AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2008-10-07, 09:33   Link #41
Midonin
Last Engage

I'd think the next step would be to actually do a bit of research on the shows the person compared and not take everything they say at face value, but that's probably my line of thinking.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:09   Link #42
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I'd think the next step would be to actually do a bit of research on the shows the person compared and not take everything they say at face value, but that's probably my line of thinking.

Genres: comedy, magic, romance
Plot Summary: Magician's Academy revolves around Takuto Hasegawa, who attends a magic academy that is not marked on any map. During a summoning spell exam, he accidentally creates a girl named Tanarot, who happends to hold enough magical power to destroy his country, but fortunately Tanarot professes undying loyalty to her "creator."

Genres: adventure, comedy, magic, romance
Plot Summary: Meet Louise, a budding magician. The students at the Tristein Academy call her "Zero Louise", due to her current record of zero successes with magic. In fact, her magic tends to go spectacularly wrong. Now, as an important test of her aptitude for magic, she must summon a familiar to be her servant. At this critical moment, she summons up all her magic and wishes for a familiar that is "devoted, beautiful and powerful", and gets... Hiraga Saito, an ordinary Japanese boy. It's difficult to say who is more surprised and dismayed, but the rules don't allow for second attempts. Louise is stuck with her strange familiar, and he with her.

If they reseach it after reading what you said they gona get the wrong impression. All there really is about this show is really the summary thats all i could find. ZNT is known for the whole SNM Baka misstreating of Saito(reason a lot of people droped it on the 3rd season after 4 Season of the same thing Shana + ZNT) When people compair ZNT and Shana no one bats an eye cuz a lot of people see them as the same show even thought they got a totally diffrent story line, but its still accepted as one of the same. Please do not try to get people to think this show is a Revrse ZNT until their is proof of it you might get some people wanting to watch it for a little yeah payback time at the same turn off the people who got sick of it already.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 18:38   Link #43
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Just watched this...hahahahaha

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 18:38   Link #44
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoeagle View Post
SAW the OP.

PASSO.PASSO, PASSO,PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSO.
Everyones entitled to make snap decisions...god knows I do...But you might wanna give the show a fair shot before giving up at the OP...

As bizzare as the OP was though I find myself starting to like it after hearing it a few more times...Damn infectious thing...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:23   Link #45
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoeagle View Post
SAW the OP.

PASSO.PASSO, PASSO,PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSO.
I second that. This is atrocious stuff.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 20:04   Link #46
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Maybe it's because I have a weakness for the whole Magical Girl genre, but I found this opener fairly interesting. There was a surprisingly amount of combat and terminology, it was fairly well animated for a show of it's type (the character designs look straight from a Sting game by the way) and suitably absurd as well. Now on the downside if played wrong this will just seem like another Zero No Tsukaima season, but hopefully they keep it more action oriented then ero/kick in the nuts oriented. I'm hoping it goes down the road of actually getting to see continent destroying displays of power and not the road of being another panty flashing moeblob based series. The balls in your court Macademi Wasshoi. Please do make something of yourself as I do see some potential.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:15   Link #47
slidingk1

Is it just me or did the opening feel like Lucky Star in some strange way?? This anime redefines crack on my to watch list.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 00:51   Link #48
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Personally, I was feeling more on the KKN side.

^ Touhoues for president. ^
Chinese Saimoe 08 Congradulations to C.C. and Shana for winning Chinese Saimoe 08
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 01:54   Link #49
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Crazy wackiness that makes little to no sense nor logic? Yeah, definitely feels more like KKN to me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 04:36   Link #50
Stormblazer
General Anime Fan

Send a message via AIM to Stormblazer Send a message via Yahoo to Stormblazer
I loved it- now, I usually hate ecchi, harem, etc with passion. But this show makes fun of all that quite blatantly, and the sheer amount of absurdity is frankly hard not to enjoy.
Old 2008-10-08, 19:03   Link #51
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Just watched this...hahahahaha
My thoughts exactly...

Though if you guys thought this was a weird OP...you should really get your eyeballs on Kemeko deluxe

ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:14   Link #52
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
What is the point of this anime?

Old 2008-10-08, 21:36   Link #53
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Since when has a Comedy anime needed a point...Hell since when has Comedy period needed a point...

Sometimes it's just nice to be random for randoms sake and blow lots of stuff up in the process ya know? Or maybe thats just me that feels that way...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:12   Link #54
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Oh my GOD this anime was awesome!

Amazing usage of 3D animation (awesome water bubbles are AWESOME), amazing CLAYMATION (my eyes popped at that one), amazing fanservice (FINALLY SOME GRATUITOUS PANTIES OTHER THAN ROSARIO+VAMPIRE) and overall, the story is very cute and the tsukaima/familiar thing is done in a way more fun fashion than Zero no Tsukaima.

I'm pretty impressed. Everything about it, even the seiyuu work to the music, I'm sold.

One of my early faves by far. It's like the guilty-pleasure aspect of Koihime Musou except this show is MUCH better produced.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:22   Link #55
yozaku
Always Idle

aaagh too much randomness
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 16:50   Link #56
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not saying "best," or even best at leaving an impression: Kannagi rocked my socks, and Kemeko was approximately as wacky as this show.
Kemeko isn't bad, but to me it seems the show is going to rely on the suit Kemeko to work those gag and to flesh out a lot of the wtf-factor. Nothing else stands out. That tells me the show Kemeko is probably going to loose its steam pretty soon considering the characters are typical of those that can be found in series such as Kanokon, To Love-Ru, etc.. : a whiny male lead, a girl who promised the whiny male lead that she will be his bride, and another girl who is an Osananajimi whose got a crush that somehow goes unnoticed by the whiny dude. All that show needs is a tsun-dere imouto/itoko/loli to complete the stereotype.

This show, it seems, is going to poke fun at that very stereotype as evident in many series. The list of those stereotype is pretty big, so the fun factor should stay fresh a bit longer than your typical wtf-shows. At the moment I'm liking this show more than Kemeko.
Old 2008-10-09, 17:06   Link #57
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, to be fair though, Macademi Wasshoi's protagonist isn't exactly that far off the whiny male lead, his familiar's dependence on him practically makes her his bride, and not to mention his cousin is probably his osananajimi as well (and we all know that he's completely oblivious to his feelings).

Kemeko parodies both the mecha and the harem genres, while Macademi Wasshoi parodies both the mahou shoujo and harem genres. Personally, I like Kemeko more because I prefer my robots, and not to mention mecha comedies are few and far between, but that's just me. They're both equally wacky if going by just the first episode. ^_^

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 00:02   Link #58
Midonin
Last Engage

Two minor, but interesting updates, on the official site.

The first is that Nobuyuki Hiyama has been added to the ever-growing cast roster as Professor Stein. Not that Professor Stein.

The second is that full versions of the OP and ED can be heard in the PV section. The OP's "video" consists of a man dancing to the song while wearing an elephant head mask. The ED has what looks like two toku monsters dancing to it. Couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 22:33   Link #59
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Watched it, lol, love it, looking for episode 1 without the plush toys, going to read the manga and probably play the game.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 22:44   Link #60
Molenir

When I started watching this show, I was so turned off by the opening, that I quit... I gave it another chance a few days later, managed to get past the OP, mostly by skipping it, and found out, this is a damn good show! Fun, definitely looking forward to more.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen