AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 16:39   Link #521
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, that's pretty much the reason why I don't want to include Fate. I mean, where is the fun in writing a Dating Sim story if we already know the outcome? By removing Fate from the equotation, we get to see what the general opinion in this read is whom Nanoha should be paired with if Fate wasn't there.

And remember, I will write anything. Hetero, yuri, yaoi, loli, no moral compas for me to hold me back.

As for an AU work... that does seem the most likely case scenario, although I also have the opening of Fate returning to Enforcer duty after StrikerS, which means I can use her duties as an excuse for prolonged absence (long-term undercover mission, for example). But an AU high-school setting would have the oportunity of allowing Nanoha to know nobody.

Tell you what, that'll be the first vote. I have scenarios in mind for both ideas, so which will it be? Post StrikerS? Or High-School AU?
high school AU, it offers the most time slots available for characters.

Also, you don't have to avoid Fate at all like that? Why not make her Nanoha's best loving friend, just like the anime? Just say "Fate isn't a choice" and go with it. I love the blonde too much to see her not there T_T

edit: oh snap, I'm good.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 16:56   Link #522
Riika
Senior Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Also, you don't have to avoid Fate at all like that? Why not make her Nanoha's best loving friend, just like the anime? Just say "Fate isn't a choice" and go with it. I love the blonde too much to see her not there T_T
So....Satashi likes blonds/blondes huh? .....

Quote:
I'm guessing this refers to the page-claiming joke-thingy?

As for the challenge, sorry. No can do. I have horrible skills in writing and I don't feel as if I'd be able to actually take said challenge *shrugs*
Riika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 17:02   Link #523
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
high school AU, it offers the most time slots available for characters.

*scratches head* I... guess I could do that. But I'm not sure if it would be smart, I can imagine the frustration boiling in the NxF fans to have Fate in the same room as Nanoha and not have a choice to put them together. It's like dangling a cookie in front of them and saying 'you know its there, but you can't have it'
Old 2008-01-23, 17:05   Link #524
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
*scratches head* I... guess I could do that. But I'm not sure if it would be smart, I can imagine the frustration boiling in the NxF fans to have Fate in the same room as Nanoha and not have a choice to put them together. It's like dangling a cookie in front of them and saying 'you know its there, but you can't have it'
take Nanoha with Vita and it will be fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riika View Post
As for the challenge, sorry. No can do. I have horrible skills in writing and I don't feel as if I'd be able to actually take said challenge *shrugs*
same to me, I'm too bad in english to make an appropriate story
bad luck for me*sigh*

Last edited by Gillian; 2008-01-23 at 17:36.
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 17:08   Link #525
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
...no one said fate has to be in it, as i like the simple solutions i'd opt to just kill her off, that way you wouldn't have to worry about anything except the general flames that would be sent at your direction for not having fate in your fic
Not to mention that even the NxF fans would have to agree that it would be plausible for nanoha to end up with someone else than fate in a situation like that
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
SpaceBrotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 17:12   Link #526
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
...no one said fate has to be in it, as i like the simple solutions i'd opt to just kill her off, that way you wouldn't have to worry about anything except the general flames that would be sent at your direction for not having fate in your fic
Not to mention that even the NxF fans would have to agree that it would be plausible for nanoha to end up with someone else than fate in a situation like that
lol
that's a aggressive solution^^

and maybe she'll suffer a mental breakdown from that and that would be sad
Old 2008-01-23, 17:15   Link #527
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
lol
that's a aggressive solution^^

and maybe she'll suffer a mental breakdown from that and that would be sad
who said that they had to know each other, just enlarge whatever event you had to kill off alicia in the first place to kill off the entire testarossa family...

...and stop staring at me like that people, it IS a definite solution, even though i'm sure that there are better ones out there, i'm too tired to think them up...
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Old 2008-01-23, 17:19   Link #528
Gillian
sitting on NxF bench

I think its a drastic and sad solution, but hey, its your solution

so I'm looking forward what you plan to do, without a Fate in the Fic
Old 2008-01-23, 17:31   Link #529
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
I thought about that, having Nanoha move to the new place to forget losing her closest friend, but it would make the mood too dark for my tastes, I want it to be more... happy. The drama can begin after you start unlocking character backgrounds..
Old 2008-01-23, 17:41   Link #530
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
I think its a drastic and sad solution, but hey, its your solution

so I'm looking forward what you plan to do, without a Fate in the Fic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
I thought about that, having Nanoha move to the new place to forget losing her closest friend, but it would make the mood too dark for my tastes, I want it to be more... happy. The drama can begin after you start unlocking character backgrounds..
Argh... so i ended up thinking another solution after all...
...how about during summer vacation? have fate go on a family trip abroad for a month or two...
...that should give more than enough time for any relationships to get a headstart without any problematic fate interference.

Another idea would be to just platandly tell NxF fans to steer clear if they don't want to see Nxsomeone else... but being impolite never solved anything.

Well, if you want to take a jump into the unknown, just expand the NxF to NxFxsomeone else...
...then again, going down the pervert route usually brings up more troubles than solutions...

You could always trip Fate to someone else (a certain OC comes into mind) before getting on to the Nanoha relationship, so the audience don't get the feeling that Fate has somehow gotten the short end of the stick. That should mellow down the flames.
Old 2008-01-23, 17:46   Link #531
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I think a AU high school setting would be best and sadly just have Fate not be present in it... No need to tease some of the more rabid NxFers with their cookie.

I vote high school since it is a more plausible reason for Fate to not be there. Even if you do post StrikerS Fate is still "there" and you may have the rabid NxFers choose for Nanoha to do nothing so she won't be you know cheating on Fate-chan. Or something.
Old 2008-01-23, 17:54   Link #532
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

I still say put her there if you want to. It's your story so if you want Fate there, put her there. State clearly she's not an option and if people don't want to read it, then they won't read it. Besides, once things start heating up, Nanoha will need a NEUTRAL party to talk to about things, right?

Your call, but don't change things just because you're worried about hardcore N/F shippers. It takes people who do original things to spark interest in the same dull stuff.

besides, what's the fun in a wild animal if you don't poke it with a stick?
Old 2008-01-23, 17:57   Link #533
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
I still say put her there if you want to. It's your story so if you want Fate there, put her there. State clearly she's not an option and if people don't want to read it, then they won't read it. Besides, once things start heating up, Nanoha will need a NEUTRAL party to talk to about things, right?

Your call, but don't change things just because you're worried about hardcore N/F shippers. It takes people who do original things to spark interest in the same dull stuff.

Indeed, though i think there's more fun in a befriended wild animal than a rabid one... but it's his fic, so he should write it the way he want's, even if some of the readers are big NxF fans.
Old 2008-01-23, 19:03   Link #534
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

To all those who requested the lemon via PM

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to take back my offer. After hearing two people reply to me about it I just... well, I don't like it. It's not my normal style, I didn't really agree with some of the things happening ( Nanoha was requested to be a little focefull, which I really disagree with) and in general I don't really care for this one to be attached to my name.

So sorry I go your hopes up for a good well written Lemon. Give me time and I will produce a kind, loving, gentle one for everyone to enjoy.
Old 2008-01-23, 19:19   Link #535
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
LOL Something off topic, I was actually reading your little lemon while I was in Japanese class XD
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 19:28   Link #536
Gilraen Isilra
Quod.me.nutrit.meDestruit

Talking

Quote:
Challenge to everyone here.

If you are a fanfic writer, I challenge to you do a 500 word minimal, 1,000 word maximal fanfic about anthing. Examples:

(character) x (character)'s first kiss
(character) x (character) asking on a date
(character) x (character) in any moment (romantic, normal, or agruing. anything)

If you are not a fanfic writer, then challenge is 250 word minimal, 500 word maximal story on anything at all as well.

If you do said challenge, then I will do a request from you as well about anything. Lemon, romance, action, argument, kissing, feeling, petting, loving, anything.

Why? I'd like to see more interaction here and I don't have time to do daily 3,000 word lyrical days right now lol.
I accept your challenge:

Spoiler for Challenge:
Old 2008-01-23, 19:41   Link #537
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilraen Isilra View Post
I accept your challenge:

Spoiler for Challenge:
*claps* very very nice ^_^ thanks for sharing!

That beautiful little piece deserves my promise to be kept. Would you like anything written as a counter-challenge?
Old 2008-01-23, 19:49   Link #538
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

How long is this challenge going on Satashi-sama? *Is having one of her notoriously lazy moments*
Old 2008-01-23, 19:50   Link #539
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
... You haven't poked the Legion much, have you?

Anyway, I'll probably go for the 'Fate with a boyfriend' line, that way the cookie is in a jar on the top shelf, its still there, but no longer dangling on front of their face. It'll also allow me to call up on your hint of giving Nanoha someone to talk to, which is even better if that someone has actual experience.
Old 2008-01-23, 19:51   Link #540
Gilraen Isilra
Quod.me.nutrit.meDestruit

Well I don't think I can come up with something for a counter challenge right now... Thanks for the comment on it =P I did it on the spurr of the moment because I like challenges lol and writing is not my forte so I'm more than happy that you appreciated it. Nee, Satashi?

Edit: May I be so bold as to ask if you have a little tiny date for your next updates? I simply adore your fics =)

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha