AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-10, 01:21   Link #941
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

Could someone translate the character discussions from the official poll results?
http://www.denyuden.jp/vote/index.html
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 01:51   Link #942
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 15 was great, mostly lighthearted, with lots humor, where Ryner was conserned, especially Milk chasing him with her lightning spells, had me laughing quite loudly.
Old 2010-10-10, 02:30   Link #943
Used Can

Hmm... did they just skip Ferris' backstory?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 2010-10-10, 05:24   Link #944
tsunade666

Ferros back story? what do you mean usedcan?

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 06:48   Link #945
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Ryner and Shion's bromance... lol. This episode shows off why he kicked off Ryner, Ferris, and Milk. Ryner and Ferris are the only people he can unwind with.

Even though Claugh seems to be a good friend and loyal subordinate, it seems Shion's relationship with him is not on the same level as it is with Ryner, Ferris, and a few others.

How did Shion come to know Milk? Need some history there. Seems like she may be close to him, too. She's very casual around people that outrank her.

Ferris' sense of humor worked in this episode. She takes advantage of Milk's gullibility.

Ferris' backstory... it's coming. I don't see how they can finish the season without it. We still don't know an ounce about her brother. We just know he's very powerful.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 07:03   Link #946
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Ferros back story? what do you mean usedcan?
The first thing we get in volume 6 was Ferris' back-story. The anime has already animated half of volume 6, yet that part was left out. Which surprises me, considering Ferris is a MC along with Ryner. Back-stories such as hers are always very important to understand a character.
Old 2010-10-10, 07:29   Link #947
iceyfw

wow. just wow. this one definitely flew under my radar for quite some time. i have not pulled an all nighter watching anime since... uh... both seasons of code geass in two nights. i am definitely looking forward to another season once this ends (hoping they don't do some random BS original ending by the time this one ends). it is too bad we do not see too many anime adaptions with a good plot and subplots (which i am liking) that go smooth like this. i know they blew up on some details during the arc adaptions but that is to be expected for anime adaptions.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 07:50   Link #948
tsunade666

if they leave a back story which is the root of the current character.... I don't know anymore. I only watched densetsu because it's about magic and fantasy and that's my favorite genre but the anime just doesn't justify me that much. Maybe because they are in a tight spot which cramming 11 volumes into 26 episode but really most of the time I don't understand what's happening.

I'm just laughing when ferris is telling story about ryner beign a sex fiend.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 07:58   Link #949
Used Can

Well, larethian happened to translate that part of the volume just before EP15 of the anime aired - amazing timing on his part. So, if you want to read Ferris' back-story, you can check it out at Baka-Tsuki.
Old 2010-10-10, 07:59   Link #950
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Her back story will definitely come. It can be fitted into the next episode easily. Ryner's kid story was also reordered into his fight with sui, remember?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 08:01   Link #951
Used Can

I guess that's true. Perhaps, they were waiting for a better timing?
Old 2010-10-10, 08:11   Link #952
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
actually including side stories there are 33 novels out. Remember this is one of the longest running novels in recent years and its still going.Can you believe that the first 22novels(11 of them side stories and the other 11 focused on the plot) which is most likely what the anime will try to cover and it was only the prequel to the main story.
i know this is a really old quote im quoting but is that really true? so what we are seeing in the anime is only the prequel and it is barely scratching the surface of the plot?

edit: read wikipedia and he is right. now i am really hoping there is a second season!
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 09:53   Link #953
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I guess that's true. Perhaps, they were waiting for a better timing?
I can see it inserted somewhere around the scene when Ryner is talking to the butler. That seems like a good place.

And next episode is labelled as 15.5 at the official site, and seems like a total recap episode. Gosh, even this week's web radio is a recap episode.
Old 2010-10-10, 10:12   Link #954
ninja_pintu

Well considering that they have already covered half the series till now, I think that they will be able to cover all the volumes of the show, unless the later volumes are longer(are they?).

Also, does anyone know how the ratings are of this show in Japan?
Old 2010-10-10, 10:26   Link #955
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
Could someone translate the character discussions from the official poll results?
http://www.denyuden.jp/vote/index.html
It's troublesome to translate everything exactly, and I just glanced through it. So just briefly.

Ryner is talking nonsense about sleeping for the most part. He is saying that he has really worked hard and him being no. 1 is within his expectations. You see, because he really needed the sleep, 32 hours at least each day, and yet in the middle of the night he has to appear on TV. So he has really worked hard. And some more rants on sleep, and thanks to audience for voting for him. Good night.

