AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-16, 01:58   Link #37981
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
I disagree: having he whole misunderstanding of the TSAB and the Materials going too far with the only person who can be a bridge as negotiator being transported off-planet and sedated. And then we have the remains of a mild mind control spell to be detected (just think on the Aces' reaction) and even when the Materials want to redeem themselves they have their devices who control them and make them forget.

At this point it isn't fun anymore, and it doesn't look it's going to get better soon.

(Note: I want this story to continue to get again to fun and funny parts)
Ah sorry, I just woke up and didn't put together you were talking about Material Days [slaps his face] Sorry
Yes that kind of situation is not good for Materials...

Last edited by Andarkoshi; 2013-04-16 at 02:09.
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 04:11   Link #37982
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Well at least... You know what... Stern should explain.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 04:30   Link #37983
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Well at least... You know what... Stern should explain.
Yeah "If you want a simple explanation, ask Stern"
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 05:15   Link #37984
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Except Stern Seikou honored Yuuno's request by asking once already and honestly she doesn't want to talk anymore.
Filraen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 05:19   Link #37985
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Then, could we expect something like this:

Genya: My little baby daughter were kidnapped! I must save her!!

Charge into spaciouc warehouse where stood many different futuristic-looking tanks.

Genya: Let's go my friend, Maximillian! *Pat one of tanks foundly with blaze in his eyes*
*sometime after that incident is resolved*


Subaru: Dad, I know you're very upset about having your tank stolen, but...

Genya: But nothing! When one of my babies was kidnapped, I rode another baby into battle to save her! Now it's time for you to return the favor! Roll out!

*Subaru glumly speeds down the road, with her father sitting on her shoulders, arms crossed in Absolute Seriousness*

Genya: I'm coming, Maximillian!
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 05:37   Link #37986
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
*sometime after that incident is resolved*


Subaru: Dad, I know you're very upset about having your tank stolen, but...

Genya: But nothing! When one of my babies was kidnapped, I rode another baby into battle to save her! Now it's time for you to return the favor! Roll out!

*Subaru glumly speeds down the road, with her father sitting on her shoulders, arms crossed in Absolute Seriousness*

Genya: I'm coming, Maximillian!
Give him a big rifle or a rocket launcher, he'll serve as Subaru's shoulder cannon XD
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 05:42   Link #37987
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Has anyone ever tried to do a fanfic attempting to explore the briefly shown incident where Nanoha almost died and spent a long time recovering, when she was 12?

It could be a fic that starts off light hearted for the first few chapters, revolving around the adventures of Rein Zwei in her first months of existence. Then, the PoV is gradually switched to Nanoha, as the events building up to the ill-fated mission unfold, as well as signs of Nanoha over-pushing herself.

The fic goes moderately serious, but not too dark. And, after a few chapters where Nanoha's PoV almost completely dominates the narrative, the incident occurs, and Nanoha's POV chapters end with her getting skewed by that drone.

After that, during Nanoha's rehablitation phase, the PoV focus switches to Fate Testarossa, and to a lesser extent, Hayate Yagami. The fic covers the entire of Nanoha's recovery period and focuses on the fallout, until Nanoha reaches the point where she could have a real training duel with Fate Testarossa again. As Nanoha get's better, the PoV shifts back to her, and how the incident shaped her Striker S self. The fic will end where it begins - on the same light-hearted tone of the first few chapters, but with a Nanoha clearly closer to her Striker S self than her A's characterization.

Except for a few cross-overs, I have not seen a pure fic set in the Nanoha-verse attempting to flash out what had to be at least three or four season worth of material between A's and Striker S.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 05:55   Link #37988
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Has anyone ever tried to do a fanfic attempting to explore the briefly shown incident where Nanoha almost died and spent a long time recovering, when she was 12?

It could be a fic that starts off light hearted for the first few chapters, revolving around the adventures of Rein Zwei in her first months of existence. Then, the PoV is gradually switched to Nanoha, as the events building up to the ill-fated mission unfold, as well as signs of Nanoha over-pushing herself.

The fic goes moderately serious, but not too dark. And, after a few chapters where Nanoha's PoV almost completely dominates the narrative, the incident occurs, and Nanoha's POV chapters end with her getting skewed by that drone.

