AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-06-07, 22:42   Link #461
Truesquirrel
Call me Squirrelmaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA
Age: 29
It is my firm belief that the Byakugan is superior to the Sharingan for the following reasons.

The Sharingan drains chakra at a great speed, and to take advantage of it fully (use sharingan skills) requires an even more enormous amount of chakra.
Spoiler:
We have no evidence that using the Byakugan requires more than a trivial amount of chakra at activation, and none of the Gentle Style attacks require it extensively. (Beyond viewing chakra holes or locating the enemy)

Viewing the chakra holes is beyond the abilities of the Sharingan, and as far as dispelling genjutsu, they both allow the user to see through the illusions.

The sharingan allows the user to copy jutsus, while the Byakugan does not. However, in a fight, the sharingan user would be totally unable to copy any of the moves performed by the Byakugan user, as they would not have nearly the chakra control afforded by Gentle Fist (Also, most moves used by the Hyuuga are bloodline techniques).

The Kaiten could stop most of the jutsus aimed at the Byakugan user, and if the Sharingan user were caught by the 64 Hands of Hakke, the fight would be over.
Truesquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 23:16   Link #462
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Florida
Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truesquirrel
It is my firm belief that the Byakugan is superior to the Sharingan for the following reasons.

The Sharingan drains chakra at a great speed, and to take advantage of it fully (use sharingan skills) requires an even more enormous amount of chakra.
Spoiler:
We have no evidence that using the Byakugan requires more than a trivial amount of chakra at activation, and none of the Gentle Style attacks require it extensively. (Beyond viewing chakra holes or locating the enemy)

Viewing the chakra holes is beyond the abilities of the Sharingan, and as far as dispelling genjutsu, they both allow the user to see through the illusions.

The sharingan allows the user to copy jutsus, while the Byakugan does not. However, in a fight, the sharingan user would be totally unable to copy any of the moves performed by the Byakugan user, as they would not have nearly the chakra control afforded by Gentle Fist (Also, most moves used by the Hyuuga are bloodline techniques).

The Kaiten could stop most of the jutsus aimed at the Byakugan user, and if the Sharingan user were caught by the 64 Hands of Hakke, the fight would be over.
Well if i dont recall didnt gentle fist style require chakra to damage body parts? Like when he hits a person he sends a blast of chakra through his chakra pipes to damage organs. So does the kaiten Its emitting Chakra from all ports of the body. Well as for Chakra Usage Sharingan Agreed uses a lot of Chakra but that depends on user. And Why cant we all agree that theyre pretty equal. Like Sharingan has is balances such as the Byakugan. Sharingan uses a lot of chakra but can do devestating mental (and possibly physical still need to look into that Amatseru still) with no physical contact. While Byakugan doesnt use much Chakra but needs user to be very skilled at the art of Gentle Fist and requires extremely close combat attacks but it is also very devastating in where damaging Organs and stopping chakra flow can be extremely effective.
I just wont take that answer as "Byakugan is superior to Sharingan" OR Vice Versa (maybe)

AS IVE SAID BEFORE IT COMES DOWN TO OPINION.
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 01:44   Link #463
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
Well if i dont recall didnt gentle fist style require chakra to damage body parts? Like when he hits a person he sends a blast of chakra through his chakra pipes to damage organs. So does the kaiten Its emitting Chakra from all ports of the body. Well as for Chakra Usage Sharingan Agreed uses a lot of Chakra but that depends on user. And Why cant we all agree that theyre pretty equal. Like Sharingan has is balances such as the Byakugan. Sharingan uses a lot of chakra but can do devestating mental (and possibly physical still need to look into that Amatseru still) with no physical contact. While Byakugan doesnt use much Chakra but needs user to be very skilled at the art of Gentle Fist and requires extremely close combat attacks but it is also very devastating in where damaging Organs and stopping chakra flow can be extremely effective.
I just wont take that answer as "Byakugan is superior to Sharingan" OR Vice Versa (maybe)

AS IVE SAID BEFORE IT COMES DOWN TO OPINION.
I agree with you 100%, but to most people on this thread, that means an Uchiha bloodline has an equal, but we all know that can never happen. For somonr who likes Uchiha, you're pretty level headed. *sighs* I wish more were like you, then again,it could be due to age.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 02:54   Link #464
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
It seems quite evident that if two users of equal skill, one in Byukugan and one in Sharingan battle, neither of them can take one of the stronger attacks of either party and hope to survive the fight. So it comes down to how good their defensive/dodging abilities are.

And that seems to be independent of the bloodline.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 05:26   Link #465
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
As always you insult someone's intelligense yet you have nothing to back any of what you say with.

Ok genious ... where did you get that if your mind thinks your are dead in some kind of halucination or whatever you will be dead in real life, the matrix? Did kishimoto specify the same to be true for the Naruto world? Was there any character that said this is true for the Naruto world? Are you 100% sure that what you said is correct?

And no Genjutsu can't kill. It has to be followed up with a Kunai stabb or something physical. Get your facts straights. So comparing any genjutsu to sharingan jutsus is just as ridiculous.

And what kind of a lame arguement is "your friend is lieing to you". Do you know his friend? do you know for sure what his friend said? Can you give a reason as to why his freind would lie?

Edit: I have no doubt that the jutsu can breakdown someone's spirit to a point where they just die... but couldn't you explain that to him? Instead of making it look like you're breaking it down to an idiot? And your tone is so sure like you've seen it happen before ...
I'm insulting him? Wtf what are you mother Teresa or something. Don't say you don't know about dead in holo dead in real life? What says Kishimoto doesn't use that theory on his world. I just said that he must consider that. I tried to explain it that way but it seems he disagree's with it, don't you get it. And if you think thats a insult don't come to this forum, there are many harder ''insults'' going on this forum.

Btw Ke0 owned.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 06:09   Link #466
Explosion of Youth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 25
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
It seems quite evident that if two users of equal skill, one in Byukugan and one in Sharingan battle, neither of them can take one of the stronger attacks of either party and hope to survive the fight. So it comes down to how good their defensive/dodging abilities are.

And that seems to be independent of the bloodline.

EPYON
BEST POST SO FAR
Explosion of Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 07:01   Link #467
Lu Bu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Just a question - do we even know for sure that the amaterasu has something to do with the sharingan. Couldn't it be that he just closed his eyes to concentrate?
Lu Bu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 07:55   Link #468
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu Bu
Just a question - do we even know for sure that the amaterasu has something to do with the sharingan. Couldn't it be that he just closed his eyes to concentrate?
Yes, it could be possible. No, it's highly likely Mangekyo Sharingan related, reason being:
  • Tsukiyomi (Moon God) and Amaterasu (Sun Goddess) are two of the trio of Japanese diety siblings, both of them born from the eyes of Izanagi. Because of their pairing significance (Moon-Sun, right eye-left eye), it is almost certain that both are related to Mangekyo Sharingan.
  • So far other than Amaterasu, Itachi only closes his eyes to activate Tsukiyomi; they most likely work in the same way through the eyes.
__________________
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 07:59   Link #469
Skorpa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sweden
Well they say it themselves that the byakugan is better than the sharingan in the series. I like byakugan more also.
If i get it right Sharingan just copies movements and reads them?
With byakugan you se trough things, get a 360 wiev and so on.
__________________
The ending of a man who lived desperately
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 08:05   Link #470
Momochi Zabuza
Devil of the Mist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Send a message via MSN to Momochi Zabuza
Sharingan obviously.
__________________
Momochi Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 09:15   Link #471
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpa
Well they say it themselves that the byakugan is better than the sharingan in the series. I like byakugan more also.
If i get it right Sharingan just copies movements and reads them?
With byakugan you se trough things, get a 360 wiev and so on.
It has so many pages if it was that way discussion would be over in just one page.
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 09:37   Link #472
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
But you started talking about Sasuke using the Chakra Scalpel AFTER you made that comment. So to me it sounded like you were saying if you take away Neji's Jyuken, which IS the gap in that comment, seeing as sasuke using the chakra scalpel comment came after that one.
No, I already talked about the fact that the CS could enhanced a 'normal' fighting style to about the same level at the Jyuken in the paragraphs above the one you misread, in the paragraphs under as well, and I was speaking of that with Raikage since several posts...

Anyway, now that that's cleared, the point remains.

The main advantage of the Hyuga clan is something that the Uchiha clan can obtain in a glance.
Indeed they must have the occasion to copy a good jutsu (this one or another) to be able to increase the field of their abilities (without speaking of their own personal training of course).

But I wouldn't call that so hard.
The advanced Jyuken of Neji is awesome, the best in the whole series, no doubt about that.
But to reach this level, Neji trained his Jyuken since the last 12~13 years.
How many jutsu a Sharingan user can copy in this gap of time?
Even if only a tenth of the jutsu copied are really useful, that would represent an insane increase of abilities.

That's why on the long range, the Sharingan will always be better.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:16   Link #473
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
No, I already talked about the fact that the CS could enhanced a 'normal' fighting style to about the same level at the Jyuken in the paragraphs above the one you misread, in the paragraphs under as well, and I was speaking of that with Raikage since several posts...

Anyway, now that that's cleared, the point remains.

The main advantage of the Hyuga clan is something that the Uchiha clan can obtain in a glance.
Indeed they must have the occasion to copy a good jutsu (this one or another) to be able to increase the field of their abilities (without speaking of their own personal training of course).

But I wouldn't call that so hard.
The advanced Jyuken of Neji is awesome, the best in the whole series, no doubt about that.
But to reach this level, Neji trained his Jyuken since the last 12~13 years.
How many jutsu a Sharingan user can copy in this gap of time?
Even if only a tenth of the jutsu copied are really useful, that would represent an insane increase of abilities.

That's why on the long range, the Sharingan will always be better.
I completely agree with the post when it is put in the Naruto World contex.

The reason I added the latter statement is because of this analogy:

In the real world, there are those individuals who have a very specialized unique skill and they are extremely good at it, let us say someone like a Michael Jordan, an extremely well known athletic player who excels in basketball. We saw him try for baseball, it was pretty pathetic compared to what he was able to do in basketball. This can represent a Byukugan user.

There are also those individuals, I'm sure you know a couple from school or other parts of life, who seem to do all kinds sports "pretty" well. However, they are rarely the best there is at one particular sport. This can represent the Sharingan user who chooses to copy a lot of Jutsu instead of focusing purely on the innate Sharingan exclusive abilities (Mangekyou Sharingan related) abilities, which I assume will probably take just as long as mastering the Jyukan abilities.

More often than not, the ones who are specialized like Michael Jordan will be more successful because they can exploit their particular skill to the fullest whereas the player who is "pretty" good at all sports will have to choose one and be average in it.

Just food for thought. My opinion is that Sharingan is better than Byukugan in Naruto world if I had to choose one. It is just that the analogy shows another plausible reasoning as well.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:29   Link #474
Lu Bu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Yes, it could be possible. No, it's highly likely Mangekyo Sharingan related, reason being:
  • Tsukiyomi (Moon God) and Amaterasu (Sun Goddess) are two of the trio of Japanese diety siblings, both of them born from the eyes of Izanagi. Because of their pairing significance (Moon-Sun, right eye-left eye), it is almost certain that both are related to Mangekyo Sharingan.
You had me at Sun Goddess.
Lu Bu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:52   Link #475
Lemartes
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
No, I already talked about the fact that the CS could enhanced a 'normal' fighting style to about the same level at the Jyuken in the paragraphs above the one you misread, in the paragraphs under as well, and I was speaking of that with Raikage since several posts...

Anyway, now that that's cleared, the point remains.

The main advantage of the Hyuga clan is something that the Uchiha clan can obtain in a glance.
Indeed they must have the occasion to copy a good jutsu (this one or another) to be able to increase the field of their abilities (without speaking of their own personal training of course).

But I wouldn't call that so hard.
The advanced Jyuken of Neji is awesome, the best in the whole series, no doubt about that.
But to reach this level, Neji trained his Jyuken since the last 12~13 years.
How many jutsu a Sharingan user can copy in this gap of time?
Even if only a tenth of the jutsu copied are really useful, that would represent an insane increase of abilities.

That's why on the long range, the Sharingan will always be better.

first off, a 13 years old guy can't be training for 12-13 years - somehow obvious, right? Then you can't assume that he was training the Jyuken for his entire life. Everyone has to start with simple basic training.

this is not directly related to your post:
One point that disturbs me is that most of the pro-sharingan fraction blames the byakugan fraction to use assumptions without any proof.
But the reality is that the sharingan fraction's points are all assumptions.
You say that much(10% is much) of the copied Jutsus are highly effective.
Furthermore again you assume without any proff that the mange Sharingan can influence a Byakugan user with almost 360degree field of sight. and that the Byakugan will see eyes(Sharingan) in this mode.
And if this isn't enough you claim the Amaterasu to be an instant kill Jutsu.

You have no proof for all the statements(I'd rather call it assumptions).

It is a fact that the Byakugan almost has a 360degree field of sight.
It is a fact that the Byakugan User can see the chakra circulation system within the body.
It is a fact that the Byakugan User can see through movements(not Jutsus) like a Sharingan user.
It is a fact that the Sharingan User can copy Jutsus, use Amaterasu and mange Sharingan(but only very advanced Users).

Nothing else is a fact and just based upon assumptions.
And you know what? A discussion based upson assumptions isn't a discussion.
It's just a mere clash of opinions trying to convince the other with force without thinking through other statements.

[An example: itachi did run away from Jiraya, this is a fact. It's not a fact that he could win. But still you guys are assuming he could kick Jirayas ass. Not only you're assuming this, but you're also putting Amaterasu into this discussion, assuming that itachi could ignite Jiraya in one blink. Wtf is this? An assumption based upon an assumption?( I'm not saying that Jiraya can kick Itachis ass btw.)]


Many of the sharingan fanboys in this thread did make a fool out of themselves.
Plus some of you are very aggressive when someone doesn't share your opinion..or even dares to say that you're wrong/not right(!)

I like the Byakugan more, but I don't consider it to be superior to the Sharingan.
And that's how it should be. State your opinion, base it on facts and that's it.

Again an example:
"I like the Sharingan more, because it can copy Jutsus"
Perfect! You just made a good point in this discussion! Your statement is based on a fact!
"The Sharingan is superior to Byakugan, because it can copy Jutsus"
Assumptions. Go back to school.
Lemartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:56   Link #476
sarcasteak
WAHA~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: World overloaded with fun
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu Bu
You had me at Sun Goddess.
Why settle for anything less of an overkill?

While the black fire does seem appropriate for a "Sun Goddess," Tsukiyomi is not exactly related to the "moon." One can argue that a dream world occurs at night and that connects to the moon somehow...but yah, I think the pairing and the eyes origin* are important. ^_^;;

For your reference, the 3rd of the trio, Susawano (Storm God), was born from the nose...so that has no direct connection to Mangekyo Sharingan which is of the eyes.
__________________
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 11:01   Link #477
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
I'm insulting him? Wtf what are you mother Teresa or something. Don't say you don't know about dead in holo dead in real life? What says Kishimoto doesn't use that theory on his world. I just said that he must consider that. I tried to explain it that way but it seems he disagree's with it, don't you get it. And if you think thats a insult don't come to this forum, there are many harder ''insults'' going on this forum.

Btw Ke0 owned.

Let's see Inane has been wrong in their tranlsations before (see Itachi Hokage level thread, in which you put up a crappy scanlation that was done by Inane)

Or my friend who speaks on a daily basis

Yes I was "Owned" because your source is wrong. Damn me, you owned me good, Damn that was a good own
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 11:08   Link #478
Ke0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In My cubicle
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
No, I already talked about the fact that the CS could enhanced a 'normal' fighting style to about the same level at the Jyuken in the paragraphs above the one you misread, in the paragraphs under as well, and I was speaking of that with Raikage since several posts...

Anyway, now that that's cleared, the point remains.

The main advantage of the Hyuga clan is something that the Uchiha clan can obtain in a glance.
Indeed they must have the occasion to copy a good jutsu (this one or another) to be able to increase the field of their abilities (without speaking of their own personal training of course).

But I wouldn't call that so hard.
The advanced Jyuken of Neji is awesome, the best in the whole series, no doubt about that.
But to reach this level, Neji trained his Jyuken since the last 12~13 years.
How many jutsu a Sharingan user can copy in this gap of time?
Even if only a tenth of the jutsu copied are really useful, that would represent an insane increase of abilities.

That's why on the long range, the Sharingan will always be better.
Going to take the assumption and say that Neji is around 13-14, would be kind of hard for him to train for 12-13 years eh? Besides everyone starts off with basic training of anything. Hanabi's like what 8? I'll use her as reference, when we see her training she was holding a shuriken, which makes me believe she was just training in normal ninja type skills, and hasn't started her jyuken training. I'm sure Neji's dad was alive when he (Neji) was 8, maybe Neji started his Jyuken training, but not sure, so that would imply that Neji has only trained for 7-8 years, opposed to the 12-13 you say.

As for I'm sure a Hyuga member has fought someone using the chakra scalpel at one point or another, they are Konoha's oldest clan after all. I don't think they got the reputation of being the deadliest hand to hand fighters overnight. I'm sure there have been many people to challenge them. Sure a Sharingan user with a Chakra scalpel could beat a Byakugan user, but to this point it's all speculation and hopeful wishing. As it stands right now, the Byakugan is better suited for close range, and the Sharingan is better suited for long range
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 11:14   Link #479
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Let's see Inane has been wrong in their tranlsations before (see Itachi Hokage level thread, in which you put up a crappy scanlation that was done by Inane)

Or my friend who speaks on a daily basis

Yes I was "Owned" because your source is wrong. Damn me, you owned me good, Damn that was a good own
1- Don't double post. i hope you know how it works or do i need to explain.

2- Inane= crap, Ke0 friend=best translator there is. Funny...

3-The one who owned you isn't me
__________________
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 11:23   Link #480
Bakafool
The Green Beast of Konoha
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Hmm tough choice but i'd go for Byakugan. I'm not sure about the fully ability of Sharingan, but didn't Zabuza expose it's weakness? A mist style jutsu would limit the Sharingan but it wouldn't be a problem for the Byakugan cuz it can see through things. Oh, and Byakugan just looks so much scarier and cooler .
Bakafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.