AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-09, 16:11   Link #38381
Astral Corruption
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for MD?!:
It's a miracle! Material Days got updated! Also I liked learning Yami's reasons for wanting to rule the universe.
Astral Corruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 01:25   Link #38382
Chanthien
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Hm, so I have another question I would like to ask you guys regarding Vivid. I didn't really follow the series past the first few chapters, but I still remembered how it portrayed Nanoha as essentially having nothing to do with her job at the TSAB, while only staying at home and care for Vivio. Is this a wrong impression to have? If so, what is the true interpretaion? If not, then are there any explanations for this?
Chanthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 08:34   Link #38383
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
During ViVid Nanoha is on a medical leave, as the events of StrikerS were a heavy toll on her linker core. She still trains recruits but isn't allowed to exhert herself magically.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:08   Link #38384
Chanthien
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanks for the information, then.
Chanthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 19:19   Link #38385
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pennsylvania. It's sort of like a real state.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
New Infinity is live here. Truthfully, this is another one I'm not really sure about... reviews have been fairly split so far, with half the reviewers calling it the greatest thing ever, and the other half saying I've gone so far into Villain Sue territory that there is no hope of salvaging the story. To which I can mainly just say... well, both sides kinda have valid points and I'm the first to admit that I may have gone overboard with the villainous power levels here.

On the other hand... well, it is the climax. Perhaps not the absolute ending of the story, though that is (FINALLY) coming up rather soon. But this sequence is the emotional climax of the story, the finale of Susa and Tsuku's character arcs alongside Nanoha and Fate. The 'action' finale comes later, but the 'dramatic' finale is unfolding right now, and I had to make it big. Did I make it too big? I leave that up to each reader to decide for him or herself. All I can do is hope it's enjoyed, and keep plugging along.

Slowly.

Sooooo... slowly.

Must work on that.
__________________
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 21:44   Link #38386
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 28
...I'm not gonna lie, this arc is getting stale. Maybe I'll post a more elaborate review on the chapter later.
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 19:48   Link #38387
Justin_Brett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada, Sault Ste. Marie
I'm more interested in those new guardians that have been getting mentioned.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 20:34   Link #38388
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pennsylvania. It's sort of like a real state.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Hey, all! For the first time in a long time, I have started a new Nanoha Story. Sort of a palette cleanser between big ones, along with being a present I rather owe a friend. Hopefully it's fun for everyone. As a warning, it uses one character from Infinity, but only one. It is not canon to that story and by no means do you need to read it to understand what's going on.

To give you some hint as to the nature of the work, the title is 'Fate T. Harlaown and the Case of the Murderous Murder'.

Yeah.

The first chapter can be found here. Enjoy!
__________________
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 19:31   Link #38389
Nagumo
Random Translator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Brunswick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
New Infinity is live here. Truthfully, this is another one I'm not really sure about... reviews have been fairly split so far, with half the reviewers calling it the greatest thing ever, and the other half saying I've gone so far into Villain Sue territory that there is no hope of salvaging the story. To which I can mainly just say... well, both sides kinda have valid points and I'm the first to admit that I may have gone overboard with the villainous power levels here.

On the other hand... well, it is the climax. Perhaps not the absolute ending of the story, though that is (FINALLY) coming up rather soon. But this sequence is the emotional climax of the story, the finale of Susa and Tsuku's character arcs alongside Nanoha and Fate. The 'action' finale comes later, but the 'dramatic' finale is unfolding right now, and I had to make it big. Did I make it too big? I leave that up to each reader to decide for him or herself. All I can do is hope it's enjoyed, and keep plugging along.

Slowly.

Sooooo... slowly.

Must work on that.
I just finished reading your newest chapter. I have to admit, this was sort of blah chapter as we have great fight scenes but not much else. I am in the camp where people think the enemies are getting way too powerful and it's difficult to see how it's going to end in the favor of our heroes.
__________________
I do not like Kansai-ben, but I do like Hayate-chan!
Also, Canadian here, not actually Japanese.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 19:45   Link #38390
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 28
Scaglietti.
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 09:36   Link #38391
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pennsylvania. It's sort of like a real state.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
I just finished reading your newest chapter. I have to admit, this was sort of blah chapter as we have great fight scenes but not much else. I am in the camp where people think the enemies are getting way too powerful and it's difficult to see how it's going to end in the favor of our heroes.
Sigh. Nobody believes in me. I have been planning this out for awhile, y'know? I admit some missteps have been made here and there, but I do wish people would stop assuming I have hit an inescapable corner when I have a fairly good reputation for getting out of such corners satisfyingly. Perils of a slow update schedule, I guess.
__________________
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 18:54   Link #38392
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pekanbaru (UTC+07:00)
Age: 28
Eh, it's not the planning, but the execution.

