AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-05-27, 15:14   Link #221
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 33
We've seen that Neji sees Naruto's body in a chakra-lines sort of way.

Spoiler:


These two imply that the Byakugan see things in a vastly different way than the Sharingan. Remember that when Sasuke used the Sharingan in the Forest against the genjutsu, he could see the genjutsy bodies as chakra lumps. Everything else was normal.

It's true that a Sharingan user wouldn't use chakra-intensive jutsus when fighting multiple opponents (or probably wouldn't - unless there IS some sort of super-multiple-enemy-jutsu), but I can't see an argument where the Sharingan is better than the Byakugan when fighting multiple opponents. The Byakugan, after all, has that crazy 360 vision and the Kaiten (which I think we agreed as "cannot be copied").
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 19:21   Link #222
Unidentified
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Hunter. I'm not talkign about the sharignan and the byukagan in general. I'm talking about them versus each other. Althogh I still believe Byukgan can is better. Well an advanced hyuga user is better but not so advanced sharingan user vs. a not so advanced byukgan user is better. So I'm talking aobut the limit of those 2. Though we've seen mroe of the sharingan.

The moves you mentioned aside from the fire move. Do you know if they will work agaisnt a Hyuga? The genjutsu and the hypnotism. It's a fact that they can't copy their jutsus. The hyuga's can see the world in a different way than normal, they dont' have to focus on the eyes which according to Gai and Kakashi is the way to beat it. They can just look at the chakra holes.

About the prediction. How does it actually work? In the anime it showed Sasuke seeing things in slow motion, little by little, being able to predicct things like that. Or is it actually the future and the sharingan as another move never mentioned that allows them to do that. I'm not sure about this one, espeically since I haven't read that fight yet in the manga, the haku and the lee fight which shows that slow motionthing at the sam etime.

In a way the hyuga cna predic ttings too. Tehy cannot be caught off gaurd iwth the byukagan activated. They can see 359-360, through objects, and as I mentioned before Hiashi predicted or rather sensed Hizashi had a killing intent when he was training Hinata. Can't the same thing be done for moves?


We've seen fully mastered sharingan with (just an assumption but I think it's true) with all it's move aside form a taijutsu move which I'm thinking it has. But we've seen only a genin hyuga and that's it. Although we do know that they are capable of 1 hit kills without getting themselves tired(better than the sharingan moves, although the only drawback is it's close combat).

About the kaiten wasting huge amounts of chakra like you said. Neji a genin was able to do lots of them. He was never tired from that, only from facing off agaisnt kyubi naruto. And that was after the 64 hands. If he can do that. He must have more than massive amoutns of chakra. but he doens't. They are good at controlling chakra, meaining that less chakra is wasted. It may be only a little. Considering the amount Neji did and wasn't even tired.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 14:34   Link #223
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
We've seen that Neji sees Naruto's body in a chakra-lines sort of way.
Spoiler:
It's exactly my point, the Byakugan sees everything, if a ninja is hidden behind a tree a kunai behind his back, then a Byakugan user will see the tree and the guy, and his inner coil, and the kunai (and the squirrel still behind all that ).

Once again, the Byakugan isn't know to erase a part of what the user sees to see something else behind (like you said, Hyuuga don't run into trees ), but to see everything.

A Hyuga would see the inner coil of a Sharingan master.
And his eyes as well.

Quote:
These two imply that the Byakugan see things in a vastly different way than the Sharingan. Remember that when Sasuke used the Sharingan in the Forest against the genjutsu, he could see the genjutsy bodies as chakra lumps. Everything else was normal.
lol differently speaking, Sasuke's vision was normal except for the abnormal things
Like I said, the manga has showed that the Byakugan's vision sees everything at almost 360.
Everything else was normal (haha I wanted to say that too )

Quote:
It's true that a Sharingan user wouldn't use chakra-intensive jutsus when fighting multiple opponents (or probably wouldn't - unless there IS some sort of super-multiple-enemy-jutsu), but I can't see an argument where the Sharingan is better than the Byakugan when fighting multiple opponents. The Byakugan, after all, has that crazy 360 vision and the Kaiten (which I think we agreed as "cannot be copied").
Well it's debatable that the Byakugan's ability to see everything around would be better than the abilities to analyze and copy jutsu against several ninjutsu/genjutsu user for example, but I agree that in a general case, the Byakugan is better in a scuffle.


