AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-03, 01:18   Link #1301
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
omfg!
Spoiler for ep 22:
大失敗だな!Zexcsめ!As well as whoever is the director and script writer... すげぇぇぇむかつく…!
Spoiler:


私もちょっとムカついたかな。期待していたのに。おrz けど最終回だけは・・・・がんばってほしいな、Z excs.

I'm glad you translated the section, lare. Or else the anime viewers would never know the difference.o_O
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 02:52   Link #1302
Anastasia
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I don't really like to nitpick since it's really a bother, but since you've asked...

Spoiler for reply:


Spoiler for ep 22 Lieral vs Ferris done wrong:


Spoiler for ep 22 meeting with Alpha & Ilna, and the (Door/Gate) scene done wrong:
Spoiler for Episode 22:
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 14:18   Link #1303
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Damn this is getting really weird. They're throwing up new plot elements like crazy and I'm barely able to register them all.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 15:15   Link #1304
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Spoiler for Episode 22:
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:14   Link #1305
Andrelol
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 28
This last episode was a FMA rip-off.
__________________
Andrelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:25   Link #1306
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Ep 22 was WTF seriously ..

- Sion spit "yellow blood"... so he went to a place where he can meet his 2nd personality to make a choice..

- Wth happened in "Ryner's world" , the "thing" kinda reminds me "Angel" in Evangelion ... then Ryner's mom show herself then got eaten... , what's the "Door"...

- What kind of experiment is it ?.. the "guy" had a little cute girl voice...

I kinda feels that it's rushed...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:29   Link #1307
Andrelol
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ep 22 was WTF seriously ..

- Sion spit "yellow blood"...
He's on drugs, I belive.

