AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-13, 02:07   Link #161
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellaya_dw View Post
Me too
Spoiler for thoughts:
Mighty reason why the OP sounds so ominous for Chiko, in a way.

The possible exit of him will most probably pave way for Chiko to start doing her thing, though, which is not that much of a bad thing.
Old 2008-05-13, 06:40   Link #162
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
The possible exit of him will most probably pave way for Chiko to start doing her thing, though, which is not that much of a bad thing.
Not at all, especially when i could see this happening after the first episode. I just hope the story gives us a good enough reason for his departure from the story.
Old 2008-05-13, 14:22   Link #163
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Having read ahead in the manga, I'm not going to make any comments about future events. But here is an animated gif that showed up on 2channel of a scene that is probably in episode 6, or maybe 7. In itself, it may not be that much of a spoiler, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway. I'm not sure where it's from, since I haven't been able to find a trailer for future episodes yet.
Spoiler for ep6 or 7?:
And I just looked at the credits for the past episodes, and the writers' names jump right out at you: they are among the best-known writers in anime. This ep was written by Yoshida Reiko (Scrapped Princess, Marimite, Saiunkoku). Episode four was written by the lead writer, Tsuchiya Rikei (Major, KimiKiss), and episode three was written by Takahashi Natsuko (Blue Drop, Moyashimon). Not too shabby. They are staying true to the manga, but ironing out some of its kinks.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-05-13 at 15:36.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 18:57   Link #164
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

Now that's dangerous! lol
Old 2008-05-13, 20:39   Link #165
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I must have the biggest smile ever on my face during the 'family' scenes with the group. Just seeing them all act like a family makes me happy, joking around and all that.

I wasn't expected Tiger to appear again, though i guess we could say it's the beginning of something huge. Gotta love the freaky ending.
Old 2008-05-14, 00:56   Link #166
Skyw4lker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I wasn't expected Tiger to appear again, though i guess we could say it's the beginning of something huge. Gotta love the freaky ending.
Yeah, the ending was more powerful than a 1000 words
Skyw4lker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 02:46   Link #167
Slice of Life
eyewitness

The ending scene was probably the scene I disliked most so far. I have nothing against an anime about a gang of robbers where all is fun and games and no real harm is being done. But when you stray from that path then be honest.

Point is: Chiko took the villian role by betraying Angie. That is where the path of fun and games was left as far as her character is concerned. I expected to see Angie crying in her final scene. But that would probably have set part of the audience against Chiko so they decided for this yandere grimace. Pretty manipulative.
Old 2008-05-14, 08:01   Link #168
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I wonder if that was just random or Angie is going to play a part later on. The creepy face took me by surprise. It kind of occur to me that she deliberately showed Chico the backdoor.. or am I thinking too much?
Old 2008-05-14, 08:22   Link #169
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
I wonder if that was just random or Angie is going to play a part later on. The creepy face took me by surprise. It kind of occur to me that she deliberately showed Chico the backdoor.. or am I thinking too much?
At the moment it's hard to say. She could be working with Tiger, or someone we won't see until a later time in the story. I haven't seen the preview for next episode, though there is a chance that this story will continue. Maybe it'll even have something to do with Twenty Faces' leaving.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:15   Link #170
Reihn
Yuri Vision Activate!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Reihn
She's probably working with Tiger. I like Twenty-Faces' personality... I'm only hoping that this series won't turn into another Daddy Long Legs kind of story (which made me shiver btw. I f****** hate that show).

I'm more interested about the ED. Who are the girls she's with? Why Detective Girls when Chiko is currently being trained as a thief? Does this mean that she's going to be a detective to search for Twenty Faces when he disappears? I hope not, being an anti-hero suits her so well ;_;
Reihn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 09:39   Link #171
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reihn View Post
I'm more interested about the ED. Who are the girls she's with?
If you look back, one of the girls from the ED was shown at her foster parents place as a maid.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:45   Link #172
nanafan
horo fan

episode 5 was great, i was taken by surprise by angie, i shouldn't have though since it happened before in an earlier episode. i really like the action in this show.

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 12:21   Link #173
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
The ending scene was probably the scene I disliked most so far. I have nothing against an anime about a gang of robbers where all is fun and games and no real harm is being done. But when you stray from that path then be honest. Point is: Chiko took the villian role by betraying Angie. That is where the path of fun and games was left as far as her character is concerned. I expected to see Angie crying in her final scene. But that would probably have set part of the audience against Chiko so they decided for this yandere grimace. Pretty manipulative.
One of the things I liked most about episode 5 was the way they showed some of Chiko's dark side. Chiko is not just a normal nice girl, but the tough survivor of her aunt's prolonged attempt at murder.

I loved that she was so pi**ed off when the newspaper referred to her as a child; how curt she was with her "family"; and especially the way she flicked the paper -- which comes straight out of the manga. By the way, it looks as if her English has improved, too.

That she felt she had to betray her new friend in the interests of her family seemed beautifully human and complex: the reality of a life of crime, and the reality of a girl who has nothing but her criminal family. And I appreciated how obliquely they portrayed her feelings and Nijuumensou's perceptiveness.

It's true that the heists up to this point had harmed only "pigs," but I don't feel this show has been just "fun and games" at any point, beginning with episode one. And I think a lot of things in this episode are hints of darkness: Chiko's anger, her near-miss, Ken's situation, the theft of an archaeological treasure, Chiko's willingness to avenge. There are things here that may begin to explain why this show is on at an adult time of day rather than a children's time.

By the way, the "yandere grimace" (nice expression) comes straight from the manga.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:27   Link #174
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wow. It's like every episode is a timeskip!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 15:20   Link #175
Irkalla
I asked for this

Ep. 5 was teh awesomeness.
I'm wondering though, does that girl Angie got something to do with Tora?
Like it could be the same relationship as Chiko and Nijuu Mensou?
Could she be referring to Tora as her "father"?
So many questions XD
I don't want Nijuu Mensou to go
Old 2008-05-15, 06:32   Link #176
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
The ending scene was probably the scene I disliked most so far. I have nothing against an anime about a gang of robbers where all is fun and games and no real harm is being done. But when you stray from that path then be honest.

Point is: Chiko took the villian role by betraying Angie. That is where the path of fun and games was left as far as her character is concerned. I expected to see Angie crying in her final scene. But that would probably have set part of the audience against Chiko so they decided for this yandere grimace. Pretty manipulative.
Ep 5

I thought the exact same thing at that scene. They took the easy way out by making Angie evil, since now there's no compulsion (at least from the audience's perspective) for Chiko to deal with the fact that she's betrayed someone she befriended.

Other than that, good episode, but they've kinda passed up an opportunity for good drama by making Chiko the good guy in this instance, independent of what she did to Angie.

I thought Chiko pouting over the newspapers calling her a child was very interesting. It's another aspect to her character, one that they're doing a pretty good job of building and developing so far.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 17:15   Link #177
GreatTeacherKen

This episode felt pretty ominous. Besides the whole Angie thing, there was Ken actually murdering someone even though Nijuu Mensou warned four episods prior against doing something like that.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 19:37   Link #178
nanafan
horo fan

i was shocked that ken was willing to do that

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 19:59   Link #179
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
i was shocked that ken was willing to do that
He's shown a few times in the past that he was ready to kill someone. I'll be shocked if him killing this guy won't play a part in his development at some point in this series.
Old 2008-05-16, 00:21   Link #180
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

does that mean that Ken will be an antagonist,or merely someone who aims to be "stronger" by actually murdering someone?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, maturation, seinen, shounen