After that, during Nanoha's rehablitation phase, the PoV focus switches to Fate Testarossa, and to a lesser extent, Hayate Yagami. The fic covers the entire of Nanoha's recovery period and focuses on the fallout, until Nanoha reaches the point where she could have a real training duel with Fate Testarossa again. As Nanoha get's better, the PoV shifts back to her, and how the incident shaped her Striker S self. The fic will end where it begins - on the same light-hearted tone of the first few chapters, but with a Nanoha clearly closer to her Striker S self than her A's characterization.

Except for a few cross-overs, I have not seen a pure fic set in the Nanoha-verse attempting to flash out what had to be at least three or four season worth of material between A's and Striker S.

Well it's more part of my own continuity than canon but it kinda shows the incident and Vita's initial reaction to it.

I'm planning to expand that part of my story, though with certain modifications because Nanoha and Vita have a... strained relationship because of what happened during A's

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...80#post4623880
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 06:57   Link #37989
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi View Post
Well it's more part of my own continuity than canon but it kinda shows the incident and Vita's initial reaction to it.

I'm planning to expand that part of my story, though with certain modifications because Nanoha and Vita have a... strained relationship because of what happened during A's

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...80#post4623880
You might want to cover what happens before the incident too...
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:00   Link #37990
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
You might want to cover what happens before the incident too...
Well as I said it will be part of the continuity so I'll have the whole story there.

Also this incident was what set Nanoha on the course of becoming an Instructor. After she recovered from her injuries and began rehabilitation she was asked if she could give some lectures on combat.

While the students were initially surprised (a small girl in a wheelchair giving lectures) they quickly started to respect her and she began to like teaching others.
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:21   Link #37991
vic-vic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: forge-world Moscow 1
Interesting, how Stern reacted to Nanoha injury, after being adopted by Takamachi family?

Judging by her strong bomding with her sisters I can imagine her plowing through Gadget drome armada lika a nuclear powered bulldozer in serach of mastermind behind the attack.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:31   Link #37992
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Interesting, how Stern reacted to Nanoha injury, after being adopted by Takamachi family?

Judging by her strong bomding with her sisters I can imagine her plowing through Gadget drome armada lika a nuclear powered bulldozer in serach of mastermind behind the attack.
That... remains to be seen...
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 18:04   Link #37993
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi View Post
Mhm I wonder about the bit of not working for TSAB unless Hayate did. The way I understood it was that they'd happily work for TSAB (as long as Hayate's safety was ensured) to atone for all the things they have done in the past.
But that would divide their loyalties.

If they're taking orders directly from the TSAB, they can be assigned to places away from Hayate, sent on missions other than the ones on which Hayate is sent.

There would be situations in which a Wolkenritter is not guarding their Master. Which is unacceptable.

Letti very specifically stepped in as their sponsor to ensure that the band wouldn't get broken up, and I have to wonder if she was part of Hayate's legal counsel.

That is, Letti might have suggested -- and helped to make succeed -- the plan to have Hayate take primary responsiblity for the Wolkenritter's actions and recieve the lion's share of the punishment.

This doesn't necessarily require making the case that the Wolkenritter can't be considered independent people. It could make the case that the Wolkenritter are NOT YET READY to function as independent people. They hail from a fuedal culture and have spent an inhumanly long time as slaves to the Book and its Masters, so it will be quite some time before they can be rehabilitated into proper TSAB citizens.

Therefore, they cannot be treated as modern criminals are; a solution must be tailor-made to such a unique case as theirs.

The TSAB must accept that the Wolkenritter won't react well if forced to divide their loyalties, and that the TSAB must therefore be content to control the Wolkenritter through their Master.

In turn, this means that Hayate effectively becomes a hostage. Not in the sense of incarceration, but in the sense that she MUST have a sponsor, she will be watched, her freedoms will be (theoretically if not effectively) restricted, and she'll be right beside the Wolkenritter in recieving a Limiter to her Linker Core and Devices, which the TSAB can use at any time to shut her down. The TSAB will hold her especially responsible and accountable for the Wolkenritters' rehabilitation and their future actions.

But in return, the TSAB will trust Hayate enough to let her to keep and command all of the Wolkenritter, and even to continue living on Earth as a family while she finishes Japan's mandatory public schooling.

The Wolkenritter won't be happy about the hostage situation, of course, but it's not a perfect world. It's the least terrible solution, and if they don't like it, the only feasible solution is to prove as quickly as possible that the TSAB doesn't need to fear them and therefore doesn't need to hold Hayate hostage against their good behavior.

