AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-07, 08:36   Link #441
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
I actually wont ignore it, but I'd just rather trust the translations from an actual Japanese person that speaks it on a daily basis, than say a translator who's doing it free of charge, and has messed up translations before. Then granted the slightest change in words can change the entire meaning of a sentence
They say Tupac is alive, don't believe everything you hear.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 10:08   Link #442
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Spoiler:
That's exactly my point Raikage, notice that I didn't say that i would bet on Sasuke's victory either
High speed is always the most important factor in pure Taijutsu even if the Sharingan and the Byakugan can give an advantage even against faster people.
The point is that as you said, that would put Sasuke's Taijutsu on almost the same level of Neji's advanced Jyuken.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Spoiler:
Certainely not.
Spoiler:

Then no, Neji is a better Taijutsu fighter than Sasuke mainly because of his awesome fighting style, erase the gap between their style and they become more or less equal.
Sasuke remains faster which can be countered by Neji's Byakugan and reflexes which can be countered by Sasuke's Sharingan and speed which can be etc.

Quote:
If he know's Sasuke is using CS, before Sasuke goes in for the attack, he can create a Chakra force field at that spot, stoping Sasuke's attac, and giving him enough time to do one of the following. Kill Sasuke, seal his tenketsus in his arms, etc etc
Sasuke can predict and avoid this counter with his Sharingan and speed, wait for the end of the spin of the Kaiten (because your point about a particular spot is stupid, Neji can't know where Sasuke will aim before the strike and anyway the Sharingan can see the aura of chakra...) and strikes whatever he wants at this moment, etc.
...
These little scenarios are stupid, everybody can invent whatever situation and decide who will win.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 14:30   Link #443
Shadamehr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
Re: debate about blanket statements
Well it's my opinion that it when you debating with a specific person/group of persons, then you have to have established consensus with that group before using a point as a development for further conclusions. In any case, it's clear that you disagree on that, so let's just forget about it and move on. We've established that we both agree the Sharingan is more versatile, and we are now discussing whether or not the Byakugan is more powerful.

Quote:
Bingo. These "body/mind traits" are part of the Hyuuga bloodline that help them have greater control on where and how they emit chakra from their body.
Opinion. We have no proof of this, and if you listen to Temari, she say's it is the jyuuken training that let's him do this. This isn't proof that non-Hyuugas could develop those body/mind traits, but it certainly is indicative of it. So without proof, we cannot assume either way whether or not with training non-Hyugas could use the jyuuken, do kaitens, etc. etc.

Quote:
But the Sharingan wasn't useful at that very moment, making your statement that the Sharingan is useful in all situations to be untrue. It can be nullified and therefore, not useful.
It WAS useful. It moved Sasuke from getting his ass kicked and not knowing what was going on, to getting his ass kicked and knowing what was going on (plus learning a move in the process). To be useful does not have to mean making the difference between loss and victory. The Sharingan has ALWAYS been useful in combat, even if it wasn't sufficient to bring about victory.

Quote:
You took that out of context. That was meant to show that the Byakugan is more versatile then you believed. You continually stated how it is only one style of fighting. That passage was to show that that one style of fighting applies to every shinobi and is therefore applicable to every situation.
I don't see how it was out of context, when I merely read what you quoted to me and responded to it. In that very quote, your concluding sentence is that Sharingan is more versatile, Byakugan is more powerful.

Quote:
And do we even know the Amaterasu is an ability granted by the Sharingan? Or the Chidori for that matter?
Amaterasu, we don't know, we really don't know anything about it. But as I said, the point was that I WASN'T using it as an argument because it is only my OPINION that it's stronger and that it is Sharingan-only. As for the chidori, we know it is only useful to a Sharingan user, just as the jyuuken is only useful to a Byakugan user, even if someone else could learn it. The Byakugan doesn't give you the jyuuken for free, but it allows it to be used as an effective weapon. Just like the Sharingan doesn't give you the chidori for free, but it allows it to be used as an effective weapon. Does it really matter if other people could learn these techniques, knowing they would be useless to them?
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 15:05   Link #444
Last of the Uchiha
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 33
"And do we even know the Amaterasu is an ability granted by the Sharingan? Or the Chidori for that matter?"


