AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2010-08-03, 19:15   Link #26241
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Except I'm technically your dealer in this scenario, so I guess I should be telling you that you don't have a problem, then offering you a free hit. Y'know, to keep you hooked.

I'll get right on that, I swear. I'm not a very motivated clown-pusher.
I'm patient, I can wait for my hit.

Quote:
And I don't blame you for not following Infinity, honestly. It is kind of a large story, so I imagine it can be sort of hard to get into without a big chunk of free time to get started with. Hell, I'd probably have a hard time following it if I weren't the one leading it.
I'd still like to pick it up at some point, though. I enjoy your writing style and sense of character, and I've heard many good things about Infinity. I just need a time block where I can sit down and at least get started on it.
Old 2010-08-03, 23:28   Link #26242
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Spoiler for More Material Days:

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 23:55   Link #26243
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for More Material Days:
It's just one problem after another, isn't it? Well, just make sure you don't drag out their travels too long. You don't have to rush it, but some sort of confrontation with the Bureau should happen sooner rather than later.
Old 2010-08-04, 00:34   Link #26244
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm patient, I can wait for my hit.
Well, I finally sat down and did some serious work on the next chapter. If it ends up being similar in length to the others, it's about a third complete.

Gotta keep the customers satisfied, y'know? They gots the demand, and I gotta provide the supply or other dealers will start moving in.

Quote:
I'd still like to pick it up at some point, though. I enjoy your writing style and sense of character, and I've heard many good things about Infinity. I just need a time block where I can sit down and at least get started on it.
And I hope you find the time. I do enjoy having authors I like reading stuff I write. When Dezo started I squeed (squee'd? squeeed?) like a child because I'd just finished reading Stahlkönigin and all I could think was 'the author who actually made me think of Vivio as a character instead of a plot device likes my story!' There's nothing quite like looking through the FF.net reviews and seeing a name you recognize because you've reviewed their stuff yourself.

And of course, I'll admit that I smile like an idiot every time someone on the forums here says that the latest chapter of Center Ring made it hard for them to breathe.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 00:53   Link #26245
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
It's just one problem after another, isn't it? Well, just make sure you don't drag out their travels too long. You don't have to rush it, but some sort of confrontation with the Bureau should happen sooner rather than later.
Well, we need to flesh out the Materials a bit more, ya know?

And a few other things, but mostly that.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 06:10   Link #26246
Megaolix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Well, we need to flesh out the Materials a bit more, ya know?

And a few other things, but mostly that.
I suppose so. I know they can't just arrive directly to Mid but... Or is one of the teams Chrono send going to act?

Now, just how are they going to leave? As far as I can tell from the snippet, they're stranded on an unknown planet and in need of an engineer.
Old 2010-08-04, 08:21   Link #26247
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6186724/3/

Mothers and Daughters chapter 3! NSFW~

(BTW anyone here play Starcraft II? My name is Kimiko, code number: 590 )
Yaay~ goes to read.

(my SC II name is Lena, Code: 619. Playstyle: oldschool, so I need to get used to the new controls XD)

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 11:42   Link #26248
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Been awhile since my last update of this. Sorry for the delay, but anime got my attention, haha.^^;;

Future Tense

Chapter 14: The Wages of Sin

In which a pair of fated confrontations are made, and the end of one journey draws near....

Previous chapters can be found here.

Spoiler for Future Tense, Chapter 14: The Wages of Sin:

Random slightly off topic ramblings: I watched Mai Hime a long time ago, and had heard about the Mai Otome sequel, but didn't think I'd like it. Recently watched it though, and did find myself liking it; so much so I've been debating a mai otome/mai hime fic, and/or a mai otome/nanoha crossover fic. I know there is already one of those, but mine would be more of a continuation of both, rather than the AU fusion of the other one. If I get around to writing it, that is, heh.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2010-08-04 at 12:00.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 11:54   Link #26249
Megaolix

You know, if a previous author's note was of any indication, Nanoha is probably looking for a way to break reality, come to your side and kick your ass since you continue to kill her allies one after another.

