AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2010-08-19, 13:39   Link #26581
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Chapter 2 for "A Familiar Life...". I still haven't decided how long this whole story is going to be, but it'll be a three-shot at least .

By now, I guess you can use spoiler tags or not at your own discretion.

Chapter 1 - If you haven't read Chapter 1, I recommend you do it first, or else you'll be majorly spoiled

Spoiler for A Familiar Life... Chp. 2:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

EDIT: Changed a few lines here and there to better match my new story direction ^^.

Last edited by deathcurse; 2010-08-20 at 17:54.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:07   Link #26582
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Chapter 2 for "A Familiar Life...". I still haven't decided how long this whole story is going to be, but it'll be a three-shot at least .

Chapter 1 - If you haven't read Chapter 1, I recommend you do it first, or else you'll be majorly spoiled

Ouch, Road to hell builds from good intentions. Fate revive Nanoha, but now she will be court-maritaled and Nanoha herself didn`t seemd grateful at all (and i can understnd Nanoha`s anger).
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 14:28   Link #26583
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I'm so addicted to the sheer angst of the scenario x_X haha I'll message you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 15:01   Link #26584
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:

Spoiler for Reply:

Anyway, just random thoughts. It's an interesting concept that I haven't seen explored before; don't know where you're going with it, but just thought I'd toss in some more familiar info. I'm just surprised I'm following it; one of the very few times I'm reading someone else's fic, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 15:17   Link #26585
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Ouch, Road to hell builds from good intentions. Fate revive Nanoha, but now she will be court-maritaled and Nanoha herself didn`t seemd grateful at all (and i can understnd Nanoha`s anger).
Thanks, I hoped that Nanoha didn't sound utterly ungrateful, but that her anger was sympathetic ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
I'm so addicted to the sheer angst of the scenario x_X haha I'll message you.
Yeah, came out way more angsty than I had expected !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Spoiler for Reply:

Anyway, just random thoughts. It's an interesting concept that I haven't seen explored before; don't know where you're going with it, but just thought I'd toss in some more familiar info. I'm just surprised I'm following it; one of the very few times I'm reading someone else's fic, heh.
Spoiler for Reply to Kaijo's reply ^^:
Old 2010-08-19, 15:32   Link #26586
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Spoiler for Reply to Kaijo's reply ^^:
Spoiler for Yet another reply!:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 15:36   Link #26587
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Spoiler for reply replies:

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 17:53   Link #26588
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Blegh. Too much angst in this thread. Can we get some more explosions in here please?

The following are a pair of fanfic ideas that've been bouncing around in my head for the last few days. I can't decide which one I'd rather write more; I adore Cinque and I've wanted to write a story about her for a long time, but the Burning Arisa plot I've got going in BlazerS does a lot to put the Super Robot Wars back into Nanoha, something I think we desperately need more of around here. Which of these two would you guys like to see more?
Spoiler for Nanoha BlazerS:

Spoiler for Nanoha BladeS:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 18:35   Link #26589
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Blegh. Too much angst in this thread. Can we get some more explosions in here please?

The following are a pair of fanfic ideas that've been bouncing around in my head for the last few days. I can't decide which one I'd rather write more; I adore Cinque and I've wanted to write a story about her for a long time, but the Burning Arisa plot I've got going in BlazerS does a lot to put the Super Robot Wars back into Nanoha, something I think we desperately need more of around here. Which of these two would you guys like to see more?

BladeS, please and thank you! While I'm as big an Arisa/Suzuka fan as anyone, there are just no fics about Cinque and she desperately needs one. And the plot itself seems to lend itself easily to my love of political-conspiracy stories.

(One note--I actually believe that Jail and the unrepentant Numbers are not all held in one single orbital prison--I believe their character cards, translated in the Q&A thread, indicate that they are being held separately from one another).
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 18:45   Link #26590
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
BladeS, please and thank you! While I'm as big an Arisa/Suzuka fan as anyone, there are just no fics about Cinque and she desperately needs one. And the plot itself seems to lend itself easily to my love of political-conspiracy stories.

(One note--I actually believe that Jail and the unrepentant Numbers are not all held in one single orbital prison--I believe their character cards, translated in the Q&A thread, indicate that they are being held separately from one another).
Mmm... the situation isn't quite as political as it sounds, but it does delve deeper into the council's conspiracy than StrikerS did. Questions like "how did Jail gets his hands on all those Jewel Seeds for the Gadgets?" and "where exactly was he getting all the parts for this stuff?" are what I'm looking at answering. And the point about the Numbers being housed in separate prisons is a detail I'm aware of, but it's such a minor detail that I think it can safely be ignored or fudged by way of having the conspiracy set things up so all their targets are in one place.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2010-08-19, 18:46   Link #26591
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Really? Darn.

Just that I'm working on a short story that Nanya inspired me to do, and this knowledge means I'll have to change some things in the first chapter. Well... hopefully only a few sentences, if I'm remembering correctly.

Oh, and I'd rather read the Cinque story. She was my favorite Number, and it pissed me off that she got so little screentime in StrikerS.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 18:51   Link #26592
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Spoiler for Yet another reply!:
Spoiler for Response to reply to reply to...er....... XD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Spoiler for reply replies:
Spoiler for RRR:

Quote:
Was that a remark towards me?

Quote:

I agree with Dezo, more Cinque please!
Old 2010-08-19, 19:01   Link #26593
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Was that a remark towards me?
Maaaaaaaaybe... Or maybe not!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2010-08-19, 19:20   Link #26594
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Mmm... the situation isn't quite as political as it sounds, but it does delve deeper into the council's conspiracy than StrikerS did. Questions like "how did Jail gets his hands on all those Jewel Seeds for the Gadgets?" and "where exactly was he getting all the parts for this stuff?" are what I'm looking at answering. And the point about the Numbers being housed in separate prisons is a detail I'm aware of, but it's such a minor detail that I think it can safely be ignored or fudged by way of having the conspiracy set things up so all their targets are in one place.
I can only speak for myself, but as a reader I can live quite happily with "fudged" (one "accident" being more believable than five, so there's good reason for them to take such a step). "Ignored" would bug me, though.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 19:25   Link #26595
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
More replies to the replies to the...

ok, I'll stop

Spoiler for Another Reply:
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 19:39   Link #26596
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:

Geeze, that's harsh! Despite it all, Nanoha should realise it's better to be alive than dead! How everyone is handling the situation is very interesting. Please, do more

However, I have to side with Kaijo. As far as I know, cloning is not magic, cloning is SCIENCE! There's no 'cloning spell' Precia used to make Fate, but instead it was a process requiring various glass containers with liquid in them

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Otherwise, the Bureau could just crank up an AMF and poof! No More Nanoha: having a physical Anchor means they'll have to actually deal with the issues instead of making them Go Away
If Zafira is any indication, AMF don't make familiars/guardian beasts go 'poof.'
Old 2010-08-19, 19:39   Link #26597
Thunderbird
IS: Liar's Mask
*Author

Quote:
Hehehe, well I figured the mistress would have liked the flow of angstyness in here

Explosions huh...You want magical explosions? angsty explosions? or just explosions in general? lolz

Thunderbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 20:26   Link #26598
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
Hehehe, well I figured the mistress would have liked the flow of angstyness in here

Explosions huh...You want magical explosions? angsty explosions? or just explosions in general? lolz
I want great big apocalyptic firestorms! I want enough explosions to make Michael Bay cream himself! And I want JAM Project doing the background music!

COMAR'S FANFIC RULE #1: It's not a Nanoha fanfic if it doesn't go well with SKILL!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2010-08-19, 21:56   Link #26599
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:

I have to admit, I'm more sympathetic to Nanoha here, still. I know Fate had the best intentions at heart, and that it's better to be alive than to be dead, but one has to question just how much Nanoha can really live while Fate gets used to having to handle two familiars, and again.... I know she died, but it doesn't change the fact that Fate still violated her by bringing her back to life and changing her like that. Not to mention, now their whole relationship has possibly been ruined. It's definitely going to be awkward for a long while, and how is Nanoha supposed to serve Fate as a familiar if she doesn't even want her in the same room?

Times like these I remember what my dad says sometimes: "It's easier to die quickly than to live and prolong the suffering." I don't condone Fate for saving her friend, because she meant well, but it really comes across that she did more harm than good with it.
Old 2010-08-19, 23:27   Link #26600
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Maaaaaaaaybe... Or maybe not!
LOL ....But hey, I don't write angst, I write tragedy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
More replies to the replies to the...

ok, I'll stop

Spoiler for Another Reply:
Spoiler for Another another Reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Geeze, that's harsh! Despite it all, Nanoha should realise it's better to be alive than dead! How everyone is handling the situation is very interesting. Please, do more

However, I have to side with Kaijo. As far as I know, cloning is not magic, cloning is SCIENCE! There's no 'cloning spell' Precia used to make Fate, but instead it was a process requiring various glass containers with liquid in them
Spoiler for some stuff is spoilery:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I have to admit, I'm more sympathetic to Nanoha here, still. I know Fate had the best intentions at heart, and that it's better to be alive than to be dead, but one has to question just how much Nanoha can really live while Fate gets used to having to handle two familiars, and again.... I know she died, but it doesn't change the fact that Fate still violated her by bringing her back to life and changing her like that. Not to mention, now their whole relationship has possibly been ruined. It's definitely going to be awkward for a long while, and how is Nanoha supposed to serve Fate as a familiar if she doesn't even want her in the same room?

Times like these I remember what my dad says sometimes: "It's easier to die quickly than to live and prolong the suffering." I don't condone Fate for saving her friend, because she meant well, but it really comes across that she did more harm than good with it.
Yes, part of the tragedy definitely is that even if Fate had wanted to go that route, there were many other options that might have worked better. Instead, she reacted instinctively, and so went with what she felt was best...which sadly, isn't that good at all .

Like I mentioned above in my reply to 00-Raiser, I tend to be of the opposite mentality (but I do sympathize with those of this mentality). If I was a fictional character, I'd be one of those mega-villains determined to find the secret to immortality XD, as I think that nearly any kind of life is better than death . Suffering seems like a reasonable price to pay in exchange for life ^^, at least for myself in my opinion .

EDIT: My third page claim in a row! Page claim for MAGIC!!! A WIZARD DID IT!!!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha