AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-07, 23:15   Link #23001
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Actually, I'm kind of surprised the Takamachi family wasn't there. I think Momoko is a MILF for a lot of fans just as much as Lindy is.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:23   Link #23002
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sendai
The topical conversation of the past couple pages...is really on a...different level >.>; maybe I should vanish till it pools over before i get caught in it XD

Very interesting stories though...

I am surprised Teana isnt holding Subaru down like how Amy was with Crono.

Signum and Shamal played their roles a little...too well it seemed to me LOL.

Photoshoots to phonesex to pleasure feeding tentacle beasts...hoo boy...author's prerogative I guess XD
__________________
Life is a waste of time, Time is a waste of life, Get wasted all the time, And have the time of your life ^.^



Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:26   Link #23003
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Actually, I'm kind of surprised the Takamachi family wasn't there. I think Momoko is a MILF for a lot of fans just as much as Lindy is.
Heh, I was thinking about trying to fit as many women in as possible, but figured the joke would run on a bit too long, and I couldn't think of good calls for them. Although, a short follow-up sequel could go on like this...

Takamachi family-get together dinner scene:

Momoko: *staring at her daughter* You're what?
Shiro: A phone sex line? I forbid it!
Nanoha: It helps the children, and I live on my own now, dad.
Momoko: Nanoha... there's just one thing I have to say...
Shiro: You tell her, dear. No daughter of mine will be doing THAT.
Momoko: *grabbing her daughters hands with stars in her eyes* Can I help out too? You know i met your father that way; I was raising money for college, and he kept calling me... teehee!
Nanoha: DAD!?
Shiro: *holds head in his hands*
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:44   Link #23004
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
I bet Momoko would do something food related!

But yeah, the weirdest part of Kaijo's fic is the call with the guy getting off by being 'dressed.' Made me arch an eyebrow until I decided I shouldn't be surprised that there's some one with such a fetish.

... Though I imagine it would be quite the curse of a fetish. Climaxing by getting dressed in the morning, but then you have to change your pants, which would result in you climaxing again, etc etc.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:51   Link #23005
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I bet Momoko would do something food related!

But yeah, the weirdest part of Kaijo's fic is the call with the guy getting off by being 'dressed.' Made me arch an eyebrow until I decided I shouldn't be surprised that there's some one with such a fetish.
Heh, mainly because it was Hayate doing doing it, and she likes cosplay, so it was her dressing him up. :P
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 23:52   Link #23006
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Actually, I'm kind of surprised the Takamachi family wasn't there. I think Momoko is a MILF for a lot of fans just as much as Lindy is.
Well, yes, Momoko is prime milf material, but with Shiro still around, I'd be... hesitant to try anything. =X
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 00:33   Link #23007
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Heh, mainly because it was Hayate doing doing it, and she likes cosplay, so it was her dressing him up. :P
... Wow, now I'm embarassed by how that one flew right over my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, yes, Momoko is prime milf material, but with Shiro still around, I'd be... hesitant to try anything. =X
Quick! Let's slide into the Triangle Hearts universe!
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 00:53   Link #23008
Nijiru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
I can only say this to what has been posted the past couple pages.

You are all weirdos.

Back to working on a stupid English paper I should have had done Friday.
(@Nanya: PM me the rest of that. )
__________________
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 02:01   Link #23009
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Some of that stuff sounded good and yet...for some reason...one of you guys had just given me a catalyst that would inspire me.

Although my fanfic is Adventure/Drama, I do try to add some innuendos to lighten the mood, yet I'm not sure if I'm succeeding.

The thing I tried to point out with some of my characters is that my main one and his partner tend to sometimes remind Nanoha and Fate of themselves considering one worries about the other. In one of my later chapters, I try to incorporate some stuff regarding the incident that left Nanoha gravely injured. In short, Shiro (my main OC), gets banged up quite a bit that it causes his partner to break down emotionally.

Here's a bit of a preview as to what I'm talking about:

Mizuki: (to Kaname). How is he?
Kaname: Shamal isn't sure about his current condition as of now. He seems to have taken some hard hits, some that would have almost affected his breathing.
Mizuki: He'll be alright thought, won't he? (in a pleading voice).
Kaname: *silence*.
Mizuki: Please! Tell me he's going to be OK!
Kaname: I'm sorry Mizuki. All we can do now is wait, I'm afraid.
Mizuki: (tries to hold back tears).
Kaname: It's OK to cry. You should cry, while you're still able to.
(Mizuki clings to Kaname and sobs).

Yuki: (looks at the two Aces). I'm guessing that this scene brings back unpleasant memories.
Fate: Yes...it does.
Nanoha: She really does care about him though. He really got her worried.
Yuki: Sounds like someone that a certain blonde would know all too well.
Fate: Those two remind me of that one night that I don't want to remember.
__________________
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 09:49   Link #23010
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
awesome review here
Yeah, I have to agree with you on the most part. My Nanoha is generally an exhibitionist, and her personality shows that she knows exactly what people would do with nude shots of her. Changing her so suddenly in a fic could throw people off like it did you.

Also, the romance was kind of an afterthought and I wasn't going to really have it until the end, where I thought Fate needed to explain herself better to the dense!Nanoha in the story. I thought of a way to keep it more simple without a get together near the end, but I couldn't really find any reason that would allow Fate to be upset that much over it, specially after Hayate's scene.

I wish I posted it here first instead of directly to FF.N so I could tweak it some >.< Oh well, I need to finish AltS first before I go back and change it. Thanks a lot for the helpful review Dezo <3
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 09:50   Link #23011
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Heh, I was thinking about trying to fit as many women in as possible, but figured the joke would run on a bit too long, and I couldn't think of good calls for them. Although, a short follow-up sequel could go on like this...

Takamachi family-get together dinner scene:

Momoko: *staring at her daughter* You're what?
Shiro: A phone sex line? I forbid it!
Nanoha: It helps the children, and I live on my own now, dad.
Momoko: Nanoha... there's just one thing I have to say...
Shiro: You tell her, dear. No daughter of mine will be doing THAT.
Momoko: *grabbing her daughters hands with stars in her eyes* Can I help out too? You know i met your father that way; I was raising money for college, and he kept calling me... teehee!
Nanoha: DAD!?
Shiro: *holds head in his hands*
...

Yes please, and thank you.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 09:57   Link #23012
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
@Thread: I thought I'd ask you guys about this. One review I got complained about me using dollars in my story for mid-childa's money. I think it is simpler that way, because 90% of the people reading know what a dollar is. I don't think creating some new currency for Mid would help at all. Actually, I think it would take away because if you see a currency you don't know, you'd probably instantly wonder how much that is in your native currency... thoughts?
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 09:59   Link #23013
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
@Thread: I thought I'd ask you guys about this. One review I got complained about me using dollars in my story for mid-childa's money. I think it is simpler that way, because 90% of the people reading know what a dollar is. I don't think creating some new currency for Mid would help at all. Actually, I think it would take away because if you see a currency you don't know, you'd probably instantly wonder how much that is in your native currency... thoughts?
I say the decision you made is fine. It's okay to create new things for fanfiction as far as it goes, but in the end we'll always base what we write off what we know best, or just use that instead of creating something new. So don't let the review bother you; I think you were fine in choosing to use dollars for Mid's currency since we have no idea what it is anyway, and besides, it's your fic to begin with, so you can do whatever you want with it in terms of currency.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 10:00   Link #23014
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I say leave it as it is. Creating a whole new fictional currency is difficult already, and dollar is just a term; if I'm not mistaken other countries use the dollar as well, just not the American dollar.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 11:20   Link #23015
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
@Thread: I thought I'd ask you guys about this. One review I got complained about me using dollars in my story for mid-childa's money. I think it is simpler that way, because 90% of the people reading know what a dollar is. I don't think creating some new currency for Mid would help at all. Actually, I think it would take away because if you see a currency you don't know, you'd probably instantly wonder how much that is in your native currency... thoughts?
I generally try to avoid the mention of specific money, because most of the time, you can get away with it and it's not that important. In "Heritage" I have Fate swiping a payment card, which is reasonable for the society, but doesn't say anything about exactly how much something cost or what the exact currency is. In "Unexpected Expectations" I just have Yuuno sliding some money across a counter "double what the drink cost."

Just ask yourself how important having an exact money count is, and how important it is to specifically name a currency. Most of the time, you'll find it isn't real important to the plot. I'd be willing to help, if anyone has a section dealing with money that they'd like to rewrite to avoid using dollars or something.

But this is just my personal opinion.

Lastly, you could just use "credits" as currency. It's a neutral enough term that a society might natural drift to as it gets more advanced, and it's used in numerous sci-fi stories, so most people can relate to it.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 11:34   Link #23016
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I generally try to avoid the mention of specific money, because most of the time, you can get away with it and it's not that important. In "Heritage" I have Fate swiping a payment card, which is reasonable for the society, but doesn't say anything about exactly how much something cost or what the exact currency is. In "Unexpected Expectations" I just have Yuuno sliding some money across a counter "double what the drink cost."

Just ask yourself how important having an exact money count is, and how important it is to specifically name a currency. Most of the time, you'll find it isn't real important to the plot. I'd be willing to help, if anyone has a section dealing with money that they'd like to rewrite to avoid using dollars or something.

But this is just my personal opinion.

Lastly, you could just use "credits" as currency. It's a neutral enough term that a society might natural drift to as it gets more advanced, and it's used in numerous sci-fi stories, so most people can relate to it.
I agree with you on that one. Usually I try to avoid trying to come up with a currency and just prefer putting it just like you did in your story. Trying to make it specific in terms of currency might probably cause readers to either be confused or somewhat thrown off in terms of understanding.
__________________
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 12:13   Link #23017
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
AlternativeS 1 AlternativeS 2 AlternativeS 3a AlternativeS 3b AlternativeS 4 AlternativeS 5 AlternativeS 6 AlternativeS 7

Spoiler for AlternativeS 8-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 8-2:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 13:57   Link #23018
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
AlternativeS 1 AlternativeS 2 AlternativeS 3a AlternativeS 3b AlternativeS 4 AlternativeS 5 AlternativeS 6 AlternativeS 7

Spoiler for AlternativeS 8-1:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 8-2:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 8-3:
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 14:17   Link #23019
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Here's another Omake/Drabble from me.

I wonder how many people are going to be angered by this.

Spoiler for Numbers Omake:
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 14:32   Link #23020
Nijiru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
@Satashi: Yup, Lexus is still a jackass. Still wondering what you have planned for Alicia later, though.
__________________
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.