AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-08, 23:58   Link #26381
ZeroIchiNi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Materials no Jikan chapter 2: Such a Long Day

Chapter 1 can be found here. This chapter is much longer

Spoiler for MnJ chapter 2: Such a Long Day:
That was awesome. and Reinforce is there too!

I really want to see how the original Aces react when they find out what they been doing.


I remember writing a bit for my fanfic but due to lack of time I'm not even pass the prologue. I wish I have lots of free time
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 00:44   Link #26382
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Indeed. Well, the sex bugged me but I can get over that. Otherwise the OOCness was the main concern but not only has that been addressed, but the explanation used has opened the door for so many possibilities.

Well, with all this Materials related happenings lately, I figured I should contribute some of my own. So...

Materials no Jikan chapter 2: Such a Long Day

Chapter 1 can be found here. This chapter is much longer

Spoiler for MnJ chapter 2: Such a Long Day:
Rai as hyper as always, Seikou as calm and polite as always and Yami... well, as mean as always. But poor Yuuno - he just can`t protect himself from Chrono schemes.

Good work 00-Raiser.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 05:56   Link #26383
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Well, if you are still under the moral dilemma if using sex as a means to replenish energy, you can also use the same method as Kyoshiro towa no sora/Shattered Angels by replenishing energy through kissing, you can still incorporate the psychological aspect seeing as (I guess, it's about Yuuno's perspective about the Materials themselves (just like humans, living things, etc or romance)
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2010-08-09 at 09:51.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 18:59   Link #26384
Nagumo
Random Translator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Brunswick
Hello guys, I was wondering what you thought of this fanfic on Fanfiction.net

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5707992/1/Nouveau_Terra

I personally like it a lot. I'm just dropping it here to hear your opinions.
__________________
I do not like Kansai-ben, but I do like Hayate-chan!
Also, Canadian here, not actually Japanese.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 21:59   Link #26385
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well, if you are still under the moral dilemma if using sex as a means to replenish energy, you can also use the same method as Kyoshiro towa no sora/Shattered Angels by replenishing energy through kissing, you can still incorporate the psychological aspect seeing as (I guess, it's about Yuuno's perspective about the Materials themselves (just like humans, living things, etc or romance)
I suggested that very same method when the issue first came up

Anyways, it's not an issue anymore. I thought the whole sex thing was thrown in just for the sake of giving Yuuno a reason to score with them and nothing more and I didn't like that. But now that it's going to have a larger impact on the plot itself, I don't have as much a problem with it.

In other news, I uploaded the new chapter of Materials no Jikan.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 22:12   Link #26386
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I suggested that very same method when the issue first came up

Anyways, it's not an issue anymore. I thought the whole sex thing was thrown in just for the sake of giving Yuuno a reason to score with them and nothing more and I didn't like that. But now that it's going to have a larger impact on the plot itself, I don't have as much a problem with it.

In other news, I uploaded the new chapter of Materials no Jikan.
Just read it, and the end was just LOLz.

For some reason, I am reminded of the ending of Rosario capu ending.
Tsukune: Oh, Moka are you ok?
(Moka hugs Tsukune but you hear crunching sounds because she's strong)
Tsukune: AHHHH!!!!

(other girls sweatdrop)
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 00:32   Link #26387
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Anyways, it's not an issue anymore. I thought the whole sex thing was thrown in just for the sake of giving Yuuno a reason to score with them and nothing more and I didn't like that. But now that it's going to have a larger impact on the plot itself, I don't have as much a problem with it.
It's always had a larger purpose. Yasanagi and myself just didn't want to show it until later.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 06:59   Link #26388
Megaolix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
It's always had a larger purpose. Yasanagi and myself just didn't want to show it until later.
Well, that whole mess could have been avoided if you had hinted that something was up in the snippets before.

Also, I've heard that AA is being attacked these days. Viruses, trolling posts and horrible pictures. Don't know if they got to Materials Days, but you might want to be careful.
__________________
I hate sad and bittersweet endings. Why? Because I think the real world is sad enough as it is. Must our stories be sad too?

Last edited by Megaolix; 2010-08-10 at 07:15.
Megaolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 07:09   Link #26389
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
It's always had a larger purpose. Yasanagi and myself just didn't want to show it until later.
Yeah, what Megaolix said. I've said this before, but after Yami and Yuuno did it, nothing changed. The dynamic between the two stayed the same as if they didn't have sex at all. As such it felt like the sex had no purpose, which is why I suggested removing it as it wouldn't affect the rest of the story since they acted like nothing happened anyways.

But I suppose Yasanagi has the opportunity to fix it for the FF.net version.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 08:57   Link #26390
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Yeah, what Megaolix said. I've said this before, but after Yami and Yuuno did it, nothing changed. The dynamic between the two stayed the same as if they didn't have sex at all. As such it felt like the sex had no purpose, which is why I suggested removing it as it wouldn't affect the rest of the story since they acted like nothing happened anyways.