To who ever said that. The Amateraru is a Sharingan ability that only the true successors are able to execute. The chidori is not a sharingan ability, but when combine with, its easier to kill someone without risking the user life in the process.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 15:40   Link #445
aptenergy
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
To others on this forum who've written responses, uh, maybe I'll get around to writing a reply. These things are quite long haha.

Anyway I think Kaiten and the Jyuuken techniques can be duplicated, but I think it's extremely clear that no one will be able to ever take those techniques as far as the Byakugan user can.

For Kaiten, you're spinning like a top emitting chakra from every point in your body. This requires two things: chakra control and knowledge of your surroundings. Byakugan users are optimized for chakra control because they can see chakra flow and therefore know exactly how to use it. Sure someone else can just emit chakra like crazy, but it will take time to make sure that 1) they are covering every point evenly, and 2) using just the right amount of chakra to do it. With a Byakugan user, they can focus on points where they have trouble, but a typical ninja has little or no diagnostic ability.

Whether a Hyuuga actually has the genetic advantage in emitting chakra is another story. I might say yes, because Neji has that control even though very few ninja (from genin through jounin) do. My guess is that seeing your chakra has no point if you don't know how to emit chakra at that point, i.e. I know I can see my ears in a mirror but I can't wiggle them.

Second, when you're spinning like a top, I don't know about you, but when I get out of it I have no idea where my position is. Nor do I know, while I'm spinning, who is around me and what they are doing. A typical ninja may have some more insight but I doubt that they have too much more. But a Byakugan user knows everything around him/herself and so that would make this sort of thing much much easier. So IF someone were to be able to emit chakra from every point in their body, while they were spinning, unless they were a Byakugan user, they would have no freaking clue where the other guys were. It'd be an "absolute" defense, but a poor one in the end.

As for Jyuuken, I figure someone could study the body for long enough that they would know all the chakra points anyway
Spoiler:
but since it is a fighting style that is comparable to Lee and Gai's style (which Gai seems to characterize in the anime as an equal fighting style from a different angle), no one would be able to learn the fighting style as quickly or as completely as the Hyuuga. It would take a medical ninja a bit of training to know all the chakra points and the tenketsu, and then it would take them many more years to develop the fighting style that comes with it.

And for 64 Hands, the tenketsu are needle wide. That makes it hard for Neji already, who's already gifted, much, much harder for Hinata, and next to impossible for everyone else.

From all that, I don't think Kaiten, the Jyuuken, or 64 Hands are ever meant by Kishimoto to be copied, even though they fundamentally can be. They're just too specialized for the Hyuuga for any non-Byakugan user to be reasonably competent in them.
aptenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:05   Link #446
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Magical land! (Magica-ru land!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptenergy
Byakugan users are optimized for chakra control because they can see chakra flow and therefore know exactly how to use it. Sure someone else can just emit chakra like crazy, but it will take time to make sure that 1) they are covering every point evenly, and 2) using just the right amount of chakra to do it. With a Byakugan user, they can focus on points where they have trouble, but a typical ninja has little or no diagnostic ability.
When you say emitting chakra, you seem to be talking about something else than what Neji is doing. He is emitting chakra from every tenketsu in his body and Tenten brags a lot about this during the Neji vs Naruto fight. Elite jounins and such might be able to emit chakra from their hands or fingertips, but she says it is extremely difficult. Thus I don't think someone else can just emit chakra like crazy and it would have the same effect as Neji's/Hyuuga's technique.
Quote:
Whether a Hyuuga actually has the genetic advantage in emitting chakra is another story. I might say yes, because Neji has that control even though very few ninja (from genin through jounin) do. My guess is that seeing your chakra has no point if you don't know how to emit chakra at that point, i.e. I know I can see my ears in a mirror but I can't wiggle them.
I just have to say I agree with this
__________________
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:25   Link #447
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
They say Tupac is alive, don't believe everything you hear.
You do realize that makes absolutely no sense to what we're discussing.