And ironically, one of the surest ways of showing that would be to move away from their sole loyalty to Hayate by joining the TSAB as independents, answering to a chain of command that doesn't include their Master. Which is something they can eventually bring themselves to do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
I disagree: having he whole misunderstanding of the TSAB and the Materials going too far with the only person who can be a bridge as negotiator being transported off-planet and sedated. And then we have the remains of a mild mind control spell to be detected (just think on the Aces' reaction) and even when the Materials want to redeem themselves they have their devices who control them and make them forget.

At this point it isn't fun anymore, and it doesn't look it's going to get better soon.

(Note: I want this story to continue to get again to fun and funny parts)
But was it really always a comedy? Or a drama with comedic moments?

If it's a comedy, the author let the story get too serious. If it's a drama, then the scene in which the Materials declare war on the TSAB -- and the scenes in which the situation gets riled up further -- are probably too comedic.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 02:07   Link #37994
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
But that would divide their loyalties.
I agree however there is one little fact you must include. Wolkenritter don't really have any say in all of this. For all intents and purposes they ARE convicted criminals and the best thing they can hope for is the leniency of the court.

Obviously considering the circumstances Hayate and her knights would not be treated Too harshly but the fact remains that they are at TSAB's mercy.

From what I remember there was one line by Hayate or maybe one of the knights which went somewhat like this "Fortunately they let us stay together". I interpret it more or less that they were all prepared for the punishment and accepted it (maybe except Vita who was the closest to Hayate) but TSAB was merciful and allowed them to stay.

While Wolkies treat Hayate as their priority they also accept the fact that they are pretty much war criminals and they don't have much say regarding their situation.

Essentially, they might have been ready to serve their time in jail actually. I may be exaggerating but that's the way I see it.

Also regarding the "Legal Guardian" I think it's some kind of legal standard in TSAB. Pretty much any redeemable criminal is given a representative from TSAB like Lindy for Fate or Letti for Wolkenritter. It's probably like ours "You have the right to an attorney". Ginga Might be considered one for the Numbers actually since she was responsible for their reeducation.
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 02:49   Link #37995
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Smokin that CO bong
Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Skype™ to speedyexpress48
An old idea I had lying in a word document for a while (a version of La Femme Nikita with Nanoha as the main character and with the TSAB as a US-Gov operation gone rogue.)

Not exactly my best work, but I really do wonder if I should continue with this or just dump it...
Spoiler for long:
__________________

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader

Last edited by speedyexpress48; 2013-04-17 at 04:03.
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 03:18   Link #37996
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
An old idea I had lying in a word document for a while (a version of La Femme Nikita with Nanoha as the main character and with the TSAB as a US-Gov operation gone rogue.)

Not exactly my best work, but I really do wonder if I should continue with this or just dump it...
Is it wrong that I see Jail sitting on a sofa, grinning with his hands in Gendo Position with Cinque and Nove in Badass Suits and Cool Shades standing to his sides as bodyguards?

"Why of course Takamachi-san, I can offer you the information you need but it Will cost you"

Edit. On second thought make that Tre and Sette, they are far more impressive.
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 10:36   Link #37997
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Under a pebble
Age: 22
I was away from this thread for a few days only to see it good and alive again upon my return. Just what kind of sorcery? Does any Nasuvian sorcerer got a say to this?
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:18   Link #37998
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coin View Post
I was away from this thread for a few days only to see it good and alive again upon my return. Just what kind of sorcery? Does any Nasuvian sorcerer got a say to this?
I deny any responsibility,. I may have come from Nasu oriented forum but I'm just a humble Eldritch Abomination looking for home and people to mind rape.
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:04   Link #37999
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
I promised to wait until I have the whole chapter done but... it got big... really big...

So for now just a little piece.

Spoiler for Cuddle Buddies:
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 15:16   Link #38000
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi: Cuddle Buddies View Post
“Yeah, me and Stern and Dearche got adopted by three families back on Earth. Stern is a Takamachi, I’m a Testarossa and King is a Yagami but you wouldn’t catch her dead calling herself that Hehe. Well it’s mostly symbolic though because we rarely spend time with them.”
Erm..

*tries to find words*

Hmm..

*feels awkward*

...

I... know the Material wouldn't make a fuss over it but why give Levi the Testarossa last name? Shouldn't Harlaown be a better choice?
Filraen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.