AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-01, 15:22   Link #261
NickelXenon

Ai needs some kind of PDA or something. Then she can keep track of all the people that want requests. Remember in the second season where everyone went all trigger happy with the website and started sending each other to hell like every five minutes? If she'd had a PDA, she could have kept better track of everything. ^_~
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 19:02   Link #262
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
That's one thing, the website is extremely popular, the traffic for it must be huge, people must be wanting to send each other to hell by the minute, this HAS to limit Ai and her servants "spying" on their "customers" and just going straight and kill them just so they can go to the next customer that is waiting.

And while we're talking about the site, make me wonder if the Japanese government never even bothered trying to close it down or see whose provider it was. They discovered Kira's actions in death note within day yet here years and years go by and all we see is a journalist "suspecting" something.

The little mark on their chest HAS to hint somebody or something, it would have to be common sense by then what that mark means. And it's on the chest, not on the butt so it can't be hided that easy. It could be modified by doing some tattoo work on top of it though.
Old 2008-11-01, 19:27   Link #263
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Geez... Schools really can be crap in anime, huh... Like ef's zero-security school or Shigofumi's school...

Spoiler for ep5:
Yes, this episode was very satisfying.

Spoiler for episode 5:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 23:59   Link #264
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
That's one thing, the website is extremely popular, the traffic for it must be huge, people must be wanting to send each other to hell by the minute, this HAS to limit Ai and her servants "spying" on their "customers" and just going straight and kill them just so they can go to the next customer that is waiting.

And while we're talking about the site, make me wonder if the Japanese government never even bothered trying to close it down or see whose provider it was. They discovered Kira's actions in death note within day yet here years and years go by and all we see is a journalist "suspecting" something.

The little mark on their chest HAS to hint somebody or something, it would have to be common sense by then what that mark means. And it's on the chest, not on the butt so it can't be hided that easy. It could be modified by doing some tattoo work on top of it though.
You're right. She must have a ton of traffic, but how can she be at more than one place at once? We haven't seen that power. Sure she can like teleport...but I doubt it's the same as being in multiple places at once. I don't think the government can take down the site. I mean, it only comes on at midnight and your hatred has to be strong enough to connect doesn't it?
Old 2008-11-02, 00:06   Link #265
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelXenon View Post
You're right. She must have a ton of traffic, but how can she be at more than one place at once? We haven't seen that power. Sure she can like teleport...but I doubt it's the same as being in multiple places at once. I don't think the government can take down the site. I mean, it only comes on at midnight and your hatred has to be strong enough to connect doesn't it?
More than one place at once? It's a possibility, she's Jigoku Shoujo after all, but we haven't seen such thing, now have we? And well, as for the government taking down the site, they could "use" someone to access the site at midnight, just like that guy was used to call Jigoku Shoujo in the Jigoku Shounen episode. And well, someone locate the servers (which I suppose is in Ai's house?) or something >.>?

Also, another thing I've noticed, all the servants are ninjas. The can use Henge no Jutsu whenever they feel like it, use Kawarimi no Jutsu when Ai ask them for the straw dolls and they use Genjutsu for all the hallucinations, punishments and that weird eye... Plus they always get ANY job they want in order to research the avengers...

Last edited by Mega-Japan; 2008-11-02 at 00:45.
Mega-Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 01:20   Link #266
bayoab

Quote:
There are, in reality, websites that "exist" on the internet, but outsiders can't see them or find them.

Quote:
Have they ever shown someone not related to Enma Ai or the viewer seeing that mark? The people hide it as if it is visible, but I don't seem to recall it ever being asked "What is that" outside of S1 and that only Tsugumi and co could see it.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 01:51   Link #267
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Have they ever shown someone not related to Enma Ai or the viewer seeing that mark? The people hide it as if it is visible, but I don't seem to recall it ever being asked "What is that" outside of S1 and that only Tsugumi and co could see it.
Well then we'll say that the Jigoku Tsushin is one of these "mystery" website, and I'm once again surprised, I didn't know Ai was so talented at programming/hacking/webmastering >_>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Don't you remember? At the end of Futakomori Yamawaro see that guy's mark when they wanted to kill him? Years pass in this story, the whole "Jigoku Shoujo" thing MUST be spread through out all Japan and that mark should have become common sense, it is impossible that so many people, perhaps hundreds or even thousands to use the contract, have that mark and have no one notice. What about their mates? Or when they dress in bikini and whatnot? It should be all common sense by now.
Old 2008-11-02, 07:34   Link #268
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelXenon View Post
I wonder abouut that, at the end of the second season, when everyone was sending everyone to hell, sometime the hatred seemed rather low.
ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 10:38   Link #269
NickelXenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I wonder abouut that, at the end of the second season, when everyone was sending everyone to hell, sometime the hatred seemed rather low.
I know it seemed like they were sending each other to hell for nothing, but they seemed pretty serious about it. And if they were willing to give up their soul for it, I'd guess they hated the person that much. It probably seems like something petty to send someone to hell over, but meh, to each their own.
Old 2008-11-02, 18:52   Link #270
beanbrew
Seitenkan's Warmonger

Send a message via AIM to beanbrew
Hmm... Shinsen released EP 1.
beanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 21:13   Link #271
bayoab

Quote:
Don't you remember? At the end of Futakomori Yamawaro see that guy's mark when they wanted to kill him?
I would think he would be classified as "connected" to Enma Ai from what I remember of the season since she kept showing up around him without him having a doll. Same with the girl who got pulled into the jar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Hmm... Shinsen released EP 1.
(Exactly when they said they would, ~4 weeks after the original airing date.)

and from earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
05:36 - What would you suggest? Screw the nuance.
06:41 - Filing a complaint is legal action. Check Rule 3 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
I probably wouldn't actually put this in a sub but something like "The Tange bug - annoyzzz" (Trying to figure out a good word to work in a bug sound since it's supposed to be a SFX)

As for the complaint, it says that you are filing it with an actual court system with the FRCP. When you sue, you are taking action within the law and the US court system. I can file a complaint with the school board or administration as to a teacher's actions and it is a matter with the school administration, not a legal matter.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 22:47   Link #272
Frozen_Angel
Gothy Lesbian from Hell

I was wondering when someone gets a min, could they possibly do an avatar of Yuzuki dancing in opening credits, possibly cut out a lot of the background and show only her, she and her dance is so cute. Thanks
Old 2008-11-02, 23:31   Link #273
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

lol Shinsen went subbing mode for this... that's 5 subbing groups now.

I may be wrong but beanbrew, didn't you say you were subbing the series until Shinsen took over?

Last edited by Mega-Japan; 2008-11-03 at 01:30.
Old 2008-11-03, 07:40   Link #274
beanbrew
Seitenkan's Warmonger

Quote:
lol Shinsen went subbing mode for this... that's 5 subbing groups now.

I may be wrong but beanbrew, didn't you say you were subbing the series until Shinsen took over?
That was my plan, but now I feel obligated to Mt. Yuuri.
Old 2008-11-03, 17:29   Link #275
Tiberium Wolf

Ok... watched ep 1. Something is wrong. OP and ED music didn't feel like Jigoku Shoujo. OP animation included too. I still don't understand what's the deal with Yuzuki.
Old 2008-11-03, 21:10   Link #276
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Yuzuki can sometimes see things that happen around Emma Ai,similiar
to what Tsugami experience in first season.But the connection between Yuzuki
and Ai appears to be much stronger.

Ai means "Love",Emma means "Judgement from underworld"
Old 2008-11-03, 21:30   Link #277
beanbrew
Seitenkan's Warmonger

Ai only means love if it's 愛。 It could also be 藍 (indigo), 鮎 (sweetfish), or 合い (accomplice).
Old 2008-11-04, 02:29   Link #278
Tiberium Wolf

I thought Ai had possessed Yuzuki body or something.
Old 2008-11-04, 06:59   Link #279
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Indigo is "aoi". Anyway, I wonder if the manga will borrow any stories from this series.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 07:20   Link #280
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Indigo is "aoi". Anyway, I wonder if the manga will borrow any stories from this series.
"Aoi" would be simply "blue" [青い] while just [蒼] specifies indigo.

It sux how the only group up to date is Aero and I just don't like them so I watch the raws where I can get confused at times >_<

Last edited by Mega-Japan; 2008-11-04 at 08:19.

Tags
supernatural