AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-07-28, 19:47   Link #33241
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
Well, uh, didn't Nanya put two people who support NanoFate into his story as ridiculous strawman?

That probably didn't help.

(And yes, I say that after doing something similar in my story: just putting it out there)
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:48   Link #33242
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I wasn't around for the whole 300 vs Legion thing and such, so I have to ask... why exactly does every other Nanoha fan out there think ASuki is such a horrid place?
One particular post from nanofate.us stands out to me

Spoiler for quote:
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:51   Link #33243
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
... so they just hate us because we're tolerant of other pairings and intolerant of those who aren't?
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:51   Link #33244
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Um... how can the minority purge the majority in a forum?
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:55   Link #33245
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Um... how can the minority purge the majority in a forum?
Quite easily, apparently, if that majority has negative physical and emotional reactions to the mere mention of something they don't like. People have left AS because I had a Yuunoha signature and refused to change it. It caused them such emotional torment I guess. Well now I have Megs and Shine.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:58   Link #33246
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Quite easily, apparently, if that majority has negative physical and emotional reactions to the mere mention of something they don't like. People have left AS because I had a Yuunoha signature and refused to change it. It caused them such emotional torment I guess. Well now I have Megs and Shine.
Well, at least you're getting more reviews (and turning your fic reviews into a discussion board)
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:58   Link #33247
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I really don't understand why people are so invested in shipping. It's really not important in the long run, or even in the short run.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:59   Link #33248
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Quite easily, apparently, if that majority has negative physical and emotional reactions to the mere mention of something they don't like. People have left AS because I had a Yuunoha signature and refused to change it. It caused them such emotional torment I guess.
The majority needs to toughen the hell up then. It's pathetic.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:00   Link #33249
Kuze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
You know, I really have zero interest in getting into the thick of it, but that's the kind of fandumb that I just can't help but laugh at.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:00   Link #33250
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
The majority needs to toughen the hell up then. It's pathetic.
Radical fans always ruin the franchise for others.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:03   Link #33251
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Radical fans always ruin the franchise for others.
... that wasn't directed at me, was it?
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:03   Link #33252
Kuze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Shipping is the absolute one area I refuse to touch, with my thirty nine and a half foot pole. Not after Avatar the Last Airbender, or Card Captor Sakura.

Yes, I'm a bad one, Mr Grinch.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:06   Link #33253
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Review count is an awful litmus test for reading fics. I've done that a few times and wondered how the hell some of those stories even got a single reviews.
So true. Especially when its a crossover fic and most of the supposed reviews are instead power level discussion and the inevitable "my fave chara is stronger!" bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... so they just hate us because we're tolerant of other pairings and intolerant of those who aren't?
So much for the modern world's "superior" notion of tolerance and understanding. The internet and the anonymity it provides can really shows the darkest parts of a person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I really don't understand why people are so invested in shipping. It's really not important in the long run, or even in the short run.
I'll never understand why people are so insanely concerned with the love lives of fictional characters
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:08   Link #33254
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
You know, I really have zero interest in getting into the thick of it, but that's the kind of fandumb that I just can't help but laugh at.
Well I would laugh harder if they didn't do stuff like report links I post as child porn or ask for me to be hacked and so on. The bark is one thing, but when they tried to bite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I'll never understand why people are so insanely concerned with the love lives of fictional characters
Because they don't have love lives of their own. Since people on all sides like to put themselves into the fantasy, if the fantasy isn't perfect...

Anyways, all this is old hat that's been worn many times before. I suggest moving on...

So anyone have thoughts on Cinque, a dog, and a cookie?
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:11   Link #33255
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
... that wasn't directed at me, was it?
You were radical? O_o
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:13   Link #33256
sniperk
Overgrown Kid
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under a rock...
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... so they just hate us because we're tolerant of other pairings and intolerant of those who aren't?
Actually, I think they see us as a bunch of intolerant bastards who can't see NanoFate as a good coupling. Simple as that.

Admitedly, I think few of us here actually write anymore Nanofate, simply because the couple already has such a saturation of stories out there that it fails to keep us interested. Not that they are a bad couple, as in any couple that there's good writen stories out there, but the saturation simply got us interested in several different couplings over the years.

I mean, I love Nanofate as much as the next person, but is the same way I love Yunnoha, YuunoxFate, ViCia, HayatexYuuno, ErioxLutecia, HayatexFatexNanoha, FatexNanohaxYuuno, just to name a few of the couplings I read stories in this fandom. As several people pointed out to me a few years ago, what makes a good pairing is a good story behind it. Any pairing is nice as long as is present in a good story.

On to the subject of Yuuno bashers, I feel almost as if the guy is ostracized just because most of the time he's paired with Nanoha or Fate. So it can't be because of the character himself, since several people tried to tell me that was the reason, I think that the real reason is because they don't like is Yuuno evily intervened on the sacred NanoFate pairing. Taken from canon, Yuuno is a force to be reckoned as a character, because it has amazing potential for almost any type of story, be it adventure, drama, angst, etc. It's just that few people care to write them.

Raiser's one of the guys I know who write (and is proud of writing them) that stand's up to them. I saw a few fics on FF.net that simply got abandoned because people didn't like that Yuuno was the main char, and, instead of simply saying that, went into lenghts in their reviews to sap and criticize the author for using him.

I'm not a great author, and few of my fics even get anything great going for them, but in the long ones, Yuuno is a central character. In one of my stories, (Mesmerized, I think) I got told off by one reviewer that he shouldn't even bother to write 'something like this' because it invites flames.

If I'm not writing what I want, but writing what people want, then this is no longer a hobby but a job.

Anyway, I just wanted to rant here to give my support to Raiser, since he's the guy who get told off the most just because his pairing fics are what generally get this type of review but he continues on. Kudos.

Edit: Gark. Ninja'ed.
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:13   Link #33257
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pennsylvania. It's sort of like a real state.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
... well, to be fair, I'm also losing interest in Nanoha, but that has less to do with [SARCASM MODE ON]Anti-NanoFate Monsters that populate this DEN OF EVIL[/END SARCASM] , and more to do with the fact that the franchise has degenerated to the point that the fanfiction is usually better than the canon.
__________________
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:15   Link #33258
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
You were radical? O_o
No. I was worried you thought I was.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:16   Link #33259
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
... well, to be fair, I'm also losing interest in Nanoha, but that has less to do with [SARCASM MODE ON]Anti-NanoFate Monsters that populate this DEN OF EVIL[/END SARCASM] , and more to do with the fact that the franchise has degenerated to the point that the fanfiction is usually better than the canon.
Well, isn't that basically how Touhou is reflected, the fans shape the universe?
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:16   Link #33260
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
So true. Especially when its a crossover fic and most of the supposed reviews are instead power level discussion and the inevitable "my fave chara is stronger!" bashing
I must admit that i'm probably a twisted version of that kind XD.
__________________
May 29 2010-2014

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.