AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-27, 07:45   Link #141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Did Aoi have an arc?
I guess the only Aoi character development that we got to see was that one scene with her Mother.

Such a shame. She was easily the best character from this series.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 07:49   Link #142
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
There were some nice scenes, but honestly all they did was raise my expectations and then fail on the follow through. Those scenes made me think that the series was going to have great episodes, but the best episodes were only decent when compared to the best episodes I've seen in other shows.
To me, this series had some beautiful scenes for those who actually cared. *Remembers back to hinako giving sana a peck on the cheeks or when nanaka completely brokedown*
Those memories for this series was just priceless compared to the rest. Shame that it couldn't follow it up though because of the series length. If it was longer, they could have done a better job

A side character getting more initial time than the main ones is a bad move. At the rate this was going though if it was longer then the time spent on hinako wouldn't have seemed that much.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 08:02   Link #143
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Well then the anime was a success. It was just an expensive advertisement after all.
I disagree what vaule did viewers take away from the series. The series was marred by a lack of direction of consistency. To introduce a no name faceless new character in the last episode was absurd. The stigma of these endings is getting worse and see more and more every year. To me its a lack of commitment to actually put a fluid moving series. The potential at the beginning was excellent if would have been better off if they would have kept it a light hearted romance instead of involving Suicidex2, Adultry, Murder, Post traumatic stress disorder, and a whose child is it really scenario.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 08:43   Link #144
Saleh
Inactive
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
5. Nanaka - I don't think going suicidal is the best way to elicit sympathy - it was the last straw for me. She gets a big red X. As for her future - a professional violinist?! Give me a break. Check this, this, and this for an idea of how well future pros can play at age 10. Even I could play circles around her at that age.
Its a good thing that you aren't watching Shion no Ou. Characters skills and experience ratings are a lot more messed up than this. Were you seriously expecting them to hire a renowned violinist to play a decent piece for Nanaka's recital scenes when they have recycled most of game's soundtracks in anime ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Well at least you guys got it easy. This is my favorite show of this season and it ended (IMO) badly, so it was a heavier thud for me!
Since you are already watching both Ef and Blue drop, I wouldn't recommend you to watch them but if you have higher expectations from them you won't be very disappointed, especially from Blue Drop.
__________________
Saleh is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 09:11   Link #145
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 27
ef's melodramatic scenes and cliche's were executed perfectyl, the pacing was great and the artwork ( though at first it could be a turn off ) was superb especially in the final episodes ( 10+ )

myself yourself was a good series but compared to other masterpieces of 2007 it would hold a candle against them. some episodes were mediocre and its best episodes didnt necessarily impressed me ( i watched ef first before this, and i could have been spoiled by the artwork and musical selection )
Supah Em is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 09:30   Link #146
Yuelon
喜怒哀
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Moonlight
Myself Yourself was to me was something I found it decent to watch at first created by the wonderful OP. It went down after the twincest out of the cast leaving alot of mystery of their father relationship and alot of matter later.
This really sadden me like School Days and Sola which all got proof.
I found this is like getting us to go towards to game since we get the ending we want and so of other things in mystery.
__________________
Wonders of the Moon
When will I reach
Where can I find
Whether do I not know
Why can't we be togather like Moon & Stars.


Yuelon is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 09:31   Link #147
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem
on another note, time skips are really not my type of story because it lefts out many
important details. ( also the twin's relationship was not explicitly explained and wait...
it took our male protagonist 10 years to propose. in an anime perspective it counts as
a lifetime in reality, but that's just me )
Time skips used as epilogues have the potential of being quite good. The general idea behind them is that we get to see how the characters progressed after their storylines had been resolved. The problem in Myself, Yourself is that the storylines haven't been resolved at all; they've been finally brought up, and then left hanging. In a way, this is precisely what was wrong with the Asami storyline - it had a lot of potential as a setup since the most interesting thing about it was how it would affect the relationship dynamics of the various characters. However, it was used as a resolution, and as a result, had very little impact for many viewers. The same can be said of the twins running away, and the suicide, and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Honestly, of all the people in the show Nanaka and Sana had the worst dynamics between them with a very scattered focus, and we end up with what we got - an end that leaves you wanting. This show had the elements to be good, but the way those were put together doesn't make it even an inch above average, even if that much.
It's sort of sad that Sana's most interesting relationships were with Hinako and Yuzuki, two characters that couldn't have much of a presence in the other storylines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
I agree with folks who says the longer episode count could've done this show better justice.
I don't know about that. It really feels like the creators didn't really know what to do with the characters, and as a result, the simplest ones (Hinako and Yuzuki) came off the best. The real problem lies in the series (as opposed to episodic) direction, and writing. And a longer episode count would do little in improving the show.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 10:44   Link #148
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
I was happy when I saw Nanaka's Dad beat the crap out of that fucking bitch (Nanaka's mother). How can she be so bitchy?
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 10:51   Link #149
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I was happy when I saw Nanaka's Dad beat the crap out of that fucking bitch (Nanaka's mother). How can she be so bitchy?
How can you condone domestic acts of violence on females? Yes she made a mistake yes was somewhat less than sensitive to the situation and her husbands feelings of betrayal, but do you honestly think she deserved to be beaten to a plup then killed in the fire?
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 10:58   Link #150
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
How can you condone domestic acts of violence on females? Yes she made a mistake yes was somewhat less than sensitive to the situation and her husbands feelings of betrayal, but do you honestly think she deserved to be beaten to a plup then killed in the fire?
I don't condone the fire because Nanaka didn't have any responsabilities in what happened. I'm only saying that Nanaka's mother deserved what she had because she wasn't sorry at all for hiding the truth to his proper husband, but she even said she wanted Nanaka to inherit his biological father passions. It's the same as saying "you were useless as a father, good only for a facade and bring home money."
It's unforgivable and many people would have react like this. Note that I would agree with Nanaka's mother if the roles would have been inverted so don't start with the maschilism crap.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 11:06   Link #151
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I don't condone the fire because Nanaka didn't have any responsabilities in what happened. I'm only saying that Nanaka's mother deserved what she had because she wasn't sorry at all for hiding the truth to his proper husband, but she even said she wanted Nanaka to inherit his biological father passions. It's the same as saying "you were useless as a father, good only for a facade and bring home money."
It's unforgivable and many people would have react like this. Note that I would agree with Nanaka's mother if the roles would have been inverted so don't start with the maschilism crap.
Im not starting anything i asked a simple question. I agree with you on certain aspects. But i disagree when you say many people would have reacted that way. I highly doubt that most people would opt to beat their wife or result to violence. Nanaka deserved nothing of what she got she cant help how she was concieved. Ineriting talent well thats up in the air its a shame to waste talent no matter where it comes from, so i understand her mothers want to nurture that talent. I disagree with how the mother handled things especially making the biological father her turtor that was plain.

Nanaka's mother deserved divorce and ridicule at best not to be beaten nor killed. If the father lived it most likely would have been considered a crime of passion or tempory insanity but that does make it anymore right. If anything its just tragic paternity is always a touchy subject sometimes even more than adultry so no im not pulling any masculine crap just an observation.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 11:14   Link #152
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im starting anything i asked a simple question i agree with you on certain aspects. But i disagree when you say many people would have reacted that way. I highly doubt that most people would opt to beat their wife. Nanaka deserved nothing of what she got she cant help how she was concieved. Ineriting talent well thats up in the air its a shame to waste talent no matter where it comes from. I disagree with how the mother handled things especially making the guy her turtor.

Nanaka's mother deserved divorce and ridicule at best not to be beaten nor killed. If the father lived it most likely would have been considered a crime of passion or tempory insanity but that does make it anymore right. If anything its just tragic paternity is always a touchy subject sometimes even more than adultry so no im not pulling any masculine crap just an observation.
Anyway I would like to point out that I wouldn't do something like that because I wouldn't like to have my life ruined for a bitch. My point was mainly that Nanaka's mother, instead of being deeply sorry so his husband, she dared to talk back to him saying he was just a fool good for the monthly salary and nothing more (not clearly, but the meaning is that one). Furthermore she managed to make his biological father his music teacher to make Nanaka inheriting his father traits: she had the nerve to tell even that to his husband. The guy went crazy and killed the wife at that point: it's very understandable like it would have been understandable if Nanaka's mother would have stabbed Nanaka's father if the roles were inverted. She called what happend upon herself.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 12:01   Link #153
Cheezy
brrr
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Well now, i actually ended up liking this episode more than i thought i would, even if only because we finally got to learn something about their pasts. A shame it came so late, because Sana's revelations didn't have the time to play any actual importance. Still it is better than nothing.

Nanaka's past did surprise me a bit, as i was not expecting her "father" to be the arsonist ... i don't really understand why Nanaka's mother ended up marrying the guy if she had a relationship with the violin teacher though (unless it was a one night stand or something along the lines) ... perhaps i missed something due to lack of subs, but the situation does not make that much of a sense for me, at least for the moment.

Sana's past was rushed as expected, but now we indeed know that the watch covers up the wound on his wrist and he moved back to this town to get some peace of mind. Overall while the revelations are too little, too late i still enjoyed the first part of this episode for the material it covered and didn't mind the lack of focus on anything else.

I am less than impressed with the timeskip though ... while it offered somewhat of a closure (more like a glimpse of the cast's future), it all felt very uninspired and i can't say i was interested all that much. Sana proposed to Nanaka, but much like with his revelations abut him having cut his wrists - the direct aftermath is cut short, taking away the potentially most interesting part and reducing the even to basically "oh, by the way - Sana proposed and she accepted. Good for them, isn't it ?"

Shuu and Shuri, still together after all these years, huh. The twincest is strong in this one ... not like i mind, as their dynamic was arguably one of the best things this show had to offer, even though it didn't have much of a time to shine.

Nothing much to say about Aoi, Asami and Hinako (aside from the later looking rather nice though ) - their appearances had little above cameo value.

Overall i can't say the timeskip part did anything for me - it failed to invoke anything in me and lacked any real sense of fulfillment ... which is how i generally feel about this series - its had its moments, but overall a somewhat boring and unrewarding experience. I realize they were out of time and this was among the only options to introduce some decent "closure" to the characters involved, but that isn't anyone's fault but the writer's and the short timeskip seemed more like a quickly thrown together "oh, by the way - this happened" than anything meaningful.

I still liked the last episode somewhat, but i can't say too much positive about the show overall ... Hinako episodes was the best thing it had to offer, Shuu and Shuri dynamics being the second (and last) noteworthy mention. A through mediocrity that ultimately falls in to the "fire and forget" bin. I don't regret watching it, but it is not something that would stick to my mind as anything above yet another entry on my anime list.
Exactly what I thought.

Overall, I give this series a 6 out of 10.
Cheezy is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 12:23   Link #154
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Anyway I would like to point out that I wouldn't do something like that because I wouldn't like to have my life ruined for a bitch. My point was mainly that Nanaka's mother, instead of being deeply sorry so his husband, she dared to talk back to him saying he was just a fool good for the monthly salary and nothing more (not clearly, but the meaning is that one). Furthermore she managed to make his biological father his music teacher to make Nanaka inheriting his father traits: she had the nerve to tell even that to his husband. The guy went crazy and killed the wife at that point: it's very understandable like it would have been understandable if Nanaka's mother would have stabbed Nanaka's father if the roles were inverted. She called what happend upon herself.
Actually the person who ruin his life is him. He could have acted as the better person. Who do you think Nanaka is going to care more about the dead teacher or the person who she has thought is her dad all these years?

He went straight from shock to aggressive madness. He could have taken many different paths, but instead he decided to feel betrayed and then blamed Nanaka. Who cares who blood is in her veins, does all them years of memories mean nothing?

Also we don't know how Nanaka's mum was acting, she might have snapped back at him in defiance because he hit her. Strange things we human beings, most of us don't like being assaulted and then to bite back even if the situation says don't do it.

I don't condone Nanaka's mums action, but from what she said by the time she found out they had gotten married and she quite rightly guessed that he would want her to abort. What parent wants to terminate their child because of their partners animalistic ego? That is what animals do, eat other rival's offspring to ensure that theirs can be king.

It is easy to say that a person is a friend when everything is hunky dory, but when the sh*t hits the fan, he wasn't that forgiven was he? So in my book he fails as a husband, a friend and a father.

Nanaka's bio dad was a dangoing moronic selfish bas**rd too. If he knew his friend at all, then he should have at least guessed that this was a possible outcome, instead he goes to his deathbed clearing his conscience with no regard for those he leaves behind.

When it comes down to it from what we have been shown the only victim in this sorry affair is Nanaka, but I got to say I'm shocked by those who condone beating someone to death for the sake of her father's male pride.
__________________
grey_moon is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 12:32   Link #155
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Actually the person who ruin his life is him. He could have acted as the better person. Who do you think Nanaka is going to care more about the dead teacher or the person who she has thought is her dad all these years?

He went straight from shock to aggressive madness. He could have taken many different paths, but instead he decided to feel betrayed and then blamed Nanaka. Who cares who blood is in her veins, does all them years of memories mean nothing?

Also we don't know how Nanaka's mum was acting, she might have snapped back at him in defiance because he hit her. Strange things we human beings, most of us don't like being assaulted and then to bite back even if the situation says don't do it.

I don't condone Nanaka's mums action, but from what she said by the time she found out they had gotten married and she quite rightly guessed that he would want her to abort. What parent wants to terminate their child because of their partners animalistic ego? That is what animals do, eat other rival's offspring to ensure that theirs can be king.

It is easy to say that a person is a friend when everything is hunky dory, but when the sh*t hits the fan, he wasn't that forgiven was he? So in my book he fails as a husband, a friend and a father.

Nanaka's bio dad was a dangoing moronic selfish bas**rd too. If he knew his friend at all, then he should have at least guessed that this was a possible outcome, instead he goes to his deathbed clearing his conscience with no regard for those he leaves behind.

When it comes down to it from what we have been shown the only victim in this sorry affair is Nanaka, but I got to say I'm shocked by those who condone beating someone to death for the sake of her father's male pride.
Exactly as i was saying Grey_moon im sorry i dont care if you feel betrayed. YOu have the option to act as a BETTER person. He chose not to do so I do not think Nanaka's mom did not love him if she didnt she would have left to go with the biological father a long time ago she HAD THAT OPTION. She was justifying her action im not saying shes right but beating her is not the answer. Nanaka's biological father is to blame as well i agree he cleared his concious at the end with no thought of consequences.

We are human we rationalize to resort to violence because you feel betrayed is a cowards way out. Its harder to bite the bullet and move on but in the end you end up a better person. Not a sad person how lost his life took another life and nearly runined an innocent. Nanaka loved him uncondtionally he was the person she considered her dad not the teacher. Blood doesnt matter he raised that child in every asppect except blood Nanaka was his daughter. Grey_moon is right he failed as a husband and a father but i also think he failed as a human.

If you think beating someone because you feel betrayed is the right course or action or anyone deserves that fate then its just sad.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 12:40   Link #156
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
As I said to Darkside, you need to watch better anime.

There were some nice scenes, but honestly all they did was raise my expectations and then fail on the follow through. Those scenes made me think that the series was going to have great episodes, but the best episodes were only decent when compared to the best episodes I've seen in other shows.
This is still just an opinion after all, and I am watching some of the better anime you're talking about, like ef. I love the random drama of this anime, and the occasional Hinako episodes that has nothing to do with the plot but are overall more enjoyable and gives me a "feel good" feeling. Maybe you place plot clarify and transition flow to be extremely important for anime, but for me it's different. No matter if it makes sense or not, if that one single episode is very enjoyable for me, then that's all it takes.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 12:44   Link #157
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
This is still just an opinion after all, and I am watching some of the better anime you're talking about, like ef. I love the random drama of this anime, and the occasional Hinako episodes that has nothing to do with the plot but are overall more enjoyable and gives me a "feel good" feeling. Maybe you place plot clarify and transition flow to be extremely important for anime, but for me it's different. No matter if it makes sense or not, if that one single episode is very enjoyable for me, then that's all it takes.
Hee hee random drama is one way of describing it, I felt like I had watched a whole season of Scoobydoo and eaten a whole box of Scooby snacks by the end of it.
__________________
grey_moon is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 12:46   Link #158
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
This is still just an opinion after all, and I am watching some of the better anime you're talking about, like ef. I love the random drama of this anime, and the occasional Hinako episodes that has nothing to do with the plot but are overall more enjoyable and gives me a "feel good" feeling. Maybe you place plot clarify and transition flow to be extremely important for anime, but for me it's different. No matter if it makes sense or not, if that one single episode is very enjoyable for me, then that's all it takes.
This is pretty much my stance as well. Episode 8 was a highpoint for the entire anime season imo. The end of episode 11 was mentionable as well, despite not being greatly developed. It's too bad in spite of this, the final 2 eps fell flat on their faces. Such a shame, as I was going to label this as my favorite anime of this season. That honor now goes to Kaiji, with Myself; Yourself being a distant second.
__________________
Grimkill7 is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 12:57   Link #159
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Actually the person who ruin his life is him. He could have acted as the better person. Who do you think Nanaka is going to care more about the dead teacher or the person who she has thought is her dad all these years?
Persons react in different ways to the same situations and nobody can judge them for it. There isn't a better way or a worst way in absolute: if Nanaka's father survived do you think he would have accepted her? Most likely she would have suffered for many years to come so things may be better the way they went: Nanaka can throw all of her past behind her and looking at an happy future with Sana.