Pretty much you're telling me to take the word of a translation from someone who's made mistakes before, and is doing it free of charge, over someone who IS Japanese, and speaks it on a daily basis because that's all they speak at home?

WTF
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:31   Link #448
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Pretty much you're telling me to take the word of a translation from someone who's made mistakes before, and is doing it free of charge, over someone who IS Japanese, and speaks it on a daily basis because that's all they speak at home?
1- It seems to me you are the only one saying that without even backing up your argument.

2-If so why does everyone reads Inane version of Naruto manga.

3-They have started to do the old chapters and it seems they have taken their time with it, why should they even bother if its not that accurate?? Im pretty sure there are other translators in Inane group.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:45   Link #449
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
[QUOTE=Hunter]That's exactly my point Raikage, notice that I didn't say that i would bet on Sasuke's victory either
High speed is always the most important factor in pure Taijutsu even if the Sharingan and the Byakugan can give an advantage even against faster people.
The point is that as you said, that would put Sasuke's Taijutsu on almost the same level of Neji's advanced Jyuken.


Spoiler:



Certainely not.
Quote:
Spoiler:

Then no, Neji is a better Taijutsu fighter than Sasuke mainly because of his awesome fighting style, erase the gap between their style and they become more or less equal.
Sasuke remains faster which can be countered by Neji's Byakugan and reflexes which can be countered by Sasuke's Sharingan and speed which can be etc.
That made absolutely no sense, that's like saying the only reason why Bruce Lee is a great fighter because of his fighting styel............no crap, take away any person's fighting style and they will suck end of discussion. Take away Rock's Gouken style, and he becomes nothing. I don't see what you were trying to point out with that. Without Jyuken Neji and him would be on par, Ok fine, take away Sasuke's Sharingan aswell.



Quote:
Sasuke can predict and avoid this counter with his Sharingan and speed, wait for the end of the spin of the Kaiten (because your point about a particular spot is stupid, Neji can't know where Sasuke will aim before the strike and anyway the Sharingan can see the aura of chakra...) and strikes whatever he wants at this moment, etc.
You mean sort of how Neji blocked Naruto's blow to the face by using a chakra field in that spot, then using Kaiten to throw him back. Or how to cover his blind spot, Hyuga members emit a chakra field in that spot?.

I don't remember the Sharingan being able to see aura of chakra like that. They just see blobs which represent each person, if you're alive you have chakra, and the Sharingan user will see that blob. How is seeing this blob going to help Sasuke? He can't see where the chakra is being directed to, that's they Byakugan.


...
Quote:
These little scenarios are stupid, everybody can invent whatever situation and decide who will win.
Weren't you the guy saying "If Sasuke had a Chakra Scapel, and Neji didn't have his Jyuken fighting style........
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:56   Link #450
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
1- It seems to me you are the only one saying that without even backing up your argument.
Because unlike you, I pretty much know my friend can speak Japanese, Back up my argument what, do you want me to get an language test to prove she can speak Japanese or something?

Quote:
2-If so why does everyone reads Inane version of Naruto manga.
Because not everyone knows Japanese, or can get the Japanese manga, or knows someone who can speak Japanese fluently..........DUH

Quote:
3-They have started to do the old chapters and it seems they have taken their time with it, why should they even bother if its not that accurate?? Im pretty sure there are other translators in Inane group.
Maybe they do it because they offer a better translation than most, that doesn't automatically mean it's 100% accurate. I know there are several members in INANE, I'm not doubting their abilites, I just rather trust a first hand source.

You get your translations from Inane, good for you, I get mine from a friend. Explain how Inane's is right, and my friend's are automatically wrong.

You're trying to prove the Tsukiyomi can kill, I haven't seen it kill, yes Kisame said he's suprised he's still alive, but as I said, if he was implying that the Tsukiyomi could kill he would have said something like "Oh that attack breaks down the enemy's spirit. I'm surpised (it) the attack didn't kill him." But he says according to Inane "I'm suprised he's still alive" which he said after he went over to Itachi. It's the same as you guys coming to the conclusion, that the 64 Hands can only "disable" a person but not kill them, even though they never stated if it could or not, and you haven't seen it kill

Don't say but Kakashi, because has it ever occurred to you that he was ASSUMING it could kill? Because obviously if it could, Kisame would have said I'm suprised it didn't kill him, not I'm suprised he's still alive" Making me think that he's suprised Itachi didn't finish him off, before Kisame got there

Last edited by Ke0; 2004-06-07 at 17:20.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 17:25   Link #451
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Because unlike you, I pretty much know my friend can speak Japanese, Back up my argument what, do you want me to get an language test to prove she can speak Japanese or something?



Because not everyone knows Japanese, or can get the Japanese manga, or knows someone who can speak Japanese fluently..........DUH



Maybe they do it because they offer a better translation than most, that doesn't automatically mean it's 100% accurate. I know there are several members in INANE, I'm not doubting their abilites, I just rather trust a first hand source.

You get your translations from Inane, good for you, I get mine from a friend. Explain how Inane's is right, and my friend's are automatically wrong.

You're trying to prove the Tsukiyomi can kill, I haven't seen it kill, yes Kisame said he's suprised he's still alive, but as I said, if he was implying that the Tsukiyomi could kill he would have said something like "Oh that attack breaks down the enemy's spirit. I'm surpised (it) the attack didn't kill him." But he says according to Inane "I'm suprised he's still alive" which he said after he went over to Itachi. It's the same as you guys coming to the conclusion, that the 64 Hands can only "disable" a person but not kill them, even though they never stated if it could or not, and you haven't seen it kill

Don't say but Kakashi, because has it ever occurred to you that he was ASSUMING it could kill? Because obviously if it could, Kisame would have said I'm suprised it didn't kill him, not I'm suprised he's still alive" Making me think that he's suprised Itachi didn't finish him off, before Kisame got there

Oh genuis one let me explain this to you if your mind thinks you are dead in some kind of halucination or whatever, you will be dead in real life too. I doubt you never heard that before? Go search the forum you would get across similar reply's. Its ridicilous Genjutsu can kill why not Tsukuyomi especially from someone like Itachi. And let me make it clear there are other versions of Naruto manga and all of them say the same thing. Not even Sarcasteak disagrees with that, he reads the Chinese version not like you whom getting from his friend. Ever considered she lies to you. Not that im implying.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 17:49   Link #452
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Oh genuis one let me explain this to you if your mind thinks you are dead in some kind of halucination or whatever, you will be dead in real life too. I doubt you never heard that before? Go search the forum you would get across similar reply's. Its ridicilous Genjutsu can kill why not Tsukuyomi especially from someone like Itachi. And let me make it clear there are other versions of Naruto manga and all of them say the same thing. Not even Sarcasteak disagrees with that, he reads the Chinese version not like you whom getting from his friend. Ever considered she lies to you. Not that im implying.
As always you insult someone's intelligense yet you have nothing to back any of what you say with.

Ok genious ... where did you get that if your mind thinks your are dead in some kind of halucination or whatever you will be dead in real life, the matrix? Did kishimoto specify the same to be true for the Naruto world? Was there any character that said this is true for the Naruto world? Are you 100% sure that what you said is correct?

And no Genjutsu can't kill. It has to be followed up with a Kunai stabb or something physical. Get your facts straights. So comparing any genjutsu to sharingan jutsus is just as ridiculous.

And what kind of a lame arguement is "your friend is lieing to you". Do you know his friend? do you know for sure what his friend said? Can you give a reason as to why his freind would lie?

Edit: I have no doubt that the jutsu can breakdown someone's spirit to a point where they just die... but couldn't you explain that to him? Instead of making it look like you're breaking it down to an idiot? And your tone is so sure like you've seen it happen before ...

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-06-07 at 18:10.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 18:50   Link #453
Bane
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
Well it's my opinion that it when you debating with a specific person/group of persons, then you have to have established consensus with that group before using a point as a development for further conclusions. In any case, it's clear that you disagree on that, so let's just forget about it and move on. We've established that we both agree the Sharingan is more versatile, and we are now discussing whether or not the Byakugan is more powerful.
Agreed.

Quote:
Opinion. We have no proof of this, and if you listen to Temari, she say's it is the jyuuken training that let's him do this. This isn't proof that non-Hyuugas could develop those body/mind traits, but it certainly is indicative of it. So without proof, we cannot assume either way whether or not with training non-Hyugas could use the jyuuken, do kaitens, etc. etc.
aptenergy summed up most of my feelings on the subject. The Byakugan lets you fully exploit these techniques, while others have no chance to get anywhere near the level a Hyuuga can.

Quote:
It WAS useful. It moved Sasuke from getting his ass kicked and not knowing what was going on, to getting his ass kicked and knowing what was going on (plus learning a move in the process). To be useful does not have to mean making the difference between loss and victory. The Sharingan has ALWAYS been useful in combat, even if it wasn't sufficient to bring about victory.
And yet if Sasuke or Kakashi had died in those situations it wouldn't have been useful at all. Preparing you for the future isn't of any use if the present is what matters. The only reason I brought this up is to show that the Sharingan isn't useful in every sinlge situation. Its still extremely versatile.

Quote:
I don't see how it was out of context, when I merely read what you quoted to me and responded to it. In that very quote, your concluding sentence is that Sharingan is more versatile, Byakugan is more powerful.
You only responded to the last sentence, which was basically a tie in sentence to the rest of the argument. The point of the paragraph was to say "the Byakugan is more versatile then you think, but the Sharingan is still MORE versatile". You seemed to be short changing the Byakugan in many of your earlier arguments in terms of its versatility.

Quote:
Amaterasu, we don't know, we really don't know anything about it. But as I said, the point was that I WASN'T using it as an argument because it is only my OPINION that it's stronger and that it is Sharingan-only. As for the chidori, we know it is only useful to a Sharingan user, just as the jyuuken is only useful to a Byakugan user, even if someone else could learn it. The Byakugan doesn't give you the jyuuken for free, but it allows it to be used as an effective weapon. Just like the Sharingan doesn't give you the chidori for free, but it allows it to be used as an effective weapon. Does it really matter if other people could learn these techniques, knowing they would be useless to them?
Will you agree with me then that Jyuuken > Chidori? If the Amaterasu hasn't been proven to be Sharingan related.
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 18:51   Link #454
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
That made absolutely no sense, that's like saying the only reason why Bruce Lee is a great fighter because of his fighting styel............no crap, take away any person's fighting style and they will suck end of discussion. Take away Rock's Gouken style, and he becomes nothing. I don't see what you were trying to point out with that. Without Jyuken Neji and him would be on par, Ok fine, take away Sasuke's Sharingan aswell.
Could you please read my post?
Read carefully instead of contradict me for the sake of it :/
Did I say erase the figthing style of Neji?
No, that wouldn't make any sens for god sake.
I said give a fighting style with kinda equivalent effects to Sasuke, I precised which jutsu and how he could copy it with his Sharingan.

And I take Neji and Sasuke as example you can take a hypothetic Sharingan user if you really want to, but the Taijutsu abilities of Neji and Sasuke are known so it was simplier to use them that's all.
The point discussed is that main advantage in term of power of the Hyuga, ie the Jyuken, can be reproduced by a Sharingan user with the good jutsu.

Quote:
You mean sort of how Neji blocked Naruto's blow to the face by using a chakra field in that spot, then using Kaiten to throw him back. Or how to cover his blind spot, Hyuga members emit a chakra field in that spot?.
The second option, against Naruto it was the first step of the Kaiten, ie to emit a large amount of chakra to protect the body.

Quote:
I don't remember the Sharingan being able to see aura of chakra like that. They just see blobs which represent each person, if you're alive you have chakra, and the Sharingan user will see that blob. How is seeing this blob going to help Sasuke? He can't see where the chakra is being directed to, that's they Byakugan.
lol you misunderstand this part of the manga, did you really think that the Sharingan only saw blobs instead of people? How could they fight?
The blobs weren't people, they were the Genjutsu, the Sharingan allows to see the aura of chakra around the people.


Quote:
Weren't you the guy saying "If Sasuke had a Chakra Scapel, and Neji didn't have his Jyuken fighting style........
No re-read my post, I never said that.
Can't you understand the difference between saying : if Sasuke had copied the first Doton jutsu of Kakashi he could hide underground and to invent a whole fight and the reactions of the opponents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
You're trying to prove the Tsukiyomi can kill, I haven't seen it kill, yes Kisame said he's suprised he's still alive, but as I said, if he was implying that the Tsukiyomi could kill he would have said something like "Oh that attack breaks down the enemy's spirit. I'm surpised (it) the attack didn't kill him." But he says according to Inane "I'm suprised he's still alive" which he said after he went over to Itachi. It's the same as you guys coming to the conclusion, that the 64 Hands can only "disable" a person but not kill them, even though they never stated if it could or not, and you haven't seen it kill

Don't say but Kakashi, because has it ever occurred to you that he was ASSUMING it could kill? Because obviously if it could, Kisame would have said I'm suprised it didn't kill him, not I'm suprised he's still alive" Making me think that he's suprised Itachi didn't finish him off, before Kisame got there
Seriously this point is stupid, I never see the Rasengan kills either thus it can't kill.
Very logical isn't it?

Kisame would have said : 'I'm surprised that you didn't attack him' if he had though what you say.
He saw the fight he has no reason to be surprised that Kakashi is still alive if Itachi didn't attack him.
Kakashi suffers from a jutsu and wonders why he's still alive, Kisame sees that Kakashi is still alive and is surprised as well.
But noooo, they don't talk about the jutsu, they talk about something that never happens and Kisame is surprised that Kakashi is alive from another hypothetic attack that Itachi didn't make.
lol that's laughable :
Kisame : Hmm Itachi-san, I'm surprised that he still alive from the attack you didn't do, this copy-ninja is truely impressive
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 20:37   Link #455
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Florida
Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Im confused here I thought the Mangekyou was a weaker attack from which the the Tsukyomi came from?
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 21:13   Link #456
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Oh genuis one let me explain this to you if your mind thinks you are dead in some kind of halucination or whatever, you will be dead in real life too. I doubt you never heard that before? Go search the forum you would get across similar reply's. Its ridicilous Genjutsu can kill why not Tsukuyomi especially from someone like Itachi. And let me make it clear there are other versions of Naruto manga and all of them say the same thing. Not even Sarcasteak disagrees with that, he reads the Chinese version not like you whom getting from his friend. Ever considered she lies to you. Not that im implying.

Ever heard of a term called brain dead?
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 21:25   Link #457
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Could you please read my post?
Read carefully instead of contradict me for the sake of it :/
Did I say erase the figthing style of Neji?
No, that wouldn't make any sens for god sake.
I said give a fighting style with kinda equivalent effects to Sasuke, I precised which jutsu and how he could copy it with his Sharingan.
I think you should reread your post, or edit it, you say clearly

[paraphrasing]The reason Neji is so good in Taijutsu is mainly because of his Jyuken style. Take that away and he and Sasuke are on par taijutsu wise.[/paraphrasing]

Again..........No crap

And I take Neji and Sasuke as example you can take a hypothetic Sharingan user if you really want to, but the Taijutsu abilities of Neji and Sasuke are known so it was simplier to use them that's all.
The point discussed is that main advantage in term of power of the Hyuga, ie the Jyuken, can be reproduced by a Sharingan user with the good jutsu.


Quote:
The second option, against Naruto it was the first step of the Kaiten, ie to emit a large amount of chakra to protect the body.
That may have been the case with Naruto, but explain how they cover their blind spot? Against spiderboy, he emits chakra from one place to deflect an arrow from killing him.



Quote:
lol you misunderstand this part of the manga, did you really think that the Sharingan only saw blobs instead of people? How could they fight?
The blobs weren't people, they were the Genjutsu, the Sharingan allows to see the aura of chakra around the people.
Yeah I misunderstood that part, but still with the Sharingan it doesn't show where in the person's body the chakra is being circulated to the most in order to do the Jutsu. That's a function of the Byakugan


Seriously this point is stupid, I never see the Rasengan kills either thus it can't kill.
Very logical isn't it?

Quote:
Kisame would have said : 'I'm surprised that you didn't attack him' if he had though what you say.
He saw the fight he has no reason to be surprised that Kakashi is still alive if Itachi didn't attack him.
Kakashi suffers from a jutsu and wonders why he's still alive, Kisame sees that Kakashi is still alive and is surprised as well.
But noooo, they don't talk about the jutsu, they talk about something that never happens and Kisame is surprised that Kakashi is alive from another hypothetic attack that Itachi didn't make.
lol that's laughable :
Kisame : Hmm Itachi-san, I'm surprised that he still alive from the attack you didn't do, this copy-ninja is truely impressive
You're right, the Inane translations are 100% accurate, the Tsukiyomi can kill. But I do love how ironically you guys say the 64 Hands can't kill
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 21:30   Link #458
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Oh genuis one let me explain this to you if your mind thinks you are dead in some kind of halucination or whatever, you will be dead in real life too. I doubt you never heard that before? Go search the forum you would get across similar reply's. Its ridicilous Genjutsu can kill why not Tsukuyomi especially from someone like Itachi. And let me make it clear there are other versions of Naruto manga and all of them say the same thing. Not even Sarcasteak disagrees with that, he reads the Chinese version not like you whom getting from his friend. Ever considered she lies to you. Not that im implying.
No you won't you idiot, that myth has been disproven, seeing as I've "died" in my dreams many times yet I'm still here You can look on any professiona medical site and they will all say the samething, it's BS. I'm really getting tired of your smartass, as if you know every damn thing. Genjutsu don't kill, they trick the person so that the user of the Genjustu can go in for the kill themselves. That's another reason why I don't think the Tsukiyomi can kill, and that Kisame is suprised that Itachi didn't kill him, but I forgot, he has to say I'm suprised you itachi didn't kill him, for it to be true.

I love how you try to put me down when you really have nothing to say, it's amazing really.

The Byakugan is just as strong as the Sharingan, of course all my opinion, you can throw your "Itachi said" "Oro said" etc etc crap at me, My opinion won't change.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 22:05   Link #459
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
I think you should reread your post, or edit it, you say clearly

[paraphrasing]The reason Neji is so good in Taijutsu is mainly because of his Jyuken style. Take that away and he and Sasuke are on par taijutsu wise.[/paraphrasing]

Again..........No crap
...
You know the worse thing is that I believed you and really started to apologize to this bad writing when I had a doubt and checked my post.
And I never say that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Then no, Neji is a better Taijutsu fighter than Sasuke mainly because of his awesome fighting style, erase the gap between their style and they become more or less equal.
And I was precisely speaking about adding the CS to Sasuke to erase this gap.

So that's exactly what I said, except that now, I think that you did read my post but you faked the misunderstanding.
That's great really...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler tag please.
Then that's exactly what I said, Neji can't know where Sasuke will aim before the strike, to do that is an incredible and useless lose of chakra because he can't know where he will need to deflect a blow.
To be useful, Neji would do that with all his body
Spoiler:

And not only this is awfuly painful but also uses an incredible amount of chakra... Which isn't invisible for the Sharingan eyes.
A Sharingan user seeing that, would just have to wait that Neji falls, completely out of chakra.

Quote:
Yeah I misunderstood that part, but still with the Sharingan it doesn't show where in the person's body the chakra is being circulated to the most in order to do the Jutsu. That's a function of the Byakugan
Indeed, but it sees the chakra outside the body, which is enough in this particular situation.

Quote:
You're right, the Inane translations are 100% accurate, the Tsukiyomi can kill. But I do love how ironically you guys say the 64 Hands can't kill
What? I must have missed this point, when was it says that the 64 hands couldn't kill?
But anyway, it wasn't my point since I do think that you can kill someone with this move.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 22:41   Link #460
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
...
You know the worse thing is that I believed you and really started to apologize to this bad writing when I had a doubt and checked my post.
And I never say that.

And I was precisely speaking about adding the CS to Sasuke to erase this gap.
But you started talking about Sasuke using the Chakra Scalpel AFTER you made that comment. So to me it sounded like you were saying if you take away Neji's Jyuken, which IS the gap in that comment, seeing as sasuke using the chakra scalpel comment came after that one.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.