That ninja shaolin guy is a drug dealer.
__________________
Andrelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:32   Link #1308
Cyz
"Show it to me"
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In solitude, where we are least alone
This is probably the first time I've seen Ferris blush. She looks cute when she does. Well, I guess she wasn't expecting that Ryner would be next to her....in bed. Aw, how innocent.
__________________
~~ Project Cyz ~~
"There is no spoon"
~~~~~
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:35   Link #1309
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Spoiler for my take on ep 22:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:44   Link #1310
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
-Tifa is going to marathon all the way to Roland?

-Those two should have been stripped nakked for the extra LOL.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 18:48   Link #1311
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
I love episode 22. It had so much emotion in it with Ferris and what appears to be Ryner's mother. The plot really has thicken, although the pace was a little fast.

I love this story. There are parts where I am a little confused, like why his mother was in this conscious, and why did she need to be devoured? It would have been nice if they explained things a little clearer. However, this episode at least made a lot more sense than the last one.
__________________
thundrakkon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 19:18   Link #1312
iceyfw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 25
i honestly can't see them ending this with the way everything has been developed in the last few episodes. we'll have to see what they do with the last two episodes because that is usually the breaking point of raping the plot to ensure another adaption won't happen. heck, i'm up for them to continue it in movies like the Break Blade anime adaption is currently being handled.

also larethian, thanks for translating the chapter episode 22 was adapted from. it made so much more sense. i can only guess ryner's father will fill in the blanks on how everthing came to be in the next two or three episodes.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 20:46   Link #1313
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
-Tifa is going to marathon all the way to Roland?
There's a joke in the chinese fandom, that by the time Kiefer gets to Roland by foot, the sequel will have an anime adaptation. XD


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 22:
Spoiler:



Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for my take on ep 22:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Defade; 2010-12-03 at 21:07.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:56   Link #1314
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Damn this is getting really weird. They're throwing up new plot elements like crazy and I'm barely able to register them all.
that's why this is the set-up for the story in the sequel. though having read some of the short stories in LOLH Anyway, I think they should made this longer and included some LOLH Anyway stories to set-up the stage. When I first read LOLH, there are also tons of things I don't comprehend completley which are explained in the short stories.

oh yeah, they also missed out the talisman on Ferris's sword after she woke up, which she believed was from the Dango God , when it was actually something from Lieral.


Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ep 22 was WTF seriously ..

- Sion spit "yellow blood"... so he went to a place where he can meet his 2nd personality to make a choice..

- Wth happened in "Ryner's world" , the "thing" kinda reminds me "Angel" in Evangelion ... then Ryner's mom show herself then got eaten... , what's the "Door"...

- What kind of experiment is it ?.. the "guy" had a little cute girl voice...

I kinda feels that it's rushed...
indeed it was rushed. but did you read my post above? the "door", for now, serves to show Ryner some history of this world. unfortunately because of the presentation in the anime, it's insufficient information to put together who the warrior was. but in the novel, you would have been able to make some associations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for my take on ep 22:
interestingly, all your questions are good questions and will be mostly answered in the sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I love episode 22. It had so much emotion in it with Ferris and what appears to be Ryner's mother. The plot really has thicken, although the pace was a little fast.

I love this story. There are parts where I am a little confused, like why his mother was in this conscious, and why did she need to be devoured? It would have been nice if they explained things a little clearer. However, this episode at least made a lot more sense than the last one.
the emotion is nothing compared to the novel. it's not so much as in she needs to be devoured; but rather the beast wants to devour Ryner, but it was stopped and restrained by Artofaal's curse which the mother carried (the stab from Lieral did the implant, a quick surgery lol). so the beast in order to break free and chase after Ryner, needed to eat up the mother. in this novel this didn't happen instantly, she was eaten little by little.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
i honestly can't see them ending this with the way everything has been developed in the last few episodes. we'll have to see what they do with the last two episodes because that is usually the breaking point of raping the plot to ensure another adaption won't happen. heck, i'm up for them to continue it in movies like the Break Blade anime adaption is currently being handled.

also larethian, thanks for translating the chapter episode 22 was adapted from. it made so much more sense. i can only guess ryner's father will fill in the blanks on how everthing came to be in the next two or three episodes.
we shall wait and see and pray, though I still would like them to do some short stories, at least in OVA form or something. you're welcome, but just a small correction, what I translated was only a third of the episode.

Last edited by larethian; 2010-12-03 at 23:13.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 00:39   Link #1315
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Episode 22 was awesome.
Spoiler:


Speaking of which, I felt there were some parts where they did the transition of scenes pretty well, like when the 'thing' slashed down at Ryner, and it changed to a scene of carnage.

The preview has me all melancholic too, and probably as the title suggests Ryner (and Ferris) is (are) going to leave for good.



Thanks for the information, larethian. Seems like there's only so much the anime can show, though it's already pretty good IMO.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 02:47   Link #1316
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Defade has translated Sion Note 1 at Baka-Tsuki. I'm announcing it here since these "notes" came out together with the BD anime releases. It will shed some light on the background.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 06:17   Link #1317
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post


indeed it was rushed. but did you read my post above? the "door", for now, serves to show Ryner some history of this world. unfortunately because of the presentation in the anime, it's insufficient information to put together who the warrior was. but in the novel, you would have been able to make some associations.

Yes i read it but not all . Now i re-read it all and thanks , it makes more sense than the anime.... seriously , was it so hard to adapt this...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 06:25   Link #1318
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
I think they focused too much on Sion's part which cut off a lot of Ferris vs. Ryner's dad part. It was so weird watching the fight end so quickly compare to the chapter 5 of the novel.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 07:28   Link #1319
Anastasia
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I think they focused too much on Sion's part which cut off a lot of Ferris vs. Ryner's dad part. It was so weird watching the fight end so quickly compare to the chapter 5 of the novel.
Yes, the fight between Lieral vs Lucile and Ferris, doesn't give impression that Lieral is an extraordinary magician (which actually his strong point), but only strong fighter (like Gastark siblings). But at the very least, I think many people like his 20s appearance rather than 40s like in the novel.
Anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 07:38   Link #1320
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I agree on the general motion that the episode felt rushed, but seriously, we all should have known that the final episodes would end up being rushed based on the fact they were attempting to adapt 11 volumes of a LN in a 24 episode anime. Hell, if we were to give each volume 3 episodes (and that's rather low for some volumes), then we'd end up with 33 episodes. So, the current issues should come as no surprise.

I think they should have planned this out a lot better, but well, I can also guess it's also rather complicated nowdays when you don't know whether something is going to be successful or not. So, breaking away from the usual 25 episode format may be rather risky, especially when Denyūden is not THAT popular as a LN. Still, that doesn't change the fact they could have done a much better job.

Anyway, I also agree that, despite the need for this to be rushed, some scenes could have been delivered a lot better - especially Ferris vs Lieral and the scene with Ryner and the woman within his head. Alpha's design also came as a big WTF, since it didn't really resemble the appearance that was described in the LN.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.