AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-28, 16:14   Link #221
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
HmmmÖ

Spoiler for nothing much:
It's not so bad you can't watch it, but it is best not to expect it to be as good as the first two seasons, story... and song-wise (the OP has some mysterious little creepy dance...). If you are curious about how they plan to continue the series, you might as well watch it.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 17:20   Link #222
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think ep. 4 was complex.

Spoiler for ep.4:
Old 2008-10-28, 18:31   Link #223
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I asked a little ago about which fansub group should be top choice for this but I decided to compare them all myself, hope no one minds (watch me getting hated for this, tehehe).

Here are some comparison shots from 1st episode:

Spoiler for Intro Shots:

*Quality & Size: I really see no contest here, Aero clearly seems to have the upper hand in both. Both pics were taken at their 100% resolution, and even though Aero's version is clearly bigger at very clear picture, it's still 5Mb (179Mb) smaller than Yuurisan's (174Mb). Well, there's no need to talk, you can see above and below to compare quality, lol.

Spoiler for Karaoke Shots:

*Karaoke: Here's Yuurisan with the clear advantage. Not only do they have the song in Kana but also have prettier animations.

Spoiler for Mid Shot:

Spoiler for Ending Shots:

*Translation: My Japanese isn't great, in fact, it's below average, however, even I was able to find some mistranslation. Inside the episode, translation comparison were minors, not something someone like me would be able to explain much, lol. There were a few sentences by Yuurisan that I found hard to understand (english sentences of course, lol) where Aero's version seemed seemed simpler. I'll just say both were good I suppose.

As for AoShen who's also subbing this... Just like bayoab said, do not even both. I downloaded their mkv softsubbed version @~135Mb, plain horrible. Karaoke was hard to read as hell. Quality was not higher than average and translation seemed mediocre at some points. I would have taken shots of it too but for some reason I can't take shots of softsubbed episodes, it would just show up as normal raw screenshots. And there's their hardsub version, I was stuck at 6.4% for an ENTIRE day! Wth is up with that? ONLY 1 seed and 200+ leechs. I was like "screw it" and dropped it.

**I also have to mention that both AoShen and Aero are done with episode 4 and Yuurisan still stuck on 1.

~~~I'm still in shock that after almost a month of no subs, 3 groups come out of the blue to sub it, tehehe, not something to complain though I guess...

Last edited by Mega-Japan; 2008-10-30 at 14:31.
Mega-Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 19:28   Link #224
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
*Translation: My Japanese isn't great, in fact, it's below average, however, even I was able to find some mistranslation. [...] Inside the episode, translation comparison were minors, not something someone like me would be able to explain much, lol. There were a few sentences by Yuurisan that I found hard to understand (english sentences of course, lol) where Aero's version seemed seemed simpler. I'll just say both were good I suppose..
The best way to explain the translation differences is this:
On one hand, you have a group who usually has the subs conveying the idea properly, but missing details at times. There are some lines that are entirely wrong but they are relatively uncommon.
On the other hand, you have a group who usually has the subs right in a more literal way, but sometimes add details that never existed in the first place or misses the point. They have lines wrong due to both translation (incorrect) and, more commonly, timing issues (wrong line/missing line).

Spoiler for Which group is which?:
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 19:42   Link #225
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
On one hand, you have a group who usually has the subs conveying the idea properly, but missing details at times. There are some lines that are entirely wrong but they are relatively uncommon.
On the other hand, you have a group who usually has the subs right in a more literal way, but sometimes add details that never existed in the first place or misses the point. They have lines wrong due to both translation (incorrect) and, more commonly, timing issues (wrong line/missing line).
I agree, and that's why I didn't exactly pointed which one was better at that. Just pointed out what was highlighted to me. I remember reading from maiwaifu that their karaoke was 100% ear so it is indeed expected to have errors and whatnot.

Quote:
Eh, better yet, bigger picture = Aero, smaller = Yuurisan, tehehe.
Old 2008-10-28, 20:03   Link #226
orion

Actually since this is an Aniplex title, the concern should be which group and/or tracker will BayTSP be successful in singling out to pummel the downloaders into submission first and which translation is the better one second.

Comparing different fansub groups for this one only increases your chances of getting caught.
Old 2008-10-28, 21:28   Link #227
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

As a person who practices Kendo, episode 4 really has me scratching my head.
Between the two, Takeru (that was the young kid's name, right?) has me facepalming like the fist of the north star.

Btw, school nurse is totally what's-her-face (Hajime's daughter) from the first season. I guarantee it.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 22:02   Link #228
orion

If that is her, then it's one hell of a timeskip.
Old 2008-10-28, 22:09   Link #229
beanbrew
Seitenkan's Warmonger

Send a message via AIM to beanbrew
Quote:

If you give me some examples, I'll see whether that was me, my TL, or someone from Mt. Yuuri. I think I found that some things flowed better when switched so I switched them.
beanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 22:10   Link #230
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Btw, school nurse is totally what's-her-face (Hajime's daughter) from the first season. I guarantee it.
Well, there is definitely the possibility...
But if she is Tsugumi, that'd be way too much of a time skip... And what happened to Hajime after all? Hotaru? Takuma? The idiot adults of Lovely (laugh) Hills?

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 22:24   Link #231
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I stand by my whacky theory.
I have more:
- Hajime died a broken man, Tsugumi's life journey is finding out what went down at granny's
- Tsugumi still maintains the link to Enma Ai, though it probably isn't as extreme as... errm... whatever her name is this time around.
- The shota from Revengeville, Japan in the second season is now some badass paranormal investigator with a rag-tag group consisting of a Shinto priestess, medium, Buddhist priest, Catholic priest, his ghost-controlling assistant, and a random high school girOH SHI-
Old 2008-10-28, 23:43   Link #232
HandofFate

Just finishd the 3rd episode.
ARGH!

Spoiler for episode 3 thoughts:
Old 2008-10-28, 23:56   Link #233
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Just finishd the 3rd episode.
ARGH!

Spoiler for episode 3 thoughts:

With 3 episodes so far (haven't watched 4 yet), I am wondering if they hired a different screenwriter or something.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 03:09   Link #234
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I think you have it nailed, but this episode was really one that was out of the series' writer's normal. For the first time ever, the show actually bordered on what could be described as "nonsensical".

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome
I checked the seiyuu info site the other day and didnt find her name there, may be they havent updated yet.

well, if it is her, then I will be happier
The site is definitely updated for episode four and the official site does not list anything about her. If she keeps appearing, maybe this theory will hold water, but otherwise it is probably untrue. Unlike Yuzuki, she is not listed as a recurring character.

Remember that this show goes through an insane amount of voice actors and therefore this would mean one of two things.
Either a) it may be that character or b) she was available and her character is probably not coming back this season.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 06:10   Link #235
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Jigoku Shojo runs on celebrity guest stars. So, nothing strange there.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 06:14   Link #236
Thingle
Banned

If it's Tsugumi, then the producers did a massive technology fail. How come they use the same technology as the the first season (PC's Mp3's etc), given that it takes at least ten years for her body to mature? Maybe they should watch Mnemosyne.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 06:39   Link #237
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Spoiler for ep.4:
The guy didn't deserve it though. Fighting people who aren't armed is one thing, but fighting someone armed is another. I've been through a situation where I had to use a lethal object to defend myself and it's TOTALLY different from fighting someone barefisted. There's a real element of terror there. And for saving the kid's life overall, just for the upperclassman to be exposed if a bit slightly, I think it's extreme. I wouldn't even compare the kid to Shinji. He is just an illogical lunatic that's all. And a chronic loser and a worm. He digs into another lifestyle and just takes the turn all the same almost on a whim.

Speaking of 'nonsensical', I never thought most Jigoku Shoujo scenarios were realistic at all... Usually, people would balk if they realize they're going to hell for revenge, you'd think. I think the creators of the anime are more interested in showing the most twisted tales of backwards logic in regards to the vengeance. And so far, season 3 didn't disappoint. It's as silly and outrageous as it rightly should be.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 07:20   Link #238
beanbrew
Seitenkan's Warmonger

Send a message via AIM to beanbrew
Alright, responding to complaints...

Spoiler for Said complaints:

00:05 - I'll refer you over here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=138. As for the possible complaint that his interpretation is less likely, it is a poem.
05:02 - Yeah, but I only included it for the lulz.
05:36 - Wait... Are you complaining that we get a pun and the message, but that we didn't use the same grammatical structure as the original Japanese?
06:41 - Suing is filing a complaint.
07:15 - I seem to remember this being correct, but you're right. In the release, there's a problem. Apparently, we lost a line during the timing or something.
12:43 - I don't actually know the nuances of "所". I'll ask my TL.
14:16 - No there isn't.
17:44 - I'm surprised that you didn't complain that the sub didn't say 'ronin'. Dropout and unemployed are both inaccurate. Dropout is the closest thing we have to 'ronin' and my TL just said that the unemployed part was the implication. Either you add some words or you lose some meaning.
22:48 - Probably my fault here. Got it confused with the 張らせぬ怨み line.
beanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 07:42   Link #239
NickelXenon

Most people that get sent to hell in Jigoku Shoujo don't deserve it. Sure they're assholes, but not really worthy of being sent to hell. I mean, seriously? Learn to work through your problems a normal way. I was really looking foward to this season and while I love the music, visuals, and Ai in general, I'm getting a little bored. I want them to get to some real plot, the stuff with Ai and Yuzuki, not more "I can't deal with my problems so I'll damn my soul and someone else's instead."
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 09:30   Link #240
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
The guy didn't deserve it though. Fighting people who aren't armed is one thing, but fighting someone armed is another. I've been through a situation where I had to use a lethal object to defend myself and it's TOTALLY different from fighting someone barefisted. There's a real element of terror there. And for saving the kid's life overall, just for the upperclassman to be exposed if a bit slightly, I think it's extreme. I wouldn't even compare the kid to Shinji. He is just an illogical lunatic that's all. And a chronic loser and a worm. He digs into another lifestyle and just takes the turn all the same almost on a whim.

Speaking of 'nonsensical', I never thought most Jigoku Shoujo scenarios were realistic at all... Usually, people would balk if they realize they're going to hell for revenge, you'd think. I think the creators of the anime are more interested in showing the most twisted tales of backwards logic in regards to the vengeance. And so far, season 3 didn't disappoint. It's as silly and outrageous as it rightly should be.
Yeah, at the end of it, I just thought it was pretty silly. I've done several martial arts over the years, but when scary stuff happens (ie. a friend disguises himself and pretends to mug us) I run the hell away. You tend to forget that stuff when your in an unfamiliar situation, so it's understandable if you freeze up or something.
But I think we should already be used to the over-dramatic reactions to situations (I mean, look at the first episode) - this IS Jigoku SHoujo.

That Takeru dude doesn't deserve the right to be called a kendoka! Not even a former kendoka!

Tags
supernatural