AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Vivid Strike! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 1 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-10-29, 00:26   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Vivid Strike! - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Vivid Strike!, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 13:08   Link #2
DKN117

*crickets chirping*

So... Is there, like, no new episode this week and the person who makes these threads jumped the gun?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 13:22   Link #3
vic-vic

No. raw was released recently.

Well, Jill not just Rinne's coach, but also her savior - if not foe her things could went VERY ugly fro Rinne... so, I doubt ms.Berlinetta is brainwashed or sort. She willingly follow Jill's teaching and very eager to get stronger no matter the cost.

Fuka also improve her capabilities and get her own dvice from Fabia (who is really grows to like Einharty - way to go miss Haegemon). And for extra joy - Mikiah, Hari, Els and Chantez visit Nakajima Gym to help our little heroines (well, and have fun on their own).
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 16:30   Link #4
Aetherdraw

"Of those three girls, which one was Sara?" Holy crap Rinne that was pure savage!

That aside, the movements were pretty nice in the combat scenes, and Micaiah and Fuka's transformations were great quality. Uratan is cute! Wonder if he/she was named after another one of the litters brought up by Claus and Olivie?

Last edited by Aetherdraw; 2016-10-29 at 16:45.
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 16:37   Link #5
vic-vic

Rinne could really just didn't know - the bullies never tell her her names... and she realy didn't want to know them
Old 2016-10-29, 17:24   Link #6
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Rinne could murder those guys any time she felt like it, really.

I just feel bad for her that she still cares about Fuu-chan, while Fuuka became a total Haru-San fangirl.
TYxTxYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 17:36   Link #7
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYxTxYT View Post
Rinne could murder those guys any time she felt like it, really.

I just feel bad for her that she still cares about Fuu-chan, while Fuuka became a total Haru-San fangirl.
Why not - Einhart are kind, supportive, helpful and DID NOT beat the bloody snot out of Fuka when she tries to talk about the things Rinne didn't like to hear.
Old 2016-10-29, 19:20   Link #8
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Why not - Einhart are kind, supportive, helpful and DID NOT beat the bloody snot out of Fuka when she tries to talk about the things Rinne didn't like to hear.
Einhart is kind, supportive, helpful and have multiple girls by her side.
Old 2016-10-29, 20:58   Link #9
arkhangelsk

I am again reminded of how Mid is basically Japan with magic when I heard the way they handled the case - jidan and transfer for the victim.

And maybe the show is going the Coach is really a Good Person route with this development.

As usual, Rinne doesn't even defend herself (though she clearly can) until she snaps. And I find it interesting how they are really rubbing it in that the bullies are bad to the bone.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 22:21   Link #10
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I am again reminded of how Mid is basically Japan with magic when I heard the way they handled the case - jidan and transfer for the victim.

And maybe the show is going the Coach is really a Good Person route with this development.

As usual, Rinne doesn't even defend herself (though she clearly can) until she snaps. And I find it interesting how they are really rubbing it in that the bullies are bad to the bone.
More like Space Mexico...
I don't think Japan is that unlawful.
Old 2016-10-29, 23:40   Link #11
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherdraw View Post
"Of those three girls, which one was Sara?" Holy crap Rinne that was pure savage!
You want to know what's worse? Sara (and likely her friends too) told everyone Rinne was "a friend" that they played a prank on and roughed up a bit who snapped and wrecked them. Pretty much as I expected.
Rinne's question showed Sara's brother that Sara lied to him and that he had attacked Sara's victim, not her attacker. Sara was a good girl, he was right to avenge her. That question showed that both of them were nothing but thugs. He couldn't deal with that.

After knowing what happened to Rinne, Fuuka concluded there was nothing she herself could have done for Rinne, so she isn't blaming herself for what happened. However, she still can't forgive the look in Rinne's eyes that day. So, in the name of their past friendship, she's going to knock some sense into her.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 01:01   Link #12
Aetherdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
However, she still can't forgive the look in Rinne's eyes that day. So, in the name of their past friendship, she's going to knock some sense into her.
Ah, the "Look in her eyes" line. Haven't heard that since when Nanoha first thought of Fate in the first season. Spoken like a true Nanoha protagonist there Fuka. Nanoha approves. Apply as much force to knock sense into opponent, ask questions later.
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 09:02   Link #13
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I guess Fuuka's now a proponent of the Nanoha school of friendship.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 10:31   Link #14
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Rinne was great at that kind of verbal wrecking even as a kid. Although it was brutally honest. Unlike some of her official matches where she had no excuse to not use the person's name. To be honest...I didn't know which was which either. I suppose it was probably the girl with glasses. Broken nose and skull damage would more than make sense. Although the girl she kicked could qualify as well. I discount the first one because she also had to have a broken arm and that wasn't mentioned.

In a sense I like Fuka's stance. That pain and agony belongs to Rinne. It would be arrogant to think she is allowed to share in what happened or try to make it about herself somehow. Rather than that she should be focusing on what she can do right now. Deal with what is haunting Rinne right here and now. She's not the MC type that will wallow around going "if only I'd...." for a few episodes. Get back to work. It hurt to find out what happened, but she can't change what happened. Just try to knock some sense into the Rinne that is here now.
Old 2016-10-30, 11:55   Link #15
novalysis

Fuka is acting like Einhart's nice, faithful vassal-disciple..... I wonder whether she has any Shutra blood in her ancestry.

Also, this is the first time we've actually heard Fabia Crozleg's. And Fuka is probably lucky she doesn't have to spar with Fabia.... I'm not sure whether Fuka knows how to defend against Fabia's mental based attacks. A spar with Fabia for the unprepared and uninformed is probably an act of serious cruelty. I won't be surprised if Fabia had something to do with making Fuka's device.

Finally, I wonder who is the Mixed-magic category U15 champion? My money is either on Lutecia or Fabia, and summoners generally being some of the most potent threats in Mixed-Magic especially to lower rankers who have not yet figured out how to fight while being outnumbered. And since Lutecia is 15 in Vivid Strike, I won't be surprised if Fabia is actually ranked first in the U15 Mixed Magic category and the likely champion for this year, since I suspect very few mages in the U15 have a counter to her mind-magics, illusions , summoned hordes or gravity magic spells.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 11:58   Link #16
Blueknight78

I gonna say no matter how i look, the "bully specially in japan" is really disgusting and the worst part of the fact which many schools instead of fight against it they prefer to hidden it and allow the bullies does as they want, which for me look stupid since many times this ending leading to tragedy like the suicide of childrens which can taint the "school name", is really disturbing which a so "pridefull" country can have that things happening like that, while is impossible to completly erase the bully allow this goes to really "high levels" like what we see happen also is not something good, really that of japan aways being a too extremist country( the famous or 8 or 80, specially the later) is really something very complicated for then.

i really feel bad for rinn past, have that sort of bitchs in her life is really bad, i really hope fuuka can smack some sense back to rinn, because while bully is really bad and she have right to be pissed off, make it change you in a bad way also is not good this just create the endless vicious circle.
Old 2016-10-30, 13:01   Link #17
Kazu-kun

Fuka's all "I'm gonna beat her up" and whatnot, but I don't think it's gonna be that easy. She's gonna win, of course, but rather than the smackdown she's hoping for, barely winning by points sounds more likely.
Old 2016-10-30, 13:08   Link #18
vic-vic

And the problem is that losing to Fuka in Winte Cup can affect Rinne in the way out MC, Team Nakajima and the audience didn't want/expect to. After particullary conditioning herself to became strong Rinne could went berserk losing to the friend she denounced on the large scene
Old 2016-10-30, 13:25   Link #19
Kazu-kun

Vivio already beat her and Rinne gave no fucks.

That's why Einhart asked Fuka what was she gonna do after beating Rinne. That's more important than the fight itself, because just beating her won't accomplish anything.
Old 2016-10-30, 13:38   Link #20
vic-vic

Vivio is one thing, but Rinne's words at the end of episode 3 IMHO indicates that she thinks that Fuka have it easier than her ("I'm not kind of person who can surround herself with a kind people..."). They both were a orphans and grew together until she was adopted by Berlinetta family. Unfortunatelly, her schoolmates (to be fair, only 3 of them) turned Rinne's happy life into a nightmare and eventually it had a brutal conclusion. And when Rinne saw Fuka, surrunded by a group of friends she can think that Fuka simply avoided all the horrible stuff, Rinne went through.

I mean, Rinne may have a bad reaction to her lose to Fuka NOT because she loses in fight, but because in her eyes, the destiny obvioucly had the favorite (which is somewhat true - Rinne is a veteran competitor, while Winter Cup is very first Fuka's championship).

Yet, I agree, that it's only an assumption and there is a mane other possible outcomes of Rinne/Fuka fight. They may became friends again or they can simply agree amiably that they can't became friends again as they views are just to different.

Last edited by vic-vic; 2016-10-30 at 14:00.