AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 35 28.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 26.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 26.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-12, 12:49   Link #61
U<3Anime
Boo!

New Opening= Action Packed (I hope the battle lives up to the animation shown in the opening).

New Ending= Fanservice for girls

and most importantly.....

BEAM FUNNELS!
Old 2008-01-12, 12:50   Link #62
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Spoiler for ep.14:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 13:23   Link #63
astranagun

To the poster above
Spoiler for ending:
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 13:25   Link #64
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
To the poster above
Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler:

As far as the opening and ending goes, I absolutely loved them. I loved the song/opening sequences a lot, and while I didn't enjoy the ending song nearly as much, the visuals weren't that bad. Much better than some of what Destiny did..iiiiick.
Old 2008-01-12, 13:32   Link #65
WhiteWings

Well, a very likely major part of why Saji and his little gang are even in the series is to not only show the civilians' perspective of all this but also how they are effected by all this.
Old 2008-01-12, 14:57   Link #66
Terra

For the opening, love it as I do the ending. The funnels make me wonder about that line that's said about the Thrines pilots and makes me wonder if to use them, they have to join up.

Also it definately looks as though CB have been around for something like 200 years, so it's entirely possible a faction with different views set up in CB. The red particles definately suggests GN Drives from a different source. A faction that believes the way things are being done is too soft and go all out which could very easily bring the wrath of the current group down on them.

The op and ending suggests to me that the current group are also going to get a lot closer rather than the current working together, but not together in the way they really should be. They're too individulistic in how they get things done. Maybe this upcoming fight, plus the appearence of the Thrones will bring them together in the way they should be.
Old 2008-01-12, 15:35   Link #67
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I like the new opening about the same as the first, which is that I sort of like it, but not as a song I would frequently play. The new ending though I really like, probably my favourite of the Gundam 00 songs so far.

Edit: Okay after a couple of plays I like the second opening a lot better than the first one after all.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 15:40   Link #68
Nu Gundam

I just won a 3$ bet.

Ali is the new Char.
This signature has been fed to carnivorous forum bunnies which are known to be attracted to signatures which break the signature rules. Unfortunately, the bunnies could not contain the awesomeness of the signature, and as such, exploded immediatly upon consumption of my signature.
Nu Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 16:22   Link #69
Chase

the opening is good, didnt think it would match the first but it did. I like it Havent watched the latest episode yet, waiting on Conclave-Mendoi
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 16:51   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Gundam View Post
Ali is the new Char.
Hmm, i have a hard time believe this --- i don't think Ali is Char-clone material.
Old 2008-01-12, 17:05   Link #71
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmm, i have a hard time believe this --- i don't think Ali is Char-clone material.
I never saw the original Gundams but didn't Char have better ideals and motivations compared to Ali?
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 17:41   Link #72
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Gundam View Post
I just won a 3$ bet.

Ali is the new Char.
What? , because Char is nothing like Ali.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I never saw the original Gundams but didn't Char have better ideals and motivations compared to Ali?
Well I suppose, since Char's motive in the original did had some justification, while Ali's motive have no justification.
Old 2008-01-12, 17:54   Link #73
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Well I suppose, since Char's motive in the original did had some justification, while Ali's motive have no justification.
That depends, Ali had just as much justification for wanting to make a profit in this world as Char did for killing his supposed friend just because of what the father did.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:08   Link #74
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I don't get it...how the hell do you guys know all this stuff before the episode even came out?
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:09   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
I don't get it...how the hell do you guys know all this stuff before the episode even came out?
Because it is out, it aired a good time ago.

Of course you're speaking about the subs, which have not been released yet.
Old 2008-01-12, 18:41   Link #76
X207
Gamyūsa

i liked this ep, and ill like the following eps even more. the appearance of the new 3 gundams really makes me look forward to the second half of the season. i cant wait for the battle in the desert. i was never this anxious to see the second half of any gundam series as it was with C.E. or gundam wing.

it seems my hunch was correct about the match ups- graham-dynames, ali-setsuna and soma-kyrios. since ali was introduced i felt he had the proper personal history to become setsunas top villain. graham is just chasing a dream that is becoming setsuna's no.1 rival.
Old 2008-01-12, 18:44   Link #77
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
That depends, Ali had just as much justification for wanting to make a profit in this world as Char did for killing his supposed friend just because of what the father did.
Spoiler for original:
Other hand Ali seems to be just fighting for personal gain.
Old 2008-01-12, 18:58   Link #78
Nu Gundam

Let me clarify the bet was: Which of the enemy aces would be the first to get a red mobile suit, forever imprinting himself as a new Char?
This signature has been fed to carnivorous forum bunnies which are known to be attracted to signatures which break the signature rules. Unfortunately, the bunnies could not contain the awesomeness of the signature, and as such, exploded immediatly upon consumption of my signature.
Nu Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:00   Link #79
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
The first part, you won the bet. The second part still remains to be seen.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:15   Link #80
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't really think, that in an organisation like CB you can just defect and take your Gundam with you. Especially since they have this all-predicting super-computer.

If there will really be two Gundam fractions fighting against each other, then I'd say, that it's part of the plan. Like they only pretend to be fighting against each other, destroying the surroundings, so that the world has to unite against them.
Veda might just go JUST AS PLANNED on everyone and decides that humanity is going to screw itself over anyways and this is the most efficient way to do it. Wonít be the first time evil supercomputers appear in fiction, really.

Since our lovable Meisters arenít the most right-minded of all people (Hallelujah promotions, anyone?), would it be safe to assume that the Thrones Meisters might be even worse? It might be this psychotic test-of-power-and-skill thing between the two groups.

If the relationship between Setsuna and Marina ever develops to something like love, then Setsuna might just pull a Jesus Yamato and defect over. Still canít see why anyone else would follow, though. Then Marina might just go all Virgin Lacus on us and starts to sing Ash Like Snow (in the PV, the vocalist Tomoko has Marina's hairstyle).

I like the new OP (being a the brilliant green fan, why wouldn't I?). Haven't seen the sequence yet, but I like the song. Can't wait for the lyric to get translated. Haven't seen the ED yet. Youtube is not turning up anything.
NominalBeast is offline   Reply With Quote