AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 04:24   Link #101
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2008-04-14, 10:06   Link #102
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

why is it that no one's subbing this great show? is there an issue about the show or something? honestly i have no idea why this isnt picked up yet. not that im complaining, just curious.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:00   Link #103
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
why is it that no one's subbing this great show? is there an issue about the show or something? honestly i have no idea why this isnt picked up yet. not that im complaining, just curious.
I'm a bit curious about that too. It's possible that someone's working on it and are just really slow, but honestly, it's been over two weeks since the show started airing... Though so far watching the raws has worked fine for me, but I'm obviously missing a lot of details that way.
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:17   Link #104
Snuffle
likes cute things

To all of those asking for the subs, I think you should do a little research first, it's not that hard... Direct yourselves toward as-fansubs page and you will find out what's taking the subs so long.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:38   Link #105
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
serenade_beta
Thanks a lot for translation. Personally I really have trouble with 'soramimi' . Mind to help again?
Spoiler for further discussion:

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:41   Link #106
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
To all of those asking for the subs, I think you should do a little research first, it's not that hard... Direct yourselves toward as-fansubs page and you will find out what's taking the subs so long.
Well, I for one didn't think of checking the homepage of a sub-group I haven't used, to look for updates on a series I wasn't sure they were even doing. (Granted, I have no way of knowing wether Shinsen Subs will sub it either, but seeing how they subbed the last two seasons, I'm just assuming that they will.) But at least it's nice to see that SOMEONE is subbing this. I'll propably just get it from whoever releases it first. And then I'll be able to see if my translation-attempt of the opening was even remotely accurate...
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 12:04   Link #107
nikorai

serenade_beta
Spoiler for tv program:

Old 2008-04-14, 12:10   Link #108
Kaoru Chujo
Uchida Maaya

Besides these Unaired forum threads (and threads in the Sub Group forums), there is one source I know of for who is going to sub what. That is the Who Subs What wiki set up by Andrew LB. Sub groups put their names down for certain shows, starting a season or two ahead of time. Not every group seems to use it, and groups don't always come back to cross their names off when they give up a show, but it is the best source I know.

It names Anime-Share fansubs as doing this show. I fed their name into Google and found their home page, where there is a statement of why they are slower than they would like to be getting DC2SS out. They have a new typesetter and typesetting is taking a while. They plan to get to a schedule where they release every Friday night, US time.

It is against the rules on AnimeSuki to ask when a show will be released. We like to treat fansubbers, who perform such a great service for us, with great respect, and not make them feel criticized.
Uchida Maaya 内田真礼 2010 (3 roles). 2011 (7 roles) Mari (Yuruyuri), Alluka Zoldyk (HxH). 2012 (19 roles) Izumi (Space Pirates), Sanka Rea, Aoi (Akibaranger),Yuu (NakaImo), Rikka (Chuunibyou); 2013 (17) Mii (Ai Mai Mii), Mao (GJ Club), Rei (Vividred), Wakana (Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live), Hajime (Gatchaman), Koganuma (Outbreak Co.). 2014 (26) Futaba (Aoha Ride), Hiyori (Noragami), Sharo (Did You Order Rabbit?), Haruka (Rail Wars). 2015 (15) Ranko (Idolm@ster Cinderella), Haruka (World Break), Ririruka Ahde (Dungeon), Miyabi (Yamada-kun Witches).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2015 anime schedule - previews
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 14:31   Link #109
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Late this week...
Spoiler for Episode 2:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:08   Link #110
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
serenade_beta
Thanks a lot for translation. Personally I really have trouble with 'soramimi' . Mind to help again?
Spoiler for further discussion:
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 08:36   Link #111
nikorai

serenade_beta

Spoiler for neko:

Speaking of episode 3.
Say, can 正義の魔法使い be treated as a "Lawful Good Mage"?

Last edited by nikorai; 2008-04-16 at 08:13.
Old 2008-04-16, 12:13   Link #112
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Episode three was aired?
And now subs?
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhsssssssssss

Please sub them P L E A S E

The world is so cruel
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 12:17   Link #113
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Well the first eps is subbed.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 15:54   Link #114
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Well the first eps is subbed.
Jeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaww
Thx for that you saved my day.

Hmmm h264 or Xvid ..... I'll get both
Old 2008-04-16, 16:28   Link #115
Snuffle
likes cute things

awww... they raised the resolution for their mkv's... My com can't handle that much >_<;;.... well gotta get avi's...
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 19:43   Link #116
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
awww... they raised the resolution for their mkv's... My com can't handle that much >_<;;.... well gotta get avi's...
While my PC can handle the 1280x720 encodes I noticed that too. I wonder if it's still airing on the same station or whats going on since last season it was only 1024x576 which is just a slight upscale from standard def (which they may have done but I doubt it), sort of in between HD (which 1280x720 is) and SD.

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 10:36   Link #117
nikorai

I've already noticed some inconsistencies.
1.05. its not about 'town'. Machinozomu (待ち望む) means 'to expect'. That is she waits for spring to come.
7.37 "That's not impossible (muri mo nai). I'd say "there's a reason for that' or, better, "That's to be expected''.
15.56. Brokku-bei(ブロック塀) means a concrete wall. Basically it seems that she was almost buried under the debris.

Last edited by nikorai; 2008-04-18 at 06:20.
Old 2008-04-18, 04:44   Link #118
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

For me, the difference between D.C. II and D.C. is the characters. The characters in D.C. II were mostly either likable or interesting, so it wasn't so hard to take the whole thing seriously. As a relationship analysis, it was quite interesting. Here you had these two characters that simply weren't compatible and were looking for different things in their relationship, which caused it to slowly fall apart. It's actually a fairly unique path for a romance anime to take, since most romance anime finish with characters getting together, and not the opposite. But D.C. II was much more enjoyable and interesting than D.C. purely because of the characters; D.C. had this atrocious cast, particularly its main characters, that were just loathsome at times, which made the drama it tried to generate very difficult to take seriously.

I didn't like this first episode because there was too much in it that reminded me of D.C. The best scene in this episode was the interaction between Yoshiyuki and Koko where they discussed their finished relationship, yet, as someone pointed out before, there was this real apathy from Yoshiyuki towards Koko and what was a fairly open showing of emotion considering how she was early on in the first series. He's not starting on the right foot, in other words. I gave him the benefit of the doubt in the first series, since he was more a victim of his own kindness and obliviousness than someone who intentionally was out to hurt Koko. But that scene kinda suggested that he never really thought much about her. Which is rather sad, since there were so many events in the middle of the first season that suggest otherwise. It's either inconsistent from Yoshiyuki or inconsistent from the writers, but either way, it's uncompassionate from Yoshiyuki.

Spoiler for speculation from someone with no knowledge of the game:

Hmm.... Ultimately, I just hope Da Capo II S.S. will be more like Da Capo II than Da Capo. If that turns out to be the case, than I'll be somewhat satisfied and relieved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
As much as i love Kanon, i wouldn't really call it as anything brilliant. There is nothing inherently superior in Kanon, bar execution and much better animation quality. Sure - i found it very interesting and immensely enjoyable, but i wouldn't call it anything groundbreaking story-wise. Nor does it need to be to make for a great show.
I think I'm on the same page as you. IMO, execution is so incredibly important in this genre. Romance almost always follows essentially the same path: boy meets girl, stuff happens, and they get together at or near the end. What makes a great romance anime is basically execution and characters. If those are well done, then more often than not, the rest pretty much falls into place, even if the plot itself is passe. Which is why I think Kanon was a great anime. Even better than Clannad, which had better lead characters, IMO (but not supporting and side characters), but somewhat patchy execution at times.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 16:09   Link #119
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I didn't like this first episode because there was too much in it that reminded me of D.C. The best scene in this episode was the interaction between Yoshiyuki and Koko where they discussed their finished relationship, yet, as someone pointed out before, there was this real apathy from Yoshiyuki towards Koko and what was a fairly open showing of emotion considering how she was early on in the first series. He's not starting on the right foot, in other words. I gave him the benefit of the doubt in the first series, since he was more a victim of his own kindness and obliviousness than someone who intentionally was out to hurt Koko. But that scene kinda suggested that he never really thought much about her. Which is rather sad, since there were so many events in the middle of the first season that suggest otherwise. It's either inconsistent from Yoshiyuki or inconsistent from the writers, but either way, it's uncompassionate from Yoshiyuki.
So very true. I know a lot of people hated the YoshiXKoko pairing and disliked her as a character, but she didn't deserve that kind of treatment from a childhood friend.

By the way, were there many Akane fans out there besides me?
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 16:40   Link #120
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
So very true. I know a lot of people hated the YoshiXKoko pairing and disliked her as a character, but she didn't deserve that kind of treatment from a childhood friend.
I like Koko

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, magic, romance, school life, seinen