AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2009-12-01, 17:01   Link #20101
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
@Satashi: Oh, read your Alternates chapter now... All caught up.

Good chapter so far.

I like the thought of Alicia being alive in fanfiction.

Maybe it's just me.

Page Claim for alternate universes, Alicia surviving and shipping random pairings that most people wouldn't think of.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:03   Link #20102
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
*sailor outfit* reporting cap'in~

We are the Vi-Ciaaaa ship-pers~ we just sit at home and write our song~
and if you ask usss to ship others~ we'll just tell youuu... we'll ship others @_@

(mega cookies if you get the reference that was butchered by my singing wrong lyrics)
Hahahaa, this is awesome. I never knew so many sailed on the ViCia ship.
Old 2009-12-01, 17:09   Link #20103
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Hahahaa, this is awesome. I never knew so many sailed on the ViCia ship.
I am pretty sure lots of us enjoy following your stories of those two. At least *I* for one have hopped on board hehe.

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:16   Link #20104
Nijiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm a jumper, no single ship can ever receive my devotion. I simply like variety too much to tie down to one pairing and calling it my true favorite. [...] Bottom line: I ship virtually everything as long as I think it's cute.
Quote:
I jump ships way too much to really list them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
And I'm also a softy for happy endings. Sure, real life can't promise a happy end, but that's why I read fantasy; to escape into something not like real life. I want to come out of it feeling better.
Hear hear! One of the problems with being a helpless romantic.

Quote:
Is the thread interested in a Alts!Nanoha x Fate x Alts!Alicia 3-way?
Sure. Though as RB pointed out, you didn't really need to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulliMike23 View Post
Alicia is a lot nicer than I thought she would be.
It's a nice surprise, but again, I'm going to keep my mouth shut so I don't jinx myself.
Old 2009-12-01, 17:20   Link #20105
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
For convenience's sake (so you don't have to go back a few pages), A Mysterious Encounter? is now posted on Fanfiction.net.

My apologies though, that most of the story was spoiled in the thread ...
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:23   Link #20106
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post

My apologies though, that most of the story was spoiled in the thread ...
That's the fun of having a thread, though

Unfortunately getting help sometimes leads to spoilers... but I'm happy that we have such a nice little group here now that can help before "official" releases like FF.N. Lord knows the people there don't sugar coat things. You guys shoulda seen my last PS!Vivio review lol
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:23   Link #20107
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
That's the fun of having a thread, though

Unfortunately getting help sometimes leads to spoilers... but I'm happy that we have such a nice little group here now that can help before "official" releases like FF.N. Lord knows the people there don't sugar coat things. You guys shoulda seen my last PS!Vivio review lol
LOL, now of course we're going to all pop over to see this review!

@Nanya: I also like the idea of Alicia being alive in fanfiction, as it gives an interesting counterpart to Fate...just how much of a person is their genes, and how much is them as a person?

Last edited by deathcurse; 2009-12-01 at 17:31. Reason: So no double-post...
Old 2009-12-01, 17:32   Link #20108
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Nature vs. Nuture yo.

It's an interesting concept, Alicia being alive that is. She's an empty slate almost, ready for a pen to fill in. ... or a keyboard and word processor I suppose.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:33   Link #20109
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Is it weird that I actually kind of like writing Precia, given how creepy and ambiguous she can be?
Well, you make writing Precia work so I don't have any qualms about it and even encourage you! Go for it!

re: Fate -- I have a bad feeling about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Hm, out of curiosity, who's all on what ship? For me, right now I can think of the following: Nanoha/Yuuno, Fate/Yuuno, Hayate/Yuuno, Erio/Caro, Teana/Vice, Zafira/Arf, Erio/Lutecia, Griffith/Lucino, Yuuno/Alisa, hm... it's hard to think of them all... But I guess I'm the captain of the Vivio/Yuuno ship?
I'm slanted more on the Nanoha/Fate direction, not that I would follow it over the cliff or impose it on others its just a pairing I prefer. I'm still a fan of bickering couples who get together but recently I'm realizing I like couples who make it work with little to no drama. I like the quiet relationships that endure.

Next up for me is Verossa/Hayate, I kind of thought they had chemistry in the few scenes they had.

On the fic front RadiantBeam has convinced me and now ship Vivio/Lutecia and because of one fic I read I also ship Hayate/Yuuno.
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:42   Link #20110
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Nature vs. Nuture yo.

It's an interesting concept, Alicia being alive that is. She's an empty slate almost, ready for a pen to fill in. ... or a keyboard and word processor I suppose.
"The pen is mightier than the sword." (Unless the sword is Shiny, of course)

So how would that be these days? "The word processor pwns the bullet" ?

All these new writing advancements and such. Back in the day people wrote on small tablets and stuff.... now the pros, and a few others, have netbooks, cellphones to store their ideas, and napkin sketches are slowly turning into pad sketches.

