AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-18, 13:36   Link #17241
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Ugh...

I lost a whole section of what I wrote for Amber Dreams.

I'm skipping past that part and still writing, I should hopefully have it done soon so I can go back and re-write some parts... After that, its off to be reviewed by Dezo (love you), and beta read by... *sighs* Angel isn't available now due to her rotation. I'll try and bribe Dezo with home made fudge if he'll beta read it as well :3
Ouch. What made you lose the section?
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 13:46   Link #17242
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Ouch. What made you lose the section?
Bad moves on my part. I write a lot in PMs to myself and I used to not have a good way of labeling them (I do now though) so I accidentally deleted a part.

thankfully Haru sent it to me, so I only need to re-work it a bit to make it fit completely.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 13:55   Link #17243
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In my imagination...
Imaging my surprise when I found out Nanoha was a spin-off from Triangle Hearts. I like the series but I wish it was longer...oh well...

@Satashi: Be careful Satashi... :3

Part five of six (5/6) from Animal Instincts: Ch. 1

Previous:

Animal Instincts: Preface

Animal Instincts: (1/6) Chapter 1: The Girl from the City

Animal Instincts: (2/6) Chapter 1: The Girl from the City

Animal Instincts: (3/6) Chapter 1: The Girl from the City

Animal Instincts: (4/6) Chapter 1: The Girl from the City


Spoiler for Part 5 of 6 from Animal Instincts: Chapter 1:


Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Last edited by Alavon; 2009-10-18 at 16:26.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 14:51   Link #17244
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a cave
Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Bad moves on my part. I write a lot in PMs to myself and I used to not have a good way of labeling them (I do now though) so I accidentally deleted a part.

thankfully Haru sent it to me, so I only need to re-work it a bit to make it fit completely.
Ah I know that pain. It's like when I lost an entire edited route of Aoi Shiro because Open Office hates me... TT-TT god that took so long *trembles in the corner*
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 15:02   Link #17245
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
At least you guys only lost part of your stories through accidents. I ended up getting a virus on my computer, and my brother did a system recovery on it without creating a back-up. I lost years worth of original fiction, as well as all of my fanfiction material, which halted the continuation of my Diablo and Evangelion fanfics permanently.

I'm kinda hoping I can start writing again, starting with Nanoha, once I'm out of college. T___T
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 15:06   Link #17246
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Lesson I learned years back and still practice: When working with computers, always do backups each time you work with whatever you're doing, but on multiple drives or places. That spared me a few headaches.
__________________

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 15:09   Link #17247
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
The lesson I learned is to not go to my brother when I need help doing something on the computer. >____>
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 15:15   Link #17248
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
I lost my entire computer a while back due to a faulty raid setting when my motherboard blew T_T That halted 6th Division and several other side fics I was messing with.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 16:13   Link #17249
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In my imagination...
*dances joyfully around*

I finally finished chapter 1 for 'Animal Instincts'! XD Since the chapter is too long to post all the parts together, I have to do another post.

This post though only has part (6/6)...

Spoiler for Part 6 of 6 from Animal Instincts: Chapter 1:
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 16:29   Link #17250
Rika23onROOF
meow~ give me cookies~
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: cat cage, meow~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
I lost my entire computer a while back due to a faulty raid setting when my motherboard blew T_T That halted 6th Division and several other side fics I was messing with.
O-ouch, t-that means no AlternativeS for a while...(T//////T)
T-that's okay, I'm sure you can fix it Satashi-sempai.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
*dances joyfully around*

I finally finished chapter 1 for 'Animal Instincts'! XD Since the chapter is too long to post all the parts together, I have to do another post.

This post though only has part (6/6)...

Spoiler for Part 6 of 6 from Animal Instincts: Chapter 1:

O-oh! w-what happen after that!? (0/////0)
D'don't stop there! write more please! I love it!
(^///////^)
Rika23onROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 16:32   Link #17251
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In my imagination...
Here is the completed 1st chapter of Animal Instincts. For those who didn't want to read it in pieces, here it is. And to those who didn't want to read them at all, here it is anyway. If you missed the Preface, the link is below. Enjoy.

@Rika: Thank you! :3

Animal Instincts: Preface

Spoiler for Animal Instincts-Chapter 1: The Girl from the City:


Spoiler for Author's Notes:


Spoiler for Animal Instincts Image by me...:

Last edited by Alavon; 2009-10-21 at 15:44.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 16:48   Link #17252
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Plus, you know, if by some chance you follow my story "Bless the Broken Road" it's kind of helpful to know about some small facts of Triangle Hearts since the whole story was inspired by the OVA and actually has characters from said OVA involved along with the main Nanoha cast.
That's actually how I got to see it, because of wanting to know more about what was going on in BtBR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Ugh...

