AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-27, 12:26   Link #341
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sea of Fragments
I was rereading the first two episodes to prepare for starting episode 3, and something interesting jumped out at me that I completely missed the first time through.

Spoiler for Beatrice gets meta:
LyricalAura is offline  
Old 2009-01-27, 16:27   Link #342
Saerianne
*cackle*
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
I was rereading the first two episodes to prepare for starting episode 3, and something interesting jumped out at me that I completely missed the first time through.

Spoiler for Beatrice gets meta:
Damn. I never noticed that. It could definitely be linked.
Saerianne is offline  
Old 2009-01-28, 17:41   Link #343
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Btw, I was wondering, since Lambdadelta means 34 in Greek, does Bernkastel mean anything? Other than being the last name of Frederica Bernkastel of course.
Bern-chan is offline  
Old 2009-01-29, 04:52   Link #344
HigurashinoUmineko
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-chan View Post
Btw, I was wondering, since Lambdadelta means 34 in Greek, does Bernkastel mean anything? Other than being the last name of Frederica Bernkastel of course.
It's the name of a wine

Possible the wine that Rika Furude drinks..

Last edited by HigurashinoUmineko; 2009-01-29 at 05:58. Reason: Well I needed to add more info
HigurashinoUmineko is offline  
Old 2009-01-29, 15:24   Link #345
Exilon
Philosopher of theories
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 22
Unless it's just a common phrase?
Although, very nice catch.
I think there's soemthing else on it, though. Could Bernkastel be hinting at that particular reference?
Exilon is offline  
Old 2009-01-30, 17:54   Link #346
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
It's the name of a wine

Possible the wine that Rika Furude drinks..
Actually, Bernkastel was a character in the Higurashi VN, though the only appearance she's ever had in the anime was in the ending of the last episode, when this "adult Rika" comes up to Takano, though this is mostly fan speculation. I don't know much about Bernkastel in Higurashi, though, since I've only read a bit of the VN and the anime didn't show much info on her.
MuzikalNotes is offline  
Old 2009-01-30, 18:51   Link #347
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzikalNotes View Post
Actually, Bernkastel was a character in the Higurashi VN, though the only appearance she's ever had in the anime was in the ending of the last episode, when this "adult Rika" comes up to Takano, though this is mostly fan speculation. I don't know much about Bernkastel in Higurashi, though, since I've only read a bit of the VN and the anime didn't show much info on her.
And like HigurashinoUmineko said, her name is also the name of the brand of wine Rika drinks... that was pretty much the answer to Bern-chan's question. =P

So both Lambdadelta and Bernkastel have names connected to the characters they were based off of. :3
__________________

momobunny is offline  
Old 2009-01-30, 19:51   Link #348
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
And like HigurashinoUmineko said, her name is also the name of the brand of wine Rika drinks... that was pretty much the answer to Bern-chan's question. =P

So both Lambdadelta and Bernkastel have names connected to the characters they were based off of. :3
Technically those chars were based off of them if you go by in-game canon, but Higurashi was most likely written before Ryuu had even thought of Umineko. but it's still possible that he had it planned too I guess, idk.
Bern-chan is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 20:54   Link #349
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Something I dislike about the dominant theory of the killer:

Spoiler for dominant theory of the killer:


Spoiler for Other:
rogerpepitone is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 22:00   Link #350
Haruyan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mexico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Something I dislike about the dominant theory of the killer:

Spoiler for dominant theory of the killer:
Spoiler:
Haruyan is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 19:54   Link #351
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I guess I wasn't clear; I disagree with the dominant theory for that reason.

General statements:
1) The characters in the story are unaware of the red text, and will not take any actions that benefit them only with additions of the red text.
2) Anything that requires an object that would not normally be found on the island, or that the person would not normally carry, must have been planned for before leaving for Rokkenjima.
3) Anything that requires moving a substantial amount of additional stuff not normally on the island probably requires an assistant who is a regular inhabitant of the island.

I'm not sure whether the door could be locked from the outside without a key, but I doubt it; it would be odd to use that kind of lock on just one door. For now, I'll assume it isn't.

From that:
Spoiler for misc:
rogerpepitone is offline  
Old 2009-04-08, 10:50   Link #352
Ankoku-chan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In my own little world...
Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Has anybody figured out what the green patch is during the Tsururettan performance? Sorry I couldn't catch the whole thing as it went by the screen.
Ankoku-chan is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 08:31   Link #353
Killerloli
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
And like HigurashinoUmineko said, her name is also the name of the brand of wine Rika drinks... that was pretty much the answer to Bern-chan's question. =P

So both Lambdadelta and Bernkastel have names connected to the characters they were based off of. :3
May I ask because I'm pretty new to Umineko but is Lambadadelta, connected to Takano?
Killerloli is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 08:37   Link #354
Ichy
It`s a miracle!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerloli View Post
May I ask because I'm pretty new to Umineko but is Lambadadelta, connected to Takano?
Spoiler for answer:
__________________
Ichy is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 13:06   Link #355
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
May I post a theory of mine which bugs me for a really loooooooong time

Spoiler:
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 13:11   Link #356
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Spoiler for episode2:
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-04-18, 13:19   Link #357
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Spoiler:
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-04-19 at 06:09.
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-04-19, 02:16   Link #358
Auria
...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catbox
Spoiler for Beato/Jessy:

Last edited by Auria; 2009-04-19 at 02:17. Reason: BB Code fail
Auria is offline  
Old 2009-04-19, 06:12   Link #359
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Spoiler for Jessy/Beato:
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-05-05, 12:49   Link #360
Seeneniit
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Estonia
Age: 24
I finished episode two last night. I feel like I didn't pay much attention to the text tough, since I was a bit confused a lot of times. I did not even try to solve the puzzles most of the time since I assumed that there is probably something that has not yet been introduced to the reader.
I really don't like the character designs for Kyrie and Battler. There are some others that I also don't like but not as much as those two. I can't take Kyrie seriously at all because of her clothes. It's just ridiculous. And Battler's trousers look really funny. At least you are not able to see them while playing the game. But I like the way that Rosa, Natsuhi and Rudolf were drawn a lot.
I also like a lot that the witchcraft is not presented in some sort of dark,evil etc. style but it is a bit cheerful, a little whimsical and pompous. Mostly because of the background music and sound effects.
I was thinking of dropping reading this in the beginning of the second part because it got too much magic involved and had too much unanswered questions. The ending even felt as if it was symbolic writing.
Seeneniit is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.