Wow,I'm looking back and remember that I had a notebook that I hand wrote fanfiction in, when I was in highschool. We had a class where we were required to keep a diary. The first 15 minutes of class was a diary entry and each Friday we handed our diaries in to be reviewed. The teacher would correct spelling, comment on our lives, offer little bits of encouragement and stuff. She told us we didn't have to write about ourselves, but could write stories if we wanted.

I wrote about a fictional life where my character would make journal entries about how hard it was to live a normal life while having magical powers (read: magical girl complex). It took the entire school year but I finished the story through the diary and the teacher actually asked me if she could keep it. turns out the teachers read it in the teacher's lounge for daily updates and such. Wow, memories.... I also almost didn't graduate my senior year because that was a christan school and I had two credits that didn't transfer when I went back to a public school >.<

[edit] Anyone have a fic that MADE them like a certain pairing? An example from me:

I was reading this Harry Potter fic (It was EPICLY good, ten times better than cannon) that paired Harry/Hermione. I was all for it and I loved the story very much. The sequal to it put Harry in an alternate reality where he was dating Ginny. I loathed, despised, hated, and cringed when I saw that pairing. But teh story was so good I couldn't stop reading. I intended to "stomach through it" until the ending, but by the time I was done with it, Harry/ginny became such a loved pairing that I started writing fics about them too.

Also, if you have a fic that turned you on to a certain pairing, list it too.

for me:
ViCia: thanks to Beamers
Yuuno/vivio: thanks to 00-raiser

though both of them are only in their universe, since my verse shipps Erio/Lutecia and Vivio/Syn.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:47   Link #20111
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Nature vs. Nuture yo.

That's true, we didn't see much of her personality in Nanoha A's...and that could have been entirely false, just what Fate wanted her sister to be like...funny though, how there tends to be a trend in making Alicia more outgoing than Fate is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
Well, you make writing Precia work so I don't have any qualms about it and even encourage you! Go for it!

re: Fate -- I have a bad feeling about this!

I'm slanted more on the Nanoha/Fate direction, not that I would follow it over the cliff or impose it on others its just a pairing I prefer. I'm still a fan of bickering couples who get together but recently I'm realizing I like couples who make it work with little to no drama. I like the quiet relationships that endure.

Next up for me is Verossa/Hayate, I kind of thought they had chemistry in the few scenes they had.

On the fic front RadiantBeam has convinced me and now ship Vivio/Lutecia and because of one fic I read I also ship Hayate/Yuuno.
.... So all future creepiness will be from your encouragement!

Makes me wonder....what fic was the "one" fic that tipped you over into liking a particular pairing? For myself, RB's "Never Confessed" was what turned me into a ViCia shipper, Satashi's "Sixth Division: Reminisce" for NanoFate, Arigatou Sheitarou's "Fingere" for Signum/Shamal and Dezo's "Midnight of the Heart" into accepting YuNaFa .

[EDIT]: NINJA'D!!!
Old 2009-12-01, 17:50   Link #20112
isagrimorie

Quote:
@Nanya: I also like the idea of Alicia being alive in fanfiction, as it gives an interesting counterpart to Fate...just how much of a person is their genes, and how much is them as a person?
Quote:
Nature vs. Nuture yo.

I've always wondered this but is Fate really that different from Alicia, from the dream world in the Book of Darkness Alicia and Fate seemed to have similar personalities except because of how Precia treated Fate, Fate started to branch off from the original persona.

The one thing I can figure is Fate's a lot more pensive than Alicia.
Old 2009-12-01, 17:58   Link #20113
Thunderbird
*Author

Quote:
"The pen is mightier than the sword." (Unless the sword is Shiny, of course)
Well Satashi dear, in our next duel...I'll let you have the pen LOL

Edit: The life Alicia seems to have in AlternativeS is one of necessity. Her personality conformed to adapt for her need to survive. I guess if she was born under Precia's care she wouldnt have such a...daring personality? XD

Old 2009-12-01, 18:01   Link #20114
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Canon!Precia must be rolling in her grave about now.
Old 2009-12-01, 18:36   Link #20115
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Hmm...the only ship I sailed on openly was the Alt!NanohaxFate ship but after it was torpedoed, ice berged and crashed upon I was forced to drift throughout the stormy sea until a realization wave came and broke my lifeboat into tiny pieces to float on until I joined the Alt!NanohaxAlt!Alicia ship as a crew member. But I still have my Alt!NanohaxFate flag hiding in my back pocket...

:3

As for other pairings:

Yuuno/Vivio, Fate/Chrono, Vivio/Kael, Nanoha/Fate, Erio/Caro, Fate/Yuuno, and Lucia/Vivio (I blame RB for this...). But the one I'm really into would have to be...