More seriously, I do hope this is the last time. We're going to joke on who's going to sacrifice themselves next if this go on.
Old 2010-08-04, 11:58   Link #26250
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
yeah i'd like that if it was done well, myself i did not like otome as much :P and otome has a sequel and a prequel btw. I'll edit this after i read the fic ^^

Spoiler for stuff:

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.

Last edited by itanshi1; 2010-08-04 at 12:17.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 12:05   Link #26251
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Eh, I'd read it, Kaijo. I liked Hime and Otome well enough (though I found they shared a flaw: an otherwise strong series capped off by an ending that just left me vaguely annoyed). I trust your writing skillz enough to read such a fic if you wrote it.

... He said, still having not read chapter 13 of Future Tense even as 14 hits. Whoops?
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 12:05   Link #26252
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Hoo boy, yeah... So... That's how Signum was revived last time?

Hayate learned how to do that?

Ick, this won't be good.

Unless it's permanent?

*shakes head*

I really, REALLY hope that someone's playing "Puck" on Nanoha here and she's just seeing a really bad future.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 13:07   Link #26253
vic-vic

Poor nanoha can`t get some rest. Peoples, whom she met just keep dying.

And Necromacer-Hayate... hoo boy.
vic-vic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 13:14   Link #26254
Megaolix

I'm almost tempted to write an omake to this... Maybe I'll do it after another death.

My money on the Oracle biting the dust next.
Old 2010-08-04, 13:36   Link #26255
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Spoiler for kaijo spoiler discussion:

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 13:37   Link #26256
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaolix View Post
You know, if a previous author's note was of any indication, Nanoha is probably looking for a way to break reality, come to your side and kick your ass since you continue to kill her allies one after another.

More seriously, I do hope this is the last time. We're going to joke on who's going to sacrifice themselves next if this go on.
Heh, really, the recent death count is fairly low, and most of those were either OC's (Randy, Givo's mom) or secondaries (Sette, Tre). Most of the death was in the 50 years between. But all I can say is, if you know me, and know sci-fi and fantasy, you might not be too disappointed. :P There was a deliberate reason for the title of this chapter, if you know the whole verse, and that's all I'll say.^^

But if you want to write an omake or something, feel free, heh. I don't mind if people write things off my fics.

@itanshi: Thanks for that, heh. Will incorporate that fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Eh, I'd read it, Kaijo. I liked Hime and Otome well enough (though I found they shared a flaw: an otherwise strong series capped off by an ending that just left me vaguely annoyed).
I wasn't too annoyed, although I could see where people would be. It's more that I liked the universe that otome created (like StrikerS), and the possibilities of how it might be linked with HiME. My biggest question right now is whether to do a crossover or not. Based upon my initial idea, I could go without, but if I wrote it without Nanoha, I'd lose the reason for bringing them in. At any rate, it'll be awhile before I get to that. Was mainly floating the idea to gauge possible interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Hoo boy, yeah... So... That's how Signum was revived last time?

Hayate learned how to do that?
Yep to the first, and as for the second... that was an original function in the book. I wouldn't say "learn" so much as "motivated to re-acquire."

Quote:
I really, REALLY hope that someone's playing "Puck" on Nanoha here and she's just seeing a really bad future.
You may just hate me when you see where I end up, haha.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 14:38   Link #26257
Megaolix

Well then... It may be a bit crude since I wrote this fast, but I hope you'll like it.

Spoiler for Behind the scenes of Future Tense:

Last edited by Megaolix; 2010-08-04 at 15:29.
Megaolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 15:08   Link #26258
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I think I could see that happening. I feel really sorry for /nanoha does she have Instant Death Radius now?
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 15:52   Link #26259
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Should I feel bad that Agito reminded me of Chioutzhou and Dragon Ball Abridged?

"Wait, what--"*EXPLODE*

Time for something different! I've felt bad about commenting on stories and the like here without contributing to much, so I've started writing a couple stories of my own. I'm not ready to post a full chapter, but hell, I've got enough for a teaser. Hope you all enjoy:

MAGICAL GIRL LYRICAL NANOHA:
THE COLLARED

Spoiler for Teaser:
Old 2010-08-04, 15:55   Link #26260
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

That sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to see where it goes. I like the tone of the section, sets a good atmosphere up.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha