AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-06, 22:25   Link #61
solomon

Finally saw 4. And I reached a new level of dialogue comprehension; 90%! Yay!

Seriously, nice episode but it could have been directed better.

Neko was cute and sweet (Though Shokotan shoudn't sell the bike shop)

Nezumi Otoko manages to edge out Kitarou himself as fav character (Chiako Otsuka is awesome)

I'm surprised at how Kitarou is much more empathetic and approachable generally now, wasn't what I expected but it's cool.

Can't wait for more.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 14:05   Link #62
Nergy

Send a message via MSN to Nergy Send a message via Yahoo to Nergy
I love this series. Along with Gegege Kitaro. I can't understand why more people aren't watching this.
Nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 18:19   Link #63
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Why this isn't being watched? I can't even understand why last season's Gegege no Kiraro isn't being subbed!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 19:29   Link #64
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Just started downloading ep3 had to post . A big Thank you to [SpoonSubs] for subbing this series . I would be really grateful if you could continue the subbing of the original series of 2007

GeGeGe no Kitaro [2007] (clicky)

Onegai [SpoonSubs] Please sub that series too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
I've kind of dropped the remake series now because it doesn't quite have the same feeling as I remember the series. It feels a bit too modernised such as seeing all the Nintendo Wiis and Nekomusume fan service in the show.
Yeah it may not have the feel of the original but its always good to see the series in color IMHO. And compared to some recent animes or resp trends GeGeGe is a delight to watch

Quote:
Yes, I never knew about Hakaba Kitaro until my friend told me about it (haven't been paying attention to new Anime releases). I thought it was just some subtitle then I saw this and thought, "Kitaro doesn't look like this!". Now I know Kitaro went through a number of changes
Same here I felt at first the GeGeGe(2007) was getting subbed with a new title . Later when I checked ANN it was a different series I was pleasantly shocked . And yes my first impression of the new Kitaro was Damn he looks Retarded to his general counterpart . Ebil Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergy View Post
I can't understand why more people aren't watching this.
My take well people were expecting another Mononoke as the art team/director was the same . But this isnt Mononke a total diffrent type of horror . I find this bettter than Monoke though : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I can't even understand why last season's Gegege no Kiraro isn't being subbed!
From what I have heard GeGege no Kitaro is childish or aimed at children . I find that pretty dumb and inaccurate . Thats the reason floating around
Old 2008-02-15, 02:13   Link #65
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Hakaba kitaro 4 is released cant wait to download and watch it . ..... A huge thank you to [Spoon Subs] : Domo Arregato

I got my hands on the Op (Full Version) what can I say its quite different from the anime version . Its more club with heavy dance beats . The anime version is better : ( I am a bit disappointed .

Quote:

Tracklist :

01. Mononoke Dance

02. Yuurakuchou de Tokemashou

03. Yuurakuchou de Tokemashou (A NightClum Massacre mix)
Old 2008-02-16, 01:12   Link #66
Siegel Clyne

Hakaba Kitarou - Kantou TV Ratings for Episodes 1-6

Average Television Household Audience Ratings in the Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)

Hakaba Kitarou - *4.8% *4.9% *4.6% *5.1% *5.3% *5.2% -> *4.98% average

Hakaba Kitarou appears to be on its way to becoming the highest rated animated series in the Noitamina block, if not the highest rated animated series in any late night time slot, in the Kantou region of Japan.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 13:51   Link #67
ishiki

I was skeptic at fist, because I don't like GeGeGe no Kitaro.

But now I like Hakaba Kitaro, because it is very unique and the dark atmosphere is pretty cool. Plus the hero is worse than the villains.

Episode 6 was even weirder. I felt like watching a comedy show

Spoiler for Spoilerish comment about episode 7:
ishiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 01:37   Link #68
Kuroba
Doramachikku

Thanks much to SpoonSubs for subbing this series! Episode 5 was the best yet; very bittersweet. I love this series as it's so unique and cynical. Also, Kitaro's is an endearing character despite being a bit sadistic. I'm not sure whether to categorize him as a protagonist or antagonist, as his role changes often. I'd say an anti-hero, maybe. But I enjoyed how his softer side was explored in episode 4, it makes him more of a 3-dimensional character IMO.
Kuroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 01:44   Link #69
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Hakaba Kitaro 5 is released that like a catalyst to a perfect weekend : )

Yeah Kitaro defies stereotypes he is neither a protagonist or an antagonist . He is also not an anti hero with each new episode new dimensions are added to his personality
Old 2008-02-24, 06:07   Link #70
Siegel Clyne

Hakaba Kitarou - Kantou TV Ratings for Episodes 1-7

Hakaba Kitarou - Kantou TV Ratings for Episodes 1-6

Average Television Household Audience Ratings in the Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)

Hakaba Kitarou - 4.8% 4.9% 4.6% 5.1% 5.3% 5.2% 5.0% -> 4.99% (5.0%) average
Old 2008-02-29, 15:14   Link #71
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
Spoiler:

I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Hopefully we get more information about the fake Kitaro...
Damn! My favorite character and they do that...!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 22:38   Link #72
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Denki Groove - Mononoke Dance

Old 2008-03-01, 06:44   Link #73
Siegel Clyne

Hakaba Kitarou - Kantou TV Ratings for Episodes 1-8

Hakaba Kitarou - Kantou TV Ratings for Episodes 1-7

Hakaba Kitarou - 4.8% 4.9% 4.6% 5.1% 5.3% 5.2% 5.0% 4.5% -> 4.93% average
Old 2008-03-01, 09:26   Link #74
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Wow, that kid has very little redeeming qualities.

Spoiler for ep.6:

Sub's out. Thanks SpoonSubs!

Geta Boshi thanks for the vid.

Last edited by orion; 2008-03-01 at 14:15.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:24   Link #75
Kuroba
Doramachikku

Yes, thanks to SpoonSubs yet again. Though, I didn't like this as much as last week's episodes, it was still fun.
Spoiler:
Kuroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:39   Link #76
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Wow, that kid has very little redeeming qualities.
That's been a problem for me, too. I found Kitarou more sympathetic in the previous episode (5), but overall he's not an appealing character to root for. The most sympathetic character for me so far is Kitarou's father. The stepfather is too weird and incompetent, and Fake Kitarou has even fewer redeeming qualities than the authentic one. Kitarou's father at least acts parental, both in his discipline of his son and in his willingness to sacrifice himself for the boy.

The jury's still out on Neko-chan.
Old 2008-03-05, 17:52   Link #77
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroba View Post
Yes, thanks to SpoonSubs yet again. Though, I didn't like this as much as last week's episodes, it was still fun.
Spoiler:
Well...

Spoiler:

Also, episode 8 kind of... disturbed me. It really showed how sadistic Kitaro really is...

I'll post my thoughts on that later...
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 12:55   Link #78
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yeah ep.7 is out! Thanks a lot!
Old 2008-03-17, 03:00   Link #79
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
Also, episode 8 kind of... disturbed me. It really showed how sadistic Kitaro really is.....
Kitaro in Hakaba Kitaro cant be clubbed into any one category he is too complex of a chracter to be bundled/labeled into a cliche stereotype . I am not even sure if its correct to call him a protagonist , there is no golden rule that protagonist is a do good-er . But Kitaro also fits the role as a main antagonist w.r.t. humans .

The beauty of the character is he has been humanized i.e. faces similar problem to kids does have a personality like a normal kid . Though Kitaro is mostly uninterested in human emotions and etiquette he does fall in love does come under the pangs of jealously and also tries to hit on the girl he likes . Kitaro can be only defined good if things are going his way . Once a situation arises which puts Kitaro into a tough spot he wont hesitate to show his sadistic cruel and uncaring side of his personality . Though you cant call Kitaro 'good' or evil . He oscillates between these two traits as situation demands of him

There is another sharp contrast to Kitaro, in GeGeGe Neko Musume has a crush on Kitaro and in Hakaba its Kitaro who has the crush .
Old 2008-03-17, 05:30   Link #80
Siegel Clyne

Hakaba Kitarou - Kantou TV Ratings for Episodes 1-10

Hakaba Kitarou - Kantou TV Ratings for Episodes 1-8

Hakaba Kitarou - 4.8% 4.9% 4.6% 5.1% 5.3% 5.2% 5.0% 4.5% 4.8% 5.8% -> 5.00% average

Tags
comedy, horror, noitamina, shounen, supernatural, wierd