AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-28, 05:29   Link #1
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Question Why? WHY won't it work?

[COLOR=DarkRed]
I keep getting a message that says no such file or something (I cant read it, it pops off too quickly) on all Bittorent DL's... why could this be? I have BT downloaded correctly and all that... in fact I had a download about 40% done and had to reboot, when I tried to start it up again it started this message nonsense... please help or are the servers just being bitchy?

CodeWordChobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 07:18   Link #2
cRoNoXz

try unistalling your current bt sotware and try other software (i recommend azureus )
cRoNoXz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 08:49   Link #3
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRoNoXz
try unistalling your current bt sotware and try other software (i recommend azureus )
Nooooo...java I vote ABC ^_^
Forse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 12:12   Link #4
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Let's read the FAQs, shall we?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 20:32   Link #5
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
OK, I read through the FAQ and I didn't see anything that would help really... this is exactly what it says (minus my dir names) " problem getting response info - [Errno 2] No such file or directory:'C\\Documents and Settings\\Name\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files\\Content.IE5\\########\\[KAA]_SeriesName.torrent' " What in the hell is this? LOL thanks for helping so far guys and I will try to do a complete re-install of BT, but that will have to wait for some other stuff hehe will let you know how it went later. =)
CodeWordChobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 20:56   Link #6
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Content.IE5 is your secret Internet Explorer archive, hidden away from you by Microsoft in case they ever need to see where you've been in the past few years. I don't know why the torrent would disappear from there-- try downloading it manually and opening it up.
Old 2004-01-29, 01:29   Link #7
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeWordChobits
OK, I read through the FAQ and I didn't see anything that would help really... this is exactly what it says (minus my dir names) " problem getting response info - [Errno 2] No such file or directory:'C\\Documents and Settings\\Name\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files\\Content.IE5\\########\\[KAA]_SeriesName.torrent' " What in the hell is this? LOL thanks for helping so far guys and I will try to do a complete re-install of BT, but that will have to wait for some other stuff hehe will let you know how it went later. =)
Now I'm sure no one reads my FAQs..

For some unknown reason, Internet Explorer doesn't save the Torrent in the Temp files, and thus this error pop up.
If you want to bypass this error, just clear your temp files or use the option Save As.. and save the torrent in your HD, and then run it.
This error seem caused by the brackets in the file name, it's still a mystery anyways..

You left the [KAA] name in the list. I suggest you to edit it out.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote