AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2010-03-31, 17:32   Link #24081
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Gah.

You break the heart. You definitely do. You know how to word things so it all hurts, even the little things. I've always admired that style of writing.
Thank you ^^. And it was supposed to be creepy!Precia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
Spoiler for Comment:

Aside from that nitpick, it was a great read.

*throws cookie and runs off*
*catches cookies and munches away happily* ^^

Ah, I see what you mean by your comment....I suppose I had meant that while Fate wasn't ashamed in her own mind, she didn't want to cause trouble with her friends if she said it out loud ......but maybe that wasn't clear? I'll think on it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post

Nice read, though a tad depressing.
Thanks ^^. Is it weird that I take that as a compliment?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 17:34   Link #24082
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Is it weird that I take that as a compliment?
You have learned well from your Mistress, young Skywalker.
Old 2010-03-31, 18:44   Link #24083
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Every time I read Nanoha's part on this I remember Kaede from Shuffle! @_@ (Yandere Alert)
You should, I based the story off Shuffle heavily (Yuuno and Nanoha living together, Nanoha being like Kaide, and Erio was going to move in with them before you guys killed him.)

And depending on this vote, the house will change again!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 20:11   Link #24084
Nijiru

@deathcurse: Touching, and I have a good idea of Fate's mindset through what happened to me when I was younger. Stuff I won't derail the thread with. Nevertheless, good work.
Old 2010-03-31, 21:01   Link #24085
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Hey, all. First time poster, posting for the first time!

I've been on a Nanoha fanfiction kick recently, and since I like what I see here after a brief glance-through and recognize a lot of names from fanfiction.net stories that I enjoy, I decided I might as well register and say hi. Nice to meet you, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got... oh, God, really? A thousand or so pages of posts to look through. Well. At least I get Friday off. That'll help.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 21:04   Link #24086
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Welcome to the thread. ^^ Hope you have fun and enjoy your stay here, the people are a lot of fun.
Old 2010-03-31, 21:06   Link #24087
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post

I've been on a Nanoha fanfiction kick recently, and since I like what I see here after a brief glance-through and recognize a lot of names from fanfiction.net stories that I enjoy, I decided I might as well register and say hi. Nice to meet you, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got... oh, God, really? A thousand or so pages of posts to look through. Well. At least I get Friday off. That'll help.
Welcome, and good luck with that. (I didn't even bothered to read them all. I just jumped in and started posting. At least people didn't kicked me out...yet.)
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 21:17   Link #24088
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Welcome! It's times like these that make me sad that we don't generally do the proper thing and get our stuff archived in the OP.

Have fun with your trawl?
Old 2010-03-31, 21:23   Link #24089
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:

Welcome! Enjoy your stay! Helpful links under my sig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Welcome! It's times like these that make me sad that we don't generally do the proper thing and get our stuff archived in the OP.
I tried, but it got so BIG that I couldn't keep up with it. I already had to split the archives into two posts, then the Shiny Archive post, the second shiny archive, my shorts archive too... I gotta admit, its too much stuff to really keep it clean and organized.

Though if anyone is willing, I'd be happy to edit my first page post
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 21:23   Link #24090
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:

Hey, I know you! You're the one who's always giving me reviews (I'm F91 on FF.net btw)! Welcome!
Old 2010-03-31, 21:26   Link #24091
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Welcome! Enjoy your stay! Helpful links under my sig!

I tried, but it got so BIG that I couldn't keep up with it. I already had to split the archives into two posts, then the Shiny Archive post, the second shiny archive, my shorts archive too... I gotta admit, its too much stuff to really keep it clean and organized.

If everyone sent at least their own links to you, it could be helpful. I think.
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 22:00   Link #24092
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:

Welcome.^^ I'm the same Kaijo on ff.net, although I've been in a bit of a writer's block lately, heh. Kinda thrown my schedule off, but I should be churning out something soon, if you're interested in my stuff. =)
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 22:03   Link #24093
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Hey, I know you! You're the one who's always giving me reviews (I'm F91 on FF.net btw)! Welcome!
Oh, hey! Nice to see ya! What can I say? I enjoy your stories, so I review. I try to encourage the authors I like.

