AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-12, 17:09   Link #521
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I think if you are comparing which is the more ecchier series then Kanokon win hands down. But if you want to compare which series has more enjoyable ecchi scenes then LoveRu win hands down. Even with tentacle rape and such, I find myself laughing at something I should be rolling my eyes are with LoveRu (ahh the magic ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 03:50   Link #522
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow, another solid episode from this series, who would've thought? I enjoyed the comedy more than I wanted.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 02:37   Link #523
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep6:
Old 2008-05-15, 12:49   Link #524
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2008-05-15, 17:46   Link #525
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I hope the above is clear. Stop talking about characters who appear in parts of the manga that haven't been animated yet in this thread. I don't want to know what happens in the manga or who appears in it and when. This is an anime thread, not a manga thread. If you absolutely must compare to past events from the manga, you must do it in clearly-labelled spoiler tags.

I don't care if everyone else in this thread has already read the manga. I haven't and I don't intend to, so I don't want to keep reading about it in the clear. Thankfully that also happens to align with our spoiler policy, so please become familiar with it.

And P.S. it doesn't help when you put the manga spoilers in large red bold text.
Old 2008-05-15, 19:03   Link #526
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Episode 7 - Are you man or moe?:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 20:14   Link #527
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I hope the above is clear. Stop talking about characters who appear in parts of the manga that haven't been animated yet in this thread. I don't want to know what happens in the manga or who appears in it and when. This is an anime thread, not a manga thread. If you absolutely must compare to past events from the manga, you must do it in clearly-labelled spoiler tags.

I don't care if everyone else in this thread has already read the manga. I haven't and I don't intend to, so I don't want to keep reading about it in the clear. Thankfully that also happens to align with our spoiler policy, so please become familiar with it.

And P.S. it doesn't help when you put the manga spoilers in large red bold text.
Thank you so much, relentlessflame.

I hope this doesn't happen anymore. Because they always come back, no matter how many times I've said it myself...

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-05-15 at 21:27. Reason: Edited out raw playback conversation...
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 21:51   Link #528
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I just watched episode 4 and will be going to 5 and 6 after this, but I just felt that I must post.

This show is definitely the most entertaining ecchi anime I've ever watched.

Is the show rich in parodies and homages? I know of the Halo references and Star Wars in ep 1. But there are some really subtle and hard to catch. Like the buns in ep 4, is it a immediate response to Macross Frontier? And the immediate speech after Zastin climbs over the fence on the roof top reminds me of the scene in Haruhi ep 1 where Yuki(who stepped through the window) and Itsuki has a conversation in the room.

The OP and ED are amazing, the way their tease the audience. The OP teases with the zooming in while the ED covers parts and doesn't allow you to see the full picture. Very clever effects with simple animation.

EDIT: Also for Rito choosing Lala or Haruna.

Personally I prefer Lala, she's better in more ways to me than Haruna. To me, her alien personality is definitely much more cuter and attractive. I'd choose her without thinking.

But then again, I tried to put myself in Rito's shoes, I thought, I've been in love with this girl for so long, I'd be a jerk to suddenly like another girl.

I told myself I'm lucky because I'm not Rito, that I can just choose and favour Lala. But then the other question is who should/would Rito end up with.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 01:07   Link #529
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Then its a deal... you can have Lala, I'll take Haruna

"It is a silly place..." -King Arthur.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 05:55   Link #530
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Yeah, I can't say I exactly see what makes Lala attractive. She must have, what, a braincell.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 07:18   Link #531
ZODDGUTS

Lala is far from a gorgeous brain dead type of a girl she's a bit naive and hyper active but not dumb. What I like about Lala is how innocent she is, something about that attitude of hers makes her so attractive and likable.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 07:43   Link #532
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Innocence, stupidity. It's a fine line.

Ep 6

I'm trying to think up an intelligent way to respond to this episode. I can't.
Old 2008-05-16, 11:46   Link #533
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I'm trying to think up an intelligent way to respond to this episode. I can't.
Nope, ep 6 is what it is..... no pretense at higher road values here (heh).
Old 2008-05-16, 15:12   Link #534
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Yeah, I can't say I exactly see what makes Lala attractive. She must have, what, a braincell.
We live in a world where someone like Haruhi (Suzumiya) has a cult. So it is possible someone like Lala to have fans.........
......Though, yeah, I don't see what makes her so attractive. The world truly is a mysterious place.

Spoiler for ep7:

Spoiler for ep8 preview summary:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 16:27   Link #535
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I'm sad to say I've seen worse *chokes*Kanokon*

Lala is just your typical blob though, nothing really to stress over being a recycled theme

ep 7
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 16:27   Link #536
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm for my case, on why I find Lala so attractive, the reason is simple. Its just because she's not normal. I'm sure there's alot people who are also interested in things that are not normal, especially people who watch anime. People like me, don't have much interest in normal lives.

The other even simpler reason would be she is great eye candy.

If I'm Rito, I would marry Lala immediately, but then the I would become a jerk and then the story will end or maybe the story would become Rito's life after marriage or something lol. I'm liking this show, because Rito choses to continue loving his crush and not get the 'free item'. Maybe for others the show is, Rito continues to try and love his crush while having a major distraction beside him all the time. Any way Rito is a good ecchi/harem lead.

If there's an anime to compare to To-Love-ru, it would be Bokusatsu Dokuro-chan. Both are highly entertaining and similar in some parts. But this one is less insane lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 16:40   Link #537
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep8 preview summary:

Spoiler:
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 18:38   Link #538
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

To the extent that there's a real competition in this series - which, despite the eyecatches I don't think there is - I prefer Haruna. Lala is annoying as hell and Haruna is seriously hot...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 19:42   Link #539
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
We live in a world where someone like Haruhi (Suzumiya) has a cult. So it is possible someone like Lala to have fans.........
......Though, yeah, I don't see what makes her so attractive. The world truly is a mysterious place.
Haruhi I get (hell, I really like Haruhi) because there's more too her than just an enthusiastic inconsiderateness. I just love seeing how she reacts when things don't go as she wants or expects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I'm sad to say I've seen worse *chokes*Kanokon*

Lala is just your typical blob though, nothing really to stress over being a recycled theme
Kanokon's characters are... well, whatever the opposite of charming is. They're repulsive. (In before a Kanokon fan complains about my post). In my opinion, of course.
Old 2008-05-16, 21:13   Link #540
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Even for an ecchi series.... Kanokon turned out to be pretty cardboard, ecchi appeals to me more if I develop some care for at least some of the characters.

This series is somewhat "by the numbers" but its a bit interesting seeing how far they'll push the censors and at least Lala/Rito/Haruna triangle has some of the "right numbers" to it.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, school life, shounen, xebec