Yuuno/Fate

Yup...that's my PREFERRED couple. There...my favorite pairing as been revealed. (Now 00-Raiser knows the full reason for my pestering of the continuation of his Remembrance series )

@Satashi: Why do I have a a bad feeling? @__@
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 18:38   Link #20116
Thunderbird
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
Hmm...the only ship I sailed on openly was the Alt!NanohaxFate ship but after it was torpedoed, ice berged and crashed upon I was forced to drift throughout the stormy sea until a realization wave came and broke my lifeboat into tiny pieces to float on until I joined the Alt!NanohaxAlt!Alicia ship as a crew member. But I still have my Alt!NanohaxFate flag hiding in my back pocket...

:3

As for other pairings:

Yuuno/Vivio, Fate/Chrono, Vivio/Kael, Nanoha/Fate, Erio/Caro, Fate/Yuuno, and Lucia/Vivio (I blame RB for this...). But the one I'm really into would have to be...

Yuuno/Fate

Yup...that's my PREFERRED couple. There...my favorite pairing as been revealed.

@Satashi: Why do I have a a bad feeling? @__@
*GASP* You better not read my BetrayerS fic then *hides it from Alavon* >.>

Old 2009-12-01, 18:43   Link #20117
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
*GASP* You better not read my BetrayerS fic then *hides it from Alavon* >.>
Now I'm curious... @____@

*grab Thunderbirds' BetrayerS fic and reads it through*

Oh! You mean that fic. I actually like it. >3
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 19:03   Link #20118
Thunderbird
*Author

Quote:
Now I'm curious... @____@

*grab Thunderbirds' BetrayerS fic and reads it through*

Oh! You mean that fic. I actually like it. >3
Now that we know your secret...I'll put a little scene there for you hows that? (I'll probably end up getting killed afterwards though lolz)

Old 2009-12-01, 19:22   Link #20119
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
[edit] Anyone have a fic that MADE them like a certain pairing? An example from me:

I was reading this Harry Potter fic (It was EPICLY good, ten times better than cannon) that paired Harry/Hermione. I was all for it and I loved the story very much. The sequal to it put Harry in an alternate reality where he was dating Ginny. I loathed, despised, hated, and cringed when I saw that pairing. But teh story was so good I couldn't stop reading. I intended to "stomach through it" until the ending, but by the time I was done with it, Harry/ginny became such a loved pairing that I started writing fics about them too.

Also, if you have a fic that turned you on to a certain pairing, list it too.

for me:
ViCia: thanks to Beamers
Yuuno/vivio: thanks to 00-raiser

though both of them are only in their universe, since my verse shipps Erio/Lutecia and Vivio/Syn.
Hm... The only one I can think of would be your "SNL, a digital short" fic for turning me onto Hayate/Yuuno. And Fate/Yuuno to a lesser extent, but that simply put the idea in my head rather than turn me onto it.

I actually decided to read your 6th Division fics because I wanted more Hayate/Yuuno, but... apparently I didn't make it that far

It makes me really happy to hear that my fic was good enough to turn some one onto a pairing I made it cuz I wanted to challenge myself and make it work in a believable fashion, and I guess I succeded (with help from everyone here, of course )!

Honestly I thought the response to that pairing idea would be along the lines of "Does your Yuuno obsession have no limits?! Now you're pairing that ferret with sweet, innocent Vivio?! You're disgusting!" So happy I was wrong

Quote:

Yuuno/Fate

Yup...that's my PREFERRED couple. There...my favorite pairing as been revealed. (Now 00-Raiser knows the full reason for my pestering of the continuation of his Remembrance series )
Hey! How come you aren't bugging me for Ace Enforcer updates, oi? It was Fate/Yuuno from the beginning (indeed, as it was my first Nanoha fic)!

But yeah, I think Fate and Yuuno go quite well together. I'd love to see more fics including these two!
Old 2009-12-01, 19:28   Link #20120
isagrimorie

Quote:
That's true, we didn't see much of her personality in Nanoha A's...and that could have been entirely false, just what Fate wanted her sister to be like...funny though, how there tends to be a trend in making Alicia more outgoing than Fate is?
I guess, the roots come from the dream!Alicia? I can actually see it, Alicia the outgoing one while Fate's the serious, studious sister.

[quote].... So all future creepiness will be from your encouragement! [/quotes]

Um... oops?

Quote:
Makes me wonder....what fic was the "one" fic that tipped you over into liking a particular pairing? For myself, RB's "Never Confessed" was what turned me into a ViCia shipper, Satashi's "Sixth Division: Reminisce" for NanoFate, Arigatou Sheitarou's "Fingere" for Signum/Shamal and Dezo's "Midnight of the Heart" into accepting YuNaFa .
To be honest, I don't know which story tipped me to Lutecia/Vivio shipping... it seemed like a gradual thing until one day I realized I was shipping them, heh.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha