AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2008-09-05, 09:57   Link #321
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Computer's playing up tonight, I'll try 8-1 tomorrow.

@Eternal: You asked about what kind of move lists characters should be having. Well here's what mine have as of the start of 8-1.

Spoiler for moves:
Old 2008-09-05, 10:03   Link #322
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

the 5% for katima and Zetsu "should" be Iron Maiden, a Setup skill that deal damage as a interrupt skill when the enemy support unit casts anything non S skill.

Reverse effects are actually the "opposite" of C: the defender gains HP, calculated in % (depending of the skill, pretty much like the damage effect % of C) from the damage they will take, but they heal BEFORE they receive damage, which can somewhat prevent premature death (in some cases, it can be a stalemate. See Evolia's R skills).

As far as It seems, aside of Nozomu final defense skill in normal mode, R defense skills are not really worth the trouble in normal mode.

One note: soon enough, you WILL need Naya's flame shower (750F all enemies) as she will have combat mana boost, which will permits quick and clean AOE, unlike Jatzieta who never got such boost (as result, for the same number of turns, you can casts 2 flame shower with naya while jatzietah get one star zapper).
Nozomi doesn't exactly need the 1220 defense skill, but that will be a SS skill you will take as the rest isn't exactly fancy.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 16:27   Link #323
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

R defence are really crap. They heal very little and the cost of it just too steep to use it. BTW. you can bypass the R defence from healing, by using a green attack skill with penetration. Like Nozomi's buster typhoon.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 20:09   Link #324
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

I spoke with cranston and he thinks based on my current movesets, that I can't AR anyone in 8-1. Once he showed me what Euphie is able to get in terms of attacks as well as some of the other characters, I realised I'm going to get carved up if I dare AR this mission, since I'm doing it from scratch.
Old 2008-09-05, 20:15   Link #325
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Honestly, I don't see any problem in using Nozomu, Euphie or even Zetsu as AR in 8-1 (you have a standard move sets with them).
I did these and I never got any issue except perhaps zetsu and euphie who had to make some break at a town a few times (especially zetsu, but as a trade off, he can chain a lot of minions with FV).

But seriously, I don't see any problem with AR in this mission, the issue will be the balance of the rest, as even if you use nozomu, euphie and zetsu spread in normal teams, it would still be a headache for the defenders etc.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 02:44   Link #326
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Even with a lvl 15 Nozomi her defence skill is more than enough to block attacks from blue and green spirits. If her lvl is on par with the enemies spirit her material defence skill is about double of it. Healing skills aren't effected by lvls. Only with it might effect is her attack, but her attack was weak to be start with
Old 2008-09-07, 19:16   Link #327
Le Anh

Talking about moves, anyone can tell me how the support skill 200M 5%F of Katima works? ><' (the one that she summon her Shinjuu, named "Di, ban"something). Sometimes it deals damage, sometimes it doesn't, on the same enemy (the first and only time I saw it dealt dmg on so far is when I fought that management god Edega last night).
Le Anh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 05:30   Link #328
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

I guess you mean divine impact I. It damage the enemy supporter, so if there is no supporter it won't trigger and if the defender has a strong enough defence whole party skill "味全" it won't damage at all, because the supporter will defend it. Beside that this skill deal partly percentual damage, so lesser HP means lesser damage.
Old 2008-09-08, 07:23   Link #329
Le Anh

It's the "ディバインインパクト" skill. Up to now, I thought it didn't deal any damage because I was playing normal mode so enemy supporter has low hp (therefore it deal less dmg), but yesterday when I fought Edega (he didn't change his defense skill) it went like: first time - 0 dmg, second time - 900 dmg, then 0 and some damage occasionally. That's why I'm kinda curious how it works ><' So it's just like normal support dmg skill? Then why was there the difference between dmg on the same enemy?

Thx in advance btw not knowing Japanese sux for understanding skill =.="
Le Anh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 09:05   Link #330
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Hmmm.... if he didn't change it, I guess he didn't have enough mana to use his defence skill. Did it say critical when it hit? If so it means that he doesn't have the mana to defend. Cause? Most likely Nozomu use his name breaker. Name breaker has an extra effect to eat away a mana. And yes It damage enemies like normal support dmg skills.
Old 2008-09-08, 18:20   Link #331
lightl

ok got the game in today, looking around for a walktrough or is the one posted back on page 3 of the thread good enough??? oh any general tips would be appreated
oh the special package well worth the 12800 yen
oh that Satsuk is sold out now

Last edited by lightl; 2008-09-08 at 21:33.
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 03:12   Link #332
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Managed to clear 8-1 with SS on the 1st attempt, so relieved. Moves I got for this section were just crazy.

Euphie's 1100M/360F attack
Nozomi's 1220M defense, 20% group heal and 50% single heal
Naya's 700F all slot 3 mana support
Nozomu's 400M/250F all slot 4 mana attack

They make a big difference.

Looking forward to 9-1. Narukana...wow.
Old 2008-09-09, 09:32   Link #333
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Wow indeed!

Enjoy using her, hahaha. I imagine you might!
Old 2008-09-09, 11:06   Link #334
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

That sound sooo~~~ wrong ^.^;;;;;
Old 2008-09-12, 06:26   Link #335
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Well, 9-1 done at last. Damn those blue minions, now they're using version 2 of that melee attack and it lags the comp to hell and back. Took forever to get through this mission because of those bastards. Oh well, no more minions at least, mana golems time. Coasted in way ahead of the limit. Narukana, Katima, Nozomu, Nozomi, Zetsu, Naya, Jatzieta and Euphoria are all level capped in terms of what the levellers could provide (27, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26 and 24). Had 110k mana stored for beyond.

Well, as suspected, I am on Katima's route, as I now have her specific mission. ^^

The leadup to it was very interesting. From the looks of it, everyone was deciding where to go, then Katima suddenly demanded that they head back to her world and made Monobe go ahead with it, which is just very unexpected from her. Naya absolutely ripped into her at one point, Jatzieta gave her a talking to, Salles didn't seem happy either. Everyone else was spamming gasping or getting mad. However, Katima's gut reaction turned out to be right. Daraba is back and Katima's people are in worse danger than they were in Chapter 2. Plus I get the feeling Katima started being open with the fact that she had feelings for Nozomu, because everyone else started blushing continually/backing off. Plus in a final scene before Katima ran off to a major city to help her people, she had an intimate talk with Nozomu and things got pretty deep/sensual. Katima looked ready to melt at one point. I am so looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I just wish I knew what was really being said at this point. The translation never went this far, plus the guy doing it was doing Satsuki's route.

Well, time to save Katima. ^^

PS. Using Narukana was freaking awesome. Excalibur II and her fire moves = GG to anything in her way. If there ever was an 'I Win' button, Narukana is it indeed.

Edit: Tried the Katima route mission and am very confused as to what exactly is the objective of this mission. The guide said at 200IT an event occurs and the mission objective changes. The guide I'm reading says after this event a south path opens up. Well, I didn't see any new path open up after 200IT, so I don't know what exactly changed after the event/cut scene with Katima in the forest. All I see are two paths leading west with several towns and plenty of mobs along the way. Anyone know exactly what I'm neat to do in this mission? Because I never saw a target point and Rehme's map pointed in weird directions that didn't seem to have anything to do with my starting point. I'm guessing at some point I have to use a Katima AR to single-handedly defend a major city but at present, only 2 teams and 2 ARs are allowed and Katima isn't usable. Very confused as to what exactly is going on.

Would anyone be able to inform me as to what is suppoed to be done in this mission, please?

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2008-09-12 at 12:54.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 13:48   Link #336
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

After the cutscene, Nozomu is transported to a new location (one spot below the start point). He needs to get to Katima's location. That's it.

About capturing the cities. Have Nozomu go south. After the next cut scene other party members can capture the cities on the western path.

And Katima just need to hold her position

And I find Euphie a better "I win" button on H and SH :3

* runs from Erhjegel *
Old 2008-09-12, 21:09   Link #337
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Oh...NOW I get it. That stupid guide told me initially to not put Nozomu in the slots at all and wait until 200IT. Flock, that's why things weren't working. Flock that guide. You are a champ, kind sir.

Euphie is probably more of an I Win button in those difficulties. since she has a 4 chapter head start on Narukana for levelling. Having to pick up a Level 30 Narukana in 9-1 on Hard is probably a hard deal. Then again, it wouldn't be Hard if that wasn't the case. But she has strengths in areas where Narukana doesn't has well. How about we simply agree they btoh win?

Still, I've always found Katima awesome. Even in Normal, I've always found her one of the most useful/important characters.

Edit: Events happened at 200IT and 260IT for me. At 260 was when Nozomu moved over the barrier and Katima entered the mission. Now what's confusing me is exactly what direction Nozomu is meant to take. There's stuff west, south-west and south over 4-5 different paths it looks like he's got to capture, mobs in several different directions, plus it seems like there is supposed to be a point he can port to the island Katima is stuck on, but I can't figure out which one it is. I do have a Level 7 Sands of Time up so hopefully Nozomu can traverse all the different directions. Christ, he is so slow. Still 17IP and now even Nozomi is faster since she hit 18IP at Level 26.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2008-09-13 at 01:06.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 02:25   Link #338
asdf-cn

This seems a stupid question or possibly was responsed a while ago, but, is this game begin translated? i mean like a patch or just something like an Walkthrought?
asdf-cn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 02:54   Link #339
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Sent you a link with the only available translation. It's done for six chapters.
Old 2008-09-13, 05:17   Link #340
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Oh...NOW I get it. That stupid guide told me initially to not put Nozomu in the slots at all and wait until 200IT. Flock, that's why things weren't working. Flock that guide. You are a champ, kind sir.

Euphie is probably more of an I Win button in those difficulties. since she has a 4 chapter head start on Narukana for levelling. Having to pick up a Level 30 Narukana in 9-1 on Hard is probably a hard deal. Then again, it wouldn't be Hard if that wasn't the case. But she has strengths in areas where Narukana doesn't has well. How about we simply agree they btoh win?

Still, I've always found Katima awesome. Even in Normal, I've always found her one of the most useful/important characters.

Edit: Events happened at 200IT and 260IT for me. At 260 was when Nozomu moved over the barrier and Katima entered the mission. Now what's confusing me is exactly what direction Nozomu is meant to take. There's stuff west, south-west and south over 4-5 different paths it looks like he's got to capture, mobs in several different directions, plus it seems like there is supposed to be a point he can port to the island Katima is stuck on, but I can't figure out which one it is. I do have a Level 7 Sands of Time up so hopefully Nozomu can traverse all the different directions. Christ, he is so slow. Still 17IP and now even Nozomi is faster since she hit 18IP at Level 26.
Nozomu just pick the shortest route. the point where he can teleport to the island is the same point where the enemy teleport to the island.

Well Narukana is better in one vs. one battles, while Euphie is better in one vs. many. But it's not the level head start that she has, but the skills that she has. Loves the combo "Dust to Dust 1/2/3 => mana link 2/3 => Doom judgement 5

Tags
ero-game, eroge, rpg, visual novel