Quote:
Welcome, and good luck with that. (I didn't even bothered to read them all. I just jumped in and started posting. At least people didn't kicked me out...yet.)
Hmmm... well, in that case, I guess I could shill myself a little while I trawl. Here is a link to the one and only Nanoha fic I have written, which is still in progress (as of now, Chapter '19' out of 'too many for my health' is about 80% done):

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5144486/1/Infinity

It's an action/humor story, rated T, set during a case roughly six months after the Book of Darkness incident because not much else was happening then, so why not endanger reality again? Plus, that way I don't have to wrestle with the entire cast of StrikerS. Between the main cast and my own OC antagonists, there's already a lot to deal with.

I'm trying to think of ways to describe the plot without spoiling it. And failing. Um... someone gave it a TV Tropes page! And I swear it wasn't me. Here, check it out:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/Infinity

Okay, now back to forum trawling.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 22:12   Link #24094
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Hmmm... well, in that case, I guess I could shill myself a little while I trawl. Here is a link to the one and only Nanoha fic I have written, which is still in progress (as of now, Chapter '19' out of 'too many for my health' is about 80% done):

I'll second your shill. It's an awesome fic. It's like...A's with the addition of the added level of parody that's inherent in all pastiche, only you're aware of that level and intentionally using it to your advantage.

Quote:
Um... someone gave it a TV Tropes page! And I swear it wasn't me. Here, check it out:

I'd just like to say that I envy you with the burning jealousy of a thousand angry suns. Or one Arisa on an especially snarky day, whichever.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 22:14   Link #24095
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
And now you've made me curious. I want to check this out now!
Old 2010-03-31, 22:27   Link #24096
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post

I was trying to word it so you'd know that I wasn't trying to poke at you! Mou...

I meant that we all don't really keep up with our own stuff here too well. I certainly never sent you stuff to add to an archive post.
Old 2010-03-31, 23:50   Link #24097
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Happy April Fool's Day! This is actually a serious story, not an omake, joke, or humor fic at all...but honestly, the simple fact that it's a Triangle Hearts story has got to qualify as some kind of joke, right?

Spoiler for Shinobi Campfire Story:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 00:07   Link #24098
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

OMG. The Backlog! The Backlog! So much to read!

Quote:
Oh, hey! Nice to see ya! What can I say? I enjoy your stories, so I review. I try to encourage the authors I like.

It's an action/humor story, rated T, set during a case roughly six months after the Book of Darkness incident because not much else was happening then, so why not endanger reality again? Plus, that way I don't have to wrestle with the entire cast of StrikerS. Between the main cast and my own OC antagonists, there's already a lot to deal with.

I'm trying to think of ways to describe the plot without spoiling it. And failing. Um... someone gave it a TV Tropes page! And I swear it wasn't me. Here, check it out:

ZOMG. It is you! I absolutely love Infinity! I read it in one sitting and just... *flails*
Old 2010-04-01, 01:29   Link #24099
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
You have learned well from your Mistress, young Skywalker.
Am I Anakin or Luke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
@deathcurse: Touching, and I have a good idea of Fate's mindset through what happened to me when I was younger. Stuff I won't derail the thread with. Nevertheless, good work.
I tried to think about that...utterly insensible forgiveness that family members have for each other , and capture it through Fate's reminiscing. I wondered how Fate viewed Precia after growing up and knowing how awful Precia was to her, yet in StrikerS Fate seemed to remember Precia almost fondly (which had me biting nails the first time I saw that, I was thinking, "She hated you! Beat you! Didn't love you!" ), and I started trying to think of why.

It was definitely very painful to write, but I'm glad that it struck a chord in people .

Quote:

Hey, and welcome! I started skimming the first couple of chapters of your fic, but I haven't gotten through all of it yet ....

Something general that I've noticed though, about multi-chapter fics--most people seem to begin their fics with a prologue of some sort that doesn't involve any of the main cast. The prologues seem to focus on the villains, or some minor character who gets killed off pretty quick ....has anyone else noticed this trend?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 02:45   Link #24100
LesChaussettes

Hello, first time posting here.

Got here via reading Nanoha fanfics on FF.net and thought that this was a nice place for fanfiction authors since quality of writing seems to be immune from Sturgeon's Law, haha. So I decided to participate and maybe get a few of those plotbunnies of mine that never take off off the ground, urhurhur!

Shall not drag this little introduction too long and I look forward to interacting with all the awesome people here. -bows-
LesChaussettes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha