AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-18, 11:55   Link #281
SpaceBrotha
Wild card
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Finland
Age: 29
When my mom tried to give me 'The Talk' i reversed the situation and explained it to her instead...
she took the hint rather quickly

Edit: I dedicate this page claim to 'The Talk'
__________________
"Life is the only game in which the object of the game is to learn the rules." Unknown
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." Norman Schwarzkopf
"Whoever stands by a just cause cannot possibly be called a terrorist." Yassar Arafat
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 12:00   Link #282
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
*flails* get out of my head!
It's just common sense really. After all, I'm not your average reader. I'm a reader, AND, a writer! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Har. I never got "the talk". *Wins*
Yay! Same here XD *Wins as well*

Quote:
I'd like to include 'Ashes unto Dust' but I dunno how to write that in katakana.
'Ashes Unto Dust' eh? Hmm....*refers to the phonetic alphabet*

Ashes = A-shi-su/tsu
Unto = U-n-to
Dust = I'm not sure

Well I'm 100% sure, since I could be wrong, but that's just based on my knowledge of the Japanese phonetic alphabet and all

I may know the alphabet, but I don't know how to apply it 100% yet.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 12:09   Link #283
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Maybe I'll run the words in a japanese dictonary thingy...
Well BabelFish translates 'Ashes unto Dust' into: 塵に灰.
...
I see a 'ni' in there.

Ashes: haigara
Dust: chiri, funjin, obutsu, hokori
...
I miss my translator site that told me the meanings attached to those words. I don't remember its name and I have it bookmarked on my home computer (which I can't use) /sigh
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 13:19   Link #284
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
When my mom tried to give me 'The Talk' i reversed the situation and explained it to her instead...
she took the hint rather quickly

Edit: I dedicate this page claim to 'The Talk'
Spoiler for NSFW text (kinda... not really... but just incase?):


Nanoha's secret revealed
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 13:21   Link #285
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
I've started reading Saved by the Bell.
Loving it so far. I'll probably just leave one big over all review though
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 13:46   Link #286
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I've started reading Saved by the Bell.
Loving it so far. I'll probably just leave one big over all review though
Works for me, hope you enjoy it ^_^
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 13:59   Link #287
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Spoiler for NSFW text (kinda... not really... but just incase?):


Nanoha's secret revealed
*Drops like a rock unconscious*

Cause: Extreme nasal discharge of blood
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:02   Link #288
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
*Drops like a rock unconscious*

Cause: Extreme nasal discharge of blood
Add one to the list of death by nosebleed T_T

Maybe I should cut back the funny fanservice bits...\

edit: Question, do any of you writers have someone who normally reviews your stuff, but for some reason they just annoy the heck out of you? I have two people like that now. Don't offer any real advice and just generally make my IQ drop just by reading their stuff *sigh*
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:08   Link #289
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Add one to the list of death by nosebleed T_T

Maybe I should cut back the funny fanservice bits...
Nah, I just fainted XD

Besides, it's fun with all the fanservice XD
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:24   Link #290
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Oh phew thought I'd have to get the broom out again and start sweeping corpses off the thread.

@Satashi-sama:
I have those kinds... It irks me when I have a review and it was like some one-lined 'this is good' kind of deal. I had people favorite me but not leave reviews... That is somewhat irking since I like to get feedback *Comment whore*
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:30   Link #291
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Oh phew thought I'd have to get the broom out again and start sweeping corpses off the thread.

@Satashi-sama:
I have those kinds... It irks me when I have a review and it was like some one-lined 'this is good' kind of deal. I had people favorite me but not leave reviews... That is somewhat irking since I like to get feedback *Comment whore*
Don't worry, you're not alone in that respect. I've got this one story, that has 195 alerts, 146 favs, 17 C2s, has been viewed 71496 times, and I've only been reviewed 424 times, for 14 chapters, and I'd say 80% of it is just the general "I like it" kind of review, with the remaining 20% being actual constructive reviews.

But then again...my fic is nearly 2 years old, or it will be come March XD
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:32   Link #292
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Wow that is a lot My most is only near 800 hits that I did last year And has like 12 reviews. People don't seem to review me often
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:36   Link #293
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Wow that is a lot My most is only near 800 hits that I did last year And has like 12 reviews. People don't seem to review me often
But then again, Nanoha is still building up it's fanbase here in North America.

The story that has that kind of stats is my hit story in the Evangelion community, Unbreakable Bond, which also happens to be my series of specialty at the moment.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:37   Link #294
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Oh no School of Lyrical is nowhere near that It is last I checked getting near 500 hits with 6 reviews. The fic I was talking about was Hikikomonogo which is in the Yggdra Union section where is far less popular so I suppose it is something that it has so many hits in such a unknown series
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:38   Link #295
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The "Other" TARDIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
@Reiji Tabibito: I also played RO for a long time. on the official server I had an 87 Monk and a 93 Priestess. Co-founder of "Guardians of POING" guild, we sold our services to protect a castle during WoE for 1 mil Zenny :3
Ah... nice. I play myself - whether official or not is up to your imagination - I play four characters - an 80something ME Priest; a lvl 50something Lancer Knight; a lvl 50something Wizard; and a lvl20 Gunslinger.
__________________
BAND OF CADIA

"I am not a hero, but I served in the company of Nano."

Reiji Tabibito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:48   Link #296
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Oh no School of Lyrical is nowhere near that It is last I checked getting near 500 hits with 6 reviews. The fic I was talking about was Hikikomonogo which is in the Yggdra Union section where is far less popular so I suppose it is something that it has so many hits in such a unknown series
Basically the number of hits is relative to the popularity of the series, and the number of fictions are there for that particular series. For a Nanoha or series, Satashi is like a god, whereas in say Evangelion, I'm just a skilled and popular writer.

Now statistically speaking, those kinds of value in a really huge series such as Naruto, the numbers wouldn't mean as much, as it would just indicate your an above average writer, but nothing incredibly special. It's when it mounts into the thousands then you know you're starting to become increasingly popular Mind that this is in the larger series such as Naruto, Harry Potter, or Card Captors Sakura.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 17:41   Link #297
Riddly
It can't be...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P-Town
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Question, do any of you writers have someone who normally reviews your stuff, but for some reason they just annoy the heck out of you? I have two people like that now. Don't offer any real advice and just generally make my IQ drop just by reading their stuff *sigh*
I hope I'm not one of those. I generally just post about things I like in your story, without offering advice really. >< Normally the only thing wrong I find is just typos. The only "problem" I can think of, is you seem to want to use "was" when "were" should have been used. Not all the time, but I've noticed it through out some chapters and other stories. Now I feel guilty for my reviews.
__________________
Riddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 17:42   Link #298
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Phew I managed to get my review done before the computers auto shut down
I had to shorten it a bit. Gomen

You should read my stuff sometime Satashi-sama. xP
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 17:44   Link #299
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
I don't mind the so much "I liked it" one liners, those are good too. I mean the people who just rant and rant and rant about..nothing. here's an example. I wrote a story about a girl teaching a guy how to kiss. and this is the review I got
Spoiler for this is just sad:


...WTF!? and it's a signed review so I can't get it taken down.

but anyway, as to Nanoha ones. This one really bothers me. (a review on latest SbtB chapter
Spoiler for .....:


I just hate being talked to like I'm in some military camp (every review is like that). And the first review I got from him I thought "hey a military guy?" So I checked his profile and it seems to be a young teen who likes First person shooters. I messaged him and asked not to be given reviews like that ( my dad is a retired marine. ) because it kinda offended me. Well, he's still going strong. I'm happy he likes my stories, I really am... but man, can he just be a little better on respecting my wishes or offering some advice that doesn't sound like a drill sergeant?


And no, the people here are great. Specially you riddly ^^
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 17:55   Link #300
Riddly
It can't be...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P-Town
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
I don't mind the so much "I liked it" one liners, those are good too. I mean the people who just rant and rant and rant about..nothing. here's an example. I wrote a story about a girl teaching a guy how to kiss. and this is the review I got
Spoiler for this is just sad:


...WTF!? and it's a signed review so I can't get it taken down.

but anyway, as to Nanoha ones. This one really bothers me. (a review on latest SbtB chapter
Spoiler for .....:


I just hate being talked to like I'm in some military camp (every review is like that). And the first review I got from him I thought "hey a military guy?" So I checked his profile and it seems to be a young teen who likes First person shooters. I messaged him and asked not to be given reviews like that ( my dad is a retired marine. ) because it kinda offended me. Well, he's still going strong. I'm happy he likes my stories, I really am... but man, can he just be a little better on respecting my wishes or offering some advice that doesn't sound like a drill sergeant?


And no, the people here are great. Specially you riddly ^^
Wtf @ the life story review. That was more information than anyone wanted to know, I'm sure. And I'm glad my reviews aren't in the failure category. Not necessarily productive, but I do like to express my support towards your stories. I'll try to throw in some advice from now on.
__________________
Riddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.