AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2008-08-17, 22:32   Link #361
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Is there a site that explains this whole storyline and what this 6 part OVA tried to show? I just watched it and didn't understand one damn thing.

We have Immortals, Angels, and Humans. As far I know, the series for the first half are just side stories of the jobs Rin takes, and eventually they get into the real plot with angels, yggdrasil, immortals, and guardians.

I mean what the hell is this show about?

If you are feeling lazy and up to it, I have some questions here,

How did Rin become the chosen bride?
Did tajamori and Rin used to be lovers? Seems like it and why did they separate for 1000 years in the first place if they loved each other?
What exactly is Rin in the whole plot and what is the importance of guardians and their protection of yggdrasil in this story?

Last edited by Synria_; 2008-08-18 at 03:14.
Synria_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 16:34   Link #362
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
Is there a site that explains this whole storyline and what this 6 part OVA tried to show? I just watched it and didn't understand one damn thing.

We have Immortals, Angels, and Humans. As far I know, the series for the first half are just side stories of the jobs Rin takes, and eventually they get into the real plot with angels, yggdrasil, immortals, and guardians.

I mean what the hell is this show about?

If you are feeling lazy and up to it, I have some questions here,

How did Rin become the chosen bride?
Did tajamori and Rin used to be lovers? Seems like it and why did they separate for 1000 years in the first place if they loved each other?
What exactly is Rin in the whole plot and what is the importance of guardians and their protection of yggdrasil in this story?

1) It's about Yggdrasil wanting to connect with Humans. Using the Angels and Immortals, it feeds on their memories and those memories make it grow.

2) Because the Guardian chose her.

3) Yes but while they were umm..'doing it' she gained a spore and became immortal. His wings came out (He's an Angel after all) and he ran away instead of eating her. (Apos on the other hand is both and doesn't have the 'Angel' call)

4) Rin was picked by the guardian to be the next one. The guardian is supposed to help Yggdrasil connect with humans. Since all the previous guardians have been male, the connection was limited. Now that the guardian is a female, she has finally given birth to the UGLIEST connection to Yggdrasil. Now Yggdrasil will be connected to each person EVENTUALLY as her seed spreads out.

You didn't ask this part, but I think eventually it would lead to an age of Sorcerers who can tap into Yggdrasil and cast spells.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 16:45   Link #363
Synria_

The guardian who chose Rin as the bride is the current guardian tajamori right? Is there a reason why all previous guardians were male, and suddenly a female (Rin) was chosen this time around? Was it simply a matter of "choosing" who the next guardian was?

I think the last ep explained that the current guardian picks an immortal to mate with and that son becomes the next guardian. How did rin get to be a guardian bypassing this usual process? Is it because she consumed that spore from kouki?

Oh and since they were lovers before and gained spores, they separated far from each other and maintained contact. Nice.
Old 2008-08-18, 16:51   Link #364
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

They don't explain anything of the previous guardians other than they used women to build the tower. So we would assume since women build the tower the previous guardians have been male.

Actually no, the guardian picks someone to be a sacrifice to the tower.

Old 2008-08-18, 16:57   Link #365
Synria_

The guardian picks someone to sacrifice and picks who becomes the next guardian? And it can be either male or female? (I thought guardians could only be male for some reason) Rin is the chosen bride as well as the next guardian... is that possible? (seems like there will be conflict - the chosen bride is supposed to give birth to the next guardian)

Just to conclude, tajamori, the current guardian picked rin to be the next guardian? She was able to make it out of the egg because of the spore from kouki right?

Last edited by Synria_; 2008-08-18 at 17:34.
Synria_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 17:31   Link #366
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
She was able to make it out of the egg because of the spore from kouki right?
She was able escape from egg partially because Kouki's family was linked to tajamori.
Old 2008-08-18, 17:47   Link #367
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Actually you missed it. Rin was not supposed to be the next guardian. But Kouki's family helped her out and when she left it made her the next guardian.

Apos was the guardian. Since Rin was able to leave, she gained the Guardian's powers and since she was a female the powers were greater than Apos's

Old 2008-08-18, 17:53   Link #368
Synria_

Well that makes more sense to me. So what was originally suppose to happen as rin being the chose bride? Just be a part of the root and apos becomes the next guardian?
Old 2008-08-18, 18:05   Link #369
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Now you got it! Apos was to be the next guardian. But Rin was picked.

Old 2008-08-18, 18:09   Link #370
Synria_

Thanks for your replies Forbin!

I hope I don't tire you haha... but what does the term "chosen bride" mean in this plot?
Old 2008-08-18, 19:48   Link #371
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I guess it means the person who sits on top of the tower. Too bad it is Apos with that robot girl looking over his shoulder.

Old 2008-08-19, 01:22   Link #372
Synria_

Well although you may be right, that doesn't tell me much about the plot haha...
Old 2008-10-12, 13:38   Link #373
Tiberium Wolf

Rin's kid. It's descendants will spread. So all humanity will be linked to Yggdrasil eventually and ... what?

Nice having that open...
Old 2008-10-20, 19:51   Link #374
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I like dark cerebral series and this really filled the bill quite nicely.
Old 2008-10-30, 11:11   Link #375
ershin

I'm thinking of getting this... can anyone please tell me whats the difference between the tv and dvd versions? Additional scenes or uncensored? Thanks
ershin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 11:18   Link #376
archivisth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ershin View Post
I'm thinking of getting this... can anyone please tell me whats the difference between the tv and dvd versions? Additional scenes or uncensored? Thanks
Mostly that you can actually see what's happening. The TV raws (from ATX) were just terrible; the R2 DVD source is much better, and has been encoded at a higher bit rate to preserve the detail.
archivisth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 12:45   Link #377
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Well.. just saw this and must say.... it wasn't that bad... it was confusing at first since Rin is only taking jobs and stuff... and it gets even more confusing when her body gets shredded on that plane turbine .... I think I understood the main idea which is that there is one big @ss tree which expels seeds that turn chicks into immortal hot/horny babes and guys into horny/hungry angels...... Immortal babes and Angels have a strong sexual attraction to each other that turns fatal in the end...

The bad guy is an hermaphrodite immortal angel ....or so I understood .....and he wanted to be the eternal guardian of the tree in order to have the pleasure of "eating memories" of others....

I wish they would come up with a movie or something like that ....to give this messy OVA more shape cause they pretty much pushed the main story in the last 2 eps ..

Ohh yeahh and the Yuri parts were pretty hawt ... .....

If you liked GANTZ then you might like this one ... lots of killings, blood, sex and such....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 12:46   Link #378
ershin

^Ok thanks. Guess i'll get the dvd versions
ershin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 17:13   Link #379
4Tran

I'm a bit surprised that it took this long for Mnemosyne to get licensed, but Funimation has it now.

From http://funimation.com/f_index.cfm?page=news&id=548
Quote:
Flower Mound, TX – February 20, 2009 – FUNimation® Entertainment today announced that it has acquired home entertainment, broadcast, internet and merchandise rights to the 12-episode supernatural anime series Rin ~ Daughters of Mnemosyne from Showgate , Inc. FUNimation holds the rights to the series in the U.S. and all of its territories in addition to Canada.

The series is directed by Shigeru Ueda (Elemental Gelade, Ghost Hunt).

About Rin ~ Daughters of Mnemosyne
Rin Asogi doesn't stand out in a crowd, but that's okay by her. Going unnoticed is an occupational necessity for any private eye, and she's the best in the business. It doesn't matter if she's rescuing lost kitties or infiltrating high-security laboratories, Rin is the dame you want handling your sensitive materials. Sure, she crosses paths with some shady characters in her line of work, but not having to worry about the little things – like bullet holes or brutal beatings – makes the job almost bearable. Life, on the other hand, is a different story. And it won't get any easier with sadistic Apos the immortal sending wave after wave of assassins to claim a much sought after prize – the secret which lurks within the hunted Rin.

FUNimation Entertainment will release the complete series on DVD later this year.
Old 2009-02-20, 17:29   Link #380
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good to hear they'll release it all in one go. I'll be picking this up the day it's released.

Tags
at-x, ecchi, mature