AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-14, 14:46   Link #1181
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I believe this will be only be available for a limited amount of time:
http://www.denyuden.jp/secret_contents/index.html
It says it needs a username and password so does anyone either know what those are or what's on the page itself?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 15:20   Link #1182
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

you can actually get a username/password by registering here:
http://www.denyuden.jp/mailmagazine/index.html
using the email box and not the QR code, since that's for japan mobiles only. I believe it's common anyway.

user: denyuden
password:t002zD
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 15:45   Link #1183
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Ahhhh, thanks. And for those wondering the page has some special wallpapers on it but that's it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 16:23   Link #1184
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Luke probably knows the other guy is in the grass, so he's going to "attack" Ryner with a wink and his blast is going off in another, very specific location.

My guess. Luke saved Milk. He sends Milk off to get Ferris and tell her where he is. From the preview... someone had to tell Ferris where Ryner went. Tiir sure has the worst secret base EVER!

Riphal and Gastark look like the good guys but its probably all a facade. They're have all the markings of fanatical members of a death cult or something. They're probably collecting those jewels from alpha stigma bearers to power a magical nuke. Riphal is marked for an evil, delusional cackle in the following episodes.
Yep, I had the same exact thoughts as you after watching this episode.

Luke is likely well aware that Lir is there hiding and will attack so he reveals himself. It looks like Ryner will go berserk and Ferris will arrive, hopefully in time before something truly unfortunate happens. I also agree that Luke agreed to cooperate with Milan to free Milk, who in turn, informed Ferris about Ryner's location.

When Gastark was initially revealed, I had a feeling they were the bad guys. Then I believed their king, Riphal, was a noble leader like Sion who had to do unpleasant deeds to guarantee his nation's survival. However, seeing their eye collection and that they indiscriminately hunt down even children to obtain the crystallized fragments reinforced my original opinion.

There are three ladies who have feelings for Ryner: Kiefer, Milk and Ferris. I hope none of them meet a tragic ending but considering the dark nature of this tale, it wouldn't be surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
Think I hopped onto the bandwagon a little late here, but have felt rather bemused at the lack of bloggers doing this series.
LoLH was the one series I looked forward to the most this season and was disappointed when no sub group picked it up. After a few weeks, someone volunteered to translate the RAWs and others helped clean it up a bit. I'm sure I speak for everyone here that I'm very happy and thankful to Derp for supporting this amazing series. I don't purchase many shows, but I'm certainly buying the Blu-ray volumes when they are released.
Old 2010-11-14, 16:52   Link #1185
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so is it known yet why Gastark is collecting the crystallized alpha stigmas, or is just for power?
Old 2010-11-14, 17:48   Link #1186
Mairsile

Basically, they want to use the powers within the crystallized gems along with the heroic weapons to make other nations fall under their rule, either by force or intimidation. At least, that's my grasp on the reason behind their methods.
Old 2010-11-14, 17:49   Link #1187
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

ah, that would make sense, they had a pretty big stash of them, wonder if Kiefer knew what she was really looking at
Old 2010-11-14, 17:58   Link #1188
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

anybody have list of heroic weapons?
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 19:39   Link #1189
Mairsile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
ah, that would make sense, they had a pretty big stash of them, wonder if Kiefer knew what she was really looking at
She may not know exactly, but she seemed really intrigued that Gastark was hording them. I imagine their brilliance alone did not spark her curiosity. But I feel she is in danger, especially now that the King is aware of Kiefer's relationship with Ryner and will treat her as a captive or worse.
Old 2010-11-14, 22:04   Link #1190
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Those f*cking pansies from Gastark are back. I can't believe what they did those kids, those pansies need to get killed by Ryner and Tiir ASAP. It seems like things have also gotten complicated for Kiefer in pansy land now that they know she knows Ryner.

