AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-04-15, 22:59   Link #30381
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
That was cute.

I am also posting to let everyone know that I am essentially dead right now. I don't know if I'll be writing anything--much less fanfiction--until the semester is over. I've got a pile of Java code to write that's taller than I am and I'm still working on an essay for English. Plus I have to study for a math test the week after spring break.

This summer I'm not going to attend classes due to nothing I need being offered (goddamned budget cuts) and instead I'm going to write a fucking book. An original novel. From start to finish (minus the editing, anyway), that will be my task this summer.

So I'm not sure if any chapters of Altered Course or The Truth will get posted. If any, it will only be the former, since the chapters are short and the story is not terribly complex.
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 23:13   Link #30382
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pennsylvania. It's sort of like a real state.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And here, we have a piece inspired by DezoPenguin's "I Didn't Know You Could Take It Literally". It feels a bit iffy to me, but maybe I'm being too critical of it. Might be because I'm not used to writing Lutecia post-Shadow arc.

In any event:

Spoiler for Growing Pains:


The title is kind of a pun, mostly on the fact that even though Lutecia is starting to get better, she still has a ways to go yet. Poor Cia, she just can't win.
... the Cherry Coke product placement is strong in this one. XD

Anyway, not bad at all. A fluffy, funny little piece that serves as a worthy companion to Dezo's fluffy, funny little piece. Not a bad read at all.
__________________
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 00:30   Link #30383
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And here, we have a piece inspired by DezoPenguin's "I Didn't Know You Could Take It Literally". It feels a bit iffy to me, but maybe I'm being too critical of it. Might be because I'm not used to writing Lutecia post-Shadow arc.
I take it as a positive thing that you now know enough about where you want Lutecia to be post-Shadow arc that you can write anything about her!

Spoiler for Story response turned out kind of long with wiseacre remarks...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I am also posting to let everyone know that I am essentially dead right now. I don't know if I'll be writing anything--much less fanfiction--until the semester is over. I've got a pile of Java code to write that's taller than I am and I'm still working on an essay for English. Plus I have to study for a math test the week after spring break.
I swear, everybody I know who's in school is getting utterly killed by college lately!

Quote:
This summer I'm not going to attend classes due to nothing I need being offered (goddamned budget cuts) and instead I'm going to write a fucking book. An original novel. From start to finish (minus the editing, anyway), that will be my task this summer.

So I'm not sure if any chapters of Altered Course or The Truth will get posted. If any, it will only be the former, since the chapters are short and the story is not terribly complex.
Good luck with that! I hope you're able to get through the complete draft as planned! (If I may ask, what genre of novel, general plotline, or other details can you share?)

...maybe by the time you're done I'll have actually gotten over my procrastination and given you a proper review for the last two chapters of false light...
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 04:13   Link #30384
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I'll respond on your VM, Dezo. It's a bit off-topic for here.

With all the Cherry Coke Lutecia drinks, one does have to wonder if Beamers works for Coca-Cola...
__________________
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 10:15   Link #30385
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
With all the Cherry Coke Lutecia drinks, one does have to wonder if Beamers works for Coca-Cola...
Actually, it was originally a throw-away gag way back in "Never Confessed". Then somehow I just got into the habit of using it as Lutecia's drink of choice.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 11:12   Link #30386
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Actually, it was originally a throw-away gag way back in "Never Confessed". Then somehow I just got into the habit of using it as Lutecia's drink of choice.
Well, you have me convinced that Coca-Cola is a sponsor of NSIS (corporate expansionism gone bad).
__________________
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 17:09   Link #30387
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And here, we have a piece inspired by DezoPenguin's "I Didn't Know You Could Take It Literally". It feels a bit iffy to me, but maybe I'm being too critical of it. Might be because I'm not used to writing Lutecia post-Shadow arc.

In any event:

Spoiler for Growing Pains:


The title is kind of a pun, mostly on the fact that even though Lutecia is starting to get better, she still has a ways to go yet. Poor Cia, she just can't win.
(Sorry for short review , studying for exams and all )

This was definitely interesting, it had a different feel than your previous works (and not just because it was less grim-dark ). It does fit the awkward tone of Lutecia trying to change her ways, so it's quite fitting to the atmosphere of the story.

Is this going to be relatively canon to your future Shadowverse stories, or is this just a separate one-shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
This summer I'm not going to attend classes due to nothing I need being offered (goddamned budget cuts) and instead I'm going to write a fucking book. An original novel. From start to finish (minus the editing, anyway), that will be my task this summer.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I swear, everybody I know who's in school is getting utterly killed by college lately!


Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
Well, you have me convinced that Coca-Cola is a sponsor of NSIS (corporate expansionism gone bad).
I snorted water at this XD. This begs for an omake!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:52   Link #30388
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Is this going to be relatively canon to your future Shadowverse stories, or is this just a separate one-shot?
Relatively canon. I know my reputation around here, and the occasional mention of a Bad End for Shadowverse, but in all honesty I'm far too attached to it to end it badly. It'll probably be hell getting there, but Lutecia and Vivio will definitely get a happy ending.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:59   Link #30389
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Relatively canon. I know my reputation around here, and the occasional mention of a Bad End for Shadowverse, but in all honesty I'm far too attached to it to end it badly. It'll probably be hell getting there, but Lutecia and Vivio will definitely get a happy ending.
Vivio, on the verge of death, to the body of a lifeless Lutecia:"Lu-chan, I will be with you soon...." coughs, spits blood, "t-together, forever..." Triggered a massive bomb near her as the enemy closes in, killing everyone.

~Happy ending, because this way RB won't be able to torture them anymore
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 21:01   Link #30390
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nanoha Used Car Dealership. RERISE!
Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
ew mercy kill :3
__________________
For those that belittle their favorite characters, complain about pairings, complain about oversexed images. Stop, thank you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 11:32   Link #30391
Shigan
Forever a Journey
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Close to the northpole
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
The small mention of Vivio and Lutecia made me squeal like you would not believe.

Beyond that, though, this story left me with warm fuzzies. I'm not usually a big fan of NanoFate family stories, for some reason or another, but this one hit me in the right place and left me with a happy smile.

*adds to favorites*

Also, if you expand on Shamal and Signum's backstory, I will love you forever and ever.
How nice! I love when girls pledge that they will love me forever and ever, for whatever reasons there may be. *beaming smirk of everything rawr* =D

So... *holds up half-done SignumxShamal manuscript together with her draft of a VivioxLutecia shortie* will this together with your everlasting love win me a continuation on your rather fantastic Shadowverse stories? ;-)

Indecent blackmailing apart: RB, deathcurse and MaxwellDemon, thank you for reading =). It was a very pleasant story to write, and trust me when I tell you that reading drunk Fate can only be topped by actually writing it. I don't think I've ever snickered so much while typing before =D. I don't -think- I actually added anything new to the family story concept, just a truckload of my interpretations of how the NanoFate dynamics would evolve with years and life and a little Hayate-induced stupor. I love writing drama/romance without actually having to -write- it, so to speak.

The theme of flying however, is all mine mine mine mine mine ^_^.

Cheers
__________________
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 13:01   Link #30392
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Been awhile, huh?

*looks around*

...

Yeah...

Well, here, I'm posting the rest of "Dusk" quickly.

Also, all of "Shine" is up on FF.Net

Dusk 1-15

Dusk 16

Dusk 17

Dusk 18

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Dusk 19:


Spoiler for Dusk 20:


Spoiler for Dusk 21:


Spoiler for Comments:


Spoiler for Dusk End:
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 14:50   Link #30393
mega1987
GregOS Offline
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Been awhile, huh?

*looks around*

...

Yeah...

Well, here, I'm posting the rest of "Dusk" quickly.

Also, all of "Shine" is up on FF.Net

Dusk 1-15

Dusk 16

Dusk 17

Dusk 18

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Dusk 19:


Spoiler for Dusk 20:


Spoiler for Dusk 21:


Spoiler for Comments:


Spoiler for Dusk End:
It's about time you updated this little critter...

*pulls out Excalibur II and Ultima Weapon while summons out every unique melee weapons floating around myself*

I suggest you flee now coz i need to vent... *got an evil smirk*

and I'm not gonna dump these on ya, I'm gonna hack ya with all of it. not fatally, of course... *evil smile*

and don't tell me and Lutecia will Age progressed into a late teen to a young adult or Turn her into an exact copy of Rider(Medusa) rather being an expy called loli-rider...
__________________
Darwin's nominee are best for laughs.
MGLN "Befriending" shows love thru superior firepower (Zenryokou Zenkai!)
Gundams are your worst nightmare in the battlefield.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 15:12   Link #30394
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Been awhile, huh?

*looks around*

...

Yeah...

Well, here, I'm posting the rest of "Dusk" quickly.

Also, all of "Shine" is up on FF.Net

Dusk 1-15

Dusk 16

Dusk 17

Dusk 18

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Dusk 19:


Spoiler for Dusk 20:


Spoiler for Dusk 21:


Spoiler for Comments:


Spoiler for Dusk End:
Yupie, you`re back.

Nice to see that Zest overcome his sadness over "death" oh his family. Hm, seems that you decide to avoid to kill any "good guy", well we`re have RB and deathcurse for tragedy and tearjerking stuff...

Quattro/Levy plans grow more sininster with any new chapter, but it`s counterbalanced with fluffy and funny stuff from other Numbers.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 15:27   Link #30395
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
So... *holds up half-done SignumxShamal manuscript together with her draft of a VivioxLutecia shortie* will this together with your everlasting love win me a continuation on your rather fantastic Shadowverse stories? ;-)
*stares* Unfortunately, you will have to talk to my muse and my school life. My muse in particular is a picky little lass. She only inspires me when I don't need to do writing and deserts me at all other times unless something catches her fancy.

Though actually, speaking of Shadowverse, I've been debating lately if maybe I should write up and post the inevitable "Vivio turns 18!" fic first, since other than a few small things, the main plot of the story isn't connected to the main Shadow plot. I feel bad leaving it for last when really, it could probably just as well stand on its own like my earlier one-shots did.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 16:10   Link #30396
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brampton
Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Spoiler for More MD:
__________________

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 16:41   Link #30397
Shigan
Forever a Journey
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Close to the northpole
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Though actually, speaking of Shadowverse, I've been debating lately if maybe I should write up and post the inevitable "Vivio turns 18!" fic first, since other than a few small things, the main plot of the story isn't connected to the main Shadow plot. I feel bad leaving it for last when really, it could probably just as well stand on its own like my earlier one-shots did.
O_O Do it do it do it! Come on, those two has been waiting for that crowning moment of legal sex for six years! It deserves its own piece of well-crafted storytelling!
__________________
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 16:58   Link #30398
Shigan
Forever a Journey
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Close to the northpole
When the muse strikes she strikes. Hard. And efficiently.

Here's the first expansion to When I think About Flying, using the same timeline and events. Flying was all about Fate. Here comes Vivio. And Lutecia. And probably a few dashes of everyone else. This -can- be read as a one shot, though I recommend you make a dash through Flying before reading Trials.

This should please the few VivioxLutecia fans I remember from Flying.


The Many Trials of Vivio Takamachi-Harlaown
A Nanoha Story
Written by Shigan

Summary: Vivio's larger-than-life expectations of love backfires along with a mission, suddenly throwing Lutecia Alphine into her unsuspecting path.

The Many Trials of Vivio Takamachi-Harlaown

-.-.-.-

Enjoy!
__________________
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 17:15   Link #30399
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for More MD:
Hopefully now Yuuno will get to learn about the whole mistaken for hostage thing and how the Bureau is all ready for war.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 17:55   Link #30400
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Where you least expect me
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Hopefully now Yuuno will get to learn about the whole mistaken for hostage thing and how the Bureau is all ready for war.
I have an image in my head now.

Yuuno: Yeah, that's what happened to me over the last few months, I'm sorry for all the trouble but really, it's quite unnecassery.

*Crickets chirp*

They don't stop.
__________________
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"
eyes
"When desperate there are two choices: Lock shields for the last stand or draw your sword for the final charge"
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.