But I suppose Yasanagi has the opportunity to fix it for the FF.net version.
For now, at last. But after nine months situation can change dramatically.

Spoiler for my imagination go wild:
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 09:10   Link #26391
Megaolix
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
For now, at last. But after nine months situation can change dramatically.

Spoiler for my imagination go wild:
I'm all for drama now and then, but let's not turn this into a soap opera. The situation with the Aces and Yami's spell will be ugly enough as it is.
__________________
I hate sad and bittersweet endings. Why? Because I think the real world is sad enough as it is. Must our stories be sad too?
Megaolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 09:43   Link #26392
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
For now, at last. But after nine months situation can change dramatically.

Spoiler for my imagination go wild:
.....

I'm getting flashbacks to the Numbers/Jail scenario revealed at the end of StrikerS when Fate confronted him...
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:25   Link #26393
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Yeah, what Megaolix said. I've said this before, but after Yami and Yuuno did it, nothing changed. The dynamic between the two stayed the same as if they didn't have sex at all. As such it felt like the sex had no purpose, which is why I suggested removing it as it wouldn't affect the rest of the story since they acted like nothing happened anyways.
You'll see soon enough... *nods*

And, no, no soap opera stuff here...
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 14:35   Link #26394
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Where you least expect me
Age: 21
If this turns into a soap opera I'll forsake my God, I just can't escape these days. That scenario with jail and the numbers was just creepy weird, it scared me. I haven't been scared since I watched Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.
__________________
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"
eyes
"When desperate there are two choices: Lock shields for the last stand or draw your sword for the final charge"
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 16:27   Link #26395
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hotsprings Resort
Age: 29
I said I'd write more, so I did.

Side Dish 1

Spoiler for Side Dish 2: Anxiety:
__________________
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 17:12   Link #26396
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brampton
Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
I said I'd write more, so I did.

Side Dish 1

Spoiler for Side Dish 2: Anxiety:
Tempy, you rock. I love seeing Diana get her fix of megalomania via computer games. And it was pretty WAFFy in how Kev comforted Lilia. Shana as always is a treat to read.

Hm... I wonder if Diana's computer game fixation carries into the future if she ever gets to a TSAB officer post. I would love it if she used game lingo in her abuse of her subordinates while they conduct an operation...

"THAT'S A 50 F**KING DKP MINUS!!!"
__________________

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 19:03   Link #26397
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 346Pro
Age: 29
Then we'd better pray that Diana don't ever need to go raid a dragon's nest.
__________________
白露型駆逐艦の4番艦、夕立です。第三次ソロモン海戦では、けっこう頑張ったっぽい★?
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 19:10   Link #26398
AlexSilvara
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Hello guys, I was wondering what you thought of this fanfic on Fanfiction.net

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5707992/1/Nouveau_Terra

I personally like it a lot. I'm just dropping it here to hear your opinions.
I've got this on my watch list, actually; I tend to like well-written stories that borrow a little from the universe but aren't so much... an excuse to use the series as a whole. For that reason Infinity is also on my watch list. (Of course, so's Material Days, or at least it was until the last few pages made me wonder if I really want to see what's coming soon in that.)

...That reminds me, I need to drop FFN reviews on a number of stories, particularly the above-mentioned; but while I'm here, I should mention Material Days, since I get the vague sense Yasanagi and Nanya check here more often.

Spoiler for Thoughts on Material Days:


...I need to lurk less, I think. Stuff happens while I'm ignoring the reply button. I also need to actually finish reading Future Tense. And check over the last few pages, I think I saw things I wanted to look for. That OC description linked at the beginning of Side Dish makes me want to go back and look at that, in particular.
AlexSilvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 19:14   Link #26399
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Age: 24
Been a while since I updated this story, but I've been distracted with other works . Sorry!

Previous parts:Revised Part 1-4A and Revised Part 4B. Previous section of Trial Day 1:Revised Part 5: Trial Day 1, part A

Crime Never Sleeps
Revised Part 5: Trial Day 1, part B

Spoiler for Crime Never Sleeps, Part 5: Trial Day 1, part B:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 19:18   Link #26400
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Been a while since I updated this story, but I've been distracted with other works . Sorry!

Previous parts:Revised Part 1-4A and Revised Part 4B. Previous section of Trial Day 1:Revised Part 5: Trial Day 1, part A

Crime Never Sleeps
Revised Part 5: Trial Day 1, part B

Spoiler for Crime Never Sleeps, Part 5: Trial Day 1, part B:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
.....

I have a very cold, very nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach after reading this. I don't doubt Hayate has a plan up her sleeve, but somehow, I just cannot see this ending well for Raven.

EDIT: Pageclaim for part 5!
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.