I lost a whole section of what I wrote for Amber Dreams.

I'm skipping past that part and still writing, I should hopefully have it done soon so I can go back and re-write some parts... After that, its off to be reviewed by Dezo (love you), and beta read by... *sighs* Angel isn't available now due to her rotation. I'll try and bribe Dezo with home made fudge if he'll beta read it as well :3
Hey, I'm a lawyer. Of course I can be bought! Seriously, yeah, I'll be glad to beta-read, so long as you'll accept an up-to-five-day turnaround. I'm pretty busy just keeping up with myself lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Bad moves on my part. I write a lot in PMs to myself and I used to not have a good way of labeling them (I do now though) so I accidentally deleted a part.

thankfully Haru sent it to me, so I only need to re-work it a bit to make it fit completely.
Yay, Haru!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 17:03   Link #17253
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika23onROOF View Post
O-ouch, t-that means no AlternativeS for a while...(T//////T)
T-that's okay, I'm sure you can fix it Satashi-sempai.
Don't worry, this happened like a year or almost two ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Hey, I'm a lawyer. Of course I can be bought! Seriously, yeah, I'll be glad to beta-read, so long as you'll accept an up-to-five-day turnaround. I'm pretty busy just keeping up with myself lately.

Yay, Haru!
Thanks <3 I don't mind how long it takes to turn around at all ^_^ You're doing me a favor afterall!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 17:58   Link #17254
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nanoha Used Car Dealership. RERISE!
Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
I lost my entire computer a while back due to a faulty raid setting when my motherboard blew T_T That halted 6th Division and several other side fics I was messing with.
That's why I store all my fics on google docs. There is a small program for mass uploading to it and mass downloading. I forget the name, PM me if anyone wants it.
__________________
For those that belittle their favorite characters, complain about pairings, complain about oversexed images. Stop, thank you.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 19:03   Link #17255
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Over there
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Satashi Send a message via Skype™ to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
That's why I store all my fics on google docs. There is a small program for mass uploading to it and mass downloading. I forget the name, PM me if anyone wants it.
I don't have my fics anymore, everything was lost. I'd have to backup from FF.N
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 19:05   Link #17256
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
At least you have a backup on FF.N. I don't mind losing all of my previously-completed chapters for fanfics, but I lost all my notes for them. And the original fiction... ick.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 19:25   Link #17257
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: XB-0 Hresvelgr
Send a message via MSN to TerranReaper
I feel it's worth posting this here since this is one I've been working on for quite some time with Allquall and RadiantBeam's help even though Allquall only proofread the first two chapters. It's not complete yet but I hope to unveil it to you guys.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5342230/...cles_Crusaders
__________________
For The Emperor of Mankind!
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4494/terranreaper.jpg
TerranReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 19:27   Link #17258
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranReaper View Post
I feel it's worth posting this here since this is one I've been working on for quite some time with Allquall and RadiantBeam's help even though Allquall only proofread the first two chapters. It's not complete yet but I hope to unveil it to you guys.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5342230/...cles_Crusaders
Sorry it took me so long to get chapter 6 to you, BTW. I'll try to send you chapter 7 sometime this week too if I have the chance.
__________________
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 21:48   Link #17259
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Week off from school, and I didn't touch my text books once. Gah. Oh well, I have 5 hours to kill between classes. Perfect time and atmosphere for studying!

But for now I've beaten my Bleach game and have my first Vivio/Yuuno story ready for your reviewing pleasure.

It's my first time, so please be gentle

I should note that I suck at titles, so I'd like to ask for some suggestions.

Spoiler:


I look forward to making improvements based on your input.
__________________
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 22:21   Link #17260
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In my imagination...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Week off from school, and I didn't touch my text books once. Gah. Oh well, I have 5 hours to kill between classes. Perfect time and atmosphere for studying!

But for now I've beaten my Bleach game and have my first Vivio/Yuuno story ready for your reviewing pleasure.

It's my first time, so please be gentle

I should note that I suck at titles, so I'd like to ask for some suggestions.

Spoiler:


I look forward to making improvements based on your input.
*reads it through*

This was the first time I read a fic about VivioxYuuno but it looks great so far. But I do have something to say: Would Nanoha and Fate (especially Nanoha) really just agree like that, 'Sure, go ahead and court our sixteen year-old daughter, Yuuno-kun"? I mean, I was expecting some sort of resistance at first even if they have known Yuuno for a long time...
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.