of movies captures Frank Miller vision of Batman, which many consider it to be the best interpretation of Batman.
Old 2007-12-19, 20:49   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Filling in Jack Nicholson shoes is a huge ask I still remain skeptical
Old 2007-12-19, 21:33   Link #23
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
the makeup is lame (psychopath lame)
The only major downside to the movie at this point.

THEY RUINED THE JOKER'S SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kang Seung Jae; 2007-12-19 at 21:51.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 22:24   Link #24
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Filling in Jack Nicholson shoes is a huge ask I still remain skeptical
Think of it less as "filling in for Jack Nicholson" and more of as, "taking a new spin as the Joker". Let's keep an open mind, here, eh?
Old 2007-12-19, 23:04   Link #25
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Think of it less as "filling in for Jack Nicholson" and more of as, "taking a new spin as the Joker". Let's keep an open mind, here, eh?
Heather Ledger is not just filling anybody shoes but Jack’s . Why does it matter so much , well Jack is an institution on acting . I grew up on Tim burtons Batman The very batman which created the perfect Joker . Among all the villains Joker is the number one villain even giving a new spin to the role wont affect it much . Heath Ledger will always be an inferior Joker or the person filling in never the original . Lets say like in 15 years they remake Spiderman the Beginning or something the guy who fills in Toby Maguire shoes will face a lot of flak from Old Spiderman watchers . Toby Maguire immortalized Peter Parker on the silver Screen .

Same goes with Jack Nicholson and Joker ….. Also Heath Ledger is a good actor not a great one , if they had taken someone from the younger generation they should have taken a better actor say Sean Penn Tom Hanks or Russell Crowe . I am not questioning the casting its dictated by the budget . But ask yourself this however good Christian Bale and Val Kilmer have acted or given spin to Batman wont they always be viewed as Replacements to Michael Keaton . Same goes with Jack Nicholson , that’s the reason I remain skeptical , Jack Nicholson’s shoes are to big to be filled
Old 2007-12-19, 23:08   Link #26
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Heather Ledger is not just filling anybody shoes but Jackís . Why does it matter so much , well Jack is an institution on acting . I grew up on Tim burtons Batman The very batman which created the perfect Joker . Among all the villains Joker is the number one villain even giving a new spin to the role wont affect it much . Heath Ledger will always be an inferior Joker or the person filling in never the original . Lets say like in 15 years they remake Spiderman the Beginning or something the guy who fills in Toby Maguire shoes will face a lot of flak from Old Spiderman watchers . Toby Maguire immortalized Peter Parker on the silver Screen .

Same goes with Jack Nicholson and Joker Ö.. Also Heath Ledger is a good actor not a great one , if they had taken someone from the younger generation they should have taken a better actor say Sean Penn Tom Hanks or Russell Crowe . I am not questioning the casting its dictated by the budget . But ask yourself this however good Christian Bale and Val Kilmer have acted or given spin to Batman wont they always be viewed as Replacements to Michael Keaton . Same goes with Jack Nicholson , thatís the reason I remain skeptical , Jack Nicholsonís shoes are to big to be filled
But you have to consider the type of Joker that Nicholson was.

This Joker is the Old School one, while Nicholson's Joker was of the New School.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:13   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I loved the Burton/Nicholson version of the story... but I'm also pretty fine with this incarnation. Hell, Batman has been re-invented a dozen times, some better some worse but most to relate to the audiences of the time. Keaton and Nicholson were by no means the "original" Batman and Joker (though I was impressed by Keaton's work especially since he was cast so out of left field --- and Jack is just... well, Jack)

As campy as the '60s tv series was, Cesar Romero's Joker wasn't too bad either (or Frank Gorshin's Riddler or most of the other villains who were typically the higher ranked stars of the day).

I do prefer the darker more psychotic Batmen of which Miller provides us a pretty decent version of.
Old 2007-12-20, 02:39   Link #28
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I'm a little disappointed with the smile, but my god does he have the insanity of the Joker down. I know people love to compare, and I do see the similarities with the Nicholson version but I think it's an amazing take on a familiar character. Honestly I'd say this version has more in common with Timm's Joker if it wasn't for the obvious smile difference.

Some might say he looks like a hobo with bad makeup but personally I see a brilliant actor at work. The only thing I hope is that they don't kill him like they've done for every major villain in these superhero movies. Kinda hard to do sequels if you're killing all the bad guys off two-three at a time.
Old 2007-12-20, 04:10   Link #29
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Bah, I thought there's going to be a batplane? I was hearing about all thie filming frenzy in Hong Kong...yet I'm not seeing it in the trailer. =(
Old 2007-12-20, 08:43   Link #30
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
But you have to consider the type of Joker that Nicholson was.

This Joker is the Old School one, while Nicholson's Joker was of the New School.
You are right that they are different kind, however, the problem is that people will make the comparison between those 2. Just how you get people making comparison of Bale's Batman with previous ones.

So, when their movie comes up, prepare to see everywhere questions and polls about Who is the better joker.
Old 2007-12-20, 09:04   Link #31
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflection View Post
Bah, I thought there's going to be a batplane? I was hearing about all this filming frenzy in Hong Kong...yet I'm not seeing it in the trailer. =(
They spent one whole week filming the streets, and all I heard is that this is all going to last for only 5 minutes in the movie.

During lunch break on one of the filming days, I went to take a look near where I work, as I heard there were lots of people gathered at the shooting of one scene. I did catch a glimpse of Morgan Freeman walking up towards this escalator footbridge, and I guess that's about it.

During the weekend, they also shot a scene of Lucius Fox walking up into an office building lobby, at least I can go around and brag "Hey! That's where I work!"

(Users familiar with the East Asia entertainment scene may be interested to hear that Edison Chen has a minor cameo walking alongside Fox (Freeman). )

And if you see a scene of Batman jumping off this skyscraper, know that it's all CG created SFX. All it involves is Christian Bale's stunt-double donning the Batman costume and standing at the roof while the helicopter films him.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 10:39   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Why is the summer so far away? *sobs*
Old 2007-12-20, 14:36   Link #33
Rookie103

YES! I loved batman begins, one of my favourite films ever! I will definatly see this!
Rookie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 20:34   Link #34
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

I say we should bring back Adam west....he'd show this new joker a thing or too >.>

Ama is so Kawaii, But Sakura kinomoto will always be no1
Long live Kitto Kitto Kaede!
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 20:37   Link #35
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I'm interested in knowing if this series of Batman films will continue on after The Dark Knight. I hope they do because I can't be the only one anxious to see a Christopher Nolan rendition of the Riddler.

Last edited by Grimkill7; 2007-12-20 at 20:53.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 23:04   Link #36
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I think that the new director, producers, and cast of these new Batman movies are great. I think that Batman Begins is by far the best Batman movie. I see some people don't care too much for these new movies, or some actually gripe about it. So be it, they can certainly have their opinion as I certainly have my own. However, with these new Batman movies, a lot of people are impressed and give them acclaim and are happy with it, and I like that. I think the enthusiasm is well deserved and earned.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that a lot of people that like these new movies say that these movies are the closest to the comic book material (compared to other movies). I've heard some Batman fans say that. My friend brings that up sometimes when we talk about The Dark Knight.

I thought Batman Begins was great. I look forward to this movie. The Joker is badass in this movie, it seems. He is so deranged and sinister. And I am also surprised that Heath Ledger is doing a great job with the Joker. Although, I expected he would. After Batman Begins, I had faith in the directer and producers and that they picked Heath Ledger for good reasons. Also, someone said that Heath Ledger has big shoes to fill with Jack Nicholson. They even said that he couldn't fill those shoes.

Okay, first of all, Jack Nicholson is awesome. He is great. As this poster said (I'm paraphrasing), he is a movie legend. However, it doesn't mean his role of the Joker is representative of what should be the definitive portrayal and execution of the Joker. Jack made a really good Joker in Batman. He was a funny Joker, too. Really, Jack made that movie pretty cool, for the most part. I don't even really like Batman Returns all that much, nor Batman Forever, and never cared to watch Batman and Robin (just heard how bad it is time and again). I think Batman Begins is far better than those four Batman movies, hands down; especially the last three. But Tim Burton's first Batman movie is still pretty cool. Again, Jack helped make that movie pretty appealing. But Jack is not the ultimate portrayal of the Joker, many will argue. Many would say that a better and more accurate Joker could be done, and many are saying that this new portrayal of the Joker is the closest to the Joker of the comic books yet. With that, I also really like how dark and sinister he is.

Another way to look at this: don't try to compare the new "Nolan Joker" to the old "Burton Joker". At least, not too much. As someone said, look at the new Joker as a whole new portrayal of the Joker. This movie will release 21 years after Burton's 1987 Batman movie. It's been a while since the Joker was on the big screen again. Be happy he's back.

So yeah, I look forward to this new movie. I like the new people involved and the new cast and I like Christian Bale, in general, and really liked him in Batman Begins. I wonder what the plot will be and how the Joker antagonizes Batman throughout the movie, but hey, that is part of the reason I want to see it so badly.
Old 2007-12-20, 23:50   Link #37
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Ah the Joker. In my opinion one of the top 5 greatest villians of all time. And hell the Joker card looks cool.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 04:02   Link #38
ninjashoes

I too am really skeptical about this but I must say he seems to be a pretty good joker from teh previews.
Old 2007-12-21, 04:38   Link #39
kujoe
from head to heel

I just hope he won't be a "dark and brooding" Joker with a maniacal laugh every now and then. The Joker as he's shown in this trailer just seems kind of... serious.

That's one good laugh though. Really looking forward to this.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 10:28   Link #40
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I'm interested in knowing if this series of Batman films will continue on after The Dark Knight. I hope they do because I can't be the only one anxious to see a Christopher Nolan rendition of the Riddler.
After this one they are doing a third one titled " the Dark Knight Returns" which will be release around 2010 And the villains for that one will be of course Two Face and another which I still don't know.Probably Penguin, but who knows.

Tags
kemonomimi