AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 40 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 25.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-02, 23:38   Link #141
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Silver never put one up? I don't recall a seal being put up.
Yeah I don't think Fuzetsu existed at that time.

Also Serenade who is that in your Avatar. I keep thinking of Clovis from Code Geass, but those two weirdly colored hair thingys in front are making me doub it.
DeotoxSlayer is offline  
Old 2008-01-02, 23:40   Link #142
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Also Serenade who is that in your Avatar. I keep thinking of Clovis from Code Geass, but those two weirdly colored hair thingys in front are making me doub it.
It's, in Japanese naming order, Nougami Neuro from "Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro".
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2008-01-03, 10:53   Link #143
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's, in Japanese naming order, Nougami Neuro from "Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro".
Dam I was completly off the mark...but he does look kinda like Clovis from Code Geass
DeotoxSlayer is offline  
Old 2008-01-03, 19:43   Link #144
charizardpal
灼眼の
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Look up. I am hanging from your celing
They'll have to rewrite eps 1-10 in SnS the movie: 2

Finally, the filler seems to be over. And now we've got a wind-user; probably the first Tomogoro to look dangerous since that Friag-something. The episode ends with a feeling of, "Oh crap!" there's a really big problem--a revived feeling of crisis that has been lacking in most of the Sn II episodes (except 10, with the silver fuzetsu.)

I already like this character; its a good thing Pheles didn't smile when she appeared because if she had, it would have looked silly and ruined the mood. She looks like a female Sephiroh... Its cool how that tornado even sends Shana flying...I love how there are bits of earth flying in the tornado, and how dust obscures her form. Unlike most of the other villians, she doesn't have the ridicolous smile plastered on her face--instead she looks calm, while Yuuji alone can see her through the blinding dust without blinking (since he's in the eye of the storm). Its just the two of them together while everything rages outside. By the way, they all had great costumes in this episode, especially Yuuji in his uniform. I'm looking forward to him wearing that 3 star General-esque uniform from the OP--when he does he'll finally stop looking like a pansy/weak semi-average school-kid (average except for the harlem of girls around him) who was caught up in events beyond his control! That plus the fuzetsu, and who he'll become...finally we'll have what this show has needed from the start of SN1: a strong protagonist!

I also love how her presence comes out in real time, in a crowd, without a fuzetsu! Wonder if we'll have some Sunny-dale syndrome after this...

The whole appearance was just as cool as in the OP where she's flying around slashing at the water to create title waves. I can't wait to see some good element battles...

(Speculation follows):

K-something: Earth
Margery: Probably Void or Electricity (Of course there could be no element affiliation other than those ambiguous pink flames.)
Shana: Fire
Pheles: Wind

Since the crimson lords have western names, I'll assume we'll following Western tradition with the elements--can't wait to see if Johan has an element, and who will be stuck with Shana's opposite--water.
__________________

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline  
Old 2008-01-03, 19:57   Link #145
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
Finally, the filler seems to be over. And now we've got a wind-user; probably the first Tomogoro to look dangerous since that Friag-something. The episode ends with a feeling of, "Oh crap!" there's a really big problem--a revived feeling of crisis that has been lacking in most of the Sn II episodes (except 10, with the silver fuzetsu.)

I already like this character; its a good thing Pheles didn't smile when she appeared because if she had, it would have looked silly and ruined the mood. She looks like a female Sephiroh... Its cool how that tornado even sends Shana flying...I love how there are bits of earth flying in the tornado, and how dust obscures her form. Unlike most of the other villians, she doesn't have the ridicolous smile plastered on her face--instead she looks calm, while Yuuji alone can see her through the blinding dust without blinking (since he's in the eye of the storm). Its just the two of them together while everything rages outside. By the way, they all had great costumes in this episode, especially Yuuji in his uniform. I'm looking forward to him wearing that 3 star General-esque uniform from the OP--when he does he'll finally stop looking like a pansy/weak semi-average school-kid (average except for the harlem of girls around him) who was caught up in events beyond his control! That plus the fuzetsu, and who he'll become...finally we'll have what this show has needed from the start of SN1: a strong protagonist!

I also love how her presence comes out in real time, in a crowd, without a fuzetsu! Wonder if we'll have some Sunny-dale syndrome after this...

The whole appearance was just as cool as in the OP where she's flying around slashing at the water to create title waves. I can't wait to see some good element battles...

(Speculation follows):

K-something: Earth
Margery: Probably Void or Electricity (Of course there could be no element affiliation other than those ambiguous pink flames.)
Shana: Fire
Pheles: Wind

Since the crimson lords have western names, I'll assume we'll following Western tradition with the elements--can't wait to see if Johan has an element, and who will be stuck with Shana's opposite--water.
erm.....Johan wouldn't have an element he's a torch, and also the Crimson Lords names are based off Angels, and Demons, so the element affiliations don't have anything to do with western tradition.

Last edited by DeotoxSlayer; 2008-01-03 at 22:01.
DeotoxSlayer is offline  
Old 2008-01-03, 20:19   Link #146
charizardpal
灼眼の
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Look up. I am hanging from your celing
^Aren't Angels and Demons a western tradition? The names of several of the characters certainly aren't Japanese.

By the way, someone earlier on this trhead was comparing the fan-groups, and I'd like to comment that Ayako-YM did a MUCH better job of translating the lyrics to the OP and ending in non-ambigous terms.

*spoiler*

However, their translation is very ambigous on Yuuji's promise to Shana: they translated it as, "I promise: no matter what happens I will go ahead."

Eclipse translated it as: "Shana: "Swear one thing to me. That you'll make a choice and fight for it."
Yuuji: "I will. I swear to fight no matter what happens."

Eclipse was less ambiguous here, but since Ayako-YM did better on the OP/Ending, so I'm not sure which group is better. If you take away the fact that most of us are familar with Eclipse since they seem to translate half of the anime under the sun, I'm not past comparing their work with other groups.
__________________

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline  
Old 2008-01-03, 22:04   Link #147
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
^Aren't Angels and Demons a western tradition? The names of several of the characters certainly aren't Japanese.

By the way, someone earlier on this trhead was comparing the fan-groups, and I'd like to comment that Ayako-YM did a MUCH better job of translating the lyrics to the OP and ending in non-ambigous terms.

*spoiler*

However, their translation is very ambigous on Yuuji's promise to Shana: they translated it as, "I promise: no matter what happens I will go ahead."

Eclipse translated it as: "Shana: "Swear one thing to me. That you'll make a choice and fight for it."
Yuuji: "I will. I swear to fight no matter what happens."

Eclipse was less ambiguous here, but since Ayako-YM did better on the OP/Ending, so I'm not sure which group is better. If you take away the fact that most of us are familar with Eclipse since they seem to translate half of the anime under the sun, I'm not past comparing their work with other groups.
I prefer Ecilpse, and Static-Subs Despite the fact that their translation is ambigous I found myself liking their translation of the openining song better, some of the translated words that Ayako, and YM use seem not to even be in the song.

No Angels, and Demons aren't a western tradition they're actually european, and asian traditions. Aso the elements that are used are quite random, and they person who wrote SnS probably just added an element that would fit the main situation they're in because according to the Novels, and the first few episodes of Season 1 every Tomogora, and Flame Haze can use flames.
DeotoxSlayer is offline  
Old 2008-01-04, 03:33   Link #148
ch0c0b0fr34k
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Well, I'd first like to say that I came to watch this anime because I was hooked by the "surreal" fact. As such, I absolutely abhore school scenes that hardly have anything to do with what I see as the better half of the storyline...anyways, I thought this episode was pretty good after the mid-way point.

I'd say a 8/10...nah, 9/10 because the next episode will definitely be action-packed ^_^.
__________________
Signature removed by a Moderator because it was too big
ch0c0b0fr34k is offline  
Old 2008-01-04, 05:59   Link #149
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
The whole appearance was just as cool as in the OP where she's flying around slashing at the water to create title waves. I can't wait to see some good element battles...

(Speculation follows):

K-something: Earth
Margery: Probably Void or Electricity (Of course there could be no element affiliation other than those ambiguous pink flames.)
Shana: Fire
Pheles: Wind

Since the crimson lords have western names, I'll assume we'll following Western tradition with the elements--can't wait to see if Johan has an element, and who will be stuck with Shana's opposite--water.
Margery uses Fire as well, remember how Friagne was able to block all of her attacks with Azure?

Its my theory that all Flame Haze use either fire, or physical attacks (they are called Flame Haze after all). So far the only ones we've seen using anything other then that are the Tomogara.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2008-01-04, 11:12   Link #150
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Margery uses Fire as well, remember how Friagne was able to block all of her attacks with Azure?

Its my theory that all Flame Haze use either fire, or physical attacks (they are called Flame Haze after all). So far the only ones we've seen using anything other then that are the Tomogara.
She's right, and as I stated in my previous post anyone who can manipulate PoE can use flames if they learned how because it's just another form of PoE manipulation, but Tomogora, and Flame Haze choose on they're preferences.
DeotoxSlayer is offline  
Old 2008-01-04, 18:53   Link #151
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
No Angels, and Demons aren't a western tradition they're actually european, and asian traditions.
Europe is considered the western world, but yes Asia also has demons & angels as well.
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2008-01-05, 14:40   Link #152
Ratix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Speaking of



Whose the other girl? Mathilda?
Ratix is offline  
Old 2008-01-05, 15:35   Link #153
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: A place where you can't find me.
That's Mathilde.

Couldn't the writers make a Hougu that looks and acts like a fire extinguisher since a majority of Guze combat skills uses fire?
__________________
If you really have the guts to stand up and look at me eye to eye, I'll say I screwed you once and I'd screw you again!
DX HBK is offline  
Old 2008-01-05, 16:35   Link #154
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
They did that, actually. Remember Azure? It saved Yuji a couple of times already.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2008-01-05, 17:25   Link #155
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: A place where you can't find me.
Azure is mostly for defensive purposes in shielding the user from fire.

The fire extinguisher Hougu idea would be one that prevents a Flame Haze from using his or her own fire-based combat skills in battle.

Perhaps, for comical reasons, some random Tomogara used a fire extinguisher while battling Shana and as soon as she summons her flaming wings, the Tomogara blasts Shana with the fire extinguisher while she's in mid-air and Shana plummets like a bird that just got shot while flying in the sky.
__________________
If you really have the guts to stand up and look at me eye to eye, I'll say I screwed you once and I'd screw you again!
DX HBK is offline  
Old 2008-01-05, 21:25   Link #156
alvinkhorfire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
If that is the case, why don't they create Water Haze since water will win against fire/ flame? Just kidding, I think that we are a bit off topic at here.
__________________
alvinkhorfire is offline  
Old 2008-01-05, 21:46   Link #157
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
If that is the case, why don't they create Water Haze since water will win against fire/ flame? Just kidding, I think that we are a bit off topic at here.
But haze IS made out of water. That wouldn't make sense.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-01-05, 22:03   Link #158
alvinkhorfire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Sorry for my mistake here. Then, how you define Flame Haze, other than what is explaned in the Metaphysics Thread? Flame haze is something made out of water and flame?
__________________
alvinkhorfire is offline  
Old 2008-01-05, 22:09   Link #159
Robotnik
Not a member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Haze doesn't necessarily involve water. From the Wikipedia article:

Quote:
atmospheric phenomenon where dust, smoke and other dry particles obscure the clarity of the sky. The WMO manual of codes includes a classification of horizontal obscuration into categories of fog, ice fog, steam fog, mist, haze, smoke, volcanic ash, dust, sand and snow. [1]
IIRC, isn't the whole "crimson world" made up of/engulfed in "flames" of one sort or another?
Robotnik is offline  
Old 2008-01-07, 00:46   Link #160
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
btw. when is the next episode airing? I'm having withdrawls
HayashiTakara is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.