The first time overpowered airhead went "Waaagh, for muh family!" was fine. The second time, still okay. Having it shoved in your face for the umpteenth time...meh. I'm sure the latest chapter has great action, but I wouldn't know because I found myself barely skimming it just to see if this is finally over and I can get emotionally invested again.

(Man, I keep not having enough spare time to write a proper review)
__________________
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:42   Link #38393
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pennsylvania. It's sort of like a real state.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Eh, it's not the planning, but the execution.

The first time overpowered airhead went "Waaagh, for muh family!" was fine. The second time, still okay. Having it shoved in your face for the umpteenth time...meh. I'm sure the latest chapter has great action, but I wouldn't know because I found myself barely skimming it just to see if this is finally over and I can get emotionally invested again.

(Man, I keep not having enough spare time to write a proper review)
I get what you mean about the arc fatigue... honestly, the whole story has run on too long, I am keenly aware of that, which is why I'm trying to streamline things and just get the damn thing over with. But there was really not much in the way of other options for ending the arc currently running. It was always gonna end with this showdown; I've been playing up Susanoo v. Fate and Tsukuyomi v. Nanoha since literally the first chapter. In order for the larger plot of the story to end, the character subplot of that rivalry has to be hammered out. And since all involved believe very strongly in their cause and are on opposite sides of the battle lines, this hammering out had to be done with a literal hammer, in true Nanoha fashion.

(Eh, I've read your review here, so it's not like I don't know your thoughts on the subject. And you did just admit you're barely skimming anyway, so it doesn't seem like taking time out to review a second time is worth the effort.)
__________________
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 22:41   Link #38394
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pennsylvania. It's sort of like a real state.
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Well, I'm not sure if anyone here read the first one, but Part the Second of Fate T. Harlaown and the Case of the Murderous Murder is now live. It is actually proving surprisingly fun... trying to make a story that is both a passable mystery and funny appeals deeply to the Ace Attorney fan in me, and reception has been positive thus far. Hope you enjoy!
__________________
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 20:34   Link #38395
Gx Hero
Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Um I was reading Nanya's and radiant beams a day in the life and caught site of a pairing that might be of interest. Erio X cinque.

I mean it would add something different if nothing else. But I have no story idea to go with the pairing. most likely I will just add it to the I will write ventaly list.

Sorry if this seems random, new to posting.
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 18:41   Link #38396
Gx Hero
Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Canon implies Genki Lutecia was the real Lutecia all along. The stoic Lutecia from StrikerS was the facade she made to cope with the loss of her mother. Years of healthy cohabitation with Megane and her beloved summons in a nice habitat helped her to go out from her carcass and become the happy young girl she should be from the beginning xD

Go, Lulu xD!
Yes yea. However I noticed that Lutecia seems to be able to build devices. How about a fic that Lutecia upgrades Nanoha's device, or Vivio's and puts Marial to shame, like every one starts going to her or somethng while mariel is like why , oh why.
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 18:44   Link #38397
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
Um I was reading Nanya's and radiant beams a day in the life and caught site of a pairing that might be of interest. Erio X cinque.

I mean it would add something different if nothing else. But I have no story idea to go with the pairing. most likely I will just add it to the I will write ventaly list.

Sorry if this seems random, new to posting.
Cinque kidnaps Erio instead of Ginga. And he got molested by 12 cyborgs.
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 07:55   Link #38398
Gx Hero
Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
sick , but there is more that could be done. Remeber in the 4 koma of the strker manga Jail has an intrest in him and Lutecia and Caro could burst in to save him or something
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 13:31   Link #38399
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
sick , but there is more that could be done. Remeber in the 4 koma of the strker manga Jail has an intrest in him and Lutecia and Caro could burst in to save him or something
Yeah I think Jail said something about a pretty boy's land....

As for Lutecia, she keeps on messing with Caro.
Lutecia: Thank you for lending me Erio. <3
Caro: No I didn't. -_-
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 17:22   Link #38400
Gx Hero
Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
more like Cinque takes erio because she likes him then lutecia finds out and gets Caro to help then at the end says thanks for your help and leaves while the rest are taking care of scaglati.

Plus should Scaglati decide to interfere, there are two very big summons that can be called to step on him.

Nanoha: "What happened to Scaglati"

Caro: "He Kidnapped Erio... He wanted to molest Erio."

Nanoha: "What..."

Caro: "That's why Lutecia and I teamed up. We summoned everything and laid him to waste. Unfortunately Volatre sat on Jail after losing balance. Any way we have... Where is Erio."

A screen pops up.

Lutecia: Sorry but I have plans for my future Husband I am Grateful for your help."

Screen closes.

Caro: Volatire After them NOWWW!!!"
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.