Next episode seems like a good one we will get some Ryner Vs. Luke, Ferris will be catching up and hopefully we will see Ryner going berserk and kill that fairy with the pink hair.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:17   Link #1191
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ "f*cking pansies" indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
But I feel she is in danger, especially now that the King is aware of Kiefer's relationship with Ryner and will treat her as a captive or worse.
Spoiler for nonserious:
Old 2010-11-15, 04:37   Link #1192
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
anybody have list of heroic weapons?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...36#post3346836
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 14:35   Link #1193
SkoolRumble4Ya

Damn the pink family wish Ryner owns the shit out of them.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 04:18   Link #1194
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler for ep 19:
There were illustrations of her in the toriaezu series, which had quite a few short stories covering Ryner's past.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 15:24   Link #1195
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ep 19:
For some reason i think with all the research Kiefer has been doing sooner rather than later she is going to figure out what those crystals are. I didnt really have a problem with Garstak before but now after seeing exactly what they have been doing from wiping out innocents who have seen them collecting hero's relics to slaughtering children for their Gods Eyes im having a hard time identifying with why i should even remotely support what they are doing. OP's and ED's can be deceiving and even though we see Kiefer with Garstak we know that she is there because she has access to information there. Ferris with a new outfit and going after Ryner was a nice character change. Her personality has been developing for sometime and she is learning more and more about her own emotions. I guess a change in wardrobe would suit her somewhat new personality but without sacrificing the old abusive Ferris. Ferris reminds of that little girl in grade school you always pick on because you liked her well here its the opposite. Ferris shows her affection by almost killing you with her sword and beating you lmao.

I really do feel for Ryner at this point no matter where he goes betrayal, sadness and someone always looking to kill him. Sion is now truly and utterly alone which might actually bring more harm than good. He even mention himself because of actions (which were needed as king) he is now a lone.
Old 2010-11-17, 13:33   Link #1196
klare

this is a bit complicated, the monsters feed on humans, the humans hunt the monsters, not sure i will pity Tiir tho

the king of Gastark mentioned he wants to bring peace and even willing to sacrifice, but hunting on children is a bit too much, unless he does not know where those crystal/diamond came from

and glad to see the normal art and animation style is back
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 14:00   Link #1197
giorno

No, they're just perfectly aware of what kind of crapsack world they live in and are willing to go to such extreme lengths to "save" the world...pretty much 95% of the cast in this series is made up of anti-heroes, some are just willing to go into complete monster territory for what they believe is the greater good...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 15:23   Link #1198
Seihai
オンリーマイ曙v( ̄Д ̄)v

Send a message via Skype™ to Seihai
Add a certain vector manipulator to the anime and the title would be The Legend of The Legendary Anti Heroes.
If I remember correctly, they actually called it a story of anti heroes in one of the PVs. So yeah, it's pretty unique to say the least.
Old 2010-11-18, 13:15   Link #1199
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Ahh...That touches on a very sensitive topic - Whether the ends justify the means. It is often considered that using force or war to bring peace is extremely contradictory and even hypocritical, but perhaps the only way that has been 'forced' upon kings such as Riphal and Sion who want to change the world for the better.
The question a person must ask himself when deliberating this is "so what better way do i have?".

Some people i know, will steadfastly say its bad but come up empty when they have to solve hypotheical situations similar to this. The sentence "Talk is cheap, empty talk is cheaper." would identify with this group.

The biggest problem i would say is that it takes two hands to clap.

Take the situation with the eye bearers. Even if the normal humans want to make peace, the eye bearers must sincerely agree as well and both sides must be able to understand that isolated attacks by the other group against each group do not represent the majority.

Added to entrenched history, any attempt at a win-win solution would probably only have a sliver of possibility happening and leaders of both groups would be fighting the perceptions of their own groups as well.

From the point of view of the gastark king, given the probabilities, going the way of brutality (possibly wth the thinking that it is for the short term) is the fastest solution.

Similar problems would also exist nation to nation thus again the fastest solution (and possibly least people dead) would be to force the change though conquest, given that each nation seems to fight each other a lot of time.

The numbers could support this but only if the country manages to hold together for several generations (the number of generations required corresponding to a projected death toll from war based off average number of deaths from historical wars)
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 13:58   Link #1200
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for EP 20:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen