AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-02, 14:46   Link #281
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
New ED

Weeeeerid.
Old 2008-02-02, 15:02   Link #282
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
New ED
I heartily approve!

Teacher's Pet, eh?
Old 2008-02-02, 15:11   Link #283
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep5:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 17:07   Link #284
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
They Ruined My shoujo-esque beautiful ed for this? >_<

Zetsubo-shite..... This Teachers pet ed has left me in despair!!!

By the way does maria have a new friend from her country? I think 1 Mataro is enough... especially if they also don't wear shoe's and pantsu....

Mikoo is my hero!! ......wait... I can't wear women's clothes! Look I'm... born with this Dandyism! - Makoto/Mako-Chan
Hikikomori Ja nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 17:25   Link #285
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Looks like some of us are going to have Ikkyu syndrome...
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 18:04   Link #286
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I keep TRYING to drop this show ... its just not really amusing me and I think its teetering on "pointless hip" but there's just something about the character design and art that won't let me.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 18:46   Link #287
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I keep TRYING to drop this show ... its just not really amusing me and I think its teetering on "pointless hip" but there's just something about the character design and art that won't let me.
I liken it to a Dubya speech... You know it's going to be non-nonsensical ... you know there is no point ... you know your just gonna shake your head and wonder if what you are witnessing is real. Yet.... for both comedic value and because of the crazy character(s) (still talking about bush) you just can't turn away. It haunts you.

However i don't think it's a bad show... I love the show, you seem to be taking it to serious and not for what it is. A satire of how people act, just over emphasized by 1005%.

Mikoo is my hero!! ......wait... I can't wear women's clothes! Look I'm... born with this Dandyism! - Makoto/Mako-Chan
Hikikomori Ja nai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 19:53   Link #288
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
Looks like some of us are going to have Ikkyu syndrome...
got me. It's not that the new ED is bad, but the previous one was spectacular. But anyway, judging from the frequency of the changes, it looks like we'll have three or four EDs this season? (presuming 12-14 episodes again, which may be baseless)

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
:P c'mon, can't you feel the great comedic moments like in episode 3 when Itoshiki-sensei complains about all his students saying important things in a casual manner, and the only two examples are 'I'm married' and 'I'm not wearing any panties'?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 20:45   Link #289
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
got me. It's not that the new ED is bad, but the previous one was spectacular. But anyway, judging from the frequency of the changes, it looks like we'll have three or four EDs this season? (presuming 12-14 episodes again, which may be baseless)
13 episodes, 3 endings.

Does anyone besides me check Wikipedia about these things?
Old 2008-02-02, 22:04   Link #290
Pachael
原作通り

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep5:
Regarding that:

Spoiler:
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 23:59   Link #291
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Am I the only one than did look to the op, They did not so much change but I prefer the Kafuka at the end of the new op, (her eyes look more psycho)
ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 03:00   Link #292
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Am I the only one than did look to the op, They did not so much change but I prefer the Kafuka at the end of the new op, (her eyes look more psycho)
I saw it. They made some pretty obvious changes, like the moving statues and you see more of the people dancing on the sides.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 03:19   Link #293
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori Ja nai View Post
I liken it to a Dubya speech... You know it's going to be non-nonsensical ... you know there is no point ... you know your just gonna shake your head and wonder if what you are witnessing is real. Yet.... for both comedic value and because of the crazy character(s) (still talking about bush) you just can't turn away. It haunts you.

However i don't think it's a bad show... I love the show, you seem to be taking it to serious and not for what it is. A satire of how people act, just over emphasized by 1005%.
I didn't say it was a *bad* show... only that I watch it with barely a smirk (but then I stopped finding Bush "funny" years ago -- he gets too many people killed to find him funny).

I'm also not taking the show "too seriously" (where did that come from? O.o). I just am not finding it terribly funny ....

Its *interesting* to me from an artistic standpoint (artwork, pacing, reference tagging, etc) ... so I keep watching but ...

Quote:
can't you feel the great comedic moments like in episode 3 when Itoshiki-sensei complains about all his students saying important things in a casual manner, and the only two examples are 'I'm married' and 'I'm not wearing any panties'?
I watched that - the funny meter barely ticked for me. All that proves is that comedy is subjective. I found the "small talk about food" in ep 1 of L*S absolutely genius in its George Burns "long gag story" sensibility. Many other people were left just sitting with a large "?" over their head.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:05   Link #294
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The latest ep was more cute than funny for me. With the fangirl bit and the whole 'drop the serious stuff in the middle of mundane conversation'. I find that situation too realistic as to be entirely fluffy comedy.

As for the new ED, I actually like this one over the previous. The previous one was very nice, but somehow didn't feel it was in the same spirit as the actual anime. Now it pretty much is.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 05:17   Link #295
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

new ED is OK. 1st one was better though (love the b&w and alternate character designs used).
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 09:24   Link #296
ellifeedn
Thinker

For some reason this reminds me of the previous season where for the op it had a (good) rock song and then used an upbeat song while here for the ed they had a (good) "sweet", for lack of a better word, song and then used an upbeat song. I'm not sure where I'm going with this and this could all just be in my head.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 12:47   Link #297
Ryo.Massaki

wait... wat?
Ryo.Massaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 13:25   Link #298
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

@ Ryo: xD!!!!!! I didnt see that! Poor poor dog/cat/animal.

I just watched ep 04's "guess which side of Kiri is the front" part and I found it hilarious! Both at the pointlessness of it and at how Kiri seems to be enjoying the pointless game. Kinda reminds me of myself when I procrastinate from work.

@Vexx: I can understand how you feel. Different people have different views as to whats funny. I for one dont find references funny at all, even if I recognize them. And some stuff in ZSZ just makes me go "wtf" and are not funny. However, some parts do make me laugh out loud, for example ep 03's dramatic responses by sensei (nandeste?!nandeste?!nandeste?!?!?! xD), and those parts are enough to keep me watching. I hope you manage to decide whether you like the art enough to keep watching despite you finding it not funny or whether the unfunniness of it all is too boring for you to drop it.

As a short aside, i'm having this problem with Hayate no Gotoku, only that its not the art thats keeping me but the fact that I followed it for 40 episodes already...
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 14:16   Link #299
vas_a_morir

How many of the girls have a thing for Nozumo at this point? The new ED is a little weird... but it grows on you. Marionette! Teacher's Pet?
vas_a_morir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 14:30   Link #300
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas_a_morir View Post
How many of the girls have a thing for Nozumo at this point?
All of them?

Tags
comedy, gag, shaft, shounen, social satire