AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 15:50   Link #3541
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Let's just say I'm less sanguine than you about the future in Pakistan. The civilian political order is in shambles leaving only the military and, more ominously, the ISI as potential power brokers. The links between the ISI and the Taliban in Afghanistan are well-documented, and Pakistan is one of the few countries that we know of that has distributed nuclear weapons technologies to rogue states like North Korea and Libya. (I don't buy the notion that A.Q. Khan was a solitary player whose activities were entirely hidden from the Pakistani government or, more specifically, from its security forces.)
Talking about destabilizing the region, I believe it was early this week or late last week that the announcement was made that the US is going to provide information regarding nuclear power to India. I thought India already was considered a nuclear power, but I suppose not?

It's not that I'm against nuclear power, per se - I think virtually all countries should be allowed to have nuclear power, we should simply have some tighter regulations and tracking of nuclear materials. Let the MAD (mutually assured destruction) concept prevent any nuclear wars from breaking out. However, by selectively choosing who can have nuclear power and who cannot there's the creation of inequality among nations. It forms a division of those "allowed" nuclear power, and those "not allowed." Already it seems that many of these US-labeled "dangerous" nations denied nuclear power are becoming rather friendly, and are united in their resentment. That's a bad situation.
Old 2008-10-08, 16:39   Link #3542
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I think the division is a small price to pay. I'd prefer it if the nuclear club stayed exclusive to USA, Russia, Britain, France and China for as long as possible. Relying soley on a concept which is a few decades old might not be the best idea either. But that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
My teachers were always more about delivery than content - answer just enough to make sure your opponent couldn't pull a gotcha and turn it around on you, but with enough filler that the questioner felt that they received a response. Maybe not what they wanted to hear, but a response nonetheless.
Sounds a lot like they've been indoctrinating you my friend. The Chewbacca defense way of debating might be funny, but it's not right.

Anyway, not sure if this is the right thread? Oh.. well it could be a turning point.

Quote:
Foo Fighters have accused John McCain of "perverting" one of their songs by using it for his campaign to become US President.

Dave Grohl and co are understood to be angered by the Republican candidate's use of their track "My Hero", without permission.

The rock outfit released a statement today accusing Barack Obama's rival of treating the band with "such little respect for creativity and intellectual property."

They describe McCain's act as "frustrating and infuriating" and have demanded his team stop using the track.

The statement explains: "The saddest thing about this is that 'My Hero' was written as a celebration of the common man and his extraordinary potential.

"To have it appropriated without our knowledge and used in a manner that perverts the original sentiment of the lyric just tarnishes the song.

"We hope that the McCain campaign will do the right thing and stop using our song - and start asking artists' permission in general!"
http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna...ml&e=l_news_dm
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 17:32   Link #3543
einhorn303

"Gallup Daily: Obama’s Lead Over McCain Expands to 11
October 8, 2008
Barack Obama holds an 11-point lead over John McCain in the latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking report, 52% to 41%. This is the Obama’s highest level of support to date, and also represents his largest lead of the campaign."
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 17:57   Link #3544
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And now, the caging and vote suppression will start in earnest. If you're stuck with electronic machines - you might consider absentee voting so you can avoid them.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 18:33   Link #3545
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

www.thatone08.com

Come on everybody, get your reversal of a subtle racial undercurrent in T-shirt form today!
Old 2008-10-08, 19:08   Link #3546
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Obama 349
McCain 174
Tie 15

It looks like more and more that the fat lady is about to sing for McCain, unless he can produce a miracle right now, McCain will lose the election.
Old 2008-10-08, 19:13   Link #3547
james0246

Just incase anyone was interested, last nights debate had somewhere around 60million viewers, up from the 50million fromthe first debate.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:13   Link #3548
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Obama 349
McCain 174
Tie 15

It looks like more and more that the fat lady is about to sing for McCain, unless he can produce a miracle right now, McCain will lose the election.
Until Fox News calls it for Obama I'm not buying anything...We still have the "broken voting machines" portion of this movie to go...I think it's gonna happen, but I'll believe it when Sean Hannity's chin falls off...
Old 2008-10-08, 19:17   Link #3549
Neki Ecko
"Art"ful Dodger

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Until Fox News calls it for Obama I'm not buying anything...We still have the "broken voting machines" portion of this movie to go...I think it's gonna happen, but I'll believe it when Sean Hannity's chin falls off...
"Broken Voting Machines" , I swear that will happen this year but you know that McCain is behind in every poll and struggling to even keep the red states right now, I think that Sean Hannity's chin will be falling off
Old 2008-10-08, 19:36   Link #3550
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO @ Keith Olbermann, he just used the net term pwned (He pronounced it POWHNED), to describe how an Obama spokesman pwnt Sean Hannity last night on Fox...I missed it so I can't wait to see that cartoon character get pwned...If you got MSNBC you should turn there...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-10-08 at 19:46.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:50   Link #3551
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

To be honest, until the President is sworn in on Jan 20 - I'm not discounting anything. I'm also not discounting an upcoming 4 years of "take him down, take him down on *anything* we can dig up". I can only hope that the prosecutors and investigators have the thugs running too fast to stop and shoot back.
I note that Cheney has moved virtually all of his assets out of the country and I imagine his courtiers are doing the same.

Seriously, until the Republicans purge their party of the neocons, proto-fascists and theocrats: I don't want them winning anything. Go back and find fiscal responsibility, prudent geopolitics, and some real concern for SMEs, a recollection of the Constitution, and then they might have a chance.
Old 2008-10-08, 19:58   Link #3552
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Time to bring some humor. An amusing video called "The Obama National Anthem"

Old 2008-10-08, 20:11   Link #3553
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Seriously, until the Republicans purge their party of the neocons, proto-fascists and theocrats: I don't want them winning anything. Go back and find fiscal responsibility, prudent geopolitics, and some real concern for SMEs, a recollection of the Constitution, and then they might have a chance.
Poor Ron Paul.
Old 2008-10-08, 20:42   Link #3554
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
*shrugs* It was mildly funny (though I do love the Soviet anthem's musical grandiosity) until I read the youtube comments below it.

...then I started feeling an urge to to kill all humans.

I really should stop reading each and any youtube comments ever posted...ever. Are we as a species really that retarded?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 20:45   Link #3555
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Are we as a species really that retarded?
Sometimes I wonder that myself. Really I've just gotten into the habit of not even glancing at youtube comments as they are filled with nonsensical jabber.
Old 2008-10-08, 21:03   Link #3556
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post

LOLOLOLOLOL!

best thing of this exceptionally long drawn out American election thingy. just love the soviet anthem jingle.

well, this and Rob Stewart. love the daily show. the only American political thing i can understand and enjoy.
Old 2008-10-08, 21:18   Link #3557
mg1942

I didn't know that wearing a pro-obama shirt can get you gunned down

--------------

Here's what a BB gun is called in Britain...

gas-powered ball-bearing pistol

Now that sounds very lethal

Last edited by mg1942; 2008-10-09 at 01:15.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:27   Link #3558
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Should go to some Sarah Palin rallies...

Kidding aside, that is sad.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:49   Link #3559
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Says the Lee Harvey Oswald kitty with the mini-rifle...
Old 2008-10-08, 21:59   Link #3560
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Are we as a species really that retarded?
In 50 years of observation, I haven't seen anything to dispute that assessment. Its a bell curve of stupidity but the middle range is less apt than one might have wished.

Tags
debate, elections, news, politics, united_states