AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-03, 11:07   Link #321
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Not QUITE what he meant - there is a Flash site that has more information that sarcasteak provided in the small scans - but as far as I know the page is down.
You miss my point, I did read the whole book, and the speed of Neji is stated one and only time and at less than Sasuke/Lee

Quote:
EDIT: And as far as I know, Tai Chi is based in part on Pa Kua Chang and Xing Yi Chuan for inner style, and basic Shaolin Chuan for external style. Or at least that's what my teacher believes.
There is 3 main Tai Chi inner style, the Bagua Zhang is the last of the three.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 13:04   Link #322
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
But well, it's always possible, as possible as a 3rd Taijutsu move involving ligthning (I don't think so) and an ultimate and most powerful attack named Izanagi (the god who created Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi from his eyes) for the Uchiha.
Damn i knew something about 3rd attack being taijutsu , but lightning! Damn i hope Kishimoto makes it super neat! I need to see it damn!!!!
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 13:31   Link #323
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Damn i knew something about 3rd attack being taijutsu , but lightning! Damn i hope Kishimoto makes it super neat! I need to see it damn!!!!
The last of the major gods IS a storm god, after all...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 13:37   Link #324
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Damn i knew something about 3rd attack being taijutsu , but lightning! Damn i hope Kishimoto makes it super neat! I need to see it damn!!!!
Don't forget that it's nothing but guesses, the 3rd attack thingy was guessed because Amaterasu the goddess of the Sun and Tsukiyomi the goddess of the Moon has a brother named Susano, the god of Thunder.
Since the first special attack is about Genjutsu and the second about Ninjutsu it was said that the 3rd attack would be about Taijutsu.

Personally I don't really think so because Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi were related to the eyes -they're born from the eyes of Izanagi, whereas Susano is born from his nose and thus not really related to an eyes jutsus (but maybe Itachi can annihilate everything when he sneezes )

Beside I think that Susano's is already 'used' in Naruto.
It's Sasuke.
The dark and coleric God of Thunder (Lightning Edge), driven out of Heaven by Amaterasu's will (Itachi slaughtering the Uchiha clan) and finally killing the dragon/snake with eight head and tails Yamata-no-Orochi (Orochimaru) and obtained the Kusanagi (Oro's sword).
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 15:11   Link #325
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Don't forget that it's nothing but guesses, the 3rd attack thingy was guessed because Amaterasu the goddess of the Sun and Tsukiyomi the goddess of the Moon has a brother named Susano, the god of Thunder.
Since the first special attack is about Genjutsu and the second about Ninjutsu it was said that the 3rd attack would be about Taijutsu.

Personally I don't really think so because Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi were related to the eyes -they're born from the eyes of Izanagi, whereas Susano is born from his nose and thus not really related to an eyes jutsus (but maybe Itachi can annihilate everything when he sneezes )

Beside I think that Susano's is already 'used' in Naruto.
It's Sasuke.
The dark and coleric God of Thunder (Lightning Edge), driven out of Heaven by Amaterasu's will (Itachi slaughtering the Uchiha clan) and finally killing the dragon/snake with eight head and tails Yamata-no-Orochi (Orochimaru) and obtained the Kusanagi (Oro's sword).

Ironically FWIW in Japanese Mythology, Susanoo is from the Hyuga tribe. Which would go well with the theory in Naruto that the Sharingan originated from the Byakugan
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 01:21   Link #326
Explosion of Youth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 25
"Why do you think the Uchiha clan is the strongest? The answer is....Sharingan"
-Itachi Ep 82

Please despute that.
Explosion of Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 04:35   Link #327
Dorfl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
Err... <_< >_>; why WOULDN'T he say his own clan was the strongest? Hmm...but why WOULD he say it was strong after he totally wiped them out? Anyway, by your own argument, Hiashi says the Hyuga clan in the strongest in ep...70-something. 79? 78?
__________________
Dorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 04:37   Link #328
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosion of Youth
"Why do you think the Uchiha clan is the strongest? The answer is....Sharingan"
-Itachi Ep 82

Please despute that.
Easy

Sure

Hiashi "Hyuga are the strongest in Konoha"

It's called being arrogant, I'm sure Itachi is not going to say the Uchiha are weak. That was really the lamest thing you could have used ever
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 06:51   Link #329
Explosion of Youth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 25
I wouldn't say it is that arrogant seeing that 20+ people back that statement up while hisashi is the only person who says something like that about hyuuga. To me it looks like he is the more arrogant one.

Its just the way the story is written though, if hyuuga truely was the strongest all main characters and plots would revolve around hyuuga, instead of them just being secondary characters to push the plot along. Thats just how these kind of shows work.

Looking at lameness, how lame is the Uchiha were only feared because of Itachi. LOL. Yea great logic there.
Explosion of Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 07:48   Link #330
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Hiashi is true, they are the strongest now. Itachi is true too; they were the strongest.

Btw lets make it clear Im a
Spoiler:
Fanboi ROFL!
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 11:59   Link #331
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosion of Youth
I wouldn't say it is that arrogant seeing that 20+ people back that statement up while hisashi is the only person who says something like that about hyuuga. To me it looks like he is the more arrogant one.

Its just the way the story is written though, if hyuuga truely was the strongest all main characters and plots would revolve around hyuuga, instead of them just being secondary characters to push the plot along. Thats just how these kind of shows work.

Looking at lameness, how lame is the Uchiha were only feared because of Itachi. LOL. Yea great logic there.
20+ people? Um...no....
Itachi
Kakashi (who has a Sharingan eye)
Orochimaru (for reasons already discussed...here? somewhere else? I don't remember anymore)
Zabuza (sort of - I talked about this many pages ago)

That's all I can remember, and I mentioned why Oro's opinion is biased and something about Zabuza's opinion, so we're left with
Itachi (w/ Sharingan)
Kakashi (w/Sharingan)
and their opinions about their own eyes count for very little to me.

Saying "The Sharingan is stronger because the storyline requires it to be" is an admission that you don't have a real argument. Sorry - try again.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 12:15   Link #332
Coder8
CommanderBunBun
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Spoiler:
__________________
Curse Seal Theory - The Curse Seal controls the chakra growth and who knows what else involving the users life. If the user disobeys Oro-san, they lose something...Great.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 12:40   Link #333
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 14:01   Link #334
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosion of Youth
Looking at lameness, how lame is the Uchiha were only feared because of Itachi. LOL. Yea great logic there.
Actually I was saying the Uchiha were feared because of a few people, the latest being Itachi. Then you look at the Hyuuga, almost every Hyuga is a fighter, and are strong, some stronger than others. While in the Uchiha, there obviously aren't alot, seeing as Itachi got rid of them all pretty easily.

"Sharingan is stronger because the story requires it to be." (paraphrasing)

Well no duh, still 2nd lamest thing ever. BTW that doesn't show the Sharingan is stronger, just some users, because to me Sasuke very weak and he needs shortcuts to get stronger, I mean if the Sharingan is so strong why does he take shortcuts?

If the Sharingan is so strong, how come Sasuke wasn't the strongest kid in all of Konoha? Why did they say Neji was?

So as I said, I don't think the Sharingan is stronger, just some members who use the Sharingan could be stronger than some Byakugan users
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 14:29   Link #335
Last of the Uchiha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Actually I was saying the Uchiha were feared because of a few people, the latest being Itachi. Then you look at the Hyuuga, almost every Hyuga is a fighter, and are strong, some stronger than others. While in the Uchiha, there obviously aren't alot, seeing as Itachi got rid of them all pretty easily.

"Sharingan is stronger because the story requires it to be." (paraphrasing)

Well no duh, still 2nd lamest thing ever. BTW that doesn't show the Sharingan is stronger, just some users, because to me Sasuke very weak and he needs shortcuts to get stronger, I mean if the Sharingan is so strong why does he take shortcuts?

If the Sharingan is so strong, how come Sasuke wasn't the strongest kid in all of Konoha? Why did they say Neji was?

So as I said, I don't think the Sharingan is stronger, just some members who use the Sharingan could be stronger than some Byakugan users
If you read the manga which i'm sure you do, the clan that always been the talk of town is the Uchiha, not the Hyuga. The sharingan may not appear in every members but the exceptions are more that enough. Also, not all the Hyuga members have the secret techniques which only the House Branch have, the only exception is Neji. You could say that the Uchiha has a House Branch and the other Branch. "Sharingan is stronger because the story requires it to be." (paraphrasing) Look for another better excuse. Sasuke is strong and even more now that he has cut his ties with the Leaf. The same thing his brother did, although Itachi was a real genious back then. He needs to develope his sharingan and once he do, trust me even the Head of the Huyga would beg for his life. First of all, they didn't said Neji was the strongest just the number one rookie that year just as Sasuke, don't invent things without proof. The Sharingan user are stronger than the Hyuga members.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 14:38   Link #336
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Magical land! (Magica-ru land!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
First of all, they didn't said Neji was the strongest just the number one rookie that year just as Sasuke, don't invent things without proof.
Kakashi, a Sharingan user said that Sasuke was no match for Neji...
__________________
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 14:43   Link #337
Last of the Uchiha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Kakashi, a Sharingan user said that Sasuke was no match for Neji...
That was back then, where even Naruto couldn't have beaten Neji. Sasuke has now Lee's speed and Taijutsu and Kakashi's Chidori. Sasuke > Neji.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 15:23   Link #338
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Magical land! (Magica-ru land!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
That was back then.
When they were truly rookies, now they're all chuunin level, even if they're not chuunins...
__________________
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 15:25   Link #339
raikage
日本語を食べません!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco
Age: 31
Both fighters are different now than they were at the Chuunin prelims.

Sasuke is faster and has the Chidori.

Neji has 64 Hands and Kaiten (which he had before but we never saw).

When you say "Sasuke is faster" you mean running speed. I doubt that any genin can match Neji's quickness in actual hand-to-hand combat.

Lee's taijutsu and speed were never quite enough to defeat Neji. What makes one think that Sasuke, who's not as fast nor as polished and refined, would be any better?

Apparently the Chidori's power is focused in the hand, not the entire arm like I originally thought. This means it is easier to counter, as someone can grab the wrist, forearm, or elbow and the Chidori is now pretty much neutralized.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 16:01   Link #340
Last of the Uchiha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 32
[QUOTE=raikage]

Lee's taijutsu and speed were never quite enough to defeat Neji. What makes one think that Sasuke, who's not as fast nor as polished and refined, would be any better?

QUOTE] Lee never got the chance to used the gates on Neji, which was the key to defeat him as Gai said. I don't want to sound like a prick but Sasuke could beat Neji. Reason? Sharingan. The sharingan has always played an important part in the Naruto universe. We only know two techniques of the Sharingan and they are kage level. If we count the one that the anime episode showed with Itachi, he had something similar to the Kaiten and he didn't spin tp performed. I know that wan't in the manga, but why they did it. When Sasuke gains his brother fast movements, he will hit Neji with with anything he wants, without being hit with the 64 hake move. In the end. Neji can be a genious there is no denying that but he won't a match for Sasuke.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.