Ferris is stepping on Ryner's face. Ryner says she looks happy. Yeah, she said, being no. 1 is something to be happy about. Huh, you are no. 2? Didn't you hear the news? No. 1's head was lopped off and he's dead, so she has risen up the ranks to no. 1. Pitiful Ryner, in spite of getting no. 1, you lost your head. No! Why are you drawing your sword?

Sion says so he has gone to no. 2 thanks to Ryner dying. (Ryner and Ferris are making some noise) Sion ignoring, then said dead people shoud stay quiet. (more noisy stuff). Sion says shut up!

Luke just said something polite, and that he didn't expect to get no. 4 and didn't prepare for his speech. And ended saying he will continue to be embroiled in many more things with Commander Milk, and please support them.

Froaude acts humble and says thanks.

Noa says it's an honor, thanks, and please continue to support her.

Iris is excited that Lucile getting no. 7 and Lucile has nothing much to say.

Kiefer thanks for support and says she will continue to work hard.

Lear says its bad both him and Luke are in the rankings while Milk is not. And next time they will execute a plan to prepare a million votes for her. After they went off with Milk to eat ice-cream. Lear thanks audience.

Claugh says he got 10. Noa says that's a good rank! Claugh huh? Noa in my heart you are no. 1. Froaude butts in and says 10 is good. Claugh says are you picking a fight? Froaude says no, since he already got no. 5. Claugh says as I thought you are here to pick a fight. Haha. I'm going to kill you. Fufufu (laughs)

Some thank you message at the bottom for voting and stuff along those lines. Please look forward to next time.
Old 2010-10-10, 10:40   Link #956
klare

eps 15 is like a comedy eps, but where are the Ferris abusing Ryner scenes?

some fan service there at the end from the Roland Pretty Boys, tho not my cup of tea

poor Milk, she is too simple-minded
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 06:40   Link #957
ZoboCamel

Somehow, I feel I'd enjoy this series a lot more if Ferris wasn't in it. I'm looking forward to her backstory, but so far it seems like it's been 15 episodes-worth of her doing nothing in particular.

I suppose I'm irritated, since I like all of the other characters and yet Ferris generally happens to take up half the screentime just with the same two jokes that've revolved around her from episode one (calling Ryner a sex fiend and liking dango, if those weren't obvious enough). Am I the only one thinking this or do most people like her as a character?

On the other hand, the storyline with Sion continues to be epic, and Milk's team continues to be amusing but not really do anything. I haven't read the light novels, so I'm not sure, but I'm hoping that Kiefer makes a return soon. I like her character, and I'm hoping to soon get some more of her story (apart from brief flashes for exposition, that is).
ZoboCamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 11:04   Link #958
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoboCamel View Post
Somehow, I feel I'd enjoy this series a lot more if Ferris wasn't in it. I'm looking forward to her backstory, but so far it seems like it's been 15 episodes-worth of her doing nothing in particular.

I suppose I'm irritated, since I like all of the other characters and yet Ferris generally happens to take up half the screentime just with the same two jokes that've revolved around her from episode one (calling Ryner a sex fiend and liking dango, if those weren't obvious enough). Am I the only one thinking this or do most people like her as a character?

On the other hand, the storyline with Sion continues to be epic, and Milk's team continues to be amusing but not really do anything. I haven't read the light novels, so I'm not sure, but I'm hoping that Kiefer makes a return soon. I like her character, and I'm hoping to soon get some more of her story (apart from brief flashes for exposition, that is).
Ferris is not really that bad in the novels, and her antics improved over time making it really hilarious at times. And the anime did cut off some real good funny scenes. And the way she behaves is not to make us laugh. You want to know why? Check the light novel forum for my discussion on Ferris:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...36#post3292736
Old 2010-10-11, 11:14   Link #959
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Without backstory Ferris is nothing great she is kind of empty shell of character in the anime with the same two jokes that are going over and over and over and over and OVER again. Dango and sex fiend its fun at first but eventually feels worn-out and makes one want to puke.

They really need to put some flesh in her background because she feels like the weakest character out there who only has good looks, sword-skills and two repetitive retarded jokes to support her. It would be fine for a side character but for a main thats pretty weak.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 18:37   Link #960
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

very funny episode, liked it a lot, i would like to see a ferris back story episode
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen