AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-15, 14:38   Link #361
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifan View Post
Spoiler for episode 9:
Spoiler for ep9:
Yes, Tome is the maid and Haruka is the adventurous classmate who will be married at 16 and wants to get as much adventure in before that as possible. Tome is played by Satomi Arai, who was Kozue-chan in Mahoraba, and Haruka is played by Satou Rina, who plays Negi in Negima.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 14:45   Link #362
nanafan
horo fan

married at 16?? may i ask why? is it because she is rich or something?

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 15:55   Link #363
yurifan

yea, rich people is always like that
Old 2008-06-15, 18:43   Link #364
nanafan
horo fan

i guess i shouldn't be surprised lol. i still think that researcher woman looks like she was from an earlier episode, i am not sure why.
i also don't trust the fat detective, he seems to be in the case for the fame and money.

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
Old 2008-06-15, 18:58   Link #365
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

The fat detective has always seemed to be the type who succeeds through dumb luck and association with the main characters, and is eager to take any credit for what they do. Pretty common in a lot of shows, I think.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 20:53   Link #366
nanafan
horo fan

yeah that's true i want to know what happened to that guy to make him end up like that(robot guy) i was also shocked that him and the woman weren't chiko's enemies i thought they would be, but i was fooled i guess

Old 2008-06-15, 20:56   Link #367
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

We don't know that they aren't yet; it's possible that they're just neutral characters for now, possibly helping or hindering Chiko in the future. Sort of like I'd imagine Akechi would be.

Right now, I can't really safely assume anyone outside of Chiko, Tome, and Haruka to be protagonists.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 23:53   Link #368
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
It's Shunka, guys, not Haruka ^^;

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 02:59   Link #369
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
It's Shunka, guys, not Haruka ^^; -Tofu
...as spoken just before 3:30 of ep9. Thanks, Tofusensei. In this case, 春華is pronounced Shunka, not Haruka.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 09:58   Link #370
yurifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep9:
Yes, Tome is the maid and Haruka is the adventurous classmate who will be married at 16 and wants to get as much adventure in before that as possible. Tome is played by Satomi Arai, who was Kozue-chan in Mahoraba, and Haruka is played by Satou Rina, who plays Negi in Negima.
aww, you've read the manga? i can't find it near my place. manga is not popular here do you understand japanese? if you do, i think u understand episode 9, i just wanna know what ken's just said to himself.
Old 2008-06-16, 10:04   Link #371
Ghostfriendly

Ep 8 was certaintly one of the best yet. I'm uncertain about how the series is shying away from even mentioning the full extent of Japanese war crimes, in which experiments on rats did not prominently feature.

Is a show in this period obliged to deal with such serious issues? Would it be too flipant to try to describe them in an action-adventure story?
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 10:10   Link #372
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
With the revelations of episode 8. Its safe to say the year is in a parallel world later than 1945. Since the Japanese didn't get involved with any wars aside from WWII.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 10:15   Link #373
Ghostfriendly

I didn't mean that it was unusual that war crimes didn't feature diractly in the plot, just that the discussion of them felt a little restrained.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 10:23   Link #374
Access

I think of things more from the character standpoint. Like after ep. 8 we can finally place all the characters in the ED. That was the big thing for me. For the first five episodes every time I saw the ED I would think, other than Chiko, 'who are these people?' Realism kinda went out the door in the submarine episode. The backstory / history seems more to be made up on the spot rather than anything deep or coherent. Late postwar period, the war is still fresh in most people's memories, but the economy seems fine and it seems more like a WWI type of war (fought in the field) rather than WWII where whole cities were reduced to ruins and had to be rebuilt.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 14:24   Link #375
Meirin
Locked Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifan View Post
... ep 9, i just wanna know what ken's just said to himself.
I thought I'd jump in and answer your question regarding Ken's thoughts in Episode 9:
Spoiler for Episode 9:

From the preview for episode 10 it seems that:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2008-06-16, 17:01   Link #376
nanafan
horo fan

this is a dumb question if it's after ww2 then why do they talk about ww1 they call it the great war. i wonder if those girls will associate with chiko after what happened, i know shunka will be happy to be friends with her, but the others i am not sure.

Old 2008-06-16, 17:27   Link #377
Hawkeye7513

They may call it the great war, but I don't think Japan was involved in WW1 so their great war would be ww2
Hawkeye7513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 18:16   Link #378
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Yeah, you have to realize how long Japan was involved in WWII. They invaded Korea in 1905 after the Russo-Japanese war (which they won) and then Manchuria in 1931 is when things starting getting really batty. If you want an interesting read, check out the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.

Their version of the "war" lasted for quite a bit longer than America's experience in WWII.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 20:01   Link #379
nanafan
horo fan

oh yeah i forgot about that, lol, duh. to them ww2 would be big since everything was destroyed during it. what i also wonder if her uncle knew how bad it was for chiko living with that aunt why didn't he take her to live with him? i hope that her stupid aunt dies soon, can't stand her at all.

Old 2008-06-17, 06:58   Link #380
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
Yeah, you have to realize how long Japan was involved in WWII. They invaded Korea in 1905 after the Russo-Japanese war (which they won) and then Manchuria in 1931 is when things starting getting really batty. If you want an interesting read, check out the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.

Their version of the "war" lasted for quite a bit longer than America's experience in WWII.

-Tofu
Hmm. Good point. Makes sense why it's called 'The Great War' in that sense. I hear the gears of war has been turning since late 1800's to early 1900's in Eastern Asia and that seems to coincide pretty well.

Almost makes me wonder just how far the European conflagration since WW1 has really carried over to WW2. Though obviously not directly connective as the Eastern Asian 'unification' efforts by Japan. I wonder what exactly is Twenty Faces' agenda against it though. That latest episode almost reminded me of Full Metal Alchemist with all the war research with freakish body modifications and an armor to suit.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, maturation, seinen, shounen