AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-07, 14:51   Link #7861
HanaeXMermaids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Not really... Satan is older than Belphegor... and the Stakes are all supposed to be the same size anyway. ^^;
Hmm that's weird then.. Deen fail for them not having the same size =O ?
Old 2010-05-08, 04:08   Link #7862
Mirena

EP 5 spoiler! Trollface.

http://reiirin.deviantart.com/art/CH...SSSS-163321709
Old 2010-05-08, 09:31   Link #7863
Tresspasser
A BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirena View Post
CHOPSTICKS!

Also, a new Tarot card.
Spoiler for The Chariot:
Old 2010-05-08, 16:23   Link #7864
~Ayane~

yeah, thats the card by KL-chan!

also one more

i would so want to collect them all :<
Old 2010-05-08, 16:56   Link #7865
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresspasser View Post
CHOPSTICKS!

Also, a new Tarot card.
Spoiler for The Chariot:
Okay confusing. Are all the Stakes considered to be the Chariot, or is just Mammon, Beelze and Asmo?

Sig by nocco
Old 2010-05-08, 17:41   Link #7866
Tresspasser
A BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Okay confusing. Are all the Stakes considered to be the Chariot, or is just Mammon, Beelze and Asmo?
I'm thinking it's just Mammon, Beelzebub and Asmodeus due to the fact that they're the strongest in the group.
The Chariot card represents honor, victory and energy,
I don't think they'd make Belphegor of Sloth represent The Chariot, and the eldest three are obviously no good.
Old 2010-05-08, 17:48   Link #7867
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
also one more

EVA is the death card? WWWhhhhaaaaaat..?

I'm sorry, but this choice makes no sense to me at all. The Death card represents change, psychological transformation, getting rid of old patterns.

EVA is Eva's young self. She's an old pattern from when she was in middle school.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see this character as having anything to do with the death card.

But then again I was expecting Kinzo as the death card since he causes a lot of the suspicions and changes in the games.
Old 2010-05-08, 18:06   Link #7868
Tresspasser
A BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
EVA is the death card? WWWhhhhaaaaaat..?

I'm sorry, but this choice makes no sense to me at all. The Death card represents change, psychological transformation, getting rid of old patterns.

EVA is Eva's young self. She's an old pattern from when she was in middle school.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see this character as having anything to do with the death card.

But then again I was expecting Kinzo as the death card since he causes a lot of the suspicions and changes in the games.
They messed up with the tarot cards, especially how Rosa came out to be the fool.
The Fool is supposed to mean infinite possibilities, innocence and blind faith.
I was really expecting it to be Ange or Bernkestel.
But then again, Death can also mean misunderstood, which suits Eva a little.
Old 2010-05-08, 18:11   Link #7869
~Ayane~

Quote:
I'm thinking it's just Mammon, Beelzebub and Asmodeus due to the fact that they're the strongest in the group.
The Chariot card represents honor, victory and energy,
I don't think they'd make Belphegor of Sloth represent The Chariot, and the eldest three are obviously no good.
huh...okay i know lucy nee can sometimes fail and Levia-nee is a big crybaby, but calling them useless is kinda harsh... its not like there a huge gap in power between all of them right?...

Quote:
doesnt it make sense if the whole point of Eva-B is CHANGE from what she was to what she wanted to be?

Quote:
They messed up with the tarot cards, especially how Rosa came out to be the fool.
didnt fool also represent the inner will and the power to act in dramatic situations?
Old 2010-05-08, 18:23   Link #7870
SilverSyko
The Anti-Otaku

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSyko
To be honest I don't really think the characters being chosen are for what the card represents but just characters that represent the name of the card itself.
Old 2010-05-08, 18:31   Link #7871
Fishcaek-Chan
Victory is taken!

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishcaek-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphie View Post
Spoiler for Kanon x Jessica (large image):
I love Kanon's puffy sleeves~♥

Old 2010-05-08, 18:32   Link #7872
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
doesnt it make sense if the whole point of Eva-B is CHANGE from what she was to what she wanted to be?
No because EVA is just her 13 year old "angry at the world" self in a purple victorian dress. No change at all.

Quote:
didnt fool also represent the inner will and the power to act in dramatic situations?
They REALLY messed up on the fool. The fool is mostly reserved for protagonists. As it involves taking risks and making leaps of faith. Kinzo or Battler would be better suited for the fool card than Rosa.

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Foo...nterpretations
In many esoteric systems of interpretation, the Fool is usually interpreted as the protagonist of a story, and the Major Arcana is the path the Fool takes through the great mysteries of life and the main human archetypes. This path is known traditionally in Tarot as the Fool´s Journey, and is frequently used to introduce the meaning of Major Arcana cards to beginners.[7]
The fool was even called "The Alchemist" at one point. Bet you didn't know that.
Old 2010-05-08, 18:37   Link #7873
~Ayane~

Quote:
They REALLY messed up on the fool. The fool is mostly reserved for protagonists. As it involves taking risks and making leaps of faith. Kinzo or Battler would be better suited for the fool card.
lol, maybe thats a tips....and whatever thats their interpretation its not like they completely missed the point of the card, some fool's feature matches Rosa...

Quote:
No because EVA is just her 13 year old "woah is me" self in a purple victorian dress. No change at all.
if there wasnt any change the whole point of Banquet wouldnt exist, i think that card matches Eva beato really well
Old 2010-05-08, 18:40   Link #7874
Tresspasser
A BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
They REALLY messed up on the fool. The fool is mostly reserved for protagonists.
Exactly what I thought too.
But other than that, I think we should get off the topic.
Spoiler for Battler-Episode 5 (Just the cape):
Old 2010-05-08, 18:46   Link #7875
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
if there wasnt any change the whole point of Banquet wouldnt exist, i think that card matches Eva beato really well
That's not the kind of change it means though. The Death card is about the end of something and the start of something new. In other words Loss. It doesn't often mean physical death, but it can mean that people will distance themselves from you or that a relationship with a lover or a best friend will end or something like that. Gaining a title at a banquet would have nothing to do with it.

I don't see EVA as the Death because she stems from her young self. She's something the present Eva already grew out of.

The chariot card makes a little bit of sense though, but I thought Hideyoshi or Genji would be better choices. Maybe they just want to use up the fantasy characters.
Old 2010-05-08, 18:47   Link #7876
Tonni

u-uh, hey guys 8D Total noob here, showcasing some art /shot
Durp. yeah. just because people here are epic. 8D
kekekeke, i'm breaking into your conversation here. yaaay off-topic *flails*

waaaaah, is this how we do it? *angsting over image links*
UH. LET'S JUST TRY IT OUT AND SEE WTF HAPPENS 8D /shot
Spoiler for Art~~ kinda big. or at least one of them is 8D;; :

durp i had a beatrice art with blood and stuff too. but too huge plz and too noob to figure out how to make it easier to handle. yikes that crap was big X'D

uh. might post more later. i have lots X'D
*cough*
I shall vanish, then. 8D
Old 2010-05-08, 18:53   Link #7877
Tresspasser
A BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonni View Post
u-uh, hey guys 8D Total noob here, showcasing some art /shot
Durp. yeah. just because people here are epic. 8D
kekekeke, i'm breaking into your conversation here. yaaay off-topic *flails*

waaaaah, is this how we do it? *angsting over image links*
UH. LET'S JUST TRY IT OUT AND SEE WTF HAPPENS 8D /shot
Spoiler for Art~~ kinda big. or at least one of them is 8D;; :

durp i had a beatrice art with blood and stuff too. but too huge plz and too noob to figure out how to make it easier to handle. yikes that crap was big X'D

uh. might post more later. i have lots X'D
*cough*
I shall vanish, then. 8D
Nice fanart.
The Dlanor one is really nice, the only thing that bothers me is her arms, it looks like her arms were just swords, but great job other than that!
I'd love to see your Beatrice fanart.
Old 2010-05-08, 19:00   Link #7878
Tonni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresspasser View Post
Nice fanart.
The Dlanor one is really nice, the only thing that bothers me is her arms, it looks like her arms were just swords, but great job other than that!
I'd love to see your Beatrice fanart.
thanks~~

waah, about her arms, yes I know xD;;; meep. The pic is quite old now... I know that's a horrid excuse, but hey. I need to blame it on something. *shot*
ALL HAIL DLANOR SWORDARMS

Regarding beato art, it might pop up some day x'D maybe in form of a dA link or even a resized ver. oooh. *jazzhands*
Once I get some sleep. Oloololo 2 AM plz.
Old 2010-05-08, 19:02   Link #7879
~Ayane~

Quote:
That's not the kind of change it means though. The Death card is about the end of something and the start of something new. In other words Loss. It doesn't often mean physical death, but it can mean that people will distance themselves from you or that a relationship with a lover or a best friend will end or something like that. Gaining a title at a banquet would have nothing to do with it.

yes i also wasnt thinking of erm...death itself. but doesnt Eva B's seperating herself from Eva fit into "end of a relationship"? and all this stuff about her changing from mere "inner self" into something she always wanted to be, achieving something and what she always repeated to Eva: "im not you anymore, im a person on my own now" or something like that....that all makes me think it really suits her....and the problem is excatly this, i think, you see her as just past part of Eva not somebody different
Old 2010-05-08, 19:20   Link #7880
Judoh
Mystery buff

It's really just my opinion that EVA shouldn't be the Death card considering what I know about it.

I don't think she could represent the Death card relationship wise unless you mean metaphorically. I don't really see much of a reason for her to be the death card other than "OMG WE GOTS TO USE THE FANTASY CHARACTERS FOR FAN SERVICE". And your reasons don't help.

There were plenty of better choices IMHO
Closed Thread