AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-10-05, 17:02   Link #221
Crimson Reaper

Finally a new OP. Although to be honest I wish they would go back to having EDs again.
As for the new 'We Are'? I'm not too sure if I like it or not. I think it'll grow on me though. Don't like the animation though, the crew running on a beach and showing every OP character? Hardly original, although at least it doesn't contain any spoilers. Who knows maybe they'll update it later on.

Back to the episode itself....HELL YES GIGANT BAZOOKA!! Can't say they dragged this out at all. In fact I'm impressed that fit so much in without it looking rushed. Thiller Bark arc is coming to a close in just a few episodes. Just before Halloween too. Can't say you don't have any costume ideas now.
Can't wait for the next episode.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 01:14   Link #222
chase023

There will always be someone who will complain, no matter what!!

I am just happy they have a new opening, tho it is a song redone for the 3rd time. Oh I do wish they would take that Gold Roger section out, but I guess it uses up time, LOL.
Old 2008-10-07, 02:21   Link #223
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Im not complaining that much but hell..These openings are getting even longer and longer with not so great music.I understand that anime team is going a bit easy way by doing these...long openings+roger scene+flashback stuff that will just repeat without hardwork...Its kinda annoying Im instantly skipping opening+roger+flashbacks all the time anyway.Its just wasting time...But on the other hand I cant complain, they deserve it by making such awesome scenes

And last eposide was brutal.I felt a pain on my back when they crushed Odz spine.Ouch! Lucci getting destroyed under 43413412 jet fist and Enel getting smashed by a giant golden ball were nothing close to this level of sadism! and they say One Piece is kid stuff
Old 2008-10-07, 06:54   Link #224
Paraden1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Very. The first two versions had an upbeat tune and some nice instrumental backing. The background-music in this version sounds like a freaking MIDI-file. Also, they didn't have an ending. AGAIN. Gah, can't Toei just bring those back and stop doing the whole Gold Roger-flashback in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE?

On the plus-side though, the episode itself was awesome. Especially Shadows Asgard was PERFECT.
yeah but i think the best opening is Jungle P. CRAZY Rainbow was too laid back for one piece. my main complain about Crazy Rainbow is that Franky was nowhere to be scene because in the manga he was already part of the crew when it came out.

i don't think they had o remix We Are ether... it was fine the way it was before.

i can't wait to see if they put a filler in after Thriller Bark, but if they do i hope it is like the Ice Hunter Arc. an arc that is not to long but long, and good, enough to allow the manga to progress some more. i don't want to see another post alabasta arc again!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:48   Link #225
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
yeah but i think the best opening is Jungle P. CRAZY Rainbow was too laid back for one piece. my main complain about Crazy Rainbow is that Franky was nowhere to be scene because in the manga he was already part of the crew when it came out.
Jungle P was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it's the BEST one. If I were to rank the openings after how good they are, my list would be like this:

1. Brand New World
2. Kokoro no Chizu
3. We Are (Original version)
4. Jungle P
5. We Are (Strawhat Pirates version)
6. Believe
7. Hikari e
8. Bon Voyage
9. Crazy Rainbow.
10. We Are (10th Anniversary version or whatever they called it)

But really, Franky not being in Crazy Rainbow made sense, as he wouldn't join for another year when they started using it. Also, kinda like Robin, you couldn't really be sure that he'd join the crew before he actually did it. (No wait, scratch that. Toei completely ruined the surprise of Robin joining by putting her in the opening 3 months before she joined...)
Old 2008-10-07, 19:19   Link #226
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Lol people actually watch and care about the openings? Guess I never cared since I hate almost all jpop/jrock/etc.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:27   Link #227
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Jungle P was pretty good, but I wouldn't say it's the BEST one. If I were to rank the openings after how good they are, my list would be like this:

1. Brand New World
2. Kokoro no Chizu
4. Jungle P
6. Believe
7. Hikari e
8. Bon Voyage
9. Crazy Rainbow.
That's a pretty accurate list, Brand New World and Kokoro no Chizu are my favorite songs, but i personally liked the Strawhat version of We Are over the original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Lol people actually watch and care about the openings? Guess I never cared since I hate almost all jpop/jrock/etc.
yes, openings matter to a lot of people. The Rozen Maiden's incredible opening is what got me hooked. I always watch the opening to an anime first to preview the art style and judge whether or not I should even try it.
Old 2008-10-08, 02:02   Link #228
Rainbowman

Quote:

1. Brand New World
2. Kokoro no Chizu
4. Jungle P
6. Believe
7. Hikari e
8. Bon Voyage
9. Crazy Rainbow.
I'm sure that all versions of the song "We Are" are pretty good. Of course my personal favorites are:

1. Brand New World
2. Jungle P
3. Crazy Rainbow
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:21   Link #229
krazywrath

yeah.. the new opening is kinda strange.. a little too much extra stuff in there, if you know what i mean! xD
Also, yeahh! That episode made me go: OH "SNAP", lol
krazywrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 02:55   Link #230
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Strange... I thought I remember him beeing called a General Zombie.
Why should a human let himself be operated this way?
you might have gotten confused because his offical position in the Thiller Bark crew is being the leader of the General Zombies... though he himself is not one of them

And he let himself be operated on as a quick way to obtain strength... though he probably should have help back on the lion muzzle and went with something a bit more attractive.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 23:49   Link #231
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Makes you wonder how Hogback got that circular scar on his face, like he had a face transplant at some point.

He already had it in the flashback with Cindry, before he went crazy

Last edited by Red Lupine; 2008-10-12 at 08:44.
Red Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 10:45   Link #232
chase023

I wish tho there was some instance where the crew kinda gives recognition when seeing Luffy's Gear 2 and 3 (with a Suh Ge or something like it) but I guess it's like with everyone else on the crew when they do their new or hidden moves.

I must say the "For Kid's" version almost ruined One Piece for me because I initially watched it when Cartoon Network first aired One Piece. Initially I kinda liked it but then lost interest fast. Then my friend and I were talking about good and great animes, and amongst some, he mentioned One Piece. I told him I saw it and thought it was alright barely. Then he said the real One Piece "subbed" is a total different story and it was great. I didn't believe him at first but then said what the hell and bam here I am now up to episode 373 after a while.
Old 2008-10-12, 16:16   Link #233
Prestige

374 is out, checked translated HQ one...

I still dislike new opening.

Episode itself was excellent, perhaps not as good as previous but Luffy combining Gear second and third was thrilling...and finally Moria getting beated.

Animation was great overall.

It left on cliff hanger, but next episode interview was kickass...Kuma still lurks on Island...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 04:11   Link #234
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

This eposide was great both for fighting scenes and animation..But they should really work on background theme musics...In my opinion giantic jet shell should've been an awesome finisher move that can surpass jet gattling or storm scene...only if they used some better music.Well still great.Next eposide will be even better

Spoiler for Next Arc:
Old 2008-10-13, 06:40   Link #235
Prestige

It's pretty much 100% certain that we will have filler arc after events of TB.

50% that we will have second filler arc after that, probly both Ice hunters lenght.

Anime has catched manga again quite much.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 10:57   Link #236
KingOfThePirates

brook's skull jokes r prty kul,

after they got beat up by oz ppl r like He(Brook) has been reduced to bones, LMAO ROFL
KingOfThePirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 18:56   Link #237
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
It's pretty much 100% certain that we will have filler arc after events of TB.

50% that we will have second filler arc after that, probly both Ice hunters lenght.

Anime has catched manga again quite much.
It's badly needed too, unfortunately. I think they need to do 6 months to a year of fillers to let the manga get some breathing room. The reason I want this is because I hate to see the anime get stretched out and the quality diluted in the middle of an arc related to the main story.

Plus OP filler arcs can be good, but they have to stick to adventurous story driven arcs with no fights or minimal fighting.

Oh and 374.

I would also like to add that the anime has done an excellent job at portraying just how much of a strain the gears are to Luffy, even though I knew it was bad from the manga It didn't come across as THAT bad.

Last edited by Tommy; 2008-10-14 at 00:27.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 14:46   Link #238
Rainbowman

Here's my review on the Thriller Bark arc: I like the fight between Zoro and Ryuuma and Gecko Moria's powers. What I don't like is the suffering Nami had to go through by Absolom (making Nami unconcious so he could marry her) and Zombie Warthog Lola (attacing her twice without even reasoning). Those incidents make me want to turn into the Hulk and/or Abomination and beat them brutally into a bloody mess for making Nami suffer.

I could just imagine it: I would first go after Absolom by picking him up, bashing him against the walls and throwing him on the floor. Then I swipe at his face ripping out his lower jaw. Zombie Warthog Lola would then attack me for killing him. That's when I'll yell: < HOW DARE YOU ATTACK NAMI IN THIS SITUATION!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD REALIZE THAT ABSOLOM WAS BEHIND THIS, NOT HER!!!!!!!!!!!! I then rip out Zombie Warthog Lola's arms and dismember her senue by senue therefore releasing the shadow she had. Nami of course would watch the whole slaughter of those two characters.

Well that's my review. BTW, this is only to express my thoughts on the Thriller Bark arc and is only intended for those two characters and not the forum, so no infractions please. If anyone knows how I feel about this let me know.
Old 2008-10-14, 14:57   Link #239
james0246

^LOL, I am not sure why you are upset. Absolom received his just deserts, not once but twice (once from Sanji, and a second time from Nami herself), and Lola turned out to be a great inter-arc companion that greatly supported Nami(zo).

I can kind of understand your dislike of Absolom (he was more or less a despicable rapist, so he deserved so much more), but Lola was a great and fun character that Nami has great affection for, so I am unsure why you would ever want to "rip out Zombie Warthog Lola's arms and dismember her senue by senue", not only is that going way to far, it is going against what Nami wanted to do.

That being said, Moria's defeat was a great moment. Good animation, okay music, great dialogue, and great fun.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 15:17   Link #240
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^LOL, I am not sure why you are upset. Absolom received his just deserts, not once but twice (once from Sanji, and a second time from Nami herself), and Lola turned out to be a great inter-arc companion that greatly supported Nami(zo).

I can kind of understand your dislike of Absolom (he was more or less a despicable rapist, so he deserved so much more), but Lola was a great and fun character that Nami has great affection for, so I am unsure why you would ever want to "rip out Zombie Warthog Lola's arms and dismember her senue by senue", not only is that going way to far, it is going against what Nami wanted to do.
Well if Zombie Warthog Lola wanted to help Nami from the situation she was in, Lola should attack Absolom, NOT Nami. Zombie Warthog Lola having to attack Nami when Lola saw her in that wedding dress is something I call not only misunderstanding but unforgivable. That's why I feel like "dismembering her senue by senue" and Nami would try and stop me if she wants to.