AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-31, 20:55   Link #1
ShinigamiRukia
Ketchup Drinker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In my room.
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to ShinigamiRukia
Anti Adware?

I think there's ad ware in my computer, any program can get rid of it?
__________________

Thanks mangalowres for the avatar ^^
Thanks vandakiara
for the sig. ^^
ShinigamiRukia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 21:19   Link #2
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: This is FLORIDAAAAAAaaa
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Ad Aware always worked for me. If you still aren't sure it removed the spy/adware from your computer, then try Spybot:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Those should do it.
__________________

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 22:29   Link #3
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I like AVG Anti-Spyware, it is based on Ewido which was one of the best anti-trojan wares until they got brought by AVG. Still the same team from what I gather. It is free for the first month use and then it's active scanning is disabled, but you can still manually scan and fix like Ad-Aware.

*Edit*
Oooo they have a totally free verison too

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0?prd=asf
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 02:12   Link #4
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
OOOO.. *jumps to download link*
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 04:40   Link #5
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
As a simple alternative, you can also try HijackThis. It helped me a few times for quick fixes.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 05:30   Link #6
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
As a simple alternative, you can also try HijackThis. It helped me a few times for quick fixes.
Don't you need to be a 7th dan black belt geek to use HijackThis (or at least know what forum to post the logs to?)
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 09:20   Link #7
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
*Edit*
Oooo they have a totally free verison too

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0?prd=asf
IIRC, the last time I used AVG AS, the free edition is the same thing that you've described here:
Quote:
I like AVG Anti-Spyware, it is based on Ewido which was one of the best anti-trojan wares until they got brought by AVG. Still the same team from what I gather. It is free for the first month use and then it's active scanning is disabled, but you can still manually scan and fix like Ad-Aware.
Have they changed since then?
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 13:22   Link #8
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
^ Sorry not too sure, I got a license for it.
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 22:23   Link #9
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
This would be repeating what everyone above said.

Spybot Search & Destroy:
http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

and Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

should be enough, and if necessary, HijackThis, but be prepared for a learning experience.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 06:48   Link #10
rem
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Glorious Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Don't you need to be a 7th dan black belt geek to use HijackThis (or at least know what forum to post the logs to?)
Not necessarily. There's an online analyzer you can post your logs to that gives a pretty good idea of what your readings mean here:

http://hjt.networktechs.com/

You may have to Google a couple of things here and there, but it's pretty accurate. Also, you can post your HijackThis logs in their forums if you need more help.
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 10:45   Link #11
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Under the Crimson Air
Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Spybot S&D:HERE

Ad-Aware PE:HERE

HijackThis(Never really USED it much, but I know it's good): HERE

A nice tut on how to use HijackThis, seems simple enough and well put together(NOT BY ME):HERE
__________________

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 11:34   Link #12
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem View Post
Not necessarily. There's an online analyzer you can post your logs to that gives a pretty good idea of what your readings mean here:

http://hjt.networktechs.com/

You may have to Google a couple of things here and there, but it's pretty accurate. Also, you can post your HijackThis logs in their forums if you need more help.
Ooo nice link. Although I can't test how accurate it is since I'm adware free . I'll keep it in mind for the future.
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 08:03   Link #13
arcadeplayer987
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
I use lavasoft adware and is very good
__________________

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.