Nine Devil : Godzilla-class-Summon for example?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 15:23   Link #224
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Nine Devil : Godzilla-class-Summon for example?
You know he has it
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 18:20   Link #225
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
Hunter. I'm not talkign about the sharignan and the byukagan in general. I'm talking about them versus each other. Althogh I still believe Byukgan can is better. Well an advanced hyuga user is better but not so advanced sharingan user vs. a not so advanced byukgan user is better. So I'm talking aobut the limit of those 2. Though we've seen mroe of the sharingan.
Noooooooo way?
'Except to predict his moves, hypnotize him, use the vast amount of jutsus copied, crush his mind or even kill him inside the world of Tsukiyomi, vaporize him at sight with the Amaterasu?'

I didn't say that the Sharingan user could copy jutsu because that's the only thing that he can't do against a Hyuga.

Quote:
About the prediction. How does it actually work? In the anime it showed Sasuke seeing things in slow motion, little by little, being able to predicct things like that. Or is it actually the future and the sharingan as another move never mentioned that allows them to do that. I'm not sure about this one, espeically since I haven't read that fight yet in the manga, the haku and the lee fight which shows that slow motionthing at the sam etime.
Uh?
Firstly, the Sharingan didn't allow its user to see the futur and I don't remember that the manga says that the Sharingan sees in slow motion.
The Sharingan can read and analyze Taijutsu as well as the others kind of jutsu,
and with enough time to completely read the way of figthing of his opponent, the Sharingan user can know slightly in advance how his opponent will move and thus start to react to the move slightly before it happens.

Quote:
In a way the hyuga cna predic ttings too. Tehy cannot be caught off gaurd iwth the byukagan activated. They can see 359-360, through objects, and as I mentioned before Hiashi predicted or rather sensed Hizashi had a killing intent when he was training Hinata. Can't the same thing be done for moves?
What? That's not predicting at all, a Hyuga can't be caught off guard because he can see everything in the present, they can't predict a move, they can react to it better.
That's completely different.

Hiashi never predicted anything (do you really know what this word mean? ) he merely sensed Hizashi killing intent, that's not even a Byakugan ability, about every ninja can do that.

Quote:
We've seen fully mastered sharingan with (just an assumption but I think it's true) with all it's move aside form a taijutsu move which I'm thinking it has. But we've seen only a genin hyuga and that's it. Although we do know that they are capable of 1 hit kills without getting themselves tired(better than the sharingan moves, although the only drawback is it's close combat).
lol once again, To say that maybe the Byakugan will have something more isn't an argument, as far as we know it hasn't.
Actually, to use that as an argument is pretty much the same as to say that for the moment you think that the Sharingan's better because the Byakugan needs something more


Then, the Jyuken is surely an incredible fighting style, actually I think that the advanced Jyuken of Neji (with the Tenketsu) is the best and deadliest Taijutsu style of the whole serie.
But the 1 hit kills isn't reserved to the Hyuga,
Spoiler:


And that's just a hand seals, something that a Sharingan user can copy in a glance.

Quote:
About the kaiten wasting huge amounts of chakra like you said. Neji a genin was able to do lots of them. He was never tired from that, only from facing off agaisnt kyubi naruto. And that was after the 64 hands. If he can do that. He must have more than massive amoutns of chakra. but he doens't. They are good at controlling chakra, meaining that less chakra is wasted. It may be only a little. Considering the amount Neji did and wasn't even tired.
lol firstly the 64 hands is almost a pure Taijutsu move, it doesn't waste chakra, then the Kaiten use a large amount of chakra, it's stated in the manga when Neji use the Kaiten against Naruto (and anyway it's fairly obvious if you ask me).
Neji's a genious at chakra's control and at convert stamina into chakra, way better than about anyone actually (for his age anyway), and he does has a massive amount of chakra.

Nine Devil, do I think that it's probable that Itachi has some kind of summon?
Yes, I think that's extremely probable.
But as Raikage said, until it's shown that Itachi has one, or even his mentioning that he has one, he doesn't. It really is just that simple.

And even if he has one, that doesn't mean that he has the crazy amount of chakra of the Sannin to summon a Godilla-class summon.
As the 3rd had Enma and not some gigantic monkey.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 20:34   Link #226
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
To say that maybe the Byakugan will have something more isn't an argument, as far as we know it hasn't.
Actually, to use that as an argument is pretty much the same as to say that for the moment you think that the Sharingan's better because the Byakugan needs something more
That's not true because we don't know if there is more to the Byakugen, hell we don't even know if the 3 attacks of the Mange Sharigan are all that's left, there could be things that Itachi overlooked (no pun intended) or the fact that he just doesn't know.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:44   Link #227
wb_hicks
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
i also dont think that the byukagan when activated will be affected by the sharingan bloodlimit genjutsu. and the reason is the fact that they see everything. if you think back to when gai was talking about how to face the sharingan he says that it all depends on where your eyes are focused. when a hyuga is using his 360 degree vision you cant say he is focusing on any one spot because he is seeing everything. as long as they dont focus on the sharingan users eyes they will be able to avoid the jutsu. now that doesnt mean that they are imune to the technique. even if they are able to see 360 if they focus on the eyes just once the sharingan can put them in the jutsu.
Spoiler:

Last edited by wb_hicks; 2004-05-29 at 07:55.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 22:52   Link #228
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
That's just wrong.
Gai said that you mustn't look at the eyes at all, that's why you must only look at the Sharingan user's feet and grasp the enemy's move just from his feet movement alone.

Think. If not you would just have to be focused on his mouth or his neck or whatever and that would be all.

And put spoiler tags in your post.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 23:01   Link #229
Coder8
CommanderBunBun
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Hmm hunter there is a problem.
If you looking at the persons neck is bad,since your eyes are still taking them in,then all the person has to do is slightly move his head and get the enemies eye field of vision in his and BAM its over. It has to be a link of some sort that a direct stare gives off,or else why the feet also? True it may be easier to look away and harder for the person to move his head into the persons fov.

I think its more complicated then we know.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 01:52   Link #230
Unidentified
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
First of all, just because it's a large summon doesn't mean it's stronger.

What you said about the sensing thing Hunter is wrong. So every ninja has the level of insight as the hyuga? You seem to hate the hyuga for some reason. Even Neji once again only a genin and a branch family member was able to read all of Hinata's emotions basically thoughts easily, although considering her a lot of people would be able to do that. But he did the same with Naruto.

According to you, the jyukagen's moves take massive amounts of chakra. About every ninja has the level of insight as someone with the byukagan. The sharingan can predict heaps into the feature. You somehow think it's more possible for the sharingan to have more moves than the byukagan. And that the 1 hit kills things with no chakra wasted is very common(chidori and rasengan take massive amounts). '

Also Gai said don't "focus" on the user's eye. With the byukagan eactivated they won't focus on their eyes. It can be like not seeing htem at all but their chakra pathways.

I do think you are very biased.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 05:55   Link #231
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
First of all, just because it's a large summon doesn't mean it's stronger.

What you said about the sensing thing Hunter is wrong. So every ninja has the level of insight as the hyuga? You seem to hate the hyuga for some reason. Even Neji once again only a genin and a branch family member was able to read all of Hinata's emotions basically thoughts easily, although considering her a lot of people would be able to do that. But he did the same with Naruto.

According to you, the jyukagen's moves take massive amounts of chakra. About every ninja has the level of insight as someone with the byukagan. The sharingan can predict heaps into the feature. You somehow think it's more possible for the sharingan to have more moves than the byukagan. And that the 1 hit kills things with no chakra wasted is very common(chidori and rasengan take massive amounts). '

Also Gai said don't "focus" on the user's eye. With the byukagan eactivated they won't focus on their eyes. It can be like not seeing htem at all but their chakra pathways.

I do think you are very biased.
Its called Sakki, its just a killer intent everybody can feel it. Every ninja there are many other anime's where it is used. Example Hajime No Ippo
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 11:29   Link #232
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
I do think you are very biased.
lol Unidentified you're funny, I like people who're only able to say you're biased or such, when they become unable to defend their point.
It's even funnier when they're obviously so biaised themself that they didn't understand half of what going on with the current discussion, in your case it's even worse, you basically didn't understand a single point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
First of all, just because it's a large summon doesn't mean it's stronger.
I never say that Gamabunta & co must be stronger than Enma, I say that they're better to attack with a huge area effect and thus better against many opponent together (I suppose I'm biaised for the Sannin heh?).

Quote:
What you said about the sensing thing Hunter is wrong. So every ninja has the level of insight as the hyuga? You seem to hate the hyuga for some reason. Even Neji once again only a genin and a branch family member was able to read all of Hinata's emotions basically thoughts easily, although considering her a lot of people would be able to do that. But he did the same with Naruto.
You just don't know about what you talk about, the Byakugan has nothing to do with feeling a killing intent, that's what Sasuke felt the first time they faced Zabuza, that's what Oro used to paralyze Sakura and Sasuke, that's what he used once again to scare Kakashi.
The capacity to feel the Saki, the murderous intent, isn't about a particular insight at all.

And once again the whole thing about to know that if your pupils look at the left top you remember the past, that if you lie you will look at the right and this kind of thing isn't a Byakugan ability, not that this bloodline can't help because with it you will not miss a single details, but the Sharingan or any people with a good sens of attention can do the same.

And btw, the Hyuga's bloodline is awesome, they have the better Taijutsu style, they have the style, they're fashion and Neji is one of the coolest character in the whole series.

Quote:
According to you, the jyukagen's moves take massive amounts of chakra. About every ninja has the level of insight as someone with the byukagan. The sharingan can predict heaps into the feature. You somehow think it's more possible for the sharingan to have more moves than the byukagan. And that the 1 hit kills things with no chakra wasted is very common(chidori and rasengan take massive amounts).
lol that becomes priceless
1/ No I said exactly the opposite, the Jyuken is mainly a Taijutsu using a little chakra and thus is more about stamina than chakra except for the Kaiten which use the chakra directly as a weapon and use a large amount of chakra : it's stated in the manga.

2/Into the feature? If you mean the future then you should read a post when you answer to it that can be useful given that I precicely said that the Sharingan can't read into the future.
Then it's stated that the Sharingan user can predict the moves on his opponent, it's said in the fight against Haku, it's said in the fight against Gaara, and it's re-hinted in the fight against Rock Lee when he said that even if the Sharingan can read his movements it's useless because Sasuke's body hasn't the reflexes to use that. So once again : it's stated in the manga

3/Read my posts instead of making a fool of yourself, i never said that it was impossible for the Byakugan to have more abilities (and not more moves sigh ), I said that until they would be showed in the manga you can't say that new abilities exist.

4/I never say that it was common, I say that it wasn't unique to the Hyuga and I never speak about the Chidori or the R*. jutsu, they're punctual jutsu, not something that you can use to permanently upgrade your fighting style during a whole fight.

Quote:
Also Gai said don't "focus" on the user's eye. With the byukagan eactivated they won't focus on their eyes. It can be like not seeing htem at all but their chakra pathways.
Once again re-watch the manga or anime instead of saying stupidities, Neji never stops to comment how are the eyes of his opponent, things don't disappear when you use the Byakugan, it's the opposite.
The Byakugan isn't a uninsight ability who would allow not to be focused on everything ( ), it's exactly the opposite, an crazy insight ability allowing to notice every single details at almost 360.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 12:06   Link #233
Unidentified
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
In reading your opponent. You seem to think even in your latest post that anybody can do it as good as the Hyuga. Kakashi specifically said that they have a high level of insight. When it comes to looking at people it's worse than say looking the environment?

I said your biased based on the fact that I remember someone saying it(well it might have been nine devil) that siad something along the lines of that it's more possible that the sharingan has more moves that hasn't been shown than the byukagan. That's quite stupid in my opinion. How am I biased?

The quote if you call it that about Rock Lee. There's a difference between reading your movements and seeing into the future and knowing what they're going to do.

I never said that you think it's impossible that the byukagan as more abilites. read the first paragraph of my post about that.

I don't base all my things on comments. If you see the time in the manga where Neji looks at Shino you see how they see the opponenets when they look into them. I don't see any eyes solidly there.
You seem to think that all you say is facts.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 12:49   Link #234
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
In reading your opponent. You seem to think even in your latest post that anybody can do it as good as the Hyuga. Kakashi specifically said that they have a high level of insight. When it comes to looking at people it's worse than say looking the environment?
I become tired to cut and past sentences of my own posts because you seem to have some difficulty ro read them : not that this bloodline [the Byakugan] can't help because with it you will not miss a single details, but the Sharingan or any people with a good sens of attention can do the same.

When did I say that the Byakugan's capacity to look at people should be worse than looking the environment blahblahblah?

Never. It's that difficult to stop to invent point and just read what I say instead?

Quote:
I said your biased based on the fact that I remember someone saying it(well it might have been nine devil) that siad something along the lines of that it's more possible that the sharingan has more moves that hasn't been shown than the byukagan. That's quite stupid in my opinion. How am I biased?
Differently speaking, you said that i'm biaised because someone else said something that I personally didn't say.
...
Your logic makes perfect sens.

Quote:
The quote if you call it that about Rock Lee. There's a difference between reading your movements and seeing into the future and knowing what they're going to do.
Okey now that becomes worrying.
You did notice that I say 2 or 3 times that the Sharingan can't see into the future right?

Quote:
I never said that you think it's impossible that the byukagan as more abilites. read the first paragraph of my post about that.
=
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
You somehow think it's more possible for the sharingan to have more moves than the byukagan
You don't read my post, you answer to other people's belief as it was mine and now you also forget your own post?

Quote:
I don't base all my things on comments. If you see the time in the manga where Neji looks at Shino you see how they see the opponenets when they look into them. I don't see any eyes solidly there.
lol yeah I noticed that, when something doesn't please you, you just ignore it.
The manga states that the Kainten use a large amount of chakra? Who cares.
The manga states that the Sharingan can predict the moves? Who cares.
The manga states that the Byakugan see everything including eyes? Who cares.
The manga shows plenty of people feeling murderous intent? Who cares.
...
No wonder you seem to not read what I'm saying, you probably just ignore what you don't like.

Then try to think at least a little, it's imposible to draw what the Hyuga see, the panels in the manga would be all black by the innumerable features of every single things around.

That's as stupid as to say that Neji doesn't hit 64 times during the 64 hands of Hakke because Kishimoto didn't draw every single of the 64 impacts but just much of them

Quote:
You seem to think that all you say is facts.
No, i think that everything that the manga states is a fact, contrary to you who 'doesn't base all your things on comments' in the manga.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 13:40   Link #235
Unidentified
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
I become tired to cut and past sentences of my own posts because you seem to have some difficulty ro read them : not that this bloodline [the Byakugan] can't help because with it you will not miss a single details, but the Sharingan or any people with a good sens of attention can do the same.

When did I say that the Byakugan's capacity to look at people should be worse than looking the environment blahblahblah?

Never. It's that difficult to stop to invent point and just read what I say instead?
You even posted it again. You said "but the sharingan or any people with a good sense of attention can do the same". Same as what? You were talking about the byukagan so it looks like you say it can do the same as the byukgan.


Quote:
Differently speaking, you said that i'm biaised because someone else said something that I personally didn't say.
...
Your logic makes perfect sens.
... I meant that whoever posted it, I thought it was you at first but it might have been Nine-Devil(well the sharingan avatar is a clue) is biased. Favors one thing over another just so you know what biased means.


Quote:
Okey now that becomes worrying.
You did notice that I say 2 or 3 times that the Sharingan can't see into the future right?
I wasn't sure about that one, I never said you did by the way. I just didn' t understand what you meant.



Quote:
lol yeah I noticed that, when something doesn't please you, you just ignore it.
The manga states that the Kainten use a large amount of chakra? Who cares.
The manga states that the Sharingan can predict the moves? Who cares.
The manga states that the Byakugan see everything including eyes? Who cares.
The manga shows plenty of people feeling murderous intent? Who cares.
...
The manga never states that the byukagan can see everything including eyes all the time. It never says that. They dont' make the veins pop out for no reason. Like Hinata did that move that allowed her to see great distances. Neji was able to see through Shino(that thing I'm talking about) with whatever move he did, not incluidng the eyes, the eyes were not opaque.

The murderous intent, there's a reason that I also gave an example of Neji and Hinate fight. They have greater perception I think that would also mean they can see how the person reacts to things better also.

I know the manga says that sharingan can predict moves. You can say that predicting is knowing what they would do best on what you know about them or seeing them do the move in an extremely slow and detailed way(what i think it does as shown in the anime) or ou can say that it can see in the future which I doubt it can.

Quote:
No wonder you seem to not read what I'm saying, you probably just ignore what you don't like.
I can say the same thing to you.

[quote]
Then try to think at least a little, it's imposible to draw what the Hyuga see, the panels in the manga would be all black by the innumerable features of every single things around.

That's as stupid as to say that Neji doesn't hit 64 times during the 64 hands of Hakke because Kishimoto didn't draw every single of the 64 impacts but just much of them
[\quote]
Reread the time Neji sees Shino.

Quote:
No, i think that everything that the manga states is a fact, contrary to you who 'doesn't base all your things on comments' in the manga.
I base things not only on comments in the manga, but on what he draws also. And if I don't I say I think and probably if you haven't noticed.


I added quotes just in case you forget what you posed again.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 19:32   Link #236
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Unidentified, mention my one more time i will report you.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 20:08   Link #237
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
how do you know that? Sharingan could be the worst match for a Byakugan.
Or Byakugan could be the worst matchup for a Sharigan user, yes even the almighty Godlike Itachi.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 20:21   Link #238
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified
You even posted it again. You said "but the sharingan or any people with a good sense of attention can do the same". Same as what? You were talking about the byukagan so it looks like you say it can do the same as the byukgan.
You just have to read my post to know that...
I (because it seems that it wasn't a 'we' after all) discussed of the ability to say that someone is scared because he touches his lips, that he thinks about the past by looking to the left top, that he lies by looking at the blahblahblah.

It isn't a capacity of the Byakugan, you just have to look closely at the face of someone to do the same.

Quote:
The manga never states that the byukagan can see everything including eyes all the time. It never says that. They dont' make the veins pop out for no reason. Like Hinata did that move that allowed her to see great distances. Neji was able to see through Shino(that thing I'm talking about) with whatever move he did, not incluidng the eyes, the eyes were not opaque.
Neji just used his Byakugan, as he did when he fought Naruto and commented about his eyes and as he did against Hinata and commented about her eyes (Neji like people's eyes )

Once again when Kishimoto draw a Byakugan vision, he didn't draw all what a Hyuga sees, it's impossible.
When Neji looked at Shino, the manga shows the bugs because it's the current point, Neji is still able to see though Shino but it's not drawn because the panel would be illegible.
That's the same when Neji and Hinata looked at each others with the Byakugan, there wasn't any background at all, all the panel was grey.
That doesn't mean that when they look at the inner coil they become unable to see around them, just that the important point was to show the inner coils system.

Quote:
The murderous intent, there's a reason that I also gave an example of Neji and Hinate fight. They have greater perception I think that would also mean they can see how the person reacts to things better also.
The Byakugan isn't about perception, that's only a question of greatness of the ninja.
That's like Itachi feeling Sasuke's arrival in his back, he hasn't the Byakugan to see behind him, he just senced him.
And anyway Hiashi wasn't even using the Byakugan when he sensed the saki of his brother lol

In the other hand, it's true that a Byakugan user can react to thing better since he can see every single details that happens at the same time.

Quote:
I know the manga says that sharingan can predict moves. You can say that predicting is knowing what they would do best on what you know about them or seeing them do the move in an extremely slow and detailed way(what i think it does as shown in the anime) or ou can say that it can see in the future which I doubt it can.
Seeing something extremely slow isn't predicting at all (at which part of the anime do you refer btw?) and the Sharingan can't see in the future, it was stated at the beginning of the series.
The Sharingan can see through a Taijutsu style as well as a Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, once the user has understand the way of moving of the opponent he can predict the moves, that's what Sasuke did against Haku and Gaara.

Quote:
I can say the same thing to you.
Oh really? Care to show me something that you said and that I ignored? Or something stated in the manga that I would have ignored?

Quote:
Reread the time Neji sees Shino.
I spoke about that above, what's the relation with the fact that it's impossible to draw all what the Byakugan can see?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 20:31   Link #239
Necrodeath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Netherlands, Maastricht
Age: 29
Omg hunter, you must really like this thread.

Ok, I'm not going to add something to the discussion here, since my lack of knowledge of them both will probably end up in saying that "I'm wrong" and "it's not true", or, "it doesn't work that way". All I can say is that I read Dragon Flame's signature thingy, and that I was convinced afterwards...
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 20:48   Link #240
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The Byakugan isn't about perception, that's only a question of greatness of the ninja.
That's like Itachi feeling Sasuke's arrival in his back, he hasn't the Byakugan to see behind him, he just senced him.
And anyway Hiashi wasn't even using the Byakugan when he sensed the saki of his brother lol
He didn't sense Sasuke, he heard him, I mean the guy was screaming Naruto and running pretty hard, you'd have to be an idiot not to hear him coming.

You could say the Byakugan does have increased perception as well, like when Neji pretty much described Naruto's feelings, Neji doesn't know Naruto, he only met the kid at the Chunnin exams, before that he never knew Naruto, he's only seem him for a short time.

Saki = a point, tip, end, could be used for penisula

Sakki = thirst for blood
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.