AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-10, 17:14   Link #181
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
Can anyone tell me if ferris and ryner become a couple in the novels that are ongoing or at least like each other in the romantic sense?
Your question won't be answered in this thread, because novel spoilers are a no no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Wait, I'm a bit confused, so the events in episode 1 should be sometime in the future after episode 2, right? And the story continues from episode 2?
Second episode starts a backstory, where we'll learn more about the main cast. I'm sure once it's ended, we'll be back to the present timeline which was shown in the first episode, though i could be wrong. I haven't read the novels, so i'm just going off what i believe is the path this show will take.
Old 2010-07-10, 17:34   Link #182
yuiichi9

So can someone post the link of the thread that talk about the novel to read spoiler of the novels? If there is no such thing then can someone pm with the answer to my question. Thanks in advance.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 18:25   Link #183
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
So can someone post the link of the thread that talk about the novel to read spoiler of the novels? If there is no such thing then can someone pm with the answer to my question. Thanks in advance.
Jeez, dude. If you're that concerned, just watch the show and find out yourself when everyone else does. And if they don't resolve it at the end of the series, then you can ask around. What's the point of watching anything if you're so bent on knowing the ending before it's even really started?
Old 2010-07-10, 18:31   Link #184
yuiichi9

Because obviously this series is not going to cover all of the 11 novels that contains the prequel plus the novels that are ongoing.
Old 2010-07-10, 18:34   Link #185
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
You're going to have to find someone. A quick search yielded nothing for me. The manga forums doesn't have a lot of light novel-related discussion anyhow.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 18:57   Link #186
yuiichi9

Yeah, I searched and didn't find anything. On a side note OceanBlue from which manga is your sig? It looks cute.
Old 2010-07-10, 19:11   Link #187
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Because obviously this series is not going to cover all of the 11 novels that contains the prequel plus the novels that are ongoing.
That doesn't mean that your question won't be answered by the end of the series...
Old 2010-07-10, 19:44   Link #188
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Zexcs is bad for not completing. i m guessing they only plan to do 5 or 6 volume with this season. with Rental magica they only did about 5 volume worth of material.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:42   Link #189
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

Quote:
I'm sure wiki or something similar might have the info you want but whatever you find don't post it here until it applies.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 23:23   Link #190
klare

i always like fantasy show, but this one i somehow fell asleep while watching it

the scenes seem to jump a lot, will check out eps 2 before deciding
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 01:15   Link #191
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

Watched epi 2, I like any girl who acts enemies with Dango sticks Decent back story on both Sion and Ryner. The dog in the box....wasnt expecting that.

Also its not listed on ANN but can someone tell me who was voicing Roll?
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 01:31   Link #192
ninja_pintu

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if ferris and ryner become a couple in the novels that are ongoing or at least like each other in the romantic sense?
Check Japanese wiki. There is a lot of info on characters there, so you might find your answer too.
Old 2010-07-11, 12:23   Link #193
satomianzaki

i think this will be like regios to me...am sticking with the series till the end...ryner and ferris reminds me of luke and nina in terms of maybe appearance...but yeah, with totally different personalities...

am really wanting to watch the next episode...but the waiting...
ah...mendokusai...

Last edited by satomianzaki; 2010-07-11 at 12:24. Reason: ...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 23:03   Link #194
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, Got a two for one deal, got to see episodes 1 and 2 back to back, This series is great so far, Ryner's Alpha stigma ability seems pretty cool, I also like design of it. They seem to have taking the "Lodoss War" approach, and placed an action packed episode from the middle, at the beginning and then started properly going forward with episode 2. Eris's liking for Dango takes care of the middle man of actually cash I suppose, I rather like her, I tend to like the sword swinging ladies.
Old 2010-07-12, 01:22   Link #195
Ansalem
Speaker

I'm definitely taking a liking to this show. The first episode was an interesting enough opener, but this back story feels a lot more compelling.

I'm also in agreement with White Manju Bun on the awesomeness of the dumpling stick fighting in the back alley.
Old 2010-07-12, 04:31   Link #196
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Watched epi 2, I like any girl who acts enemies with Dango sticks Decent back story on both Sion and Ryner. The dog in the box....wasnt expecting that.

Also its not listed on ANN but can someone tell me who was voicing Roll?
Dog in the box was evil. I hope Sion made sure those guys died painfully and slowly...

According to the Funimation credits for episode 2, there's a "Loel", portrayed by Daichi Kanbara. Chances that there would be a "Loel" and a "Roll" in the same series are nil, considering the pronunciation would be exactly the same in Japanese, so that must the the Funimation romanization. According to ANN, he's only done extras parts in CLANNAD!, K-ON!, and White Album (and now a minor part in LoLH).

I didn't even see any mention of the character on the JP wiki, so his longevity doesn't look good...
Old 2010-07-12, 12:21   Link #197
Preacher

Ep 2.

Wow, and i had thoughs of droping this show...

How the hell in two episodes it turned from Slayers clone to Break Blade?
Old 2010-07-12, 21:10   Link #198
Yuskie

Light Novel

Heyhey..loved the series

Has anyone here read the light novels? if so where did you read it?
Are there any english translations sold on the net?

Thanks in advance!
Yuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 23:06   Link #199
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Wow, Got a two for one deal, got to see episodes 1 and 2 back to back, This series is great so far, Ryner's Alpha stigma ability seems pretty cool, I also like design of it. They seem to have taking the "Lodoss War" approach, and placed an action packed episode from the middle, at the beginning and then started properly going forward with episode 2. Eris's liking for Dango takes care of the middle man of actually cash I suppose, I rather like her, I tend to like the sword swinging ladies.

So, his pentacle-sharingan allows him to analyze and copy any spell he sees?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 23:58   Link #200
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I'm sure wiki or something similar might have the info you want but whatever you find don't post it here until it applies.
All he has to do is check the Japanese wiki. Put the desription of Ferris through an online translator, and it can be pieced all together. However, I have to warn anyone that what's written under Ferris (or for anyone for that matter) is pretty extensive, and totally spolier-ish that it's best just to see how the show goes.

As for the story itself, one thing I don't understand is how the Alpha Stigma can be considered as this terrible taboo that anyone possessing it should be shunned across the kingdoms.

A monster, they say? When you think about what it can do, anyone having it would've been given special treatment considering the setting of the story places great importance in the use of magic. Kings for instance, would be making sure to have these guys around in their side of the battlefield, and these guys would've been a special case in some magic academy. They could greatly aid the use and development of their art, and further the discovery and study of relics... and yet, the anime portrays an Alpha Stigma bearer as this shameful person to be shunned by everyone.

I hope the story will give a concrete reason as to why there's such a prejudice besides putting up the possiblity of Alpha Stigma bearers losing control as the main reason, because that reason is weak when a bearer can actually maintain control. Is it really as simple as Ryner being different, ala mutants in the X-men or something?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen