AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-14, 03:04   Link #221
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Gah, I knew someone was multi-voting Nia. When I had began my involvement, she was low on top 17, dropped past 20 or so, then came way up.
It makes me sad that Nia gets multi-voted in while Matsuri is left out. My friend and I have been voting for Matsuri for both nomination rounds, though we also supported other characters (Sakura! First Saimoe champion!). I guess 18-20 of Matsuri's points are ours, so I really shouldn't be complaining about multi-voting.

Hoping now that people have been voting more for Matsuri since the last nomination results were posted so she gets in. I need another vote.
Yeah, see, I had half-thought about the possibility of somebody from Mexico multi-voting for Nia. However, nominations were at a quicker pace, so it was like about every 20 nominations or so, and I really didn't notice it with the slew of different combinations of Clannad nominations. However, due to the slight recline of nominations (thanks to my frequent absences), there wasn't that many people nominating, and the Nia-voter didn't take notice.

If you're wondering, there's a lot of bubble shuffling (17th place and adjacent positions have been changing all night), and Matsuri's somewhere in there. Depending on Nia's penalty, someone in that group might breathe a little easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I would like to nominate, but seriously, all of the girls I would nominate are in the "Do not nominate" list, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here...
Congratulations. All your picks have already qualified into this tournament before nominations had even started. All you need to do is sit back and wait for April 1st. Of course, you can also keep spreading the word about this new project, as we are in need of participation.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:15   Link #222
qtipbrit
Buddhajew
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I would like to nominate, but seriously, all of the girls I would nominate are in the "Do not nominate" list, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here...
You know, you could always just go:
5 - Matsuri Shiho / Sola
4 - Fuko Ibuki / wins
3 - Tomoyo Sakagami / Clannad
2 - Kotomi Ichinose / dannalC
1 - Kyou Fujibayashi / nadClan

That way, Matsuri gets her five points, Fuko might move up past Nagisa, and since the three Clannad girls were already dominating the list, it won't really affect the outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Yeah, see, I had half-thought about the possibility of somebody from Mexico multi-voting for Nia. However, nominations were at a quicker pace, so it was like about every 20 nominations or so, and I really didn't notice it with the slew of different combinations of Clannad nominations. However, due to the slight recline of nominations (thanks to my frequent absences), there wasn't that many people nominating, and the Nia-voter didn't take notice.
Ah, I think you mentioned something about how Mexico really liked Nia a while ago. I didn't really get it though, since whole countries generally don't support one character. (Unless I'm wrong)
It's also been a while since the last nomination round began, so most people have probably already voted by now; I guess we got lucky there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
If you're wondering, there's a lot of bubble shuffling (17th place and adjacent positions have been changing all night), and Matsuri's somewhere in there. Depending on Nia's penalty, someone in that group might breathe a little easier.
Okay, Nia out + Kholdsecks' vote = Matsuri in! (I hope.)
__________________
qtipbrit is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:18   Link #223
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
You know, you could always just go:
5 - Matsuri Shiho / Sola
4 - Fuko Ibuki / wins
3 - Tomoyo Sakagami / Clannad
2 - Kotomi Ichinose / dannalC
1 - Kyou Fujibayashi / nadClan

That way, Matsuri gets her five points, Fuko might move up past Nagisa, and since the three Clannad girls were already dominating the list, it won't really affect the outcome.
Or you can make things interesting and balance out points in regards to 17th place. Either way, if all your characters were already qualified from the start, you should probably pay attention to the new threats *cough* like Kyou *cough*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Ah, I think you mentioned something about how Mexico really liked Nia a while ago. I didn't really get it though, since whole countries generally don't support one character. (Unless I'm wrong)
It's also been a while since the last nomination round began, so most people have probably already voted by now; I guess we got lucky there.
I did mention that. However, I didn't believe that it would be this severe. Nor did I notice that all the Nia votes came from one city in Mexico. I thought it was spread out.

And yeah, there are countries that do support a group of characters in general. But you're right - it's usually not just one character.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:20   Link #224
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wait, so you can still nominate to boost up the already-qualified characters' rankings?

Anyways, I would like to thank minhtam2448 for the creation of this tournament (at least I think, right?) because...well thanks.

And I haven't the slightest clue who Nia is.

EDIT: Oh duh, it's from one of those epic shows that I haven't watched.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:23   Link #225
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Wait, so you can still nominate to boost up the already-qualified characters' rankings?

Anyways, I would like to thank minhtam2448 for the creation of this tournament (at least I think, right?) because...well thanks.

And I haven't the slightest clue who Nia is.
Uh, no. The rankings were just based on past performances in the 2006 and 2007 Japan and Korea tournaments. Nominations do not have an effect on those xx/32 ratings. Speaking of which, once we have an official roster of 64 contestants, those xx/32 rankings will be replaced by their current record (0-0) and would be updated constantly.

And, I'd post a picture of Nia, but I don't want to hold potential mo characters in shame...
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:28   Link #226
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Sorry but I sound stupid here, but I'm still really confused. This is the page I'm looking at:

http://www.internationalmoeleague.com/standings.html

I have trouble understanding the Rank, LR, PT, and PB columns, and pretty much why there's a discussion going on if nominations don't matter. I'm also not sure about this significant 17th place or anything...or if this table I'm looking at doesn't matter at all since they're all guaranteed to participate. If anyone has time, please explain.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:38   Link #227
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Sorry but I sound stupid here, but I'm still really confused. This is the page I'm looking at:

http://www.internationalmoeleague.com/standings.html

I have trouble understanding the Rank, LR, PT, and PB columns, and pretty much why there's a discussion going on if nominations don't matter. I'm also not sure about this significant 17th place or anything...or if this table I'm looking at doesn't matter at all since they're all guaranteed to participate. If anyone has time, please explain.
Hmm... don't worry. If you follow Saimoe Japan, the concept is the same, it's just that the procedures are different. So technically, only the administrator (moi) knows what the heck is going on.

I'll give a little crash course.

To automatically qualify for the International Saimoe League (for the first year), you must place in the top 16 in a Japan or Korea Saimoe tournament from the last two years. However, since a handful of characters, namely the top 2 in the contestants page, finished in the top 16 in virtually every tournament held in that year, there were a few openings that needed to be filled.

If you look at the schedule page, there should be matches that include the name: FANVOTE # so and so, all the way up to #17. There were 17 openings that needed to be filled.

The "Rank" is where they stand in the nomination rankings. Although many numbers really don't serve a purpose, they are there because only the top 17 will qualify for this league and join the other 47 who have already qualified. The rank they end up with when nominations end will also determine the schedule they will have when the league starts.

The "LR" means "last rank". This just states the rank they were in last week.

PT equals the points they have at the moment based on their nominations.

PB means "points behind". This column was made to help voters determine the number of points behind 17th place a particular character is in. Anybody above 17th place will have a + sign meaning that they are ahead by that number of votes.

Any more questions? I may think about an FAQ section.


FYI - after nominations end, the nomination standings will be replaced with the REAL standings. I'll explain that once I start using a little gadget I saved up for this league.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:47   Link #228
qtipbrit
Buddhajew
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Sorry but I sound stupid here, but I'm still really confused. This is the page I'm looking at:

http://www.internationalmoeleague.com/standings.html

I have trouble understanding the Rank, LR, PT, and PB columns, and pretty much why there's a discussion going on if nominations don't matter. I'm also not sure about this significant 17th place or anything...or if this table I'm looking at doesn't matter at all since they're all guaranteed to participate. If anyone has time, please explain.
Geeez.
Nominations do count, since there will be 64 contestants in SaiMoe, but only 47 were pre-qualified, so the top 17 will be included.
The rank is the current standing/place the character holds, from first to however many have received points thus far (400+ or something), but the top 43 are shown on the list. LR is what what place they held after the last voting period was checked.
PT is the total points the character has received, and PB is the point difference the character has from the cut-off: 17th place, as of now, Shiori with 141 points, so Matsuri with 134 PT has a PB of -7, and Kotomi with 274 PT has a PB of +133.

Now go get Matsuri into the top 17.

EDIT: Oh, I was late, but still, vote Mats.
__________________
qtipbrit is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:48   Link #229
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
You know, I think I may have worded it the wrong way, hence Khold got more confused.

Anyway, nominations are almost done - just 11 more to go, not counting the ones received on March 14th, since I won't bother with those until next week. There will be an official announcement in 10 minutes the earliest.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:50   Link #230
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Oh I see, so if I get it right, then this page isn't the page that lists the contestants already qualified. I think I was confusing about that particular subject. So to put it bluntly, the top 17 from that page will become contestants, right? That means I better get to nominating then.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 03:51   Link #231
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Oh I see, so if I get it right, then this page isn't the page that lists the contestants already qualified. I think I was confusing about that particular subject. So to put it bluntly, the top 17 from that page will become contestants, right? That means I better get to nominating then.
Before you do, check this page. These are the contestants you're NOT allowed to nominate.

And as an added bonus, don't nominate Kyou, cause I allowed her in before I opened up nominations a second time.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 04:00   Link #232
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow, that was tougher than I thought. Sorry, but Matsuri really isn't moe to me. *hides* Too bad my nominations don't really matter, since I truly love 5 of the ones in the 17 anyways.

My nominations:

5: Nagisa (Clannad)
4: Sakura (CCS)
3: Ryou (Clannad)
2: Shiori (Kanon)
1: Tomoyo (Clannad)

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-03-14 at 15:45.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 06:45   Link #233
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
UPDATE: The new nomination standings are up, both the top 41 image as well as the excel file. And I finally updated the first post on this thread.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 08:33   Link #234
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well interesting standings. Horo is really holding out for the 5th spot there. Hanyuu makes up for any earlier disadvantage by launching up there. Runa's got the same chance I do of never procrastinating again in terms of getting in there. That Runa vs San match dead before we start .

Am worried more about Clannad's overall dominance here. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, T-6th, 8th, and 17th. Wouldn't say Clannad doesn't have plenty of moe in the cast which is does. But still something to be worried about if you want someone to win that isn't on that show.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 13:00   Link #235
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well interesting standings. Horo is really holding out for the 5th spot there. Hanyuu makes up for any earlier disadvantage by launching up there. Runa's got the same chance I do of never procrastinating again in terms of getting in there. That Runa vs San match dead before we start .

Am worried more about Clannad's overall dominance here. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, T-6th, 8th, and 17th. Wouldn't say Clannad doesn't have plenty of moe in the cast which is does. But still something to be worried about if you want someone to win that isn't on that show.
Here's my take on this. All of the 2006 - 2007 entries that have performed very well and are expected to perform well have already qualified. If you look closely at the nomination standings, some of the characters are just hopefuls, possibly not having a chance at the top 32 but having the chance of being considered a top 64 moe character of all time.

Clannad aired after the conclusion of Saimoe 2007. Really, any 2008 character (or characters that didn't exist before Saimoe 2007) can be wildcards, and Clannad's holding six of them. Horo and Tamaki Kawazoe are also wildcards. Because of this, you have eight or nine potential wildcards that can completely change the metagame, and as a result, you may see big names fall out of the top 16 entirely.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-03-14 at 15:42.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 14:53   Link #236
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Here's my take on this. All of the 2006 - 2007 entries that have performed very well and are expected to perform well have already qualified. If you look closely at the nomination standings, some of the characters are just hopefuls, possibly not having a chance at the top 32 but having the chance of being considered a top 64 moe character of all time.

Clannad aired after the conclusion of Saimoe 2007. Really, any 2008 character (or character that didn't exist before Saimoe 2007) can be wildcards, and Clannad's holding six of them. Horo and Tamaki Kawazoe are also wildcards. Because of this, you have eight or nine potential wildcards that can completely change the metagame, and as a result, you may see big names fall out of the top 16 entirely.
I think that's where I got confused also. I thought that the nomination list contains the ONLY entries into the tournament, so it seemed like Clannad is dominating, but certain characters, such as Haruhi, Hinaguki, and Shana are already qualified, but that wasn't really made clear.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-03-14 at 15:45.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 17:02   Link #237
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
I am getting 500 Internal Server Error in the test vote. I am voting from Linux(Ubuntu) OS laptop with Firefox 2.0 Browser.
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 17:58   Link #238
Kerigis
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I am getting 500 Internal Server Error in the test vote. I am voting from Linux(Ubuntu) OS laptop with Firefox 2.0 Browser.
I'm also having the error, and I'm practically using the oppsites of that (Windows Vista with Internet Explorer 7).

I hope it didn't crashed or anything...
Kerigis is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 19:05   Link #239
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I think that's where I got confused also. I thought that the nomination list contains the ONLY entries into the tournament, so it seemed like Clannad is dominating, but certain characters, such as Haruhi, Hinaguki, and Shana are already qualified, but that wasn't really made clear.
Oh definitely have some confidence in the characters already qualified. They wouldn't be already there and thus not requiring nomination otherwise. But where Clannad characters are in the nomination rankings at least reminds you that they will be something to keep an eye on.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-03-14, 20:47   Link #240
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Checked it with a Mac OS X laptop using Safari... and I got it too. I'll look into it, and we'll have a rematch as soon as I feel I've fixed it.

EDIT: Fixed it already. Apparently I removed something I wasn't supposed to delete.

Exhibition match will have an extention and will end on Sunday, March 16, at 0200 GMT.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, moe, saimoe

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.