Quote:
He went straight from shock to aggressive madness. He could have taken many different paths, but instead he decided to feel betrayed and then blamed Nanaka. Who cares who blood is in her veins, does all them years of memories mean nothing?
In fact I said he was totally wrong with Nanaka, but not with her mother. Read the posts people write better.

Quote:
Also we don't know how Nanaka's mum was acting, she might have snapped back at him in defiance because he hit her. Strange things we human beings, most of us don't like being assaulted and then to bite back even if the situation says don't do it.

I don't condone Nanaka's mums action, but from what she said by the time she found out they had gotten married and she quite rightly guessed that he would want her to abort. What parent wants to terminate their child because of their partners animalistic ego? That is what animals do, eat other rival's offspring to ensure that theirs can be king.
Ah right... Nanaka's mother bitching is justified because of the slap, while Nanaka's father isn't because he has only an horrible animalistic ego. His father could have said those things just because he was angry, but of course he can't be forgiven because he's a dirty male, while Nanaka's mother is a poor woman victim of the brute male-bear.

Quote:
It is easy to say that a person is a friend when everything is hunky dory, but when the sh*t hits the fan, he wasn't that forgiven was he? So in my book he fails as a husband, a friend and a father.
In my book Nanaka's mother fails as a friend, as a wife, as a mother, and is successful as a disgusting bitch.

Quote:
When it comes down to it from what we have been shown the only victim in this sorry affair is Nanaka, but I got to say I'm shocked by those who condone beating someone to death for the sake of her father's male pride.
LOL it was too good to not see the femminist crap in replies to my posts. I wrote that it would have been the same if the roles were the opposite so save me your moral because I'm not a maschilist or whatever. In fact I wrote I wouldn't have done that but it's very understandable and the bitchy replies Nanaka's mother gave called what happened btw.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2007-12-27, 13:24   Link #160
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Persons react in different ways to the same situations and nobody can judge them for it. There isn't a better way or a worst way in absolute: if Nanaka's father survived do you think he would have accepted her? Most likely she would have suffered for many years to come so things may be better the way they went: Nanaka can throw all of her past behind her and looking at an happy future with Sana.
Errrm when the reaction is to beat someone to death then I think a court of law will be judging them over it. That is the thing, if he was the better man then he would have accepted Nanaka as his daughter, blood has nothing to do with family ties. It amazes me even after we have been on this planet so long our basic instincts still rule over us.

If I think about the scenario from the dark side then I would say he even fails in evilness. Do you know what real revenge would have been? If he had acted as the better father and the better husband. Nanaka's mum will be living with her sin for the rest of her life and Nanaka might have ended up hating her mum for betraying her ideal dad. Think your own daughter who resembles the man you committed the sin with hating you for it? Real revenge IHMO would be to let the person punish themselves for it for the rest of their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
In fact I said he was totally wrong with Nanaka, but not with her mother. Read the posts people write better.
His mindset and actions caused the death of his wife and was also aimed at taking his daughters life. How can you separate the two

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Ah right... Nanaka's mother bitching is justified because of the slap, while Nanaka's father isn't because he has only an horrible animalistic ego. His father could have said those things just because he was angry, but of course he can't be forgiven because he's a dirty male, while Nanaka's mother is a poor woman victim of the brute male-bear.
I'm not justifying anything. I was trying to point out to you that we don't know how she was acting. All we saw was he hit her and she hit back verbally.

As soon as a human being listens to their animalistic instincts over their better natures then that is all they are doing. Try to justify it anyway you like, but it doesn't matter if he is a man or not. It would have been a far better argument to throw it back in my face by saying Nanaka's mum was acting the same way by trying to protect her offspring with no consideration for her husband. Not that I would agree with taking life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
In my book Nanaka's mother fails as a friend, as a wife, as a mother, and is successful as a disgusting bitch.
So if you were her husband would you beat her to death for it? I believe you said you wouldn't. Why not? Isn't it because you can be a better person then that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
LOL it was too good to not see the femminist crap in replies to my posts. I wrote that it would have been the same if the roles were the opposite so save me your moral because I'm not a maschilist or whatever. In fact I wrote I wouldn't have done that but it's very understandable and the bitchy replies Nanaka's mother gave called what happened btw.
It is a sad day when someone pulls the feminist card to defend the actions of domestic violence. It has nothing to do with sexism. Nanaka's mum might have been wrong but her actions were to protect the life of her child. Nanaka's dads was to take it away with violence.
__________________
grey_moon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.